PDA

View Full Version : Work Stoppage Question

Wes Mantooth
02-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Stupid question: With the idea of work stoppage looming for 2011, do player contracts just pause? How does guaranteed money play into it?

gyldenlove
02-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Stupid question: With the idea of work stoppage looming for 2011, do player contracts just pause? How does guaranteed money play into it?

Contracts will just pause if there is a stoppage. Essentially if the season is skipped then it will be as if that year never existed.

The real trick is what happens with a partial season, since playing incentives couldn't be reached over a shortened season and players would only qualify for a reduced number of game checks.

bronco militia
02-22-2009, 08:57 PM
IMO, the players will have to go on strike if there's to be any work stoppage...there are standard operating procedures for the owners for uncapped years....not so much for the players

Paladin
02-22-2009, 10:16 PM
I hope there is not a stoppage, and the players and owners can reach a deal.

That would just fudge up Greasy Al and the Chokeland "franchise".

I'd love that.......

tsiguy96
02-22-2009, 10:27 PM
would be absolutely ridiculous for work to stop with the contracts these players are getting.

snowspot66
02-23-2009, 06:02 AM
The recession may be just whats needed to bring both sides in line. The players will have a harder time complaining about needing more or losing a little % of what they have when every franchise is having to lay off people earning just 50k a year.

Wes Mantooth
02-23-2009, 06:50 AM
I hope it works out too. Read a Schefter blog though where almost no assistance in the league right now have a contract into 2011 because of the impending strike.