PDA

View Full Version : Rome "McLovin" McKid

HorseHead
02-19-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm sure some of you can't stand the guy, I actually find him entertaining. But Jim Rome had a cool little take on McDaniels.

"Brilliant move cutting the defensive dead wood....."

"Real good hire by the Broncos...."

Liked the fact that as opposed to telling guys there is open competetion, went ahead and started lopping heads....

This went down yetserday....

Kid A
02-19-2009, 10:05 AM
\Liked the fact that as opposed to telling guys there is open competetion, went ahead and started lopping heads....

Actually, I kind of like that too. Instead of going the passive aggressive, "nice guy" route (everyone will have a shot going into camp), he sent a decisive message about the future of the defense. No time for games, we're rebuilding NOW.

no-pseudo-fan
02-19-2009, 11:05 AM
That is the easiest way to get peoples attention. That's how you do it. If robbing a bank, hit the first person that is slow responding to you in the nose with the butt of your gun.

tsiguy96
02-19-2009, 11:06 AM
That is the easiest way to get peoples attention. That's how you do it. If robbing a bank, hit the first person that is slow responding to you in the nose with the butt of your gun.

because you have so much experience robbing banks.

no-pseudo-fan
02-19-2009, 11:19 AM

Maybe. Or Maybe it is from Reservour Dogs

Mr. White: When you're dealing with a store like this, they're insured up the @$$. They're not supposed to give you any resistance whatsoever. If you get a customer, or an employee, who thinks he's Charles Bronson, take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in. Everybody jumps. He falls down screaming, blood squirts out of his nose, nobody says f***ing s*** after that. You might get some (lady) talk s*** to you, but give her a look like you're gonna smash her in the face next, watch her shut the f*** up. Now if it's a manager, that's a different story. Managers know better than to f*** around, so if you get one that's giving you static, he probably thinks he's a real cowboy, so you gotta break that son of a b**** in two. If you wanna know something and he won't tell you, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb's next. After that he'll tell you if he wears ladies underwear. I'm hungry. Let's get a taco.

bronco_diesel
02-19-2009, 11:22 AM

that was pretty funny! rep.

Dukes
02-19-2009, 11:23 AM

LOL

Garcia Bronco
02-19-2009, 11:28 AM
We went from rebuilding mode to rebuilding mode. Like I said last month. Coach should have been fired two years ago or a year from now.

Garcia Bronco
02-19-2009, 11:30 AM

You don't have to be a bank robber to understand the point of an "attention getter".

Dedhed
02-19-2009, 11:31 AM
I love the fact that they aren't tender-footing around the issues on that side of the ball. They're cutting losses, and saving money to get the type of players they want in the system. I love it.

supermanhr9
02-19-2009, 11:41 AM
I love that he came in and said, piss off, if I don't think your my guy, you're out. I'm a huge shanahan fan but mickey d has me lovin it lately

~Crash~
02-19-2009, 11:43 AM
We went from rebuilding mode to rebuilding mode. Like I said last month. Coach should have been fired two years ago or a year from now.

Generic as that was . It was spot on.

chaz
02-19-2009, 12:04 PM

Completely agree...either fire Mike before rebuilding or let him finish...didn't help to start over halfway thru

BroncoMan4ever
02-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Actually, I kind of like that too. Instead of going the passive aggressive, "nice guy" route (everyone will have a shot going into camp), he sent a decisive message about the future of the defense. No time for games, we're rebuilding NOW.

i agree. it sends out a message that no one is safe in this new regime. if you aren't cutting it, you will be looking for work.

i like the fact that McDaniels isn't coming in trying to be friends with the players, he came in, claimed his territory and is laying down the law on what his team will be about.

BroncoMan4ever
02-19-2009, 01:36 PM

yes but you can't be rebuilding 3 straight seasons. you are supposed to rebuild, have the trasition phase where your new toys begin to gel and then your team is complete with the exclusion of yearly maintenance.

Shanahan built an offense, and been trying to build the defense for years. Every year he brings in some defensive help, and was like well that didn't work, let me rebuild again, next season, well that didn;t work let me rebuild again.