PDA

View Full Version : Taco: Just blow it up; Start over

Kaylore
02-20-2009, 10:19 AM
The Mane has been limping along for some time now and the more we post the more it gets bogged down. The software is outdated in many respects compared to newer message boards.

My Proposal: I think it's time we hit the reset button. I think you should make a new board and make everyone re-register. Everyone starts over at zero. Zero posts, zero rep, everything starts anew.

Yes, that means we'll have to restart some old threads and yest that's a lot of history. Maybe the old could archived?

What does everyone else think? Is it time for a new Orange Mane?

alkemical
02-20-2009, 10:21 AM
just use existing threads.

Inkana7
02-20-2009, 10:21 AM
I don't really see a point to it.

Kid A
02-20-2009, 10:22 AM
I have no opinion on the actual technical need for this, but if ever there was a time in Broncos history that it would be symbolically appropriate to do so, this is it.

Houshyamama
02-20-2009, 10:24 AM
http://www.thewe.cc/thewei/_/images11/us_war_crimes/nuclear_testing.jpe

Kaylore
02-20-2009, 10:24 AM
just use existing threads.

This is a poll! :flower:

elsid13
02-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Spider gets to the top of the ranking and you want to go with the doomsday option huh???

TheReverend
02-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Hmmmm...

I could claim I was against Willie Middlebrooks from day one and no one could disprove it.

Very attractive option...

TheReverend
02-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Not tech savvy enough to know, but I'm for whatever works. Losing post count and rep is completely inconsequential, but losing some of the classic threads would hurt.

bfoflcommish
02-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Not tech savvy enough to know, but I'm for whatever works. Losing post count and rep is completely inconsequential, but losing some of the classic threads would hurt.

ita with what he said

Kaylore
02-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Not one comment on my "histroy" misspell?

I will histroy you all!!!!!!!

HEAV
02-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Sometimes you have to CHANGE to survive.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Qz74cEN5aw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Qz74cEN5aw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Be long overdue for an overhaul around here.

HEAV
02-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Spider gets to the top of the ranking and you want to go with the doomsday option huh???

He's one of the problems on here. 90% of his threads are crap and have no football/BRONCOS value.

The Mane should be stream-lined. A section for mad rambling like Spiders and a section for BRONCOS/football only.

alkemical
02-20-2009, 10:40 AM
IF this place were to get nuked, etc - Could i get knowledge/advance to try to archive my threads here?

That One Guy
02-20-2009, 10:44 AM
He's one of the problems on here. 90% of his threads are crap and have no football/BRONCOS value.

The Mane should be stream-lined. A section for mad rambling like Spiders and a section for BRONCOS/football only.

But what would I do if I didn't get the option to not open his "I'm in BFE today" threads?

Honestly, if number of threads is the issue, enforce putting Spider's (and others) useless posting into an area that only stays around for two weeks or something. After those two weeks, things get deleted. I think it's good to keep historic threads about football to look back but at this point, I couldn't give a damn if he was watching football from a parking lot somewhere.

montrose
02-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Kahn, you gutless drunk!

Taco John
02-20-2009, 10:47 AM
The site is limping along right now because our host is having issues at their data center with some "upgrades" that they've made.

The board version is outdated in that they're using 3.8 as where we are using 3.5 - that's not actually too outdated.... But no matter - I've been working at nights to do back-ups and capture customizations that I've made specific to this site because I'm planning on an upgrade to 3.8 in time for the draft.

Part of what's holding that up though is my evaluation of a new Word Press front page. I'm pretty sure that's the direction that I want to go with it, but i'm still evaluating on how that will plug into vBulletin. There is a bridge, but I'm having trouble finding it in action.

crowebomber
02-20-2009, 10:50 AM
When the new site comes up I'll be the first one to post that we should have drafted Ed Reed!

theAPAOps5
02-20-2009, 10:53 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iVyGoCWf5p4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iVyGoCWf5p4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:thumbsup:

bowtown
02-20-2009, 10:53 AM
If we do this, I'd like to see all the mods fired and replaced with one single General Mod (GM) who, along with Josh McDaniels, would report to Taco directly.

Also, a lifetime ban for Bob right from the start, so there's no confusion.

DenverBrit
02-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Taco: Just blow it up; Start over

I thought the title meant the Broncos Defense. Ha!

baja
It's still not working for me hell I can't even log on right now

SureShot
Losing post count and rep is completely inconsequential, but losing some of the classic threads would hurt.

I'm sure it helps when you are getting all my rep!:~ohyah!:

I'm in. Blow this bitch up.

Kaylore
02-20-2009, 10:58 AM
The site is limping along right now because our host is having issues at their data center with some "upgrades" that they've made.

The board version is outdated in that they're using 3.8 as where we are using 3.5 - that's not actually too outdated.... But no matter - I've been working at nights to do back-ups and capture customizations that I've made specific to this site because I'm planning on an upgrade to 3.8 in time for the draft.

Part of what's holding that up though is my evaluation of a new Word Press front page. I'm pretty sure that's the direction that I want to go with it, but i'm still evaluating on how that will plug into vBulletin. There is a bridge, but I'm having trouble finding it in action.

Let me first say that I don't want this thread to be a Taco bash. I doubt anyone in their right mind would doubt your commitment to this place. I've just wondered if maybe patching it up is too much of a headache. I'm just thinking of things that could help you out.

Would running a site with very few threads cost you less and run faster than one with 55,000 threads and over a million posts? If it wouldn't make a difference then disregard, but I would think a new board would help redo this thing from scratch...

HEAV
02-20-2009, 10:58 AM

So again you will just bury your head in the sand about the other issues dragging the board down...

Fix all the technical crap you want. You still have a major issue hack posters, not enough mods and a drain of resources that causes the elimination of Avatars and Sigs.

Your running the Shanny plan when things need cleaned up.

TheReverend
02-20-2009, 10:59 AM
IF this place were to get nuked, etc - Could i get knowledge/advance to try to archive my threads here?

Make certain you keep your odditorium safe, please.

Taco John
02-20-2009, 11:00 AM
We're not blowing up anythng right now. The server has been generally very fast since switching to the new host. We handled more traffic than we had in the past during the Shanahan fiasco - and then even more than that once I turned off avatars and sigs (which I could probably turn back on now that the storm has passed).

The problem right now is at the host level. Their own website has been down all day. They'll get things patched back up.

gyldenlove
02-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Blow up this diddy, we will make a top 10 of classic threads for the bigger forums to keep and lose the rest. I nominate the gutless, neck pony and foneco threads as keepers, along with at least 1 boob mojo thread.

Taco John
02-20-2009, 11:01 AM
So again you will just bury your head in the sand about the other issues dragging the board down...

Fix all the technical crap you want. You still have a major issue hack posters, not enough mods and a drain of resources that causes the elimination of Avatars and Sigs.

So far, my plan hasn't worked. You haven't been driven off the site yet.

TheReverend
02-20-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm sure it helps when you are getting all my rep!:~ohyah!:

I'm in. Blow this b**** up.

Negative repped for good measure!!!!!!

Northman
02-20-2009, 11:07 AM
What? The Mane is having issues? You got to be joking.

theAPAOps5
Site works fine for me. I come here post, get repped (both kinds), have fun, and repeat. Yeah it sucks not having the site for long stretches but still once you learn to read past the BS there is still great knowledge here.

ragamuffin
As the ultimate lurker I have a proposition, it seems like every year you have to change servers and I suspect it is probably because of short pockets. So here is what I offer, I am a crewed sailboat in the Virgin Islands and I normally get $8,000 for 6 people for a week. If I could get six of you at $1,000 for a week I will donate 1/2 of it to keep the Orange Mane from going tits up. This offer is good for up to 2 six person trips this June or July and would include sailing the BVI for the week, breakfast and lunch and all the Coors Light you can drink, you pay for your own refreshments and dinners ashore. Not to toot my horn but you can see RAGAMUFFIN and us at http://www.caribbeancruisingclub.com
Hell if my liver holds out we could make this a yearly event. Money may be the root of all evil but it can also fix a lot of problems. For you that were not math majors this means $3,000 for the six person trip I will contribute to keep the ship afloat. Broncos Talk sucks, that black page with white ink, give me a headache.

TheReverend
02-20-2009, 11:08 AM

Do you ever take a break from being a douche?

Really?

A minute or two, maybe?

broncosteven
02-20-2009, 11:09 AM
The Mane has been limping along for some time now and the more we post the more it gets bogged down. The software is outdated in many respects compared to newer message boards.

My Proposal: I think it's time we hit the reset button. I think you should make a new board and make everyone re-register. Everyone starts over at zero. Zero posts, zero rep, everything starts anew.

Yes, that means we'll have to restart some old threads and yest that's a lot of history. Maybe the old could archived?

Kahn just stole a Genesis Device and wants to spit at us all from the Depths of hell.

Khan Revenge is served VERY Cold dude, remember that before you "let slip the dogs of war"...I think I got my Trek bad guys mixed up.

TonyR
02-20-2009, 11:09 AM
...avatars and sigs (which I could probably turn back on now that the storm has passed).

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I hate sigs. I'm fine with avatars but the sigs are annoying and clutter things up too much. I'd much prefer they never come back!

Kaylore
02-20-2009, 11:14 AM
The People have Spoken:

It is clear we must find out what happened to Ah-Ha !

SureShot
02-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Negative repped for good measure!!!!!!

Hit the reset button my rep has been tarnished!

Taco John
02-20-2009, 11:18 AM
The site ran great this past season. Game days were speedier than they've ever been. Big news events slowed us down momentarily, but a few tweaks corrected it quick. We had a couple bumps here and there like any site - but overall, we had one of the best seasons we've had since we were only 100 members strong.

Our host *is* experiencing an issue currently - but even in the past half hour, it's improved.

Garcia Bronco
02-20-2009, 11:23 AM
As the ultimate lurker I have a proposition, it seems like every year you have to change servers and I suspect it is probably because of short pockets. So here is what I offer, I am a crewed sailboat in the Virgin Islands and I normally get $8,000 for 6 people for a week. If I could get six of you at $1,000 for a week I will donate 1/2 of it to keep the Orange Mane from going boobies up. This offer is good for up to 2 six person trips this June or July and would include sailing the BVI for the week, breakfast and lunch and all the Coors Light you can drink, you pay for your own refreshments and dinners ashore. Not to toot my horn but you can see RAGAMUFFIN and us at http://www.caribbeancruisingclub.com
Hell if my liver holds out we could make this a yearly event. Money may be the root of all evil but it can also fix a lot of problems. For you that were not math majors this means $3,000 for the six person trip I will contribute to keep the ship afloat. Broncos Talk sucks, that black page with white ink, give me a headache.

I am all booked on my vacation time, but this looks like awesome work and fun. I am jealous.

That One Guy
02-20-2009, 11:24 AM
The site ran great this past season. Game days were speedier than they've ever been. Big news events slowed us down momentarily, but a few tweaks corrected it quick. We had a couple bumps here and there like any site - but overall, we had one of the best seasons we've had since we were only 100 members strong.

Our host *is* experiencing an issue currently - but even in the past half hour, it's improved.

Agreed on all accounts (for as long as I can recall on the first)

theAPAOps5
02-20-2009, 11:24 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e1/Take_On_Me_cover.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e1/Take_On_Me_cover.jpg)

Kaylore
02-20-2009, 11:27 AM
As the ultimate lurker I have a proposition, it seems like every year you have to change servers and I suspect it is probably because of short pockets. So here is what I offer, I am a crewed sailboat in the Virgin Islands and I normally get $8,000 for 6 people for a week. If I could get six of you at $1,000 for a week I will donate 1/2 of it to keep the Orange Mane from going boobies up. This offer is good for up to 2 six person trips this June or July and would include sailing the BVI for the week, breakfast and lunch and all the Coors Light you can drink, you pay for your own refreshments and dinners ashore. Not to toot my horn but you can see RAGAMUFFIN and us at http://www.caribbeancruisingclub.com

Spider! I need a throat punch!

theAPAOps5
02-20-2009, 11:27 AM
From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-ha

After hiatus (1998–present)

After a performance of "The Sun Always Shines on TV" and "Summer Moved On" at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in 1998, the band returned to the studio. Those recording sessions resulted in 2000's Minor Earth Major Sky, an international tour, and a webcast performance of the band opening the new Vallhall Arena in Oslo. The 1998 performance at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert was a-ha's comeback into the world of music, yet the band's set was controversially omitted from a programme of highlights from that concert televised in the UK. The webcast was the third most-viewed webcast concert ever with 3.6 million hits, along with the longest average viewing time, 28 minutes. Only webcasts by Madonna and Paul McCartney recorded more hits. a-ha's video for "I Wish I Cared" was the first fully web-based animated flash music video to be made available. The album reached Platinum sales and spawned four #1 hits: "Minor Earth Major Sky," "Velvet," "The Sun Never Shone That Day" and "Summer Moved On." "Summer Moved On" is notable not only for going to #1 in an astonishing 17 countries, but it earned Morten Harket a world record for the longest note held in a UK hit song, at twenty seconds. With the music video for the song "Velvet", a-ha received criticism for pandering with necrophilia. a-ha made a return appearance at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in 2001. The following album Lifelines, which was released in 2002, went platinum in Norway and produced two Top 5 hits, "Forever Not Yours" and "Lifelines".

A live album from their 2002 tour, titled How Can I Sleep with Your Voice in My Head, was released in March 2003, preceded by a live single of the 1986 hit "The Sun Always Shines on T.V." In 2004, a book entitled The Swing of Things was published, which also featured a CD of early demo material. That year a-ha celebrated their twentieth anniversary with the release of a new singles collection, The Definitive Singles Collection 1984–2004. This compilation brought them back into the UK Top 20 Album Charts, where they reached number thirteen and earned a Gold album.

Paul has said of the comeback album, "We made a demo very quickly and intuitively, and that gave us the contract. But then we were at the next stage: is it a record? There wasn't any panic, it was only about the final most difficult fractions, coming up with the finishing touch. In fact, some of the songs were untouched since New York. I think we did a good job."

On July 2, 2005, a-ha performed at the Berlin edition of Live 8, in front of an audience of nearly 200,000 people. They began with "Hunting High and Low", followed by "Take on Me", however Morten Harket had difficulties hearing himself and requested a two-minute break, which he used to comment on the cause of Live 8. The intended two minutes became almost seven, and the third song, "Summer Moved On", became the last of their set. Although four songs had been rehearsed, the band's time had run out and the organizers told them to leave the stage.

On September 12, 2005 a-ha played a quickly sold out show at Irving Plaza in New York City, the band's first concert in North America since 1986. The band has not returned to North America since, nor have they released anything there since 1993. On August 27, 2005, the band played a concert for 120,000 people in Frognerparken in Oslo, the largest concert ever in Norway.

On November 4, 2005, the band released its 8th studio album, Analogue. The UK release of the single "Analogue (All I Want)" gave a-ha their first top ten hit in the UK since 1988.[7] The album includes guest appearance by Graham Nash of the Crosby Stills & Nash performing backing vocals on the songs "Over the treetops" and "Cosy Prisons". The video for the song "Celice" sparked criticism for its sexual content. The following tour included performances at a gig at London's Shepherd's Bush on 2 February 2006, and a TV special in Africa. In 2006, a-ha recorded a cover of John Lennon's "#9 Dream" for Amnesty International. It was released in June 2007 on the album Make Some Noise. On 30 October 2006 in London, a-ha received the prestigious Q Magazine Inspiration Award for their long contribution to music and for inspiring many of their younger colleagues in the business. On 15 September 2007, a-ha played a free outdoor concert in Kiel, Germany. The band played on a floating stage in the harbour. This concert was streamed live on the internet via MSN.

On 20 May, 21 May, and 22 May, 2008, Morten Harket, Magne Furuholmen, and Paul Waaktaar-Savoy performed concerts in Oslo, Norway, to promote their respective solo material before coming together as a-ha to play "Train of Thought", "Take On Me", and two new songs, reportedly titled "Riding the Crest" and "Shadow Side", but these names have not been confirmed. These events led up to their performance at London's Royal Albert Hall on 24 May. A new a-ha album has been confirmed and will be released on June 19th, 2009. a-ha will be touring South America in March 2009, most likely to begin early promotions for the new album.

On 24 January 2009, a-ha won the Norwegian Spelleman award for hit of all time of the 50th anniversary of the official hit list in Norway. They won with the song Take On Me.

B-Love
02-20-2009, 11:34 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kwxvOKuLUQ0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kwxvOKuLUQ0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ragamuffin
02-20-2009, 11:36 AM
The woman dancing has MS, we are all hoping she will stay well enough to go sailing and dance again at the Willy T. Maybe you should all have her courage.

Kaylore
02-20-2009, 11:41 AM
The woman dancing has MS, we are all hoping she will stay well enough to go sailing and dance again at the Willy T. Maybe you should all have her courage.

Ok I'm a dickwad. I was just trying to have fun and had no idea. I'll just take that down...

HorseHead
02-20-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm preety sure "A-HA" had vaginas...

DomCasual
02-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Okay, here's a suggestion.

Is it necessary for the site to automatically reload when you are on the main page? I know that I will often have multiple tabs/windows open at once. As the day goes on, I might end up with five or six of them open on the main page - simply because I forgot I had already opened one. Every few minutes, those all reload. I could have a thousand of them open. They would all just keep reloading.

So, if there are a couple hundred users on, and they're all irresponsible like me, wouldn't that bog things down pretty effectively?

DomCasual
02-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Ok I'm a dillwad. I was just trying to have fun and had no idea. I'll just take that down...

Insensitive SOB.

theAPAOps5
02-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Ok I'm a dillwad. I was just trying to have fun and had no idea. I'll just take that down...

Kaylore I can't understand you how about taking that foot out of your mouth!

:spit: Ha!

I am sure he knows you mean no malice if has lurked here for as long he has.

Bob
02-20-2009, 11:54 AM
If the threads were taken off, would it be that much faster?

Another thought might be, to simply take off any info of those who have not posted in over a year? I bet that would be about 1/3 of all the info on the Mane?

TheReverend
02-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Ok I'm a dillwad.

QFT :thumbs:

_Oro_
02-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Maybe if we just ban Polls?

SureShot
02-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Maybe if we just ban Polls?

Start a poll and we can vote on banning polls.:strong:

Blueflame
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm no webmaster, so I could be wrong on this, but I think if our host is having issues today, the site would be having issues regardless of what version of vbulletin we're currently using... or the size of the database... or any other factors that TJ has control over. I sincerely doubt that blowing up the Mane and starting over would solve a problem at the hosting server...

Hogan11
02-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Some of the lesser used forums could be consolidated or eliminated altogether...ie: All of the other sports could be placed into just one forum. The Gala forum could be eliminated as Old Dude hasn't done anything with it since 2007, place it's threads into the Ring Of Fame thread and kill it off...I mean if the AFL forum can disappear, so can it.

Dagmar
02-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Okay, here's a suggestion.

Is it necessary for the site to automatically reload when you are on the main page? I know that I will often have multiple tabs/windows open at once. As the day goes on, I might end up with five or six of them open on the main page - simply because I forgot I had already opened one. Every few minutes, those all reload. I could have a thousand of them open. They would all just keep reloading.

So, if there are a couple hundred users on, and they're all irresponsible like me, wouldn't that bog things down pretty effectively?
^5

broncosteven
02-20-2009, 01:57 PM

You large bag of Dillwadnessthingystuff.

brncs_fan
02-20-2009, 02:34 PM
If we ever get sigs back, Kaylore calling himself a dillwad is definitely going in mine.

Malcontent
02-20-2009, 02:36 PM
As long as the speaking of butts thread stays..I'm fine with it.

Popps
02-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Hmmmm...

I could claim I was against Willie Middlebrooks from day one and no one could disprove it.

Very attractive option...

Taco has to love this plan. Imagine the silly **** we wouldn't be able to pull on him. He's already deleted everything pre 2003.

TheReverend
02-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Taco has to love this plan. Imagine the silly **** we wouldn't be able to pull on him. He's already deleted everything pre 2003.

Been reading too much Gaff and baja, lately?

BroncoBuff
02-20-2009, 02:45 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e1/Take_On_Me_cover.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e1/Take_On_Me_cover.jpg)

gay

Taco John
02-20-2009, 02:50 PM

I'm not embarassed of a single take I've ever made, especially regarding Griese. We wasted a lot of dead cap money on cutting the guy that we could have used on keeping defenders like Berry and Pryce around. I'd have just as soon seen the guy demoted and backing up Plummer, but types like you insisted that we wouldn't miss that cap money, and were better off without him and it. Perhaps you were right - but you sure do a lot of screaming about needing defenders - so maybe you weren't so right afterall.

I only wish those archives were still up so everyone could see you going from laughing at the idea that the quarterback being an afterthought, to embracing it while at the same time trying to distance yourself from it. Watching you maintain any level of consistency is like watching a game of twister.

Even more laughable was your "win/win" campaign when it became clear to you and everyone that Plummer just couldn't cut it anymore and we'd have to start the rookie afterall. That was great! You couldn't admit that you were wrong about Plummer, so you declared his failure a win/win situation for him and the Broncos. You were right! But not in the way that you meant to be! Oh man that was hilarious!

brncs_fan
02-20-2009, 02:53 PM
gay

Are you kidding me. They are all about the ladies. Just look at them.

OBF1
02-20-2009, 02:55 PM

Someone is not getting laid since they got marriedROFL!

Rock Chalk
02-20-2009, 03:06 PM

Taco just hit me up if you need help getting Word Press integrated.

Rock Chalk
02-20-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm not embarassed of a single take I've ever made, especially regarding Griese. We wasted a lot of dead cap money on cutting the guy that we could have used on keeping defenders like Berry and Pryce around. I'd have just as soon seen the guy demoted and backing up Plummer, but types like you insisted that we wouldn't miss that cap money, and were better off without him and it. Perhaps you were right - but you sure do a lot of screaming about needing defenders - so maybe you weren't so right afterall.

I only wish those archives were still up so everyone could see you going from laughing at the idea that the quarterback being an afterthought, to embracing it while at the same time trying to distance yourself from it. Watching you maintain any level of consistency is like watching a game of twister.

Even more laughable was your "win/win" campaign when it became clear to you and everyone that Plummer just couldn't cut it anymore and we'd have to start the rookie afterall. That was great! You couldn't admit that you were wrong about Plummer, so you declared his failure a win/win situation for him and the Broncos. You were right! But not in the way that you meant to be! Oh man that was hilarious!

He wasnt wrong about Plummer.

Plummer was 7-4 with the same Team Cutler had.

Plummer was a winner and Cutler is a loser.

Will Cutler surpass Plummer? Maybe, but it aint going to happen next year or the year after likely. So by teh time Cutler gets his first playoff appearance may be his 6th or 7th year in the NFL.

Plummer surpassed that on the freakin 1990s version of the Cardinals.

It was a lose/lose situation starting Cutler the remainder of Plummer's last season. He got no great experience that helped him the following year, and he got a concussion to start his young NFL career off.

Bad ****ing move. Should have waited to start Cutler the beginning of the following year, let Plummer finish the year off. We weren't going anywhere with either of them but it was clear that was a BAD decision.

theAPAOps5
02-20-2009, 03:12 PM
gay

Well no **** sherlock! I thought the picture said that for itself and didn't need to be pointed out. :kiss: ^5

Taco John
02-20-2009, 03:18 PM

Will Cutler surpass Plummer? Maybe, but it aint going to happen next year or the year after likely. So by teh time Cutler gets his first playoff appearance may be his 6th or 7th year in the NFL.

It was a lose/lose situation starting Cutler the remainder of Plummer's last season. He got no great experience that helped him the following year, and he got a concussion to start his young NFL career off.

Bad ****ing move. Should have waited to start Cutler the beginning of the following year, let Plummer finish the year off. We weren't going anywhere with either of them but it was clear that was a BAD decision.

Plummer was better than Griese for the Broncos by a long shot. I thought it was a good move to bring him in. I thought it was a bad move to cut Griese and just hand the job to Plummer. I wanted to see competition, and I really wanted to keep that dead cap money because my argument in favor of Griese was that he was a highly efficient quarterback when things were going right (his QB ratings during those moments was very high). I had no illusions that Griese was any type of saviour - just serviceable.

Back then, Popps argued "what's easier, replacing one guy, the quarterback, or replacing the guys that are around him?" During the Plummer fiasco, he called that line of reasoning "QB only mentality." :rofl:

But Plummer started to establish an ugly trend with the Broncos - during important games, the guy would collapse. On Monday and Sunday night football, he was terrible. On opening day - terrible. During November & December - terrible. During January - terrible.

I'm amused at all the criticism that I took when I was the lone voice in the woods calling this stuff out against a forum that was largely pro-Plummer. But eventually, a player like Plummer exposes himself when suddenly every game turns into an important game because of the guy looking over his shoulder.

So in a sense, the people who said it was better to cut Griese were probably right. Both of these guys couldn't handle the pressure of competition - well, Griese seems to have handled it fine on other teams, but he was still Griese at the end of the day.

Whoever's right, whoever's wrong - it honestly doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is that I feel like we have a quarterback who can handle pressure, even if he makes a mistake now and again.

broncosteven
02-20-2009, 03:20 PM

We could have called Preston Parsons back and benched them both.

Kaylore
02-20-2009, 03:34 PM

This is the logic of a retard.

Sassy
02-20-2009, 03:36 PM
That's true. Plummer was 7-4 with the same team Cutler had.
I think the problem was Jake just didn't care anymore.

Taco John
02-20-2009, 03:42 PM
That's true. Plummer was 7-4 with the same team Cutler had.
I think the problem was Jake just didn't care anymore.

The only reason we were 7-4 that season was because Coyer's defense was pulling rabbits out of hats.

Sodak
02-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Just dump all of the old threads. The only reason to keep them is so some douchebag can dredge up old forgotten **** to prove he was right, or rub it in someone's face.

Besides, Neck Pony Nation is overrated. I posted on it once four years ago and that piece of crap still shows up on the front page. Let it go, man.

Popps
02-20-2009, 03:56 PM

Wow, dude... you take yourself hyper-seriously, don't you.

"In the modern NFL, the QB is more of an afterthought."

Those are YOUR words, junior. Not mine.

(Of course, you later revised that stance to claim we need an all-world QB. :rofl: )

And yea, I liked winning with Jake and I look forward to winning with Jay down the road. So, sure... it was a win/win. I never found any need to argue about it once we drafted him. I knew swapping out QBs wasn't a going to make us a winner, and it didn't. Hopefully the new staff will succeed where the prior failed and put together a real defense.

... and yes, I have been screaming about that since the Griese days. At least you got one thing right.

Taco John
02-20-2009, 04:19 PM
When I defend myself, that's taking myself hyper-seriously?

You go out of your way to bash me - something that I never do with you - and I can't defend myself without "taking myself hyper-seriously?"

I guess I'm just supposed to accept your truth-twisted verdicts without pointing out the trouble that you have with maintaining a consistent take from issue to issue.

Whatever.

Popps
02-20-2009, 04:25 PM
I know. The internet is a rough place.

Anyway, you going to blow up the forum or not?

Spider
02-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Blow the hell out of the place ..........WMD everywhere ....... or not leave it as is ;D

Blueflame
02-20-2009, 04:58 PM
The only reason we were 7-4 that season was because Coyer's defense was pulling rabbits out of hats.

The primary reason we were 7-4 was certainly not stellar play on the part of one Jake Plummer, who had already retired but just hadn't told anyone yet. He had like 3 decent games all season.

Jason in LA
02-20-2009, 06:19 PM
I've been limping my way to 10,000 posts for a long time now. Forget about starting over. ;D

Sassy
02-20-2009, 06:20 PM
This thread is just plain rude ;D

wolf754life
02-20-2009, 06:31 PM
this makes as much sense as white dominicans, or black germans...............

broncosteven
02-20-2009, 06:37 PM
The primary reason we were 7-4 was certainly not stellar play on the part of one Jake Plummer, who had already retired but just hadn't told anyone yet. He had like 3 decent games all season.

I love me some Blue.

Funny how people love his style over his substance. It is only fitting he is mentioned in a thread about blowing this place up.

Sodak
02-20-2009, 06:49 PM
You guys proved my point beautifully.

Taco John
02-20-2009, 06:56 PM
You guys proved my point beautifully.

Were you the one that said A-ha was homos?

Sodak
02-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Were you the one that said A-ha was homos?

No.

Am I missing something?

Taco John
02-20-2009, 07:07 PM
No.

Am I missing something?

Just my sad attempt at a joke...

DBroncos4life
02-20-2009, 07:33 PM
I blame TJ for Mike being fired. Our season was fine till he moved the boob mojo thread to the butt.

Sodak
02-20-2009, 07:40 PM

No. Bronski Beat were homos. :approve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcRnMfZyYrw

Spider
02-20-2009, 08:04 PM
We Will post over there so we dont have to post here

~Crash~
02-20-2009, 08:29 PM
sure blow it up hell we already blew up the broncos. besides I been posting here 10 years and look at my post count I never asked each time we moved 3 times(I think...LOLI am on RUM buyt I think three time in 10 ...) to move my post count .

~Crash~
02-20-2009, 08:32 PM
I've been limping my way to 10,000 posts for a long time now. Forget about starting over. ;D

you can have you post count what you like lets start over like the Broncos

~Crash~
02-20-2009, 08:37 PM
you can start me at one lol who the hell cares . spider says he want a -60,000 to start out with because he thinks it might take him a week to ketch up with the rest of us .

Bronco Yoda
02-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Place runs fine for me TJ. Flying lightning quick here.

You still going to give us old timers our siggy's and Avy's back? I like that idea you had about all pre jan 2002 members getting special privledges and siggy,Avy space. Like you said... You have to cut it off somewhere. We're holding you to it now... :)

elsid13
02-21-2009, 05:57 AM

Please leave the humor to the professionals, like Hotrod, theDave, Spider and myself.

Meck77
02-21-2009, 07:41 AM
It's pretty pathetic that we Broncos fans don't have anything to discuss since Plummer left. That's the harsh reality and this thread and Bowlens gutting of the staff and 2008 team reflect it.

TheReverend
02-21-2009, 07:44 AM
It's pretty pathetic that we Broncos fans don't have anything to discuss since Plummer left. That's the harsh reality and this thread and Bowlens gutting of the staff and 2008 team reflect it.

Wha?

Bronx33
02-21-2009, 08:16 AM
where the hell does it say anything about plummer on this thread title?

ScottXray
02-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Keep the rep, keep the post count , keep the join dates....
Remove the old threads , except Ring of Fame threads.
Taco could archive them somewhere, with access to old threads only for Mods, for dispute resolution or some such. Mods could keep the archive on their own PCs, then the database gets cleared.

Maybe have some way for users to archive their own favorites on their Own PC while restricting the total amount of downloads to once a year?

Clearing out all the crap might speed things up!

Whatever TJ wants...it's his board...we just live here.

Bronx33
02-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Keep the rep, keep the post count , keep the join dates....
Remove the old threads , except Ring of Fame threads.
Taco could archive them somewhere, with access to old threads only for Mods, for dispute resolution or some such. Mods could keep the archive on their own PCs, then the database gets cleared.

Maybe have some way for users to archive their own favorites on their Own PC while restricting the total amount of downloads to once a year?

Clearing out all the crap might speed things up!

Whatever TJ wants...it's his board...we just live here.

And keep spider down to posting only 3 threads a day :P

FantomForce
02-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Blow This Mother Up!

Taco John
02-21-2009, 09:44 AM
where the hell does it say anything about plummer on this thread title?

"blow up"

theAPAOps5
02-21-2009, 09:46 AM
"blow up"

One could also say "Start Over" adequately describes him too!

Bronx33
02-21-2009, 09:49 AM
"blow up"

Ahhhhhh my bad. LOL

Jason in LA
02-21-2009, 09:50 AM
I blame TJ for Mike being fired. Our season was fine till he moved the boob mojo thread to the butt.

QFT