PDA

View Full Version : Broncos unlikely to devote salary cap space to Haynesworth

HEAV
02-20-2009, 11:30 AM
INDIANAPOLIS In the wake of the Broncos' recent roster cuts that included several high-priced veterans, speculation already has begun in some broadcast reports the team could have enough salary-cap room to make a bid for free-agent defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth.

But with the amount of money the Broncos will pay to coaches who don't work for the team in the upcoming season sapping a big slice of the cash reservoir and Xanders' belief one player cannot command too much cap money - he said Monday that "It's a team game and one person can't take a huge burden in the existing framework of the salary cap" - the Broncos would need a significant policy shift to get involved in the pursuit of Haynesworth.

Haynesworth has said he wants to be the league's highest- paid defensive player.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/feb/19/broncos-unlikely-devote-salary-cap-space-hayneswor/?partner=RSS

Hate to bust the Homer-Bubbles, but every sport is dealing with the economy and the BRONCOS are not going to drop major cash on one mega-deal-player.

sisterhellfyre
02-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Hate to bust the Homer-Bubbles, but every sport is dealing with the economy and the BRONCOS are not going to drop major cash on one mega-deal-player.

Of all the short-sighted times to go for the mega-deal... way to go, Albert.

:shrug: As far as I'm concerned, the nearest Albert should come to the Broncos is passing thru DIA on his way to somewhere else.

Regards,
m.

Kaylore
02-20-2009, 12:04 PM
He wouldn't fit here in a lot of ways. Enjoy your payday, Haynesworth!

mr007
02-20-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm glad, I wasn't high on Haynesworth anyway.

crush17
02-20-2009, 12:13 PM
i hope he doesn't just start playing like crap after he gets his big payday.
i'd feel really bad for the team that signs him...

ward63
02-20-2009, 12:25 PM
We already had two guys that didn't play hard after a fat contract! WE don't need a third.....

loborugger
02-20-2009, 12:38 PM
And the football gods be praised. You know that dude is gonna go back to being Fat Albert as soon as he lands that big pay day.

Br0nc0Buster
02-20-2009, 12:39 PM
good

I dont want us to blow our load on one guy

If we are going to spend some coin this offseason, we need to get a plethora of guys to help our defense

Draft is where the real talent is, FA is where we can fill out the roster

Bob
02-20-2009, 12:47 PM
good

I dont want us to blow our load on one guy

If we are going to spend some coin this offseason, we need to get a plethora of guys to help our defense

Draft is where the real talent is, FA is where we can fill out the roster

If this guy had an unquestionable motor, he wouldnt freak me out, but everything he seems to say, is about money, and with his face stomping past, I would not be willing to bet the farm on him -- I think he would fit, IF he played like he had in 2008 though and he is the best available tackle -- but what money would be left after he was signed? We need to stop teh run, but maybe our first can address that need. If only we could transplant Rod Smith's heart into the guy, and Cutler's brain.

Anyone else good available at DT in FA?

BroncoMan4ever
02-20-2009, 12:48 PM
i'm glad we won't sign him. for the amount of money he is going to want, we could sign 4 maybe 5 really good and solid starters.

in my eyes Haynesworth would be an investment for a team that is only a DL or few pieces away from being dominant. Not for a team with as many holes as we have. i tend to think we would sign him, be out of the money Bowlen might be willing to spend in FA, and then have to pray that every draft pick we had would pan out and be ready to start from the first moment they set foot in Denver, or we would have more holes in the defense than last season.

Plus he won't fit our new scheme.

Br0nc0Buster
02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
If this guy had an unquestionable motor, he wouldnt freak me out, but everything he seems to say, is about money, and with his face stomping past, I would not be willing to bet the farm on him -- I think he would fit, IF he played like he had in 2008 though and he is the best available tackle -- but what money would be left after he was signed? We need to stop teh run, but maybe our first can address that need. If only we could transplant Rod Smith's heart into the guy, and Cutler's brain.

Anyone else good available at DT in FA?

Grady Jackson, although I dont know how much he has left
Gabe Watson might be able to be had at a reasonable price

Other than those two I dont know
No more Sam Adams though, that was pathetic

broncofan2438
02-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Albert can suck it