PDA

View Full Version : OM 2009 Mock Draft I Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

JCMElway
02-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Here it is. Discuss!

--We do all 7 rounds. There will be a 24 hour time limit in round one, a 12 hour time limit thereafter.

--Trades are definetly IN. Trades that both parties agree to just need to get PMed to myself or anyone helping me run the draft, just so we can change the order.

brncs_fan
02-24-2009, 06:39 AM
I am ready to pick now. Going to give everyone one last chance to trade up and save your draft board.

Northman
02-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Lets get this party started. \m/

SoDak Bronco
02-24-2009, 02:27 PM
When is the offical start time?

JCMElway
02-24-2009, 02:30 PM
The draft starts at 8 AM CST on Wednesday.

gyldenlove
02-24-2009, 03:43 PM
How do we announce trades?

JCMElway
02-24-2009, 07:02 PM
How do we announce trades?

Just PM me or someone who is helping me run the draft. Then we'll announce it and change the order on the first page of the draft thread.

JCMElway
02-24-2009, 07:03 PM
BTW, I need to or three guys to volunteer to help run this thing. Who would, officially like to be co-commissioners here?

Magichef, did you say you wanted to help?

TheReverend
02-25-2009, 05:34 AM
Game time, yes?

brncs_fan
02-25-2009, 05:42 AM
Still debating between two guys. Should have my pick up shortly after 8cst.

brncs_fan
02-25-2009, 07:48 AM
This was a pretty tough decision to make with who to go with at #1. The lions have so many holes, especially on the defensive side of the ball, that really anybody could have come off the board and it would have made sense.

Curry would have been a great addition to the defense, but I thought in improved offense would help the defense out by keeping them off the field. Crabtree is wild card right now with his foot and not really a need. Stafford was not going to be the answer this year and I thought that the Lions would be better served going after a QB next year instead of rapping up #1 money in a guy with a lot of question marks. Andre Smith took himself out of contention with his combine hijinks.

I really liked Jason Smith out of Baylor. I think he has the most upside of the first round OT's. The lions really need people that can come in and play this year though and Monroe seemed to fit that bill. With Monroe on the outside with last years pick Cherilous on the right, the have a couple of tackles that could be on their line for years now. This also allows their current LT to slide inside to guard, so the pick really addresses two needs in one shot.

Kaylore
02-25-2009, 07:54 AM
For what it's worth, I'm hoping Detroit or the Rams take Curry. It will really put the Chiefs in a position to take someone that has a greater chance of not working out.

TheReverend
02-25-2009, 07:58 AM
For what it's worth, I'm hoping Detroit or the Rams take Curry. It will really put the Chiefs in a position to take someone that has a greater chance of not working out.

I remember when Derrick Johnson was "can't miss"

:)

MagicHef
02-25-2009, 08:17 AM
BTW, I need to or three guys to volunteer to help run this thing. Who would, officially like to be co-commissioners here?

Magichef, did you say you wanted to help?

Yes, I'll help. Did you get my PMs about the trades?

socalorado
02-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey, how long do each poster get between picks?!?

ludo21
02-25-2009, 08:28 AM
Great pick brncs fan.... Lions need to bolster those lines first and he is arguably the best in the draft.

brncs_fan
02-25-2009, 08:29 AM
--We do all 7 rounds. There will be a 24 hour time limit in round one, a 12 hour time limit thereafter.

Post #1

SoDak Bronco
02-25-2009, 08:33 AM
brncs_fan nice selection, did you have a toss up between him and Jason Smith from Baylor, or were you looking at Stafford?

So quick question, the next guy picking has 24 hrs to make his pick? Or we want the whole first round done in 24 hrs?

Northman
02-25-2009, 08:35 AM
This was a pretty tough decision to make with who to go with at #1. The lions have so many holes, especially on the defensive side of the ball, that really anybody could have come off the board and it would have made sense.

Curry would have been a great addition to the defense, but I thought in improved offense would help the defense out by keeping them off the field. Crabtree is wild card right now with his foot and not really a need. Stafford was not going to be the answer this year and I thought that the Lions would be better served going after a QB next year instead of rapping up #1 money in a guy with a lot of question marks. Andre Smith took himself out of contention with his combine hijinks.

I really liked Jason Smith out of Baylor. I think he has the most upside of the first round OT's. The lions really need people that can come in and play this year though and Monroe seemed to fit that bill. With Monroe on the outside with last years pick Cherilous on the right, the have a couple of tackles that could be on their line for years now. This also allows their current LT to slide inside to guard, so the pick really addresses two needs in one shot.

Great pick. No Complaints here. A guy in another Mock i am a part of took Smith so either way i think the Lions would be covered. ^5

MagicHef
02-25-2009, 08:40 AM
brncs_fan nice selection, did you have a toss up between him and Jason Smith from Baylor, or were you looking at Stafford?

So quick question, the next guy picking has 24 hrs to make his pick? Or we want the whole first round done in 24 hrs?

Rohirrim has 24 hours to make his selection.

ludo21
02-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Rams are on the clock now, and when he makes the pick the next guy is on.

24 hrs from each pick

SoDak Bronco
02-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Okay thanks for the clarification. How long did it take last year to get through all the rounds?

Mediator12
02-25-2009, 08:46 AM
JCM, Hey I offered help in my PM to you. I will certainly help in any way you see fit. Let me know what you need. I'll ask TJ if he would give update powers over here.

brncs_fan
02-25-2009, 08:49 AM

Honestly, I was not real high on the Lions taking a QB #1. They need to be able to not get their investment killed and be able to run the ball before they can concentrate on QB. I took Monroe over Smith based on the fact that Monroe is more ready to come in and play from the first day.

Rohirrim
02-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Even with the loss of two inches and the foot problem, I still think Crabtree is the top offensive player in this draft, and that's what the Rams need more than anything.

Mediator12
02-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Rams need defense big time too, but Crabtree is real hard to pass there. There is no defender, outside of Curry, anywhere near selecting at that point though.

This draft is cruising already. Lets keep it going folks!

TheDave
02-25-2009, 09:16 AM
This draft is cruising already. Lets keep it going folks!

Absolutely, I'll have my pick up in about 20 hours... give or take ;D

Mediator12
02-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Absolutely, I'll have my pick up in about 20 hours... give or take ;D

Dude the deadline to vote me off the island is in 2 hours, don't miss it :notworthy

ludo21
02-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Broken foot not scare you at all Roh?

brncs_fan
02-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Maybe JCM will show up sometime this year and update the list. What a slacker.

TheDave
02-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Cheifs pick is in... PM to the seahags is off

NEXT...

Kaylore
02-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Amazing turn of events! Crabtree at number 2, despite the injury concerns and TheDave doesn't buy Thigpen. Curry - probably the best player in the draft - is still on the board! What will happen next?

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/7888/suspense1ha9.jpg

brncs_fan
02-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Wow. Didn't see Stafford to the Rams coming at all.

The Browns are going to get a gift.

Rohirrim
02-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Broken foot not scare you at all Roh?

He'll be fine. ;D

brncs_fan
02-25-2009, 09:41 AM
This place may explode with the Broncos on the clock at the #4 slot.

Broncoman13
02-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Curry is going to be a BRONCO!!!

Broncoman13
02-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Of course, we won't have anybody else on our defense but him... but we'll have the only can't miss player of the draft!

ludo21
02-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Great Trade, better draft Curry now!

Kaylore
02-25-2009, 09:49 AM
I would love curry a Bronco. However I think ILB is not as high priority as the D-line and OLB position (of course maybe curry can play OLB). Ultimately I think it was a lot to give up, but if you're going to do that, getting the best player in the draft is not a bad deal at ALL.

Seattle will be looking pretty and should have a great draft.

This is fun! I can't wait for ours to start.

rugbythug
02-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Curry to Denver now that is a bit of a shocker!

socalorado
02-25-2009, 09:53 AM
I would love curry a Bronco. However I think ILB is not as high priority as the D-line and OLB position (of course maybe curry can play OLB). Ultimately I think it was a lot to give up, but if you're going to do that, getting the best player in the draft is not a bad deal at ALL.

Seattle will be looking pretty and should have a great draft.

This is fun! I can't wait for ours to start.

I notified Drek that he is on the clock, kaylore but you may want to PM him as well.
This deal was based on a specific player being available at #4.

gyldenlove
02-25-2009, 09:54 AM
I would love Curry, he would be a fantastic SOLB in any system, he can cover, he can blitz, he is FS fast and he is a solid tackler who can really lay the lumber. If I didn't have a huge man-crush on BJ Raji I would be drooling at the prospect of getting Curry, who for my money is the best player in the draft.

ludo21
02-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Although Drek hasnt selected yet so maybe Raji..?

Paladin
02-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Can they trade back into the lower first or upper second to get a DE or NT?

The suspense is building...... (cue organ music)

SoDak Bronco
02-25-2009, 10:03 AM
Wow how does that trade come out on the points chart? I would think we needed to give up more to get the #4 pick!! woohoo

TheReverend
02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
This is awesome!

MagicHef
02-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Wow how does that trade come out on the points chart? I would think we needed to give up more to get the #4 pick!! woohoo

#4: 1800 points

#12 & #48: 1620 points

Kaylore
02-25-2009, 10:10 AM
I notified Drek that he is on the clock, kaylore but you may want to PM him as well.
This deal was based on a specific player being available at #4.

I can, but FYI this isn't "my" draft. Ours doesn't start until tomorrow 8 Am.

rugbythug
02-25-2009, 10:11 AM
#4: 1800 points

#12 & #48: 1620 points

So Seattle sees Crabtree gone and just says screw this I am outee.

JCMElway
02-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Maybe JCM will show up sometime this year and update the list. What a slacker.

Heh. You're a funny man..... :approve:

ludo21
02-25-2009, 10:18 AM
So Seattle sees Crabtree gone and just says screw this I am outee.

Maclin may be available at 12. Great trade for both parties I think.

JCMElway
02-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Hey all, I lost the edit button on the picks page. I thought if I edited it frequently then I could keep editing it. Nope.

I've got a PM out to see if I can get the edit feature back. Until I hear something, please just keep a tally of the picks on a piece of scratch paper by your PC.

If we have to, we'll update all the picks within the thread, but that will make for a long, messy, and hard to follow draft. I'd like to avoid that if I can.

JCM

Arkie
02-25-2009, 10:24 AM
That would be a great trade for the Broncos. They could throw in a 4th & 5th, and it would still be fair. But, the Broncos need picks. We're more than just "one player away."

JCMElway
02-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Oh, BTW, after you have completed your pick, add the time and time zone to your selection. And please PM the next drafter they are up.

socalorado
02-25-2009, 10:32 AM
That would be a great trade for the Broncos. They could throw in a 4th & 5th, and it would still be fair. But, the Broncos need picks. We're more than just "one player away."

Thats really what this comes down to.
If you make a trade in the top of the draft, and the two parties just argue over every single point on a chart, then it just falls apart. There really was no bartering for picks. I wanted one more (colbert 5th rounder) , but being a homer for DEN and trying to have fun in a mock, i just said screw it, SEA now has a bunch of high picks, who cares. SEA has holes all over. I need high picks bad.

eddie mac
02-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Can they trade back into the lower first or upper second to get a DE or NT?

The suspense is building...... (cue organ music)

Not now. With the first and second rd picks gone, no way even the rest of the Broncos picks get you anywhere near the upper 2nd.

brncs_fan
02-25-2009, 02:10 PM
First the trade and now................Suspense.

socalorado
02-25-2009, 02:31 PM
First the trade and now................Suspense.

Sorry guys. Hes more than likely working. Shouldnt be too long now though.

rugbythug
02-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Man we were through like pick7-8 by now last year.

SoDak Bronco
02-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Cue the Jeopardy music....

ludo21
02-25-2009, 05:17 PM
He must be away or trying to trade down now...

TheReverend
02-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rohirrim
02-25-2009, 07:05 PM
What the hell is going on? Last year we were to the 20th pick by now.

SoDak Bronco
02-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Can someone just pick curry for him..I thought that is why he was trading up?

socalorado
02-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Can someone just pick curry for him..I thought that is why he was trading up?

He gets his alloted time i guess. If he doesnt sign in by the deadline, I guess me and JCMELWAY will make his pick for him.

Something must have happened, cause its not like DREK to be this way. Considering that he designed the deal that got him the #4 pick.

I PM'd him again. I dunno what else to do.

SoDak Bronco
02-25-2009, 08:01 PM
He must be negotiating with Curry's agent..this could go all night lol

ludo21
02-25-2009, 09:25 PM
dang it, I wanted to know at least before I went to bed what Drek picked. ahh

JCMElway
02-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Screw this. The Broncos select Aaron Curry. Let's move on.

Folks, in the future, if you're making a trade up for a specific player, PM me the player in question so we can move on.

ludo21
02-25-2009, 09:49 PM
The suspense is over!!

Now I can sleep lol.

brncs_fan
02-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Very interesting mock so far. Can't wait to see who falls into my lap at 20.

SoDak Bronco
02-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Woohoo...I like the trade to get Curry..The dude will be a freaking beast!!

bpc
02-25-2009, 11:38 PM
LOVE the trade for Curry. The guy is amazing. I would get goosebumps getting that guy. He's gonna be a machine at the next level. Question is, where do you play him? He literally could play ANY spot in a 3-4. He has size, speed, rush and cover abilities.

I know from experience, the hardest spot to fill in the 3-4 is the SAM LB spot. It doesn't get a lot of pub because there is a lot of coverage involved including taking out the strong side of the formation every play. But you almost want to take the reigns off this kid and let him run and make plays.

Interesting trade. I hate to lose a 2nd rounder in a deep draft but to get Curry who will be a 10-12 year starter, multiple pro bowler in my opinion... sometimes you just gotta pull the trigger.

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 01:59 AM
I am up now with the Browns, but I am trying to finalize a trade with rugbythug (Raiders).

As soon as I hear back from him, we will be good to go.

Probably be in the morning.

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 02:35 AM
rugbythug....I will not be online until 10:30 am (Eastern Time) on Thursday, so if you are online before me and approve the trade, go ahead and send it to JCMElway, and make your selection.

Drek
02-26-2009, 04:46 AM
Sorry for the slow selection, was out of the office all day and then when I got home the internet was on the fritz. All good now though.

Its debatable. Some newer draft value charts are lowering the premium on top 5 picks to reflect all the guaranteed money a team has to hand over. In the trade value chart thread (stickied on this forum) you can see that a fairly recent PFT chart shows just this and would consider #4 worth 900 even while #12 is 790 and 48 is 186, for a total of 976. The value of a mid-4th in that draft chart.

The traditional chart does peg it at about a 180 point difference, but then I think that draft chart is losing relevance in the NFL. I think a real world deal that Denver could easily get squared away with Seattle would be #12 and #48 this year as well as an '10 3rd or 4th based on record (if Denver is in the top 15 its a 4th, otherwise a 3rd). That includes a little bit of a trade up premium and doesn't require the Broncos to exhaust their '09 resources completely.

Of course socalorado tried to extort another pick but I rebuffed him because Denver gave up all it could afford to give up. Now I'm looking forward to hitting those late round sleepers that only a handful of you will probably even recognize. :D

LOVE the trade for Curry. The guy is amazing. I would get goosebumps getting that guy. He's gonna be a machine at the next level. Question is, where do you play him? He literally could play ANY spot in a 3-4. He has size, speed, rush and cover abilities.

I know from experience, the hardest spot to fill in the 3-4 is the SAM LB spot. It doesn't get a lot of pub because there is a lot of coverage involved including taking out the strong side of the formation every play. But you almost want to take the reigns off this kid and let him run and make plays.

Interesting trade. I hate to lose a 2nd rounder in a deep draft but to get Curry who will be a 10-12 year starter, multiple pro bowler in my opinion... sometimes you just gotta pull the trigger.
Exactly my feelings BPC. We've got too much value tied up in how our SOLB does his work with Champ on that side, and at the same time in today's pass happy, receiving TE era you need an SOLB who can man up on a guy down field and make plays in the passing game.

It won't be all grunt work for Curry though, he's got all world talent at every aspect of playing the OLB spot. He might start at OLB but as our depth chart would fill out with capable 3-4 backers we'd be able to move him around to inside or WOLB as needed and let him create problems there as well. He'd also probably need to move inside in nickel and dime formations as it is since Larsen isn't great in pass coverage, with Woodyard or Boss Bailey filling in at SOLB.

He'd also be much more blitz capable than your average 3-4 SOLB and by making use of that we'd force offenses to look away from the weak side, letting Dumervil, Moss, or whomever else is at WOLB have an easier time getting to the QB.

Broncoman13
02-26-2009, 06:56 AM
Good job Drek. Curry is the only guy in this draft worth trading our 2nd for. Not to say other teams wouldn't be smart to move up for a few different guys. The OL, Stafford, Crabtree, etc. But for the Broncos, Curry is the only guy that really makes sense. His versatility is a big draw. Love the pick, truly I do. But also would have been fine had you decided to trade down a little bit and get multiple guys to play LB/DL. Lots of options and I like the way it's turned out thus far.

rugbythug
02-26-2009, 07:14 AM
There has been a Trade at Pick # 5. Greasy Old Rugbythug has Traded his Pick #7 and #104 for #5. Pick up Shortly.

SoDak Bronco
02-26-2009, 07:14 AM
I think I speak for most when I say, I'd buy a freaking Broncos Curry jersey in a second..like right now

Northman
02-26-2009, 07:40 AM
The Trade for Curry is great but very unlikely.

Arkie
02-26-2009, 08:03 AM
You guys are making me believe we should trade our entire draft for Curry. He wouldn’t make it past Detroit if he’s such a sure thing. Let’s grab him! He could be the next Mike Croel! :stirstir:

Kaylore
02-26-2009, 09:02 AM

It's not impossible, but unlikely. It would very exciting.

TheReverend
02-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Great pick, rugby

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Great pick, rugby

Yep....I can't blame him for wanting to jump the Bengals to get Jason Smith.

rugbythug
02-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Great pick, rugby

Thanks This was all Beelzebub he did the scouting. He also negotiated the trade, Very persuasive.

worm
02-26-2009, 09:38 AM
I would be surprised if Smith doesn't get selected before Monroe.

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 09:47 AM

I agree.

TheReverend
02-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks This was all Beelzebub he did the scouting. He also negotiated the trade, Very persuasive.

Let me also add, that I would hate it if Oak nabbed him. I also think you had a responsibility as the virtual arm of Al Davis to draft Beanie Wells at 5.

Drek
02-26-2009, 11:07 AM

A lot of people consider Monroe the more well rounded of the two, most notably as the better run blocker.

So from a "can't screw up this pick" type of situation Monroe is the guy you'd want to bet on from the OTs.

Its been over two decades since an MLB went #1 overall and that guy was actually a big bust.

They slide a little, for a similar reason as to why centers don't ever go in the first and fullbacks are almost always a second half of the second day thing. Doesn't matter how great a player is, a value is attached to the position.

For Detroit, they already have a big chunk of change tied up in Ernie Sims at LB and it isn't a premier position in Schwartz' defense. I could see them as being at least as likely to take Raji as Curry, but ultimately they need to fix their OL as badly as any other unit and Monroe is the safest bet to make a big upgrade there, especially since it lets them move Bachus into OG where he probably belongs himself.

Living in St. Louis, I could see the Crabtree selection as they are now shopping Tory Holt. They're also shopping Orlando Pace. I'm almost positive they'll go WR or OT and won't take Curry.

So that puts the ball in Pioli's court. A lot of people think KC would go hot and heavy for Curry to help them make the 3-4 transition. Maybe they would. But Pioli didn't draft a LB in New England until they let the LB crew get so old and thin they had no other alternatives. If one of the top two OTs (Monroe or Jason Smith) is still available I could see the making that pick. I also wouldn't be surprised if they go with Stafford. The tells (Pioli being Parcells' son-in-law, Pats avoiding LB until it was an absolute need, and a Pioli student in Dimitroff hitting big on a #3 overall QB last year with Ryan) tells me they won't look LB as much as some others think and will instead want to go OT or QB, hitting one of the "franchise" positions.

That would put Curry in Seattle's lap, who we could very possibly work a trade out with, especially if Curry is gone. Its entirely doable. The real question is if the FO could finagle it. I'm not expecting it, but I'd be incredibly happy if we did it.

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 11:15 AM
What a pain in the butt for JCMElway not to be able to edit the draft list and order from the first post.

socalorado
02-26-2009, 11:20 AM
What a pain in the butt for JCMElway not to be able to edit the draft list and order from the first post.

Seriously! Theres also morons over on the actual draft board making comments on the picks that are not even part of the draft! What a mess this thing is.

worm
02-26-2009, 11:37 AM
A lot of people consider Monroe the more well rounded of the two, most notably as the better run blocker.

So from a "can't screw up this pick" type of situation Monroe is the guy you'd want to bet on from the OTs.

Smith wasn't asked to do a lot of traditional run blocking at Baylor as they operated from the spread a lot. He appears to be athletic enough to be a very good run blocker.

I dunno...The upside seems higher to me with Jason. I don't want to focus solely on the measurables...but Smith is much more athletic.

That said...there doesn't seem to be a lot of separation between Eugene and Jason. If the Lions go OT for #1....it might come down to the best contract they can negotiate prior to the draft from either one.

chaz
02-26-2009, 11:43 AM
That would put Curry in Seattle's lap, who we could very possibly work a trade out with, especially if Curry is gone. Its entirely doable. The real question is if the FO could finagle it. I'm not expecting it, but I'd be incredibly happy if we did it.

This is where you lost me...why would we trade with Seattle if Curry was gone?

MagicHef
02-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Perhaps I should not have traded down. Now I'm not sure if we'll ever get around to my picks.

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 12:26 PM
I will be ready to make my pick quickly once Killericon picks for the Bengals.

Drek
02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
This is where you lost me...why would we trade with Seattle if Curry was gone?

Sorry, other C name, Crabtree. Got Curry on the brain. ;P

JCMElway
02-26-2009, 02:34 PM

Yeah, the thread is going to be very long. On the bright side, at least I'll have a nice increase to my post count.

I hafta go teach a class tonight, but the updated list, with some fixes to the draft order, will be up tonight.

bpc
02-26-2009, 02:51 PM
I think that Curry is one of the most talented LB's i've seen in awhile.

rugbythug
02-26-2009, 03:09 PM
We are not going to make it at this pace.

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 03:12 PM
I agree....we need to pick up the pace and get things moving.

Arkansas Bronco
02-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Any of the teams that have 2 people working them want my spot? I just got laid off and have something much larger on my mind.

Rohirrim
02-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Perhaps some people do not get the basic concept here. See, what you do is, when your turn comes up, you pick a player. It's really not too difficult.

Mediator12
02-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Perhaps some people do not get the basic concept here. See, what you do is, when your turn comes up, you pick a player. It's really not too difficult.

This is not very good at all. I can not believe how slow this is with the top 10 picks ???

JCMElway
02-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Don't worry folks, it'll pick up. We had a week to spare before the draft last year.

I would ask drafters to watch the board carefully. If you're up within three picks and may be away from a the Mane for an extended period of time, please PM me or Socalorado a couple of options to put in for you at your selection.

TheReverend
02-26-2009, 05:02 PM
This is obnoxious.

This round is the ****ing easiest one.

ludo21
02-26-2009, 05:27 PM
who is even up now? This has taken awhile

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Killericon is on the clock.

socalorado
02-26-2009, 06:30 PM
who is even up now? This has taken awhile

I think Killericon, so if you see him signed in, tell him he's a cumrag, and then tell him to make his pick!

Mediator12
02-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Nice Pick Killericon. Not sure Cinci has the balls to do that, but it makes a lot of sense to me. Raji Is a player they could pair with Domata Peko who just might be the most underrrated DT in the NFL right now.

You were dangerously close to getting my first ever negative rep though ;D

The first round needs to be quicker!

socalorado
02-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Nice pick killericon, I think Arkie's up next, but i dont think hes in the house.....

Arkie
02-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Rugbythug is up before me

socalorado
02-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Rugbythug is up before me

Didnt rugby thug move up and take Jason Smith?!?!
Check the draft thread

socalorado
02-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Hold on, it might be southstand junkies turn.

socalorado
02-26-2009, 07:41 PM
OK i PMed Southstand to see if he swapped picks with rugbythug. I think the Browns are now on the clock.
This thing is a mess.

JCMElway
02-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Guys, calm down. I'm gonna have an updated list up before 11 PM CST.

We're fine.

Seriously.

socalorado
02-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Guys, calm down. I'm gonna have an updated list up before 11 PM CST.

We're fine.

Seriously.

I gotta brown paper bag. I'm good. :P

DBroncos4life
02-26-2009, 07:49 PM
rape and pillage!!!!

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 08:04 PM
I am up....rugby and I made a trade.

Raiders got #5.

Browns gets #7 and #104

ludo21
02-26-2009, 08:24 PM
who ya picking? ;D

JCMElway
02-26-2009, 08:33 PM
OK, just updated the picks in the selection thread. That draft order should have all of the trades we have mentioned. Please let me know if it doesn't.

JCM

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 08:36 PM
The Browns took Brian Orakpo....arkie is up and has been PMed.

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I was not really pleased with the Orakpo pick....would have liked to have maybe traded down one more time, but I wanted to get the mock moving along.

ludo21
02-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Orakpo is solid pick.

ludo21
02-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Andre Smith and Brown!!

Moving along now, great picks guys, both will be solid.

DBroncos4life
02-26-2009, 09:53 PM
I was not really pleased with the Orakpo pick....would have liked to have maybe traded down one more time, but I wanted to get the mock moving along.

Thats who I wanted.

Arkansas Bronco
02-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Nice guys if any of you fuggin carer read my past post

ludo21
02-26-2009, 10:26 PM
I saw it ark and Im sorry man, I hope that something else comes up for you.

I think JCM is working on getting a replacement for you.

JCMElway
02-27-2009, 12:00 AM
I've already PMed Ark bro with my best wishes for him.

Thumpc will be stepping in for the Falcons.

JCMElway
02-27-2009, 01:06 AM
The edit feature is back! All picks will be updated in the first post of the selection thread!

Arkansas Bronco
02-27-2009, 04:53 AM
Sorry for the way I acted. Ive never been in this spot before and it is hitting me pretty hard.

socalorado
02-27-2009, 09:41 AM
I am having a hard time understanding why SD would trade up.
SEA doesnt need a RB right away with all of its other horrid needs, and BUF doesnt need one, so this should be interesting

Mediator12
02-27-2009, 10:58 AM
SEA doesnt need a RB right away with all of its other horrid needs, and BUF doesnt need one, so this should be interesting

Jeremy Maclin? That's my guess with SEA being next in line.

ludo21
02-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Sorry for the way I acted. Ive never been in this spot before and it is hitting me pretty hard.

no problem man. I really hope that something comes up and it will work out for ya man.

JCMElway
02-27-2009, 11:09 AM
BTW, we are sticking with the draft order as is. After we started, trades going down in the actual NFL do not affect us.

JCMElway
02-27-2009, 12:15 PM
OK, now we're getting a little joementum! Let's keep this thing rolling!

JCMElway
02-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Hey ludo, how come I can't send you a PM?

eddie mac
02-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Nothing to see here.

TheReverend
02-27-2009, 12:29 PM

I'm disappointed in your Maclin pick, yet I'm glad you picked up an extra day one pick in doing it.

TheReverend
02-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Jeremy Maclin? That's my guess with SEA being next in line.

OT: What type of curve are you thinking the new Indy stad put on the 40 times?

I'm legitimately expecting roughly .1 faster on pro days.

socalorado
02-27-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm disappointed in your Maclin pick, yet I'm glad you picked up an extra day one pick in doing it.

Why disapointed?

TheReverend
02-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Why disapointed?

I honestly can't give you one single reason. For some reason, I just really don't like the guy.

Carmelo15
02-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Heyward-Bey at #13 was a much worse pick than Maclin in my opinion. Not that I dont like the WR from Maryland, I jus feel 13 was too high to take him.

socalorado
02-27-2009, 12:55 PM
I honestly can't give you one single reason. For some reason, I just really don't like the guy.

Maclin hauled in 80 passes for 1,055 yards and nine touchdowns. He also carried the ball 13 times for 375 yards and four touchdowns. Maclin also returned 25 punts for 307 yards and two scores and 43 kickoffs for 1,039 yards and one touchdown. He was the only player in D-1 to score touchdowns by rushing, receiving, punt return and kick return. His 2,776 all-purpose yards were a freshman record and earned him consensus All-America honors. He hasn't slowed down much in 2008. Maclin has 95 receptions for 1,221 yards and 12 touchdowns, 35 rushes for 250 yards and two touchdowns, 987 yards and one score on kick returns and 188 yards on punt returns.

Eddie Royal all over again.
SEA just has too many issues at WR, and they need an electrifying player to revamp their offense. I had to do it.

TheReverend
02-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Maclin hauled in 80 passes for 1,055 yards and nine touchdowns. He also carried the ball 13 times for 375 yards and four touchdowns. Maclin also returned 25 punts for 307 yards and two scores and 43 kickoffs for 1,039 yards and one touchdown. He was the only player in D-1 to score touchdowns by rushing, receiving, punt return and kick return. His 2,776 all-purpose yards were a freshman record and earned him consensus All-America honors. He hasn't slowed down much in 2008. Maclin has 95 receptions for 1,221 yards and 12 touchdowns, 35 rushes for 250 yards and two touchdowns, 987 yards and one score on kick returns and 188 yards on punt returns.

Eddie Royal all over again.
SEA just has too many issues at WR, and they need an electrifying player to revamp their offense. I had to do it.

I get your reasons, something about him just irks me. A Nicks or Harvin later on, maybe?

Meh. It's gonna break my heart to have to pass on Maybin.

ludo21
02-27-2009, 01:33 PM
I dont know JCM, try again. I just cleared my box just in case that was the issue.

socalorado
02-27-2009, 03:26 PM
good pick by the aints. Nice Ludo.

ludo21
02-27-2009, 04:01 PM
they need a safety sooo bad, but none was worthy that pick. I was praying Jenkins would fall but nope.

I could not find a trade partner for the life of me either, ugh.. now I wait til round 4 ;D

Cushing is a sure stud LB for years to come so I cant go wrong here.

Killericon
02-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Sorry about taking so long with my pick, guys. I'm up in Inveremere skiing with the family.

I thought about taking Andre Smith, but the Bengals need work on defense, and Marvin lewis would love Raji.

I'll be on the ball for the rest, I swear!

ludo21
02-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Jackson will be solid at DE chaz. Good pick man.

Carmelo15
02-27-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm definitely glad I traded up now. The 3 guys I were hoping to get would have all been gone Andre Smith, Michael Oher, and Tyson Jackson. I would've been scrambling to trade down at the last minute. Nice pick chaz Jackson is actually a guy I would LOVE the Broncos to draft.

chaz
02-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Jackson will be solid at DE chaz. Good pick man.

Thanks I was really hoping for Cushing though!

ludo21
02-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks I was really hoping for Cushing though!

Cushing is one of the few guys I think is a true great first rounder with no real bust potential.

I almost took JAckson for the Aints but couldnt pull the trigger since he wasnt a number 1 priority at all.

SoDak Bronco
02-27-2009, 09:01 PM
If Nicademus picks soon, I'll be ready to go right away with my pick for DA Bears

socalorado
02-27-2009, 09:11 PM
If Nicademus picks soon, I'll be ready to go right away with my pick for DA Bears

Paging Mr dirty Sanchez.

SoDak Bronco
02-27-2009, 09:20 PM
10 minutes or I'm going to bed...

Arkie
02-27-2009, 09:24 PM
10 minutes or I'm going to bed...

party pooper

SoDak Bronco
02-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Well like 20 min ago I saw Nicdemus in the NFL draft fourm, and I figured he was doing his thing ready to post his pick..but now he is gone and no-pick. I can't wait all night, my 13 month old gets up to damn early.

socalorado
02-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Well like 20 min ago I saw Nicdemus in the NFL draft fourm, and I figured he was doing his thing ready to post his pick..but now he is gone and no-pick. I can't wait all night, my 13 month old gets up to damn early.

PM me your top 3 picks in order, and i will pick it for you if you want.
That way we keep it goin.

ludo21
02-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Harvin over Sanchez for the Jets?? Surprised me for sure.

Great pick from the Bears, Orton sucks and is not the future for sure.

Why Harvin there?

socalorado
02-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Harvin over Sanchez for the Jets?? Surprised me for sure.

Great pick from the Bears, Orton sucks and is not the future for sure.

Why Harvin there?

I nailed that pick! And right when he PMed me his picks too!
good pick!

SoDak Bronco
02-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Da Bears were freaking loving that Sanchez is stil on the board. They finally have a top flight QB the organization is hoping will pan out. He should be able to step in and be starting by mid-season. Thoughts? Steal of the draft i think :).

Rohirrim
02-28-2009, 08:17 AM
There are a lot of USC haters on this board, but I guarantee Sanchez will be a top tier QB in the NFL in a couple of years. This kind of pick would move the Bears into the territory where they beat Indy in a SB.

TheDave
02-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Well that trade today just made my pick worthless... ****

TheReverend
02-28-2009, 11:07 AM

You've got six more rounds to make similarly worthless

:notworthy

TheReverend
02-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Who wants to bet that I lose my mind and go for the quartet?

Maybin, Williams, Shipley, Sergeant?

eddie mac
02-28-2009, 12:03 PM

It could be worse. I could've ended up with your 2nd in this if JCM hadn't froze the picks.;)

TheReverend
02-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Someone PM'ed Brncs_fan, right?

gyldenlove
02-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Someone PM'ed Brncs_fan, right?

Yeah

brncs_fan
02-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Was out of town for my g-pa's b-day. Pick is in.

Discuss...

chaz
02-28-2009, 08:46 PM
i like alphonso a lot... earlier than most have him going but i have no problem with it. The only knock is size, which I think is over valued.

ludo21
02-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Smith was a good pick. I am leary of his height, but he is the 2nd best corner (Maybe best if Jenkins becomes a Safety...)

Mediator12
02-28-2009, 09:17 PM
i like alphonso a lot... earlier than most have him going but i have no problem with it. The only knock is size, which I think is over valued.

No, he also lacks pure speed and the height. Great instincts though, and that is why he would go there, because he is a solid football player.

Interesting that DET would go CB in the first too after trading for Anthony Henry today...

brncs_fan
02-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Smith is probably not going to be a #1 corner in this league. But he can step in this season and provide the Lions with a solid #3 or possibly #2 corner. This pick with the addition of Henry will help sure up a really vulnerable spot on their roster.

chaz
02-28-2009, 11:51 PM
No, he also lacks pure speed and the height. Great instincts though, and that is why he would go there, because he is a solid football player.

Interesting that DET would go CB in the first too after trading for Anthony Henry today...

I think he plays much faster than he timed as well.

TheReverend
03-01-2009, 08:55 AM
There has been a trade:

Eddie mac and the Patriots have traded #23, to the actual Super Bowl Champs, the Arizona Cardinals, for picks #31 and 128

Please update

TheReverend
03-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Now, I KNOW it's against the rules JCM, but can I PLEASE trade 23 for Cutler, seeing that's well above what the FO thinks he's worth?!

JCMElway
03-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Now, I KNOW it's against the rules JCM, but can I PLEASE trade 23 for Cutler, seeing that's well above what the FO thinks he's worth?!

LOL

I will make the change shortly, I lost the edit button again. Socal, please pick up a white courtesy phone.......

eddie mac
03-01-2009, 09:53 AM

In reality you cannot count what's happened thus far via FA and trades because I would then have 2-34 so technically the Lions dont have Henry.

TheReverend
03-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Rey's off the board now. Thumpc has been PM'd to let him know that he's on the clock.

Rohirrim
03-01-2009, 11:08 AM
I was trying to jump above Minnesota and get Eben. Oh well. Sometimes things don't go the way you want them to.

eddie mac
03-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Rey's off the board now. Thumpc has been PM'd to let him know that he's on the clock.

Bit high for a career 2 down LB.;D

TheReverend
03-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Bit high for a career 2 down LB.;D

Probably a dozen spots lower than he'll go. A 4.7 ILB that can lay the wood like that playing next to Dansby on the inside of a 3-4?

That's a wet dream.

My initial target was Peria Jerry for 5 tech DE or Laurinitis. This was just impossible to pass up.

socalorado
03-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Probably a dozen spots lower than he'll go. A 4.7 ILB that can lay the wood like that playing next to Dansby on the inside of a 3-4?

That's a wet dream.

My initial target was Peria Jerry for 5 tech DE or Laurinitis. This was just impossible to pass up.

nice

Mediator12
03-01-2009, 07:20 PM

That's a wet dream.

Dozen ??? Maybe if he runs 4.7 at his pro day.

As for me, I had confidence I might pick tonight before bed @ 27, but I am going to sleep. At this rate I 'll be picking WED. Night y'all.

TheReverend
03-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Dozen ??? Maybe if he runs 4.7 at his pro day.

As for me, I had confidence I might pick tonight before bed @ 27, but I am going to sleep. At this rate I 'll be picking WED. Night y'all.

He'll go top half. And 4.7's very realistic. That new stadium seemed to have a fairly dramatic effect on straight line speed.

Mediator12
03-01-2009, 07:32 PM
He'll go top half. And 4.7's very realistic. That new stadium seemed to have a fairly dramatic effect on straight line speed.

Not really. It's the exact same surface they ran on the last three years in INDY. The CB's were just slow and the RB's too. All other positions were average speeds.

TheReverend
03-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Not really. It's the exact same surface they ran on the last three years in INDY. The CB's were just slow and the RB's too. All other positions were average speeds.

We'll find out when Pro Days come in.

SouthStndJunkie
03-01-2009, 11:50 PM
I wish the Browns would have traded Winslow before this mock started....it would have been nice to have 2 second round picks to work with.

eddie mac
03-02-2009, 02:40 AM
I wish the Browns would have traded Winslow before this mock started....it would have been nice to have 2 second round picks to work with.

I'm bloody raging cos I should have 3.

JCMElway
03-02-2009, 10:50 AM
I have NFLBRONCO's pick if he's not around when Thump picks, or when it hits 10:18 cst.

I PMed thump too, and he looked to be online......

Ah well, well get back to our fast picking ways.

TheReverend
03-02-2009, 11:03 AM
I have NFLBRONCO's pick if he's not around when Thump picks, or when it hits 10:18 cst.

I PMed thump too, and he looked to be online......

Ah well, well get back to our fast picking ways.

On your last pick update, you still had eddie mac picking Rey at 23, instead of me. That's all I can see.

JCMElway
03-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey Rev, what additional pick did you get from Eddie Mac? I could have sworn that I changed it.....

eddie mac
03-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey Rev, what additional pick did you get from Eddie Mac? I could have sworn that I changed it.....

I moved back from 23 to 31 and got his late 4th.

TheReverend
03-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Eddie Mac is lying. He wanted to move down so he could pay less money to his pick, and he also surrendered both 2nd rounders.

:)

Mediator12
03-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Why hasn't NFLBRONCO selected since Thumpc's time expired several hours ago? This is getting absolutely out of hand. I have about six balls in the air right now and I keep checking in. This just goes to show you we should have done a single draft with everyone rquired to have a Co Manager in order to prevent missing deadlines and overly going slow.

Taco John
03-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I hate to say it, but you guys started this draft way too early. It's already out dated in terms of what teams need at this point (not that you don't already know).

I personally am doubting that things are going to work out with Jay, and the Broncos are going to need to trade him for a top pick in an attempt to get Stafford or Sanchez.

SouthStndJunkie
03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
I hate to say it, but you guys started this draft way too early. It's already out dated in terms of what teams need at this point (not that you don't already know).

I personally am doubting that things are going to work out with Jay, and the Broncos are going to need to trade him for a top pick in an attempt to get Stafford or Sanchez.

Cutler will be throwing darts for the donks in 2009....it will all smooth over.

(At least that is what I keep telling myself)

JCMElway
03-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Why hasn't NFLBRONCO selected since Thumpc's time expired several hours ago? This is getting absolutely out of hand. I have about six balls in the air right now and I keep checking in. This just goes to show you we should have done a single draft with everyone rquired to have a Co Manager in order to prevent missing deadlines and overly going slow.

We have a 24 hour clock in round one. Thump's time is not up until 11:18 PM cst.

Mediator12
03-02-2009, 02:39 PM
We have a 24 hour clock in round one. Thump's time is not up until 11:18 PM cst.

That would be a 36 Hour clock. Th pick was made at 12:59 PM Eastern yesterday. It was made when I came home from Church, not at one in the morning last night.

SoDak Bronco
03-02-2009, 03:29 PM
this does suck how slow things are moving

ludo21
03-02-2009, 03:58 PM
my next pick isnt until round 4 either... its going to be a looonnng wait.

chaz
03-02-2009, 06:22 PM
why is this taking so long?

gyldenlove
03-02-2009, 07:02 PM
This is getting stupid, where the hell is the contingency plan? Kick out whoever is dragging his feet and lets get this show on the road.

JCMElway
03-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Hey all,

In an effort to keep this thing moving, I jumped in for thump and will be running the Falcons. I'm gonna ask thump if he wants the Panthers, but if you know anyone who'd like to jump in the draft, let me know just in case he's not interested.

Rohirrim
03-03-2009, 09:32 AM
This thing seems to have died on the vine.

socalorado
03-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Damn! theres some recievers coming off the board! didint see that happening!

Northman
03-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Yea, i had to go with Britt. Nicks was my first choice so i had no alternative there as i need a top tier wideout for Flacco.

eddie mac
03-03-2009, 11:22 AM
This mock needs a good run of fast picks to get it going again.

brncs_fan
03-03-2009, 11:24 AM
I got 3 guys ready so when my time comes I can get a pick in and keep moving.

Seriously guys, throw a board together real quick. Get an idea of need and who will be available at your pick and throw together 3 or 4 different options.

Northman
03-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Im sure it doesnt help that the server keeps going down either. I wasnt even able to access this board until a couple of hours ago.

brncs_fan
03-03-2009, 11:32 AM
That too.

Broncoman13
03-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Same thing is happening to Mediator12. He called this morning to ask if I was able to get on. He said he has his pick ready and to go ahead and make it for him. He is selecting Graham Harrell, QB Texas Tech. He will then look to trade Peyton Manning for additional picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

;D

He'll be on shortly to make his real pick. I will PM my pick to somebody in case I can't get on later...

SoDak Bronco
03-03-2009, 11:40 AM
i thought the Broncos wanted to trade up for Harrell?

ludo21
03-03-2009, 12:23 PM
ya the Cutler problem seems to be flooding these boards. Wrong timing since were in this draft.

Britt in the first round is surprising to me.... But I think he will be a good player.

Mediator12
03-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I have two trade offers that were here when I got on to pick. I'll make a decision quickly say 20 minutes or so or select.

Mediator12
03-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Colts are thrilled to get Matthews. He was a Colts filter player and his versatility to play OLB/DE in nickle situations, while being a fast larger statured LB was just too much to pass on.

socalorado
03-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Colts are thrilled to get Matthews. He was a Colts filter player and his versatility to play OLB/DE in nickle situations, while being a fast larger statured LB was just too much to pass on.

YEah......and he went to USC! :wiggle:

Rohirrim
03-03-2009, 02:06 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Matthews have the best career in the NFL out of all the USC LBs.

Mediator12
03-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Matthews have the best career in the NFL out of all the USC LBs.

Me neither ;D I was not about to bring him into the discussion before selecting him, But I am very excited to see him play. He is just the type of player INDY would select around there and the type of player I like. Has a tremendous amount of upside, Works hard with a chip on his shoulder, and really executes in pass rush, run stopping, and coverage. I think he is the player with the highest ceiling of the bunch, plus he has a solid floor. Also, this guy WILL be an everydown LB or DE in the nickle.

socalorado
03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Me neither ;D I was not about to bring him into the discussion before selecting him, But I am very excited to see him play. He is just the type of player INDY would select around there and the type of player I like. Has a tremendous amount of upside, Works hard with a chip on his shoulder, and really executes in pass rush, run stopping, and coverage. I think he is the player with the highest ceiling of the bunch, plus he has a solid floor. Also, this guy WILL be an everydown LB or DE in the nickle.

I also agree and would just LOVE it if Matthews was there at #48. Depending of course on #12.

TheReverend
03-03-2009, 04:30 PM

I was SURE you were taking Hood.

ludo21
03-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Great pick Med, Matthews is going to be good.

Carmelo15
03-03-2009, 05:44 PM
great pick pick azbroncofan, Vontae Davis is a straight up steal at 28!

SouthStndJunkie
03-03-2009, 06:11 PM
great pick pick azbroncofan, Vontae Davis is a straight up steal at 28!

I agree....he is going to be a stud.

I was starting to wonder if Davis might somehow fall to my pick with the Browns at 36.

Broncoman13
03-03-2009, 07:40 PM
I am currently discussing a trade down... If I don't hear anything back in the next hour or so I will make my pick. I'm ready, just want some picks if possible b/c I think my guy will be there a little bit later.

brncs_fan
03-03-2009, 08:13 PM
I am currently discussing a trade down... If I don't hear anything back in the next hour or so I will make my pick. I'm ready, just want some picks if possible b/c I think my guy will be there a little bit later.

Check your pm's. :)

Broncoman13
03-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Okay, I just forwarded back to you and to JCMElway. If everything is good to go, b_fan should be on the clock!

brncs_fan
03-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Quite the first round.

Pick is in.

ludo21
03-03-2009, 09:19 PM
interesting....

I think Laurinits might have made it 33.... Good player tho, will be solid LB for many years.

brncs_fan
03-03-2009, 09:22 PM
I was worried about someone coming in over the top and getting him. I was more than happy to make the jump to get in position.

Broncoman13
03-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Didn't cost any picks either just position

ludo21
03-03-2009, 09:47 PM
The run on WR's pushed him down a bit. But you are right he most likely wouldnt have lasted to 33.

Your doing a much better job than Millen has ever done with the Lions. ;D

Broncoman13
03-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I think it was good

Northman
03-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Baltimore is entertaining offers to move up in the 2nd round. PM me with some offers.

ludo21
03-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Damn the Saints and trading all their draft picks!!

I hate this crap Ha!

SouthStndJunkie
03-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Will somebody please make a pick.....

SoDak Bronco
03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
lol--another day is passing and still no pick...I PM'd STUNO or whatever his name is, hopefully once he is off the bus he can log in and make his pick.

Broncoman13
03-04-2009, 05:33 PM
STUNOdaKing has 5 freaking posts. FIVE and has been a member for a short time (couple of months). WTF??? How does somebody that has 5 posts in two months get in on the OM Mockdraft? BORN ON DATES!!! Somebody draft for him already... F the 24 hours, he has 5 posts in 60 days. He was here yesterday which means it will be St. Patty's day before he comes back. FLIPPIN PICK ALREADY!

eddie mac
03-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Is his time up yet cos I'm picking.

Rohirrim
03-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Next year we have to sign only those who are committed to this. We'll have to devise a pledge or something. If you blow it, you're not invited back. Take down some names.

Broncoman13
03-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Bullsh!t, next year we go by born on dates.

brncs_fan
03-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Born on dates or those that have proven that they are serious to doing this thing.

<------- Proven :thumbsup:

TheDave
03-04-2009, 07:24 PM
So is this thing happening or what?

SoDak Bronco
03-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Go ahead and pick it has been more then 24 hrs

SoDak Bronco
03-04-2009, 07:37 PM
29 1-29 Lions -- brncs fan-- James Lauriniatis, LB, OSU
30 1-30 Titans - Stunodaking -- On the clock
31 1-31 Patriots - Eddie Mac --ON THE CLOCK...
32 1-32 Steelers - Expatfan

DBroncos4life
03-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Bullsh!t, next year we go by born on dates.

post count, born on dates and maybe giving love to the people that have drafted every year.

brncs_fan
03-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Honestly, I saw this happening when a bunch of people with >500 posts started volunteering for the mock draft while seasoned posters who have participated in the past were left out. That is how we ended up with two mock drafts instead of the usual one.

At the risk of sounding elitist and being bossy I didn't say anything but I seriously wondered how these people would perform when the time came.

Hopefully as the ones causing the problems are kicked out we can fill the spots with people who are going to take this seriously and get it going again because I am having a blast with it this year.

JCMElway
03-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Honestly, I saw this happening when a bunch of people with >500 posts started volunteering for the mock draft while seasoned posters who have participated in the past were left out. That is how we ended up with two mock drafts instead of the usual one.

At the risk of sounding elitist and being bossy I didn't say anything but I seriously wondered how these people would perform when the time came.

Hopefully as the ones causing the problems are kicked out we can fill the spots with people who are going to take this seriously and get it going again because I am having a blast with it this year.

Most of them have performed well. Stuno is the only guy that hasn't shown up. That's why next year we'll have a vets draft and a newb draft.

chaz
03-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Most of them have performed well. Stuno is the only guy that hasn't shown up. That's why next year we'll have a vets draft and a newb draft.

Why does he get 12 more picks before he is replaced?! That is way too long....

JCMElway
03-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Why does he get 12 more picks before he is replaced?! That is way too long....

Well, in the 2nd round we go to a 12 hour clock, so it'll go a bit faster. And I know Schism's PC went down and that's why he was late in the other draft, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't that, either.

SouthStndJunkie
03-05-2009, 12:52 AM
It has been almost 30 hours since a pick has been made.

PM your picks to someone if you don't think you will be online for a while.

I am not blaming you at all, JCM....I know you are doing everything you can do.