PDA

View Full Version : Pre combine Mock Draft

Elway777
02-20-2009, 02:08 PM
The Broncos trade down with Philly for a 1 and 2. Philly Trades up to get Other.
1. Knowshon Moreno,just to good to pass up
2a Evander Hood , should be a great 3-4 defensive end
2b Ron Brace , tough Nose tackle that is impossible to move
3. Conner Barwin ,will play the Sam in Nolans scheme
4. Sherrod Martin, will get a shot at FS
5a Victor Butler,I expect great things from Butler. Broncos version of James Harrison.
5b James Casey, replaces Nate Jackson
6A. Lee Robinson ,could play Sam or Mike
6B Darryl Richard, another good 3-4 De
7. Mike Thomas, 5 receiver.

Broncos_OTM
02-20-2009, 02:31 PM
The Broncos trade down with Philly for a 1 and 2. Philly Trades up to get Other.
5a Victor Butler,I expect great things from Butler. Broncos version of James Harrison.

I highly doubt the broncos get ron brace in the second round. with a HUGE demand on NT dont look for it to happen

cmhargrove
02-20-2009, 03:16 PM

By chance did you watch the senior bowl?

Brace is a need for this team (or someone like him), but it will take him a couple years to be "immovable." Marcus Thomas could probably hold the line better than Brace right now, but Brace should develop to be a good NFL NT and get pretty tough within a year or two.

BroncoMan4ever
02-20-2009, 04:46 PM
if we take Moreno in the 1st i will freak out. Moreno is a complimentary back and would be a waste with a 1st round pick.

mhgaffney
02-20-2009, 05:48 PM
I talked with a guy who posted a mock. He said he checked out Moreno and believes the kid is a better prospect than Adrian Peterson.

If he is correct quite a few OManers have seriously underestimated Moreno.

nickademus
02-21-2009, 12:18 AM
if we take Moreno in the 1st i will freak out. Moreno is a complimentary back and would be a waste with a 1st round pick.

have you even watched him play? this guy doesnt have the speed of a complimentary back if he is supposed to be the speed guy and he lacks the size to be your hammer short yardage guy.

BroncoMan4ever
02-21-2009, 02:16 AM
have you even watched him play? this guy doesnt have the speed of a complimentary back if he is supposed to be the speed guy and he lacks the size to be your hammer short yardage guy.

he's also not a guy to count on 20+ times a game. forget smaller guys like that. lets get some size and power running that ball. a guy who gets stronger as the game goes on, who is capable of carrying the ball 20+ times a game. we need a new franchise RB, not more guys who can't carry the load.

lex
02-21-2009, 03:51 AM
he's also not a guy to count on 20+ times a game. forget smaller guys like that. lets get some size and power running that ball. a guy who gets stronger as the game goes on, who is capable of carrying the ball 20+ times a game. we need a new franchise RB, not more guys who can't carry the load.

I think he could legitimately be a 300 carry back as much as anyone else. I wouldnt exactly say he's smaller. Isnt he 210? Plus, he runs with enogh wiggle and energy to avoid big hits. I like Wells better but I think you underestimate Moreno.

elsid13
02-21-2009, 06:42 AM
Mike Thomas isn't lasting to the 7th, coming into his senior year he was rated top 5 WR by the scouting agencies. His height hurts, but with the success of smaller WR in recent years he looking at 3rd to 4th round selection.

mattob14
02-21-2009, 10:47 AM
I think he could legitimately be a 300 carry back as much as anyone else. I wouldnt exactly say he's smaller. Isnt he 210? Plus, he runs with enogh wiggle and energy to avoid big hits. I like Wells better but I think you underestimate Moreno.

I think Moreno actually weighed 217 at the combine. I'm still not a huge fan, but I'd say he made himself some money with that weigh-in.