PDA

View Full Version : Worst Contracts Ever?

nickademus
02-19-2009, 04:17 PM
while we have had some doozies I love that the Faid have 3 of the top ten worst contracts in NFL history. :rofl:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=contracts&sportCat=nfl

Hercules Rockefeller
02-19-2009, 04:22 PM
The Gardner contract was never as bad as everyone wants to make it. $5M guaranteed over 7 years is not terrible. You get into trouble where the guaranteed money is huge because that can really **** up the cap. A deal like Gardner's can easily be walked away from.

nickademus
02-19-2009, 04:24 PM
I hop was a pretty bad deal but it could of been worse didnt we give carter a pretty nice piece of change?

Br0nc0Buster
02-19-2009, 04:36 PM
The contract the Chiefs gave Larry Johnson could be up there.

He hasnt done **** since they payed him, except spit on women at da club

Br0nc0Buster
02-19-2009, 04:37 PM
What ever happened to David Boston anyways?

He went downhill real fast

I am assuming he was on roids or something, because he was huge

ohiobronco2
02-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Bentley shouldn't even be on this list. Injuries happen. He was an all pro before getting hurt.

BroncoMan4ever
02-19-2009, 06:27 PM
The Gardner contract was never as bad as everyone wants to make it. $5M guaranteed over 7 years is not terrible. You get into trouble where the guaranteed money is huge because that can really **** up the cap. A deal like Gardner's can easily be walked away from.

i don't think it is the money that was what pissed off a lot on this board with Gardner, i think it is more the fact that when he was signed there was so much hype about him that when he was released after a year he only played 5 games it just became a frenzy of WTF were we thinking with this guy.

~Crash~
02-19-2009, 07:14 PM
I think teams should put in certain clauses, that in oder to get this money . I think free rides should be gone.

DBroncos4life
02-19-2009, 07:21 PM

WRs that are to big to clap their own hands because they are too damn big are not coveted that much as they used to be.

Archer81
02-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Hall's contract with Oakland is possibly the worst one in a long time.

:Broncos:

BroncoMan4ever
02-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Hall's contract with Oakland is possibly the worst one in a long time.

:Broncos:

i'd rank Javon's as worse than Hall's. at least with Hall there was speculation that he was an elite corner, and he didn't have the injury history.

Javon was coming off of just being cut by Denver, his knee was basically gone, and they still paid him like a top 5 WR.

kappys
02-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Maybe I have a bias but few lists like that are complete without Dale Carter.

Killericon
02-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Nothing in the NFL comes close to the Barry Zito contract.

Broncosfreak_56
02-19-2009, 09:30 PM
How bout Tommy Kelly's 7 year, 50.5 mil contract with the Raiders?

Taco John
02-19-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't understand how Ryan Leaf didn't even get an honorable mention. When he signed, his four year deal was valued at over $30 million dollars, and he had received the largest signing bonus a rookie ever had (at the time) at $11.25 million. He threw thirteen interceptions and two TDs before he was benched in week ten in favor of Whelihan.

Taco John
02-19-2009, 09:43 PM
i don't think it is the money that was what pissed off a lot on this board with Gardner, i think it is more the fact that when he was signed there was so much hype about him that when he was released after a year he only played 5 games it just became a frenzy of WTF were we thinking with this guy.

It was nothing like the "BRING HIM IN" frenzy before we signed him though. The excitement and hype for Gardener was probably the most we've seen on this forum for a single defensive free agent. I can't recall a single doubter asking why we made the move until they were doing it in hind sight.

Wes Mantooth
02-19-2009, 10:10 PM

He made the front of ESPN magazine shortly after it was published. No one could figure out why he would only eat with his trainer privatley, why custom shoes were forced to be made that could compensate for his growing ankles and why he increased his hat size by several times.

strafen
02-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Dale Carter and Travis Henry...

gyldenlove
02-20-2009, 09:34 AM
How is Tommy Kelly not on that list?

crowebomber
02-20-2009, 11:28 AM
ESPn is blocked here at my work, but I'm wondering if Larry Brown is on that list. He was just a lunch pail cornerback who had a great superbowl and earned MVP and AL threw a huge contract at him. He played one year in Oakland before being let go.

gyldenlove
02-20-2009, 11:33 AM
ESPn is blocked here at my work, but I'm wondering if Larry Brown is on that list. He was just a lunch pail cornerback who had a great superbowl and earned MVP and AL threw a huge contract at him. He played one year in Oakland before being let go.

He is there

DBroncos4life
02-20-2009, 07:47 PM
How is Tommy Kelly not on that list?

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2008/alsheimers.htm

Do you even know who Tommy Kelly is? Of course I do it says right here he is one of the richest men in Oakland.

ColoradoDarin
02-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Nothing in the NFL comes close to the Barry Zito contract.

True, and worse, baseball contracts are guaranteed (add Mike Hampton to that list).