PDA

View Full Version : Mock v5.0 (Final)

Northman
02-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Alright, this is my final Mock of the new season. Going by who was taken before Denver's picks and who was available afterwards this is what i came up with. I also added in Free Agents that i think could help the team in the long run. Although i thought of trying to fit in a premier RB i think the addition of Ward and Peerman in the draft to go along with the guys we have can make it work depending on McD's offensive scheme.

FA Signings:

Bryant McFadden CB
Chris Canty DE
Derrick Ward RB
Channing Crowder LB

Draft:

Round 1: Rey Maualuga LB (USC)
Round 2: Rashard Johnson S (Alabama)
Round 3: Terrence Taylor NT (Michigan)
Round 4: Shawn Nelson TE (Southern Miss)
Round 5: Mike Wallace WR (Ole Miss)
Round 5: Cedric Peerman RB (Virginia)
Round 6: Lawrence Sidbury DE (Richmond)
Round 7: Michael Tauiliili LB (Duke)
Round 7: Stephen Hodge S (TCU)

Here is how the team would round out:

OFFENSE:

QB- Jay Cutler
FB- Peyton Hillis
RB- Derrick Ward/Tatum Bell/Cedric Peerman/Selvin Young
WR- Brandon Marshall/Eddie Royal/Mike Wallace
TE- Tony Sheffler/Daniel Graham/Shawn Nelson
OL- The Usual Suspects

DEFENSE:

NT- Terrence Taylor
DE- Chris Canty
DE- Lawrence Sidbury
LB- DJ Williams
LB- Channing Crowder
LB- Rey Maualuga
LB- Elvis Dumervil
CB- Champ Bailey
CB- Bryant McFadden
FS- Josh Barrett
SS- Rashard Johnson

no-pseudo-fan
02-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Love it. I would take this draft and FA. I would rather take something other than TE in the 4th, but the rest I could live with.

ColoradoBuff
02-23-2009, 12:32 PM
I agree.....Nelson is a great TE prospect, but we have other needs before TE..other than that I love this FA and Draft.

chaz
02-23-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't like two of our front three DL being 3/6th round draft picks...we need mroe depth than that. Add Mike Wright, Kenny Peterson, and Grady Jackson to FA I'd be more on board.

Also, Crowder/DJ/ReyRey are all ILB in 3-4 correct? Who do you project outside?

Northman
02-23-2009, 03:07 PM
I don't like two of our front three DL being 3/6th round draft picks...we need mroe depth than that. Add Mike Wright, Kenny Peterson, and Grady Jackson to FA I'd be more on board.

Also, Crowder/DJ/ReyRey are all ILB in 3-4 correct? Who do you project outside?

I had DJ and Dumervil on the outside. I think DJ is generally better as an OLB, but i could be wrong. And i think Doom would be a good outside backer.

kdissette
02-23-2009, 03:15 PM
would be nice but i dont think peerman will be around that long so we would have to make a move possiblely trading up to the back end of the 3rd round to take him, which we could do easily. I also see a strong possiblility of trading back in the 1st to aquire more top round picks due to our many needs this offseason that we just cant find in FA. I would see us trading back especially if for some reason crabtree actually falls past 12 which is highly doubtful.

Gcver2ver3
02-23-2009, 03:27 PM
I like this version...i just have a few disagreements...

Peerman is raising his stock in the Combine...

We won't go into the season with a 2nd Day selection rookie NT as our starter...

I want to see Hillis sharing the load with a scat back so perhaps we pass on Ward and stick with Peerman/Sheets as that guy...

I don't see us going TE in the 4th...

Northman
02-23-2009, 03:49 PM
I like this version...i just have a few disagreements...

Peerman is raising his stock in the Combine...

We won't go into the season with a 2nd Day selection rookie NT as our starter...

I want to see Hillis sharing the load with a scat back so perhaps we pass on Ward and stick with Peerman/Sheets as that guy...

I don't see us going TE in the 4th...

I like the fact that Peerman's stock is rising yet i dont because i dont think Denver will go RB early if at all. As for Nelson i wouldnt be totally shocked if we do go TE considering how injury prone Shef has been the last couple of years. Plus, i just saw the value there and took him. But everything else i agree with you on. Will be interesting to see what we do this year in the draft thats for sure.

Gcver2ver3
02-23-2009, 03:52 PM
I like the fact that Peerman's stock is rising yet i dont because i dont think Denver will go RB early if at all. As for Nelson i wouldnt be totally shocked if we do go TE considering how injury prone Shef has been the last couple of years. Plus, i just saw the value there and took him. But everything else i agree with you on. Will be interesting to see what we do this year in the draft thats for sure.

you're right...

if he's sitting there in the 4th round then value-wise perhaps you can't pass him up...

i could certainly live with your offseason prediction...

SonOfLe-loLang
02-23-2009, 04:14 PM
I had DJ and Dumervil on the outside. I think DJ is generally better as an OLB, but i could be wrong. And i think Doom would be a good outside backer.

DJ cant blitz for ****...not a great OLB in a 3-4

mhgaffney
02-23-2009, 04:58 PM
I really hope Ekuban and Moss can find a place in this defense.

kdissette
02-24-2009, 10:15 AM
what do you think about the possibility of trading with the eagles and getting lito sheppard?

Northman
02-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Im not opposed to it but it depends on what all is involved with the trade.