PDA

View Full Version : OT: wolvering vs. hippo (need help with ongoing debate)

goldengopher1976
02-20-2009, 12:55 PM
I need your help with an ongoing debate. Please read the parameters before voting.

The question is this:
POUND FOR POUND, which of these two animals is the more powerful.

1. Wolverine

2. Hippo

So far in the debate we've asked ourselves:

1. Since the average adult hippo weighs around 2 tons, would you rather face a 2 ton hippo or a 2 ton wolverine?

Conversely,

2. Since the average adult male wolverine weighs around 60 pounds, would you rather face a 60 pound wolverine or a 60 pound hippo?

3. We also noted that the hippo has never inspired anyone to create a superhero, but this obviously has little bearing on the actual debate.

So, back to the question. POUND FOR POUND?

Kaylore
02-20-2009, 01:05 PM
I think I could handle a 60lb hippo. I would probably lose a hand, but I think I could kill it.

A wolverine at any size would destroy me. And a two ton Wolverine would beat a hippo (but it wouldn't be pretty.)

broncocalijohn
02-20-2009, 01:18 PM
TG for the offseason! We should miss the playoffs more often so we can get the burning questions like these! I am a Wolverine type of guy. I know for certain that the Movie Red Dawn portrayed 30 year old Patrick Swayze and a bunch of high school kids taking down the invading pinko commies. They named their band of loyal American rebels after the name of their school mascot, the Wolverines. I dont think one school has a mascot of a hippo. If you seen the movie, one of the character puts his rifle in the air and yells, "WOLVERINES!" This is meant to be scared of them. Now, how afraid would you be if he yelled, "HIPPOS!" I would just assume a failed group of fat chicks left TGI Fridays. Wolverines it is!

Natedog24
02-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Pound for pound its Wolverine no doubt. If your taking away a hippo's size advantage your taking away its main defense against other animals...

SouthStndJunkie
02-20-2009, 01:23 PM
A wolverine the same size (any weight) as a hippo would win.

bowtown
02-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Are we dealing with X-Men Woverine or Avengers Wolverine?

theAPAOps5
02-20-2009, 02:39 PM
A hippo is one of the meanest nastiest and powerful animals out there. Even if they look big and dumb. I voted hippo although its close. The problem with this comparison is you have to take into account terrain. A wolverine is downright nasty on ground. Put him in water and his strenghts are greatly declined. The hippo is great in the water but not as effective on land. BUT their decline isn't as great as the wolverines is in water.

Hippo wins on that last caviat.

TheDave
02-20-2009, 02:48 PM
I'd kick both their asses...

signed,

Garcia Bronco

Br0nc0Buster
02-20-2009, 02:53 PM
I picked a wolverine

Although Hippos are very mean and very dangerous
I think they are the number one killer in Africa when it comes to what kills humans.

In the water though I would take a Hippo pound for pound.
One chomp with its jaws its over.
And since Hippos can like unhinge their jaws, its range is impressive

I would take a wolverine outside of the water though

Rulon Velvet Jones
02-20-2009, 02:54 PM
A hippo would **** you up.

cmhargrove
02-20-2009, 03:03 PM
wolverines!!!!!

TheReverend
02-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Where's the option for a two ton ant?

That's what has me scared ****less.

SureShot
02-20-2009, 03:11 PM
I picked the Hippo because more people are killed by Hippos than Wolverines. I would still kick a hippos ass because I know to punch it in the stomach.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h143/hemightbegiant/20775_franchise_logo0003.gif

SureShot
02-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Where's the option for a two ton ant?

That's what has me scared ****less.

I have a two ton aunt and she isn't that scary but you will lose a finger if you get to close while she is eating.

TheReverend
02-20-2009, 03:13 PM
I picked the Hippo because more people are killed by Hippos than Wolverines. I would still kick a hippos ass because I know to punch it in the stomach.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h143/hemightbegiant/20775_franchise_logo0003.gif

:notworthy

Spider
02-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Gots to go with a hippo .. Hippo's hide is alot tougher then fur ........ I never met up with a Wolverine , met a badger with a piss poor attitude though

STBumpkin
02-20-2009, 05:46 PM
How is this even a debate? If you create a 2 ton wolverine, it is like a meaner, faster, grizzly bear that is 4-5 times larger than the average grizzly. 60 lb hippos already exist. They are called pot-bellied pigs. End discussion.

STBumpkin
02-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Now, pound for pound wolverine vs. tasmanian devil and we have a debate on our hands.

DHallblows
02-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Why hippo? If you're asking a question of pound for pound why pick one of the two animals to be an animal who's main advantage is weight and size? If the second animal was like a grizzly or lion or Chuck Norris, THEN it'd be a fairer comparison against the wolverine

DenverBrit
02-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Can a Wolverine do this?? !Booya!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RGhtXb-1duI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RGhtXb-1duI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cutthemdown
02-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Why hippo? If you're asking a question of pound for pound why pick one of the two animals to be an animal who's main advantage is weight and size? If the second animal was like a grizzly or lion or Chuck Norris, THEN it'd be a fairer comparison against the wolverine

It's sort of a drunk frat boy hypothetical. Sort of like what would be worst being eaten by a shark or burned alive. no doubt though a huge 2000 pound Wolverine would be sort of a nightmare. I see a good b movie in the working.

I say we all pitch in like 1000 bucks and make an indy movie about a trucker from Wyoming paid to deliver strange cargo to a research facility in Nebraska. He is careless and while getting head from a 19 yr old cross dresser at a truck stop the animal escapes.

This is no ordinary Wolverine though, it is crossed with a hippo. This strange hybrid created to scour the Pakistani Mountain ranges in search of food.

undaunted our fearless trucker realizes his mistake and sets out to recapture the beast. With his trusty side kick cross dressing partner he embarks on an adventure that is a cross between Hang em High and that movie with the giants Rats, called ATTACK OF THE GIANT RATS!!!!!!.

In the end the cross dresser gets eaten and the hero destroys the animal by luring it off a cliff like a reverse of the movie dual.

Maybe a cameo where a bunch of stars we hate get eaten by the wolverine or throat punched to death by the hero truck driver.

GoHAM
02-20-2009, 07:30 PM
It's sort of a drunk frat boy hypothetical. Sort of like what would be worst being eaten by a shark or burned alive. no doubt though a huge 2000 pound Wolverine would be sort of a nightmare. I see a good b movie in the working.

I say we all pitch in like 1000 bucks and make an indy movie about a trucker from Wyoming paid to deliver strange cargo to a research facility in Nebraska. He is careless and while getting head from a 19 yr old cross dresser at a truck stop the animal escapes.

This is no ordinary Wolverine though, it is crossed with a hippo. This strange hybrid created to scour the Pakistani Mountain ranges in search of food.

undaunted our fearless trucker realizes his mistake and sets out to recapture the beast. With his trusty side kick cross dressing partner he embarks on an adventure that is a cross between Hang em High and that movie with the giants Rats, called ATTACK OF THE GIANT RATS!!!!!!.

In the end the cross dresser gets eaten and the hero destroys the animal by luring it off a cliff like a reverse of the movie dual.

Maybe a cameo where a bunch of stars we hate get eaten by the wolverine or throat punched to death by the hero truck driver.

It all sounds good, but I think the big make or break aspect of this film's potential at the box office hinges on who plays the hero truck driver.

Who do you have in mind?

Someone strong, a real leading man type.

I'm thinking maybe Larry the Cable Guy.

cutthemdown
02-20-2009, 07:35 PM
It all sounds good, but I think the big make or break aspect of this film's potential at the box office hinges on who plays the hero truck driver.

Who do you have in mind?

Someone strong, a real leading man type.

I'm thinking maybe Larry the Cable Guy.

Cmon this role needs someone who people will really fear for. The type of guy who would be cool to throw a beer back with, but also just might punch you in the throat. This guy would be to throat punching and outright intimidation what Chuck Norris is to roundhouse kicks.

Larry the cable guy just not athletic enough. This guy will have to do his own stunts because of budget constraints. Since the last stunt will involve driving a big rig off a cliff in homage to Thelma and Louise we need someone really good who can jump out at last second and land a little ledge where the final battle between throat punching trucker and 2000 lb freak govt Wolverine will take place.

I picture it night time, raining at the time with lightening go off sort of like in the movie highlander when someone gets head lopped off.

Blueflame
02-20-2009, 08:38 PM

It would be well worth the price of admission to see Tony Kornhole get throat-punched.

Spider
02-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Cmon this role needs someone who people will really fear for. The type of guy who would be cool to throw a beer back with, but also just might punch you in the throat. This guy would be to throat punching and outright intimidation what Chuck Norris is to roundhouse kicks.

Larry the cable guy just not athletic enough. This guy will have to do his own stunts because of budget constraints. Since the last stunt will involve driving a big rig off a cliff in homage to Thelma and Louise we need someone really good who can jump out at last second and land a little ledge where the final battle between throat punching trucker and 2000 lb freak govt Wolverine will take place.

I picture it night time, raining at the time with lightening go off sort of like in the movie highlander when someone gets head lopped off.
leonardo dicaprio

sisterhellfyre
02-21-2009, 12:38 AM
A wolverine at any size would destroy me. And a two ton Wolverine would beat a hippo (but it wouldn't be pretty.)

Hippo guts all over the damn place. The cleanup would be even nastier because when it was done, the wolverine would probably urinate and "mark" territory all over the dead hippo. Wolverines are just that sort of nasty, antisocial, mean-tempered, psychotic little SOBs. I don't want any part of tangling with a critter that can make a bear back down.

(Tho we could sure use a couple or three at DE and LB!)

Regards,
m.

baja
02-21-2009, 08:43 AM
The meaningful question is which animal would rather be killed by. I'd take the hippo every time.

ludo21
02-21-2009, 09:44 AM
I went hippo. If you take the average hippo vs the average wolverine a Hippo will bit down once and kill the Wolverine.

A 2 ton Wolverine would scare me to death tho..

listopencil
02-21-2009, 11:34 AM
It depends on the terrain.

goldengopher1976
02-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I am on the wolverine side of the debate, but a friend of mine won't budge from the hippo. As mentioned, terrain is key, but I am inclined to think that in general, wolverine wins.

bowtown
02-23-2009, 01:53 PM
(sigh) I miss college.

Irish Stout
02-23-2009, 02:17 PM
How do we know that a two ton wolverine will be able to move with the speed and agility they currently have. And are there now ginormous claws and fangs just as sharp as they once were? Does a shruken hippo gain anything in speed? Does it lose muscel mass in its jaws?

Irish Stout
02-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Perhaps in this movie ultimately the truck driver has to find a 60lb hippo to take down the wolverine.

TonyR
02-23-2009, 02:19 PM
There is no debate here. Pound for pound the wolverine wins and it's not even close. They have been know to take down moose.

Here's an account of a wolverine trying (and failing) to take food away from a bear. The key is that the wolverine was ten times smaller than the bear and tried anyway.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/05/030506073236.htm

Breaker
02-23-2009, 02:25 PM
A hippo has the ability to bite an alligator in half with one bite ..... that is some serious crushing power.

Spider
02-23-2009, 02:35 PM
A hippo has the ability to bite an alligator in half with one bite ..... that is some serious crushing power.

One time I saw my sister ................err wait wrong kind of hippo never mind

TailgateNut
02-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Can't beleive peeps actually voted for Hippo.:giggle:

Spider
02-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Can't beleive peeps actually voted for Hippo.:giggle:

I did . voted Hippo , I talked to a east African guy one time , I mentioned the snakes , scorpions, Spiders ,Darfur.... said anything that walks or breathes tries to kill you . He said Hippos are the most dangerous thing you will come across in the entire continent , but a Ditch or a small fence will stop them fast ...... But their hides are so tough .........

Kaylore
02-23-2009, 03:09 PM
I did . voted Hippo , I talked to a east African guy one time , I mentioned the snakes , scorpions, Spiders ,Darfur.... said anything that walks or breathes tries to kill you . He said Hippos are the most dangerous thing you will come across in the entire continent , but a Ditch or a small fence will stop them fast ...... But their hides are so tough .........

The question was pound for pound which is deadlier. A Hippo is deadlier than a Wolverine. But is a Hippo as deadly as wolverine of the same size? No.

baja
02-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Which one would kill you faster?

Rulon Velvet Jones
02-23-2009, 03:17 PM
We brought this up on the air on ESPN Dallas last Friday and the response was tremendouse. It's a great debate. People need to respect the hippo.

Spider
02-23-2009, 03:56 PM
The question was pound for pound which is deadlier. A Hippo is deadlier than a Wolverine. But is a Hippo as deadly as wolverine of the same size? No.

If you say so ......But I guess it takes alot to penetrate a Hippos hide ....... Wolverine . meh .22 mag would do it ........

Bronco Yoda
02-23-2009, 04:41 PM
http://www.slashgear.com/gallery/data_files/7/4/Nate_Wolverine_2.jpg
lol

Spider
02-23-2009, 04:57 PM
http://www.slashgear.com/gallery/data_files/7/4/Nate_Wolverine_2.jpg
lol

what in the hell is his problem ?

Peoples Champ
02-24-2009, 07:38 AM
I have got to go with the Hippo. After watching a Discovery channel documentary on them, it said the Hippo is the only land animal with no predators (besides humans). The Hippo's skin is unpenetrateble by any animal. They showed alligators goining after them and not even a gator bite can get through that skin.

Breaker
02-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Questions like these can be settled once and for all by just catching one of each and setting up a little ring at halftime of the next Raiders/Broncos game!!!!

Spider
02-24-2009, 07:47 AM
I have got to go with the Hippo. After watching a Discovery channel documentary on them, it said the Hippo is the only land animal with no predators (besides humans). The Hippo's skin is unpenetrateble by any animal. They showed alligators goining after them and not even a gator bite can get through that skin.

thats what I have heard about the Hippo's skin ........I guess a .357 mag would just irritate the hippo ;D

Peoples Champ
02-24-2009, 08:15 AM
thats what I have heard about the Hippo's skin ........I guess a .357 mag would just irritate the hippo ;D

Ya, A wolverine's claws would just scratch the back of the hippo. The hippo would enjoy it, then tear apart the wolverine.

Spider
02-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Ya, A wolverine's claws would just scratch the back of the hippo. The hippo would enjoy it, then tear apart the wolverine.

;D no **** .......

Arkansas Bronco
02-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Questions like these can be settled once and for all by just catching one of each and setting up a little ring at halftime of the next Raiders/Broncos game!!!!

Is that you Vick? Had no idea you were let out.

Kaylore
02-24-2009, 09:16 AM
I have the answer!

The hippo weighs in at 1.5-2 tons (very impressive) and an 1800lb bite force (8006 newtons). That can crush pretty much anything on the planet that's living like it's tofu. They are extremely territorial and responsible for more deaths in Africa than Lions, tigers and crocodiles (sorry, no bears) combined. They also have a near-impervious hide.

Average wolverine's weight 55lbs (though they can get as big as 70) and have a bite force of 190lbs (or 844 newtons) strong enough to bite through a femur. They also have extremely sharp claws designed to tear flesh (something Hippo lacks). They are overconfident and can be extremely hostile. There are accounts of wolverines going after moose, caribou, wolves, cougars and even bears.

One on one, a hippo would destroy a wolverine. But what if we adjusted for size? I'll use the average size of both: 60lb Wolverine and a 3000lb (we're going with a male) Hippo.

The wolverine averages 3.16 pounds of force per pound of body weight.

The hippo is sitting at .6 pounds of force per pound of body weight.

This means if a hippo was 60lbs, he would bite with the force of 36 lbs or 151.92 newtons. This is on par with a medium-small sized dog like a beagle.

Now if a wolverine was the same weight as a hippo, he would bite down with 7900 pounds of pressure or 35,140 newtons; That's the weight of two cars.

Some things like skin toughness have to be considered. The wolverine has weasel-like hide and so is very tear resistant, but the Hippo is a crush/chewer so it wouldn't help. The Hippo's thick hide would help against the wolverine, since their game is crunch and tear. However the superior agility and maneuverability of the wolverine I think tips the scale heavily in it's favor, pound for pound.

Now some would argue that weight isn't really fair because a hippo naturally weighs much more than other mammals of the same size. A 60lb hippo would much smaller than a wolverine, and likewise a two ton wolverine probably would be twice the size of an adult hippo.

Rather than go weight, lets' look at size and average out what the weight would be if each animal was the same size. A hippo is (roughly) 5.25 square meters. A wolverine is 1.57 square meters. That's 3.34 times "bigger" than the wolverine. (Again, we're talking length and height, Not weight here.)

A 1.57 square meter hippo would weigh 898 lbs. He would have a bite force of
538.92 pounds, or 2397 newtons to the wolverine's 844. Suddenly the odds aren't so favorable for the wolverine!

A 5.25 square meter wolverine would weigh just over 200 lbs (can you imagine a 200lb wolverine?!?!) and have a bite force of 632 pounds or 2811 newtons. That's still less than half of the Hippo. So in a competition strictly looking at volume, the hippo would dominate at any height.

So what did we learn?
Khan has way too much time to waste.
Pound for pound, the wolverine is more deadly.
Inch for inch, the hippo is still the king.http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Spider
02-24-2009, 09:22 AM
I have the answer!

The hippo weighs in at 1.5-2 tons (very impressive) and an 1800lb bite force (8006 newtons). That can crush pretty much anything on the planet that's living like it's tofu. They are extremely territorial and responsible for more deaths in Africa than Lions, tigers and crocodiles (sorry, no bears) combined. They also have a near-impervious hide.

Average wolverine's weight 55lbs (though they can get as big as 70) and have a bite force of 190lbs (or 844 newtons) strong enough to bite through a femur. They also have extremely sharp claws designed to tear flesh (something Hippo lacks). They are overconfident and can be extremely hostile. There are accounts of wolverines going after moose, caribou, wolves, cougars and even bears.

One on one, a hippo would destroy a wolverine. But what if we adjusted for size? I'll use the average size of both: 60lb Wolverine and a 3000lb (we're going with a male) Hippo.

This means if a hippo was 60lbs, he would bite with the force of 36 lbs or 151.92 newtons. This is on par with a medium-small sized dog like a beagle.

Now if a wolverine was the same weight as a hippo, he would bite down with 7900 pounds of pressure or 35,140 newtons; That's the weight of two cars.

Some things like skin toughness have to be considered. The wolverine has weasel-like hide and so is very tear resistant, but the Hippo is a crush/chewer so it wouldn't help. The Hippo's thick hide would help against the wolverine, since their game is crunch and tear. However the superior agility and maneuverability of the wolverine I think tips the scale heavily in it's favor, pound for pound.

Now some would argue that weight isn't really fair because a hippo naturally weighs much more than other mammals of the same size. A 60lb hippo would much smaller than a wolverine, and likewise a two ton wolverine probably would be twice the size of an adult hippo.

Rather than go weight, lets' look at size and average out what the weight would be if each animal was the same size. A hippo is (roughly) 5.25 square meters. A wolverine is 1.57 square meters. That's 3.34 times "bigger" than the wolverine. (Again, we're talking length and height, Not weight here.)

538.92 pounds, or 2397 newtons to the wolverine's 844. Suddenly the odds aren't so favorable for the wolverine!

A 5.25 square meter wolverine would weigh just over 200 lbs (can you imagine a 200lb wolverine?!?!) and have a bite force of 632 pounds or 2811 newtons. That's still less than half of the Hippo. So in a competition strictly looking at volume, the hippo would dominate at any height.

So what did we learn?
Inch for inch, the hippo is still the king.http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

LOL .......

Peoples Champ
02-24-2009, 09:31 AM
I have the answer!

So what did we learn?

I like your stats, just not the pound for pound comparison. You can only compare animals like they are, because you cant change them.

Thats like saying whats faster , a Ferrari? Or a MiniVan?

Of course its the Ferrari, but if you built the Ferrari exactly like the Minivan, then they both would be just as fast.

baja
02-24-2009, 09:47 AM
I think not Kaylore.

http://www.spiracanada.com/spiralbound/2007/samhain/wolverine.jpg vs http://aliceprina.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/hipo-na-chuva-web.jpg

Kaylore
02-24-2009, 09:51 AM
I like your stats, just not the pound for pound comparison. You can only compare animals like they are, because you cant change them.

That was the point of the second half of my post.

First I answered the question, which was "pound for pound which is more powerful/deadly/better" and pound for pound it's the wolverine. The problem is the hippo is naturally much fatter than the wolverine so it's not fair. That's why I approximated size and in the second part and kept their relative weights the same. In that case the hippo wins.

Peoples Champ
02-24-2009, 10:15 AM
That was the point of the second half of my post.

First I answered the question, which was "pound for pound which is more powerful/deadly/better" and pound for pound it's the wolverine. The problem is the hippo is naturally much fatter than the wolverine so it's not fair. That's why I approximated size and in the second part and kept their relative weights the same. In that case the hippo wins.

I agree, life is not fair. Hippo wins

DHallblows
02-24-2009, 11:49 AM
I think not Kaylore.

http://www.spiracanada.com/spiralbound/2007/samhain/wolverine.jpg vs http://aliceprina.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/hipo-na-chuva-web.jpg

I can do it, too.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1254/576254119_8a1701df78.jpg vs. http://www.thebigzoo.com/images/products/thebigzoo/400/15A04540.jpg

Peoples Champ
02-24-2009, 12:23 PM
I can do it too

http://www.birdsasart.com/Hippo-Yawn.jpg

http://www.teamblanketstore.com/college/michigan.gif

bowtown
02-24-2009, 12:30 PM
I can do it too

http://www.birdsasart.com/Hippo-Yawn.jpg

http://www.teamblanketstore.com/college/michigan.gif

You should have used this pic:

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/13/images/tbt_griese.jpg

bowtown
02-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Here's my try:

http://www.concreteloop.com/images/oprah.jpg

http://yungrussell.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/wolverine-xmen.jpg

TonyR
02-24-2009, 12:52 PM
I like your stats, just not the pound for pound comparison.

Um, that was the poll question. And that's why the answer to the poll question is obviously the wolverine. It's simple common sense. Kaylore's stats provide facts to support it for those who don't have any.

TonyR
02-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Here's my try:

I'll take Oprah. Nobody effs with Oprah.

broncocalijohn
02-24-2009, 12:59 PM
I threw out the Red Dawn analogy of WOLVERINES vs HIPPOS in the first page for tongue in cheek of what i thought was appropriate for the question and now I see this thing still alive with math equations. I cant help but imagine you guys all loaded up on marijuana brownies debating this question. Wasnt this a skit in the movie Revenge of the Nerds? Kaylore and marijuana brownies. Tell me it isnt true.

Kaylore
02-24-2009, 01:00 PM
I threw out the Red Dawn analogy of WOLVERINES vs HIPPOS in the first page for tongue in cheek of what i thought was appropriate for the question and now I see this thing still alive with math equations. I cant help but imagine you guys all loaded up on marijuana brownies debating this question. Wasnt this a skit in the movie Revenge of the Nerds? Kaylore and marijuana brownies. Tell me it isnt true.

There's an easier, much more logical explanation: I'm at work.

goldengopher1976
02-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks for that work Kaylore, it is very much appreciated. I've forwarded it on to my debate nemesis...looks like we can both be right (won't that just make everyone happy!).

The funny thing is, this debate started pretty innocuously but seems to have some energy in it. I'm a college pastor, he's a college student, so yeah, there's some of that stupid college humor stuff built in, but if ESPN radio in Dallas got response...all of it makes for a fun debate.

Peoples Champ
02-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Um, that was the poll question. And that's why the answer to the poll question is obviously the wolverine. It's simple common sense. Kaylore's stats provide facts to support it for those who don't have any.

Good call, I didnt even see the pound for pound part. I still like comparing apples to apples.

Inkana7
02-24-2009, 05:24 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xfq_-oVkQcQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xfq_-oVkQcQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

When a Hippo can cause an animal two times(at least) it's size to give up a rare food opportunity, call me.

baja
02-24-2009, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=DHallblows;2300384]I can do it, too.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1254/576254119_8a1701df78.jpg

That looks like a vagina I saw in Juarez once.

DHallblows
02-24-2009, 06:47 PM

I'm not here to judge you...

baja
02-24-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm not here to judge you...

Maybe I should have bolded [once]

Spider
02-24-2009, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=DHallblows;2300384]I can do it, too.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1254/576254119_8a1701df78.jpg

right when you cross over the bridge , little joint off to the left ;D

Arkansas Bronco
02-24-2009, 07:06 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xfq_-oVkQcQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xfq_-oVkQcQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

When a Hippo can cause an animal two times(at least) it's size to give up a rare food opportunity, call me.

The wolf is taller and lankier. Where the wolverine is a shorter muscle mass. Fact is both are dangerous, why not open up the tiger vs. bear vs. lion argument. No one can tell how a 2000 pound wolverine would move it would obviously pick up strength and able to bite harder and sling its claws harder but simple fact is a wolverine will always be 50 or so pounds and the hippo will be over a ton so this argument is pointless to my tiger, bear, Lion match up.

baja
02-24-2009, 07:06 PM
That's the one.....

Funny I thought I was safe when I noticed she had no teeth in her mouth.

Spider
02-24-2009, 07:14 PM
That's the one.....

Funny I thought I was safe when I noticed she had no teeth in her mouth.

;D actually even i ran from there ........ but there is this place East of Edinburg Texas , Ponchos Hi/Lo ......he brings them girls over and has them work off the bill by being hookers ........ I was in there one night back in 88 when it got raided .Lousy timing I might add , I was only there long enough to start having a drink and looking over the girls .... lesson learned i never fooled with a hooker since ;D
Now days if you get caught with a hooker in your truck not only do you go to jail , but the state can take your truck ....... Some of those female cops look like meth addicts .......

Tombstone RJ
02-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Hippo or Wolverine... Wolverine or Hippo.... I need a shot of Jack and a fat blunt to figure this one out.

Hell, you gotta be wasted just to think up stuff like this.

baja
02-24-2009, 08:49 PM
;D actually even i ran from there ........ but there is this place East of Edinburg Texas , Ponchos Hi/Lo ......he brings them girls over and has them work off the bill by being hookers ........ I was in there one night back in 88 when it got raided .Lousy timing I might add , I was only there long enough to start having a drink and looking over the girls .... lesson learned i never fooled with a hooker since ;D
Now days if you get caught with a hooker in your truck not only do you go to jail , but the state can take your truck ....... Some of those female cops look like meth addicts .......

Not having a hooker in your truck should be a safety violation how else you going to stay awake.

Spider
02-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Not having a hooker in your truck should be a safety violation how else you going to stay awake.

;D I will bring this up to the next DOT officer I see

vancejohnson82
02-24-2009, 09:23 PM
how the hell did this conversation go from hippos and wolverines to another goddamn trucker thread???

Spider
02-24-2009, 09:55 PM
how the hell did this conversation go from hippos and wolverines to another goddamn trucker thread???

can you read ? go back see what was said ........ if not ,then too ****ing bad .....Oh and if you eat it , wear it , use it , a trucker brought it to you ......
get it ...
got it
good .......

goldengopher1976
02-24-2009, 11:48 PM

70,000+ posts by a trucker? :~ohyah!: