PDA

View Full Version : What kind of contract will Bmarsh get??

SoDak Bronco
02-21-2009, 10:47 AM
With Bronco brass looking to lock up Bmarsh to a long-term contract, I am wondering what type of contract we can expect to see. He is going to get paid in the top tier of WR's w/his size and ability.

what kind of guaranteed money will he get, and the length?

just curious what everyones thoughts are on this, I think the longer we wait the price keeps going up.

theAPAOps5
02-21-2009, 10:49 AM
24,000,000 big mac's

SoDak Bronco
02-21-2009, 10:53 AM
guaranteed big macs?

SoDak Bronco
02-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Wonder how the whole suspension and past behavior will be used as leverage to keep his $$ down?

Broncoman13
02-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Wonder how the whole suspension and past behavior will be used as leverage to keep his $$ down?

It won't be. It will only allow us to put stipulations that allow the Broncos to recoup $$$.

I would expect something in the neighborhood of 6 years $45m with $25m in guaranteed money.

tsiguy96
02-21-2009, 11:46 AM
It won't be. It will only allow us to put stipulations that allow the Broncos to recoup $$$.

I would expect something in the neighborhood of 6 years $45m with $25m in guaranteed money.

i think hell be a bit closer to 8-9mil a year, hopefully on a 5-6 year contract.

peacepipe
02-21-2009, 11:56 AM
eitherway he'll be in the top 5.

BroncoMan4ever
02-21-2009, 12:45 PM

that is what i am thinking also.

2KBack
02-21-2009, 01:09 PM
the Redskins are gonna pay him a mint

theAPAOps5
02-21-2009, 01:48 PM
the Redskins are gonna pay him a mint

?

2KBack
02-21-2009, 01:50 PM
?

I'm suggesting the possibility that Denver doesn't resign him

theAPAOps5
02-21-2009, 01:58 PM

Yeah only way I see that is if he still has drops and a numb hand.

tsiguy96
02-21-2009, 01:59 PM

yea, i like getting rid of our best players too. thats how you win.

theAPAOps5
02-21-2009, 02:00 PM

He isn't our best player. He has the potential to be. Clady is our best player.

2KBack
02-21-2009, 02:04 PM

did I say I wanted him to leave somewhere? If I did please show me.

Still I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that Marshall tests free agency and finds a team to break the bank on him. If McD follows in BB's footsteps he will be more than willing to let the guy go.

tsiguy96
02-21-2009, 07:28 PM
He isn't our best player. He has the potential to be. Clady is our best player.

players, multiple. he is a top 5 bronco and already stated he wants to stay in denver his whole career. you dont get rid of players unless you have a better alternate, and a better player then marshall is not easy to find. he loves the team and the game and is very good, those players are not easy to find.

arghemtee
02-21-2009, 08:09 PM
did I say I wanted him to leave somewhere? If I did please show me.

Still I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that Marshall tests free agency and finds a team to break the bank on him. If McD follows in BB's footsteps he will be more than willing to let the guy go.

IIRC, Brandon would become a RFA after next season. He most likely will never test the market.

theAPAOps5
02-21-2009, 09:44 PM
players, multiple. he is a top 5 bronco and already stated he wants to stay in denver his whole career. you dont get rid of players unless you have a better alternate, and a better player then marshall is not easy to find. he loves the team and the game and is very good, those players are not easy to find.

That I agree with.

SouthStndJunkie
02-21-2009, 10:00 PM
You draft a player like B-Marsh and you lock him up and keep him on the team.

BroncoMan4ever
02-21-2009, 10:48 PM
You draft a player like B-Marsh and you lock him up and keep him on the team.

agreed, he is one of if not the biggest playmaker on the team. guys with his talents don't come around a lot. if you are lucky enough to get a guy like Marshall, you lock his ass up long term

SouthStndJunkie
02-21-2009, 10:56 PM
agreed, he is one of if not the biggest playmaker on the team. guys with his talents don't come around a lot. if you are lucky enough to get a guy like Marshall, you lock his ass up long term

People can knock him all they want, but the bottom line is that he owns the 2nd and 3rd best years in the history of the Denver Broncos in terms of single season receptions....and he has only played 3 years.

1: 2001 Rod Smith 113 receptions
2: 2008 Brandon Marshall 104 receptions
3: 2007 Brandon Marshall 102 receptions
4: 2000 Ed McCaffrey 101 receptions
5: 2000 Rod Smith 100 receptions
6: 1961 Lionel Taylor 100 receptions

BroncoMan4ever
02-22-2009, 12:11 AM
People can knock him all they want, but the bottom line is that he owns the 2nd and 3rd best years in the history of the Denver Broncos in terms of single season receptions....and he has only played 3 years.

1: 2001 Rod Smith 113 receptions
2: 2008 Brandon Marshall 104 receptions
3: 2007 Brandon Marshall 102 receptions
4: 2000 Ed McCaffrey 101 receptions
5: 2000 Rod Smith 100 receptions
6: 1961 Lionel Taylor 100 receptions

as soon as his TD catch numbers go up he will be without question one of the top receivers in the game in everyone's eyes.

the scary thing with Marshall, is technically he hasn't entered his prime yet and can actually make some adjustments to get better, and yet he is still putting up the numbers of an elite receiver.

Vladimir
02-22-2009, 01:47 AM
If we find someway to let him go I will be one pissed off hombre.

strafen
02-22-2009, 04:03 AM
He isn't our best player. He has the potential to be. Clady is our best player.He needs to hold on to the damn ball!

SoDak Bronco
02-22-2009, 07:58 AM
i think all things considered he had a great season last year with the whole Big Mac incident. I know most feared he wouldn't be the same, but he came back and still put up great numbers.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-22-2009, 08:42 AM
What kind of contract will Bmarsh get?

It'll probably be printed on paper...

theAPAOps5
02-22-2009, 11:24 AM
He needs to hold on to the damn ball!

I agree an while you have a deep fire of hate burning in your gut for him I still have hope. He did cut down on the fumbles when he cut down on trying to break every tackle. Now he absolutely has to work on eliminating dropped balls. Thats the biggest ?

Hogan11
02-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Of course he's going to get a huge contract if he keeps on maturing and keeping his numbers up. It's a non-issue.

A much more intriguing question is if he did leave for one reason or another, how many so-called Broncos fans would turn their backs on the organization and go with him? Not as far fetched a question as one may think given how some overtly worship him and the age of fantasy football has brought many people in line with being more fans of certain players rather than certain select teams.

theAPAOps5
02-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Of course he's going to get a huge contract if he keeps on maturing and keeping his numbers up. It's a non-issue.

A much more intriguing question is if he did leave for one reason or another, how many so-called Broncos fans would turn their backs on the organization and go with him? Not as far fetched a question as one may think given how some overtly worship him and the age of fantasy football has brought many people in line with being more fans of certain players rather than certain select teams.

Well I think enough Shanafans stayed and he is a God in this city. So I don't think it will be much.

OBF1
02-22-2009, 11:45 AM
If BMarsh left I would not be butt hurt. I am a Bronco fan first and a flava clown fan 2nd.

Marsh needs to mature alot more for my likes, either way he will be over paid.

Hogan11
02-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Well I think enough Shanafans stayed and he is a God in this city. So I don't think it will be much.

Shanahan never put up fantasy numbers.

theAPAOps5
02-22-2009, 11:49 AM
If BMarsh left I would not be butt hurt. I am a Bronco fan first and a flava clown fan 2nd.

Marsh needs to mature alot more for my likes, either way he will be over paid.

I think the maturation has already happened you may be just focused on a year ago. His only slip up was trash talking Porter and did he say anything that wasn't true about that ass clown?

Where he needs to grow is as a player. He dumped the psycho and is marrying a very nice lady. I see your point though there is enough of a history to have uneasiness.

Shanahan never put up fantasy numbers.

Point taken but I still think its not as bad as you think.

Hogan11
02-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Point taken but I still think its not as bad as you think.

Oh I know it is...I've heard the line "Well, I used to be a fan of ______, but now I just root for the players I have on my FF team" many times over the last few years. As far as devotion to certain players go, it may not be quite to that level, but it has definitely happened. I know of at least two traitors...cuse me, "fans" who bolted to the Deadskins after Portis was traded becuase they were more enamored with him than the Broncos. I honestly think it would be more in Marshall's case.

The Joker
02-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Oh I know it is...I've heard the line "Well, I used to be a fan of ______, but now I just root for the players I have on my FF team" many times over the last few years. As far as devotion to certain players go, it may not be quite to that level, but it has definitely happened. I know of at least two traitors...cuse me, "fans" who bolted to the Deadskins after Portis was traded becuase they were more enamored with him than the Broncos. I honestly think it would be more in Marshall's case.

Those "fans" would be no loss whatsoever.