PDA

View Full Version : PFT Mock Mock Draft

Pseudofool
02-20-2009, 01:17 PM
1. Detroit Lions: Matt Stafford, quarterback, Georgia.

2. St. Louis Rams: Eugene Monroe, tackle, Virginia.

3. Kansas City Chiefs: Aaron Curry, linebacker, Wake Forest.

4. Seattle Seahawks: Malcolm Jenkins, cornerback, Ohio State.

5. Cleveland Browns: B.J. Raji, defensive tackle, Boston College.

6. Cincinnati Bengals: Knowshon Moreno, running back, Georgia.

7. Oakland Raiders: Andre Smith, tackle, Alabama.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars: Rey Maualuga, linebacker, Southern Cal.

9. Green Bay Packers: Hakeem Nicks, receiver, North Carolina.

10. San Francisco 49ers: Mark Sanchez, quarterback, Southern Cal.

11. Buffalo Bills: Jeremy Maclin, receiver, Missouri.

12. Denver Broncos: Michael Crabtree, receiver, Texas Tech.

13. Washington Redskins: Michael Oher, tackle, Mississippi.

14. New Orleans Saints: Brian Cushing, linebacker, Southern Cal.

15. Houston Texans: Clay Matthews, linebacker, Southern Cal.

16. San Diego Chargers: James Lauranaitis, linebacker, Ohio State

17. New York Jets: Darrius Herward-Bey, receiver, Maryland

18. Chicago Bears: Tyson Jackson, defensive end, LSU

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Alex Mack, center, California

20/ Detroit Lions (from Dallas): Chris Wells, running back, Ohio State

21. Philadelphia Eagles: Jason Smith, tackle, Baylor.

22. Minnesota Vikings: Percy Harvin, receiver, Florida.

23. New England Patriots: Peria Jerry, defensive tackle, Mississippi.

24. Atlanta Falcons: Aaron Maybin, linebacker, Penn State.

25. Miami Dolphins: Everette Brown, defensive end, Florida State.

26. Baltimore Ravens: Michael Johnson, defensive end, Georgia Tech.

27. Indianapolis Colts: Vontae Davis, cornerback, Illinois.

28. Philadelphia Eagles (from Carolina): Larry English, linebacker, Northern Illinois.

29. New York Giants: Brian Orakpo, linebacker, Texas.

30. Tennessee Titans: D.J. Moore, cornerback, Vanderbilt.

31. Arizona Cardinals: Brandon Pettigrew, tight end, Oklahoma State.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alphonso Smith, cornerback, Wake Forest.Huh?

PRBronco
02-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Haha yeah the comments there are hilarious, he's getting roasted, as usual.

gyldenlove
02-20-2009, 01:37 PM
He is a notoriously poor mock drafter, so pay 0 attention to his mocks.

SoDak Bronco
02-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah I saw this earlier today and didn't post it for fear of being Neg repped

Broncos_OTM
02-20-2009, 02:34 PM
that is one of THE worst mock drafts ever.

Cleveland needs a NT?-

Rey Rey in a 4-3

Dude should feel emberrassed

Lauranitus in a 3-4

Kaylore
02-20-2009, 03:12 PM
That mock is so horrible. Aside from the joke that Crabtree falls to us, the idea that we take him is even more hilarious.

brncs_fan
02-20-2009, 03:18 PM
That mock is so horrible. Aside from the joke that Crabtree falls to us, the idea that we take him is even more hilarious.

We could use the depth...

cmhargrove
02-20-2009, 03:22 PM

I don't know if you could pass on Crabtree at 12.

We need defense, and I would rather trade down with Philly. They would send us those two first round picks in a heartbeat for Crabtree. It would be a sweet situation for us.

NFLBRONCO
02-20-2009, 04:26 PM
If we sign alot of guys on D in FA I think Denver could easily go O at 12 don't you?

BroncoMan4ever
02-20-2009, 04:45 PM
yeah i am sure the Bills will take Maclin with Crabtree still on the board, i highly doubt Al Davis lets Crabtree go by and make an intelligent pick with an OT, and Wells is the only RB capable of being top 10 and he isn't even going to go that high.

skpac1001
02-20-2009, 04:54 PM
We could use the depth...

Cripes, Marshall Crabtree and Royal in the slot? I will buy Madden this year if that happens.

BroncoInferno
02-20-2009, 04:59 PM

I agree there is little chance he falls to us, but if he does you have to at least consider picking him given the value there. It'd be sick to have trio of Marshall, Royal and Crabtree. Absolutely sick. Yeah, we'd be neglecting defensive needs, but we'd win a lot of games with that offense. Plus, rebuilding the defense is going to be a multi-year project anyway. One player is not going to make the difference. Gotta take Crabtree in the unlikely scenario he falls to us.

cutthemdown
02-20-2009, 05:13 PM
If Crabtree fell that far you probably have to take him

BroncoInferno
02-20-2009, 05:18 PM
If Crabtree fell that far you probably have to take him

Yeah, it would be like that year Randy Moss fell to the Vikings and they picked him even thought they already had an excellent duo in Cris Carter and Jake Reed. They still had defensive liabilities, but they rode that offense to 15-1 record and NFC Championship appearance.

JCMElway
02-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Crabtree will now be available at 12, but no way we don't take a defensive player.

snowspot66
02-21-2009, 11:18 AM
If Crabtree is there for some odd reason I see us holding him up as trade bait. Give us picks or he's ours kind of thing.

Broncoman13
02-21-2009, 11:18 AM

When Crabtree is available at #12 we better take him. Broken foot or not, you don't pass on a talent like him. The potential of Crabtree, Marshall and Royal is disgusting! You instantly shore up the position for the next 5-6 years, plus you don't have to worry about using Eddie Royal as a return man.

BroncoMan4ever
02-21-2009, 12:14 PM
if Crabtree is there at 12, i don't care that we have Marshall and Royal, you take him. His kind of talent is not a yearly occurence in the draft.

Marshall and him starting with Royal in the slot. we'd create a new version of the Indianapolis Colts offense from a few years ago.

Atwater 27
02-21-2009, 01:08 PM
This is the worst mock I have ever seen. Ever. Turns out we may have a chance at Crabtree anyways in the 2nd or 3rd. His stock is falling fast and hard.

U4EA
02-21-2009, 08:13 PM
This is the worst mock I have ever seen. Ever. Turns out we may have a chance at Crabtree anyways in the 2nd or 3rd. His stock is falling fast and hard.

He won't fall out of the first. And yeah, you'd take him at 12.

Atwater 27
02-21-2009, 08:18 PM
He won't fall out of the first. And yeah, you'd take him at 12.

Absolutely not. We have no business whatsoever picking offense at #12 overall. Unless we like missing the playoffs of course.

Vladimir
02-22-2009, 01:55 AM
25. Miami Dolphins: Everette Brown, defensive end, Florida State.
29. New York Giants: Brian Orakpo, linebacker, Texas.

LOL @ the idea of those two falling that far.

TheChamp24
02-22-2009, 04:55 AM

He will still be a top 10 pick, guaranteed.
But this isn't as bad as a mock I saw with Stafford and Maclin not in the 1st round, and the guy responded because he didn't think Stafford was that good. lol

I will say, if Crabtree is there at 12, we should definitely take him. You take the BPA, and he is the BPA. He is a very good talent at WR and would be amazing in our offense.
This mock is so bad though, Nicks jumping into a top 10 pick? lol

BroncoInferno
02-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Absolutely not. We have no business whatsoever picking offense at #12 overall. Unless we like missing the playoffs of course.

With an offense of Culter throwing to Marshall, Royal, Crabtree, and Scheffler, we make the playoffs. We probably don't win a Super Bowl, but you can certainly go to the playoffs with an explosive offense and bad defense (our 2000 team, for instance, was pitiful on D yet we had a great O so still went 11-5). Fixing the defense is a multi-year project, so passing on a 1st round defender this time around isn't going to be THAT big of a set back to that process. Don't get me wrong, I think defense should be the main focus with that pick, but if Crabtree falls in your lap at #12, you gotta take him unless some other team offers you an excellent trade package to move down.