PDA

View Full Version : OM 2009 Mock Draft I Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Mediator12
04-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Northman, Isn't MIA and NFLBRONCO still on the clock ??? I am up after you, but the Draft board says NFLBRONCO selects before you and his time does not run out until 4 pm Eastern by my clock.

OK, I am confused ;D

JCMElway
04-04-2009, 10:38 AM
NFLBRONC is on the clock. My mistake, guys.

Mediator12
04-04-2009, 10:47 AM
NFLBRONC is on the clock. My mistake, guys.

Now you know why we always keep you on the periphery in Survivor. It's the little mistakes that kill you :rofl:

JCMElway
04-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Now you know why we always keep you on the periphery in Survivor. It's the little mistakes that kill you :rofl:

Says the guy who was blasted out about halfway into the game. But I couldn't really see what you typed because I have my SURVIVOR FREAKING CHAMPION sunglasses on.

Northman
04-04-2009, 10:58 AM
And now i gave away who i picked. Wonderful.

JCMElway
04-04-2009, 11:00 AM
And now i gave away who i picked. Wonderful.

I don't think that NFLBRONC has any intention of taking a kicker. Dan Carpenter was really solid in his first year at Miami. You'll get your guy, I'm pretty sure.

DBroncos4life
04-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Packers draft so far:
1) Evertte Brown DE
2) Jared Cook TE
3A) Andy Levitre OG
3B) Chris Baker
4) Dominque Johnson CB
5) Lydon Murtha OT

I feel like I reached on Cook but his speed. I feel that Dominque Johnson could be my best pick overall.

Mediator12
04-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I am absolutely Stunned Mohammed Massaquoi was still on the board. Guy is an early third rounder at worst in my book, but I filled the need for WR/TE in round 2. However, there is no way you pass up a top 100 player at 165 at a position that needs restocked. This was a BPA at a position of need pick.

Colts Draft so far:

1. Clay Matthews OLB USC
2. James Casey WR/TE Rice
3. Dorell Scott DT Clemson
4. Sherrod Martin CB/S Troy
4Comp. Jason Williams OLB Western Illinois
5. Mohammed Massaquoi WR Georgia

The great thing about this draft so far, is everyone plays ST's as well. Big Bonus.

BowlenBall
04-04-2009, 08:45 PM
I am absolutely Stunned Mohammed Massaquoi was still on the board. Guy is an early third rounder at worst in my book, but I filled the need for WR/TE in round 2. However, there is no way you pass up a top 100 player at 165 at a position that needs restocked. This was a BPA at a position of need pick.

Colts Draft so far:

1. Clay Matthews OLB USC
2. James Casey WR/TE Rice
4Comp. Jason Williams OLB Western Illinois
5. Mohammed Massaquoi WR Georgia

The great thing about this draft so far, is everyone plays ST's as well. Big Bonus.

Yeah... I was considering drafting him both at the end of the 3rd and end of the 4th round, but there were a couple guys I liked slightly better. Great pick there, congratulations.

ludo21
04-04-2009, 09:22 PM
The Saints are having a good draft so far, even though picks are scarce.

1 (14) - Brian Cushing - still solid pick even though steroid rumors rampant.
4 (112) - Kevin Barnes CB Maryland

BobHorry5
04-04-2009, 11:33 PM
not only is does joel bell share my bday (often gr8 people are born on the same day) not only was he the fastest tackle in the draft, he went to the power house football school furman and was an all confrence discuss thrower if that does not spell championship nothing does

JCMElway
04-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Great jobs getting the picks in. 6th round here we come!

Mediator12
04-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Eddie Mac, I am sorry but nickademus took Mitch King back in the fourth round around pick 114 I think. You need to select again, and JCM needs to update the alpha list. That was another late selection, but he was not on the players selected list Sorry, eddiemac!

JCMElway
04-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey all,

I'm sorry that I've missed a few guys on the alpha list. I honestly don't know how I'm missing them. I'll redouble my efforts to get every player drafted on the alpha list from now on.

Thanks for your patience....

JCM

eddie mac
04-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Not a problem. I overlooked an OL prospect I wanted anyway so Tyronne Green's a Patriot.

Mediator12
04-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Hey all,

I'm sorry that I've missed a few guys on the alpha list. I honestly don't know how I'm missing them. I'll redouble my efforts to get every player drafted on the alpha list from now on.

Thanks for your patience....

JCM

I think the few you have missed were selections people made AFTER their time was up and you just filled them in several selections later on the board. It happens, but I keep a tight Board and when he picked Mitch King I knew he was already gone....

brncs_fan
04-06-2009, 12:57 PM
I missed Courtney Greene by 1 minute. Argh!

Here is the Lionís draft (flame away):

1a. Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
1b. Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest
1c. James Laurinitas, ILB, Ohio St.
3a. Alex Magee, DT, Purdue
3b. Trevor Canfield, OG, Cincy
5. Jonathan Casiillas, OLB, Wisconsin
6. Terrance Knighton, DT, Temple

azbroncfan
04-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Chris Wells RB OSU
VOntae Davis CB Illinois
Louis Delamas S
CHase Coffman TE Mizzou
Xavier Fulton OT Illinois
Brandon Williams DE Texas Tech
TJ Lang OL Eastern Michigan

I think the Eagles have had a very solid draft so far filling some needs and depth.

Mediator12
04-06-2009, 01:44 PM
I missed Courtney Greene by 1 minute. Argh!

Here is the Lionís draft (flame away):

1a. Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
1b. Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest
1c. James Laurinitas, ILB, Ohio St.
3a. Alex Magee, DT, Purdue
3b. Trevor Canfield, OG, Cincy
5. Jonathan Casiillas, OLB, Wisconsin
6. Darcel McBath, S, Texas Tech

Man, this just goes to show you what happens when people miss their regularly scheduled picks. McBath was picked by nickademus @ 111 in the fourth round but was also Not on the Alpha list because of it.

SO, DARCEL MCBATH and MITCH KING have already been drafted!!!!

Sorry ya'll ;D

brncs_fan
04-06-2009, 10:01 PM
I was so excited to get on and see that Courtney Green had made it to my pick. Then as I got him entered in, the person who had missed his pick beat me to him by 1 minute. I submitted my post and there he was...gone.

JCMElway
04-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Funny. I hadn't even updated Brncs Fan's pick when I selected Terrance Knighton for the Broncos in Mock Draft II. Guess there was a Knighton vibe in the air.

SouthStndJunkie
04-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Cleveland Browns draft through Round 6:

1-7 (traded down to 7) Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
2-36 LeSean McCoy, RB, Pitt
No 3rd round pick
4-100 Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon State
4-104 Frantz Joseph, ILB, Florida Atlantic
No 5th round pick
6-164 A.Q. Shipley, C, Penn State

TheReverend
04-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Cleveland Browns draft through Round 6:

1-7 (traded down to 7) Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
2-36 LeSean McCoy, RB, Pitt
No 3rd round pick
4-100 Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon State
4-104 Frantz Joseph, ILB, Florida Atlantic
No 5th round pick
6-164 A.Q. Shipley, C, Penn State

Son of a bitch. I've been planning on taking shipley in the fifth this entire draft, and the other day I was hammered, got a bunch of PMs saying I was on the clock for both drafts, and wouldn't ya know my drunk ass forgot.

Don't drink and draft, fellas.

SouthStndJunkie
04-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Son of a b****. I've been planning on taking shipley in the fifth this entire draft, and the other day I was hammered, got a bunch of PMs saying I was on the clock for both drafts, and wouldn't ya know my drunk ass forgot.

Don't drink and draft, fellas.

I had my fingers crossed the last 15 or 20 picks hoping he would make it to the 6th round.

TheReverend
04-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I had my fingers crossed the last 15 or 20 picks hoping he would make it to the 6th round.

Well, my friend, you owe Jack Daniels one good football player.

SouthStndJunkie
04-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Great pick of Mike Wallace.

Very underrated WR.

Super fast.

I took Shipley a few picks back, but Mike Wallace was a close second choice.

JCMElway
04-09-2009, 03:24 PM
A trade just went down between Expat and magichef.

Hey MagicHef,

Interested in my 6th round pick (192 overall) and first 7th round pick (210 overall) for your next 6th round pick (173 overall)?

SouthStndJunkie
04-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Good value pick of Donald Washington by Pittsburgh....I did not realize he had not been drafted yet.

BowlenBall
04-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Good value pick of Donald Washington by Pittsburgh....I did not realize he had not been drafted yet.

Thanks -- I had to burn a 7th round pick to trade up and get him, but I think he's got as much upside as anyone in the draft.

Washington had a 45 inch vertical at the combine -- that's just freaky. (oh, he's also a junior who started 32 games at Ohio State, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.)

BowlenBall
04-10-2009, 10:23 AM
For the love of God -- has DB4Life just missed his pick yet again???!!!???

Come on people, is it really so hard to check in every once in a while? (if your answer to that question is yes, please don't do the friggin' mock draft next year)

Mediator12
04-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Washington is from Indy and he is a real headscratcher. One of the best pure athletes in the draft for sure, but struggles to put it onto the field somedays despite that. He will drop on a lot of draft boards because of his earlier suspension last season and demotion, but he has talent to be a #2 CB in this league. He was definitely the highest value pick left on my board...

JCMElway
04-10-2009, 11:54 AM
For the love of God -- has DB4Life just missed his pick yet again???!!!???

Come on people, is it really so hard to check in every once in a while? (if your answer to that question is yes, please don't do the friggin' mock draft next year)

And the odd thing is that he posted some weird comment in the draft selection thread. I think it might have been drunk posting.

Anywho, I've given him 24 hours to make his selection......

JCMElway
04-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Hey,

DB4L tried to get his pick in, but SL Hill has already been selected. But, he did try. I extended a deadline for him to pick by Noon on Monday. It's a holiday weekend, so I pushed things back a smidge.

If he does not get two valid selections in by Monday Noon, Lycan will take over drafting for the Packers.

SouthStndJunkie
04-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Come on folks....let's finish the draft out strong.

No limping to the finish line.

JCMElway
04-12-2009, 04:29 PM
**ANNOUNCEMENT**

To make sure we finish the draft and have a little time left over for the free agency period, we will go to a 6 hour time clock in the 7th round.

I know that may put someone in a bind if a choice is made at midnight. If you want to snag a 7th round gem, please PM me a priority list for who you would like to draft. I will not open the PM unless I see that you are up and have not made your selection. You may also PM your list to Eddie Mac as he's in Ireland and awake a bit later (or earlier) than we are.

I will check the draft when I wake up and before I go to bed to make sure I get all selections in.

OK, let's finish this thing up strong!

Chaz, where you at??

SoDak Bronco
04-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Just got back in town..my 2 picks are coming up.

chaz
04-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Sorry my pick was late...was out of town in the cornfields of iowa. I really like Anthony Hill as a poor man's Daniel Graham (or maybe even a rich man's Chad Mustard!) though:

Official Bio

Strengths:
Outstanding size and bulk...Has a huge frame with long arms...Tough and physical...Excellent strength...An outstanding blocker...Stout at the point and gets a good push...Soft, reliable hands...Can be a threat in the redzone...Works well in traffic and can take a hit...Understands how to get open...May offer some versatility...Has a lot of experience.

Weaknesses:
Does not have great speed or quickness...Average athleticism...Not a big play threat and won't stretch the field...Does not get much separation...Won't do much after the catch...Will have the occasional lapse in concentration...Durability may be an issue...Upside is limited.

Notes:
Was a three-year starter in the ACC...Attended Hargrave Military Academy prep school for a year after high school before joining the Wolfpack...Would have been a part of the 2008 NFL Draft but redshirted after tearing the ACL in his left knee...Bulking up and moving to offensive tackle may be a legitimate possibility...Not flashy and is definitely a better blocker than receiver but is sneakily effective and has proven to be a dependable threat in the short to intermediate range...Underrated prospect who is never going to be a superstar but is absolutely capable of making a roster and contributing as a backup.

JCMElway
04-13-2009, 11:52 PM
The Falcons needed some O line help and I thought that if Feinga was good enough for the Broncs in the 5th, why not the falcs in the 6th?

Mediator12
04-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Alright Now we are rolling! Let's get to round seven and finish this bad boy.

Mediator12
04-14-2009, 03:53 PM
OK, I talked to Oskie and he is in Florida and not available to pick right now. So, I talked to him about who was left and he asked me to select for him. That way we can keep this bad boy moving. Nice pick I talked him inot If I do say so myself.

Jarius Wynn is a swing player for Georgia who is just coming into his own as a DL. He is a devlepmental DL the Giants can Afford to work with due to their depth at the position.

azbroncfan
04-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Eagles draft is complete. Here it is what do you guys think? I probably should of got a better OT position in the first but didn't feel like reaching when RB and CB were big needs also. The FA signing of Andrews also helped out. I think I got a steal in the 2nd and 3rd rounds at S and TE two areas of need. I replenished the lines with some projects late in the draft just like Andy Ried likes to do. I didn't take a WR as I think philly could sign a bandaid vet WR in Holt, Harrison, or trade for one before the draft with the extra picks they have.

1st Chris Wells RB OSU
1st Vontae Davis CB Illinois
2nd Louis Delamas S
3rd Chase Coffman TE Mizzou
4th Xavier Fulton OT Illinois
5th Brandon Williams DE Texas Tech
5th TJ Lang OL Eastern Michigan
6th Clinton McDonald DT Memphis
6th Willie VanDeSteeg DE Minnesota

socalorado
04-16-2009, 11:37 AM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/56/568560.jpg
"DAMN, This chainz's heavy!"

Mediator12
04-16-2009, 09:46 PM
The Buffalo Bills select:

Michael Ray Garvin, CB, Florida State

Height: 5-1 | Weight: 174 | 40-Time: 4.24

I would just like to congratulate MagicHef for drafting the first 5'1 Cb with 4.2 speed in NFL history ;D

Seriously, though Michael Ray is almost 5'8 but he plays like he is 5'1. He and Tony Carter made Watching FSU really hard this year along with the Whole FSU team. Only Clemson was harder to watch IMHO this year. Freakin selfish slackers **Rant Over**

SouthStndJunkie
04-17-2009, 09:15 AM
If this draft does not start moving faster, we won't finish up before the draft.

When you sign up for mocks, you have an obligation to finish them and in a timely fashion.

I don't care how busy you are....you can PM your pick lists to keep things moving.

SouthStndJunkie
04-17-2009, 09:18 AM
We started this mock draft back in February....it is now the middle of April.

JCM....I don't blame you at all....or 70% of the participants who are keeping up with things.

brncs_fan
04-17-2009, 12:59 PM
I think the comp picks slowed things down a little bit too.

I agree with SSJ though that a lot of people have slacked on getting their picks in (myself included on a couple of occasions being in both mocks). I know I try to check in about 4 times a day or so when I know that my pick is coming up.

Mediator12
04-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Wow, I was hoping to help run the UDFA part of this gig, but since round seven may not finish before WED I seriously doubt we finish the real draft let alone UDFA.

JCMElway
04-18-2009, 12:47 AM
I know. We've lagged a bit this year, and we added comp picks this year as well. I think next year we start a week or two earlier, or axe the comp picks. I don't know the answer.

JCMElway
04-18-2009, 12:50 AM
Hey all, I'm going to be working a lot of hours over the next week and won't be able to PM everyone as often as I'd like. I'd like to ask a couple of favors.

1. Please check the draft as often as you can to get your picks in. If you're on and see that you're coming up soon please PM me or Eddie Mac, or Socalorado a priority list.

2. If you're on and noticed someone has picked, please PM the next guy. Thanks, let's get this done!

JCM

JCMElway
04-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Wow, is this thing dying down the stretch. OK, I'm starting my own Mock Stimulus plan.

1. For the rest of round 7, There will be two drafters on the clock at the same time.

2. If someone misses a pick and 4 drafters select after that pick, that selection will then become a community pick. Community picks will be discussed in the discussion thread and I will post the consensus.

3. On Wednesday at 8:00 PM, we will put every drafter on the clock. Get your picks in as soon as you can, first come first serve. I will update as fast as possible. Please check the previous picks so we do not have double selections.

Oh, BTW, we will be doing a Free agent period. Expat, will you please post details? The free agency period will start on Thursday at 8:00 PM CST, and bidding will be concluded at midnight on Friday.

JCMElway
04-20-2009, 07:53 PM
**COMMUNITY SELECTION**

We need to make two 7th round selections for Tampa Bay. What are your suggestions?

Mediator12
04-20-2009, 10:38 PM
TB's draft so far:

1. Knowshon RB
2. Darius Butler CB UCONN
3. Tyrone McKenzie OLB USF
4. Michael Bennett DE TEX A&M
5. Corvey Irvin DT Georgia

TB needs a WR and a QB, but in the seventh? This one is tough, not a lot of quality left there. Be back in a minute with my thoughts...

Mediator12
04-20-2009, 10:43 PM
I think they need to take kickers, its the seventh round, and they did not pick. Screw 'em ;D

1. Colt David PK LSU

AND

2. Britton Colquitt P TEN

JCMElway
04-20-2009, 10:44 PM
OK, there's one take. Any others?

BowlenBall
04-21-2009, 06:13 AM
Wow, is this thing dying down the stretch. OK, I'm starting my own Mock Stimulus plan.

1. For the rest of round 7, There will be two drafters on the clock at the same time.

2. If someone misses a pick and 4 drafters select after that pick, that selection will then become a community pick. Community picks will be discussed in the discussion thread and I will post the consensus.

3. On Wednesday at 8:00 PM, we will put every drafter on the clock. Get your picks in as soon as you can, first come first serve. I will update as fast as possible. Please check the previous picks so we do not have double selections.

Oh, BTW, we will be doing a Free agent period. Expat, will you please post details? The free agency period will start on Thursday at 8:00 PM CST, and bidding will be concluded at midnight on Friday.

I'll create a new thread for the UDFA round, check for details there....

brncs_fan
04-21-2009, 07:05 AM
I think they need to take kickers, its the seventh round, and they did not pick. Screw 'em ;D

1. Colt David PK LSU

AND

2. Britton Colquitt P TEN

:thumbsup:

Mediator12
04-21-2009, 07:23 PM

Update on the new draft scenario, for those still playing..... :thumbsup:

JCMElway
04-22-2009, 12:00 AM
**COMMUNITY SELECTION NEEDED**

Who do the Packers take in the 7th?

BowlenBall
04-22-2009, 12:39 AM
**COMMUNITY SELECTION NEEDED**

Who do the Packers take in the 7th?

Packers team needs:
1. Outside Linebacker: We will see how Aaron Kampman handles the big transition from defensive end to outside linebacker but even if it works out they'll still have to add another pass rusher.
2. Defensive End: Cullen Jenkins is coming off an injury, Johnny Jolly is facing jail time and former first rounder Justin Harrell looks more like an injury-prone bust than a starter you can count on.
3. Offensive Tackle: Right tackle Mark Tauscher is a free agent and probably won't be back next season. Left tackle Chad Clifton will be 33-years-old and hasn't exactly been the picture of health.

Packers draft:
1. DE Everette Brown, Florida State
2. TE Jared Cook, South Carolina
3. G Andy Levitre, Oregon State
3b. DT Chris Baker, Hampton
4. CB Dominique Johnson, Jackson State
5. OT Lydon Murtha, Nebraska
6. LB Glen Cody, Nebraska
6b. LB Jamar Chaney, Mississippi State
7. ???

Hmmm.... they seem to have drafted at least 1 player for each of their needs, so it looks like Best Player Available at this point.... on ESPN's big board, that's RB Glen Coffee, Alabama.

brncs_fan
04-22-2009, 07:12 AM
RB Glen Coffee, Alabama.

Sold!

Mediator12
04-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Packers team needs:
1. Outside Linebacker: We will see how Aaron Kampman handles the big transition from defensive end to outside linebacker but even if it works out they'll still have to add another pass rusher.
2. Defensive End: Cullen Jenkins is coming off an injury, Johnny Jolly is facing jail time and former first rounder Justin Harrell looks more like an injury-prone bust than a starter you can count on.
3. Offensive Tackle: Right tackle Mark Tauscher is a free agent and probably won't be back next season. Left tackle Chad Clifton will be 33-years-old and hasn't exactly been the picture of health.

Packers draft:
1. DE Everette Brown, Florida State
2. TE Jared Cook, South Carolina
3. G Andy Levitre, Oregon State
3b. DT Chris Baker, Hampton
4. CB Dominique Johnson, Jackson State
5. OT Lydon Murtha, Nebraska
6. LB Glen Cody, Nebraska
6b. LB Jamar Chaney, Mississippi State
7. ???

Hmmm.... they seem to have drafted at least 1 player for each of their needs, so it looks like Best Player Available at this point.... on ESPN's big board, that's RB Glen Coffee, Alabama.

No, no, no! He does not get BPA for not picking. He gets a Reach around. Who is the 4th or 5th best Long snapper on the board ;D

BowlenBall
04-22-2009, 11:18 AM
No, no, no! He does not get BPA for not picking. He gets a Reach around. Who is the 4th or 5th best Long snapper on the board

:rofl:

"I'll bet you're the kinda guy that would **** a person in the *** and not even have the god**** common courtesy to give him a reach-around."

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/moncinema/siroka/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/full-metal-jacket-ermey.jpg

Mediator12
04-22-2009, 12:08 PM
:rofl:

"I'll bet you're the kinda guy that would **** a person in the *** and not even have the god**** common courtesy to give him a reach-around."

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/moncinema/siroka/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/full-metal-jacket-ermey.jpg

Absolutely LOVE that movie for so many reasons. Glad to see you get the reference ;D Dude, he gets the common courtesy reach around, not BPA. EVER. Period. End of story ROFL!

Mediator12
04-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Colts Draft is finished:

1. Clay Matthews OLB/DE USC
2. James Casey WR/TE/H-Back Rice
4b. Jason Williams OLB Western Illinois
5. Mohamed Massaquoi WR Georgia
6. Bradley Fletcher CB/S Iowa
7. John Gill DT Northwestern

I feel very happy about the value of a lot of picks and I feel they had a solid plan to address needs as well. Colts top team Needs Were: DT, WR, LB, OT, and CB. Got everything but the OT, but they were severely overdrafted in some cases and no value picks became available.

Martin, Massaquoi, and Fletcher fell in my lap and I would be shocked if they were not taken a full 2 rounds higher than where they were selected. Martin and Fletcher are both big Physical players who can play Press man and zone coverages. Also, both can kick to FS when Bob Sanders gets hurt (which is often).

Massaquoi struggled a little earlier in his career with consistency catching the ball, but he has gotten better each year and was very good his senior year. He is not fast, but he is very precise in his routes which is a must in the Colts timing offense. Also, he got better every game he played in college. That is a major accomplishment for a WR. I think he will complement Wayne and Gonzalez very well.

Gill and Scott are bigger DT's that really fit what Coyer would want the new DT's in the Colts scheme to do. Play the run and then destroy the pocket to get the QB to see the edge rushers in Freeney, Mathis, and Howard.

James Casey was a BPA pick. I think there is very little risk in picking him with his versatility. He can even be an Emergency QB. However, I really see matchup problems playing Dallas Clark inline and Casey in the Slot with their offense. Jim Caldwell will bring more diversity to their Running game that struggled with OL injuries to run the ball last year.

Clay Matthews was also a BPA pick. Most people think he will just be a 3-4 OLB, But he can play in any scheme. He played 3 positions at USC, but only Started @ ROLB or Standup DE. What makes him unique is his pass rush skillset is very mature for a 11 game starter in college. Also, he is the most instinctive and fluid of all the USC LB's in coverage. Basically, the kid is a quick learner and overachiever who is just peaking as he hits the NFL.

Jason Williams is my sole risk/reward pick as his measurables are extraordinary. However, he had a lot of production to go with those physical traits. He moved between all 3 LB positions in WIU's 3-3 scheme and is adept at blitzing, run stuffing, and coverage. In 3 years starting at LB he was among the nations tops in FF's and TFL's. His senior year, he had 6 FF's, 17 TFL's, and 4 sacks. He is tied for the NCAA career record for FF's with 14. The only knock on him is the level of competition, but he truly dominated them like a man among boys.

JCMElway
04-22-2009, 09:29 PM
OK, the board is open. Everyone make the rest of their selections en masse!

BowlenBall
04-24-2009, 02:47 AM
As previously announced, the regular portion of the draft was concluded on Thursday at 8:00 p.m., CST. Therefore, the following picks have been voided:

7-27 New York Giants
Comp 7E Chicago
Comp 7G Chicago
Comp 7J Detroit
Comp 7K Detroit
Comp 7L Kansas City

You now have until Friday at 11:59 p.m. CST to bid on undrafted free agents -- please see the OM Mock Draft I UDFA thread for details.

SoDak Bronco
04-24-2009, 11:11 AM
SoDak Bronco and the Bears are finished drafting...
1-18 Bears - Sodak -- Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
2-17 Bears - Sodak - Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
3-20 Bears - Sodak - Louis Murphy, WR, Florida
4-19 Bears - Sodak - Tony Kropog, OT, Tulane
4A - Bears - Sodak -- Javon Ringer, RB, Michigan State
5-18 Bears - Sodak - Derek Pegues, S, Miss. St
6-18 Bears - Sodak - Quinten Lawrence, WR, McNeese St
6-19 Bears (Buccs) - Ryan Purvis, TE, Boston College
7-17 Bears -- Brigham Harwell, DT, UCLA
7-COMP Sammie Stroughter-WR
7-COMP Antonio Appleby-LB

BowlenBall
04-25-2009, 08:48 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers are also finished drafting.

The strategy this year was to always go for best player available, regardless of need, and to take full advantage of the undrafted free agent round, in hopes of finding a few diamonds in the rough (hey, when you're picking last every round, you've got to maximize your chances of finding players who will make the roster).

1-32 DE Aaron Maybin, Penn State (Soph.)
2-64 CB Jarius Byrd, Oregon (Jr.)
3-96 CB Coye Francies, San Jose State
3-98 OT Gerald Cadogan, Penn State
4-132 WR Austin Collie, BYU
5-170 DE David Veikune, Hawaii
6-187 CB Donald Washington, Ohio State
7-243 OT Alex Boone, Ohio State

Steelers Undrafted Free Agents:
1. QB Jason Boltus, Hartwick
2. FB Conredge Collins, Pittsburgh
3. OG Andrew Hartline, Central Michigan
4. OG Greg Isdaner, West Virginia
5. RB Ian Johnson, Boise State
6. FG Jarvorski Lane, Texas A&M
7. RB Marlin Lucky, Nebraska
8. LB Kaluka Maiava, USC
9. RB Walter Mendenhall, Illinois State
10. CB Ryan Mouton, Hawaii
11. OC Cecil Newton, Tennessee State
12. RB Tyler Roehl, North Dakota State
13. OC Blake Schlueter, TCU
14. RB Bernard Scott, Abilene Christian
15. LB Michael Tauiliili, Duke
16. LB Willie Williams, Union College

Obviously, this rookie class is waaaay too big. However if I can come away with 10 quality players out of the above 24, then we'll probably be on our way to a second consecutive Lombardi trophy....

ludo21
04-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Saints didnt have much to work with, but I think their needs were met and will like all their picks.

1 - Brian Cushing, LB USC
4 - Kevin Barnes, CB Marylan
7 - PJ Hill, RB Wisconsin

UDFA - Marlon Favorite, DT LSU
UDFA - Keegan Herring, RB ASU