02-22-2009, 03:42 PM
When does Tommy Kelly get released?

ludo21
02-22-2009, 03:43 PM
bring him in....

TheDave
02-22-2009, 03:55 PM
How?

He got $16 million gauranteed... how the hell can they afford to release him?

ohiobronco2
02-22-2009, 03:58 PM
How?

Raiders | J. Walker due $5 million bonus March 3
Sun, 22 Feb 2009 12:27:42 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Oakland Raiders WR Javon Walker is due a $5 million bonus payment March 3. It is likely the team will choose to release Walker than pay him the bonus. If the team releases Walker, he will count $14.16 million against their salary cap.

Fusionfrontman
02-22-2009, 03:59 PM
goodness. I feel so bad for my brother. He got a Walker jersey 2 years ago. Told him to alter it to a Sharpe. With how good Marshall has gotten, makes you kinda forget we were bummed about Walker getting hurt and what not.

Popps
02-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Bring him in.

2K in our system... easy.

DenverBrit
02-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Javon did more to screw up the Raiders than Shanahan did last year. Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
02-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Proving what Ashley Leile already knew to be true that there is no way that Javon Walker and himself could play well together.

BroncoBuff
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1609/image4809295ia1.jpg

TheDave
How?

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Oakland Raiders WR Javon Walker is due a $5 million bonus payment March 3. It is likely the team will choose to release Walker than pay him the bonus. If the team releases Walker, he will count $14.16 million against their salary cap.

I thought they were only 2 mil under the cap ???

elsid13
02-22-2009, 04:06 PM
I thought they were only 2 mil under the cap ???

Next Season I believe. The Raiders are about to enter salary cap hell unless there is uncap year in the near future.

BroncoMan4ever
02-22-2009, 04:15 PM
so the Raiders this upcoming season hove got to have at least half if not more of their Salary Cap spent on dead money on guys they released after mega contracts, and Asomughua and Lechler.

Great time to be a Raiders fan....lol

TheDave
02-22-2009, 04:16 PM
http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=555005

Jerry McDonald, reporting for the San Jose Mercury News, reports the Oakland Raiders will save about $6.2 million against the salary cap with the release of SS Gibril Wilson, WR Ronald Curry and DE Kalimba Edwards. The team was reportedly about $8 million under the cap before giving new deals to CB Nnamdi Asomugha and P Shane Lechler.

Sooooo... according to this they were about $14 mil under the cap before Nnamdi's $10-15 mil per season.

And yet somehow they can afford to take another $14 mil hit from Javon?

Obviously I'm missing something...

Borks147
02-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Next Season I believe. The Raiders are about to enter salary cap hell unless there is uncap year in the near future.

I'm pretty sure thats what they bet on...

Kaylore
02-22-2009, 04:20 PM
How?

LOL Hilarious! :yayaya: :egbgb:

Kaylore
02-22-2009, 04:21 PM

Once again, uncaped year does not = infinite room. The majority of teams will have a lower cap in the uncaped year. This is especially true of the Raiders as they don't make a lot of revenue.

DBroncos4life
02-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Once again, uncaped year does not = infinite room. The majority of teams will have a lower cap in the uncaped year. This is especially true of the Raiders as they don't make a lot of revenue.

You know times are hard in America when gang members are not buying raiders clothes like they use too.

Kaylore
02-22-2009, 04:34 PM
You know times are hard in America when gang members are not buying raiders clothes like they use too.

LOL

theAPAOps5
02-22-2009, 04:40 PM
I would like to take back everything bad I ever said about Javon. He just ass raped the Raiders, that was a thing of beauty. He is a solid contributor to this organization and we don't even have to pay him!

Kaylore
02-22-2009, 04:43 PM
I would like to take back everything bad I ever said about Javon. He just ass raped the Raiders, that was a thing of beauty. He is a solid contributor to this organization and we don't even have to pay him!

That might be the most he's done for the Broncos since the Steelers game.

GoBroncos84
02-22-2009, 04:47 PM

Technically, we were still paying him last year. Dead money on the cap

DBroncos4life
02-22-2009, 04:51 PM
You can't fault Shanny for making this trade. He was pretty productive when he was healthy. Why anyone would pay him that much money after we cut him is another story.

Cito Pelon
02-22-2009, 04:55 PM

Dude sure made a payday. Two awesome paydays.

illbroncsfn
02-22-2009, 05:01 PM
There is still a part of me that empathizes w/Javon as he has never been the same since DWill's death...

ayjackson
02-22-2009, 05:05 PM

Jerry McDonald, reporting for the San Jose Mercury News, reports the Oakland Raiders will save about $6.2 million against the salary cap with the release of SS Gibril Wilson, WR Ronald Curry and DE Kalimba Edwards. The team was reportedly about $8 million under the cap before giving new deals to CB Nnamdi Asomugha and P Shane Lechler.

Sooooo... according to this they were about $14 mil under the cap before Nnamdi's $10-15 mil per season.

I'd assume that Javon will count $14m against the cap if cut, and if not cut, he'd count a portion of his signing bonus, his base salary and the $5m roster bonus they're avoiding. So it's probably more like our Bly situation where our hit is $9m to cut him as opposed to $7m to keep him.

theAPAOps5
02-22-2009, 05:33 PM

I know thats whats most disgusting. And probably added to the ousting of Shanahan.

broncosteven
02-22-2009, 05:39 PM

Dude had a very good year as our #1 before getting hurt in 2007. He was worth one payday, not the 2nd.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Funny thing Walker tried to give the money back before the season started and now he's going to cost them $14.5 mill and keep the money.

TDmvp
02-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Figure I better get one more use outa this ... In case no one picks him up.
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2127/capt273065f3ddca4f73bcevl6.jpg

Bronco Yoda
02-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Funny thing Walker tried to give the money back before the season started and now he's going to cost them $14.5 mill and keep the money.

just heard the same thing...Raiders will probably eat 14 Mil. :giggle:

broncocalijohn
02-22-2009, 10:20 PM
There is still a part of me that empathizes w/Javon as he has never been the same since DWill's death...

Yeah like partying in Vegas when DWIll's Mom wanted him to come down and do some charity in DWIll's name. What happened in Vegas could have been avoided if he found another way of remembering his friend.

OBF1
02-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Perfect way to end an otherwise perfect weekend. Thanks for the memories Javon.

SouthStndJunkie
02-22-2009, 11:55 PM
WALKER’S INJURY GUARANTEE COULD COMPLICATE HIS RELEASE

Posted by Mike Florio on February 22, 2009, 9:00 p.m. EST

The $5 million roster bonus owed next month to Raiders receiver Javon Walker is guaranteed for injury.

As Adam Schefter of NFL Network points out, Walker finished the 2008 season on injured reserve, which could prompt Walker to pursue a grievance for the $5 million roster bonus.

We’re not sure how it would turn out, but win or lose the Raiders would have to carry half the amount on their 2009 cap until the issue is resolved.

The problem is that, if the grievance is resolved in Oakland’s favor after the season the team’s favor and there’s no salary cap in 2010, the resulting cap credit of $2.5 million would be meaningless.

strafen
02-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Yeah like partying in Vegas when DWIll's Mom wanted him to come down and do some charity in DWIll's name. What happened in Vegas could have been avoided if he found another way of remembering his friend.The guy was definitley not the same. It was obvious that after the DW tragedy that he was never the same person. Having a friend die on your lap is something you'll never forget. He was disturbed by that and never seem to have recovered from it...

cutthemdown
02-23-2009, 12:26 AM

you are missing it.

Walker would have counted that money on the cap whether he was on team or not. Raiders because they didn't want to give him another 5 million in a bonus is just cutting losses.

So they are out a bunch of cap space but don't have the player. Other way around they have the player and would be out slightly less cap space, but have to give him another 5 million. Al Davis probably doesnt have another 5 million laying around lol.

DeuceOfClub
02-23-2009, 05:39 AM
When looking at Cap-Hit, after releasing a player you have to compare it to the Cap-Hit in case of keeping him:
The 14.6 Mil Cap-Hit is probably not much more than if they would have kept him: Probably over 10 mil (2009 salary + prorated signing bonus + this year bonus).

thumpc
02-23-2009, 06:26 AM
The guy was definitley not the same. It was obvious that after the DW tragedy that he was never the same person. Having a friend die on your lap is something you'll never forget. He was disturbed by that and never seem to have recovered from it...

Maybe DWill would not have allowed his buddy to punk out the following season when he wasn't the star on offense any more.

strafen
02-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Maybe DWill would not have allowed his buddy to punk out the following season when he wasn't the star on offense any more.I agree. There was something about the way JW handled himself that made no sense. Most people would have dedicated the season to DW if in the same situation. JW was too weird about the whole thing...

Kaylore
02-23-2009, 08:10 AM
WALKERíS INJURY GUARANTEE COULD COMPLICATE HIS RELEASE

Posted by Mike Florio on February 22, 2009, 9:00 p.m. EST

The $5 million roster bonus owed next month to Raiders receiver Javon Walker is guaranteed for injury.

As Adam Schefter of NFL Network points out, Walker finished the 2008 season on injured reserve, which could prompt Walker to pursue a grievance for the $5 million roster bonus.

Weíre not sure how it would turn out, but win or lose the Raiders would have to carry half the amount on their 2009 cap until the issue is resolved.

The problem is that, if the grievance is resolved in Oaklandís favor after the season the teamís favor and thereís no salary cap in 2010, the resulting cap credit of $2.5 million would be meaningless.
LOL

montrose
02-23-2009, 09:49 AM
We should resign him as Coach Josh loves WRs, but more importantly it would make so many jersey-owners happy. I still see a crap load of Walker jerseys around town and at Invesco. They should sell Sharpe nameplates for $10, they'd make a killing.

bowtown
02-23-2009, 10:00 AM
We should resign him as Coach Josh loves WRs, but more importantly it would make so many jersey-owners happy. I still see a crap load of Walker jerseys around town and at Invesco. They should sell Sharpe nameplates for $10, they'd make a killing.

He could break off 2mcls in our system.

Kaylore
02-23-2009, 10:01 AM
He could break off 2mcls in our system.

LOL

Bronx33
02-23-2009, 07:24 PM

It was all part of the big plan.

DBroncos4life
02-23-2009, 11:14 PM
The worst free agent class in Raiders fans' memory continues to receive it's proper recognition -- in the form of pink slips.

Everyone with so much as a wireless modem is reporting Monday that the Raiders will release wide receiver Javon Walker, one year into his 6-year, $55 million contract. Walker will end up having made $17 million for appearing in eight games and catching a total of 15 passes. That works out to $1.3 million per caught football.

Walker did attempt to retire on them last summer, before ever even playing a single game, reportedly telling the team his "heart was no longer into it." Man, if I could devise some way to make $1.3 million every time I successfully caught a football, rest assured my heart would be very much into that arrangement.

Walker's Raider tenure will be best remembered not for anything he did on the field, but for a bizarre nightclub incident last summer in Las Vegas where he was robbed, beaten up, and changed his story several times when security camera footage kept disproving each new version of events he submitted to the police.

The Raiders have been cutting last season's unproductive free agent acquisitions like gangbusters as of late, showing the door to the underwhelming likes of offensive tackle Kwame Harris, safety Gibril Wilson, and defensive end Kalimba Edwards. All of the above were given generous, eight-figure multiple-year deals... and all have been "one-and-done" embarassments. But those guys look like the '85 Bears compared to the even more fantastically ineffective DeAngelo Hall, acquired last summer and released eight measly games into his 7-year, $70 million deal.

There is a silver (haha!) lining to the Raiders' glut of intellectually bankrupt personnel moves -- the team recognizes the problem, and they are engaging in a genuine and targeted mop-up job to address this mess. They're not a cheapskate team, they're sincere in aggressively trying to improve the roster and win games. It's encouraging that they are willuing to spend to pursue results, and willing to correct course when they don't get results.

Related Stories
Raider Defensive Back Gets Richest Ever Contract
Stadium Actually Doesn't Involve Leaving Oakland
It's not encouraging, though, that the same brain-dead braintrust that got hoodwinked into overpaying for the last batch of stooges is still in place, presumably to overpay another new batch of underachieving stooges.

Joe Kukura is a freelance writer who has himself been properly recognized in the form of pink slips.

Copyright NBC Local Media

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/sports/football/Javon-Walker-Handed-Walking-Papers-As-Raiders-Purge-Continues.html

GreatBronco16
02-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Poor guy. If he would have just stayed in Green Bay and kept his mouth shut, none of this would have ever happend to him.

oubronco
02-24-2009, 07:16 AM
The worst free agent class in Raiders fans' memory continues to receive it's proper recognition -- in the form of pink slips.

Everyone with so much as a wireless modem is reporting Monday that the Raiders will release wide receiver Javon Walker, one year into his 6-year, $55 million contract. Walker will end up having made $17 million for appearing in eight games and catching a total of 15 passes. That works out to $1.3 million per caught football.

Walker did attempt to retire on them last summer, before ever even playing a single game, reportedly telling the team his "heart was no longer into it." Man, if I could devise some way to make $1.3 million every time I successfully caught a football, rest assured my heart would be very much into that arrangement.

Walker's Raider tenure will be best remembered not for anything he did on the field, but for a bizarre nightclub incident last summer in Las Vegas where he was robbed, beaten up, and changed his story several times when security camera footage kept disproving each new version of events he submitted to the police.

The Raiders have been cutting last season's unproductive free agent acquisitions like gangbusters as of late, showing the door to the underwhelming likes of offensive tackle Kwame Harris, safety Gibril Wilson, and defensive end Kalimba Edwards. All of the above were given generous, eight-figure multiple-year deals... and all have been "one-and-done" embarassments. But those guys look like the '85 Bears compared to the even more fantastically ineffective DeAngelo Hall, acquired last summer and released eight measly games into his 7-year, $70 million deal.

There is a silver (haha!) lining to the Raiders' glut of intellectually bankrupt personnel moves -- the team recognizes the problem, and they are engaging in a genuine and targeted mop-up job to address this mess. They're not a cheapskate team, they're sincere in aggressively trying to improve the roster and win games. It's encouraging that they are willuing to spend to pursue results, and willing to correct course when they don't get results.

Related Stories
It's not encouraging, though, that the same brain-dead braintrust that got hoodwinked into overpaying for the last batch of stooges is still in place, presumably to overpay another new batch of underachieving stooges.

Joe Kukura is a freelance writer who has himself been properly recognized in the form of pink slips.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/sports/football/Javon-Walker-Handed-Walking-Papers-As-Raiders-Purge-Continues.html

DAMN Hilarious!

Kaylore
02-24-2009, 12:16 PM

Related Stories

:~ohyah!: Love it. Long live Al Davis!

azbroncfan
02-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Poor guy. If he would have just stayed in Green Bay and kept his mouth shut, none of this would have ever happend to him.

He would be better off if he could stay out of the night clubs too.

ward63
02-24-2009, 03:38 PM
I didn't see it on here, but the Raiders also just released Kwame Harris and Justin Griffith. What a joke of a team?!

TonyR
02-24-2009, 05:43 PM
RAIDERS DEBATING WHETHER TO CUT JAVON WALKER
Posted by Mike Florio on February 24, 2009, 3:56 p.m. EST
Though itís believed in some circles that the Raiders will cut receiver Javon Walker sooner rather than later, the guys at RaidersBeat.com claim that the organization is divided over whether to bring him back for a second season.

Walker was a wash-out in 2008, catching only 15 passes are attempting to retire during training camp. He has been capable, however, of playing solid football during past stints in Green Bay and Denver.

Either way, a decision needs to come fairly quickly; heís due to pocket a $5 million roster bonus early next month.

Even if heís cut Walker could claim that the injury guarantee applies, since he finished the 2008 season on injured reserve with an ankle injury. But heís expected to be at full strength when offseason workouts open.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/24/raiders-debating-whether-to-cut-javon-walker/

oubronco
02-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Who? ROFL!