Some pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/AskScott/archive/2-18-2009.php

_Oro_
02-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Beanie may run a 4.3 40.
Maybin looks like a stud.

http://media.coveritlive.com/media/image/200902/T7XMz7Z9xr_thumb_aaron-maybin.jpg

Workout warrior, he prolly sucks. :)

rugbythug
02-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Where did you get my picture?

brother love
02-18-2009, 12:59 PM
As a Penn State fan I hope that Maybin does well in the Pros.
I didn't realize that he was that put together though. Damn!
He'd be a good rush end/ outside linebacker.
He is damn fast coming off the edge.

chaz
02-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Jarron Gilbert:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rXDSPbZ_OUw&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rXDSPbZ_OUw&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

_Oro_
02-18-2009, 01:09 PM

You might want to work on slimming that beer belly down...

gyldenlove
02-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Maybin is not ready for prime time yet. He needs to add a lot of playing strength, he will get manhandled in the pros.

I think he will be a really good pickup for a good 3-4 team like Pittsburgh, New England or Baltimore who can have him riding the pine for a year while he adjusts and then work him in.

goldengopher1976
02-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Interestingly, he compared Aaron Curry to a better version of D.J. Williams. The implication seemed to be that he thought a lot of D.J. It also made me wonder if he would think them too similar for Curry to be a good fit in Denver.

So much speculation...

mattob14
02-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Some of those comments make me wonder if #12 may be a hot spot for trade activity. Sanchez, Freeman, and the OT's may all be targets at that point. I'd love to see us leverage that choice and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick, without dropping down too far in round 1.

Mediator12
02-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Some of those comments make me wonder if #12 may be a hot spot for trade activity. Sanchez, Freeman, and the OT's may all be targets at that point. I'd love to see us leverage that choice and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick, without dropping down too far in round 1.

That is too hard to tell at this point, but WAS, NO, and HOU do not need QB's, so there is no way someone would trade up that high to select in front of them. OT, maybe. This is a real Talented Group of OT's again, but how deep is it really? I keep hearing conflicting views after the first 3 which realistically should be gone before 12. What WILL influence this is who drops unexpectedly out of the top 10. IMHO the top tier group ends right about 12 guys and someone invariably free falls. That might be the only leverage DEN really has.

NFLBRONCO
02-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Any chance Harvin vaults to top 11?

Paladin
02-18-2009, 10:16 PM
http://media.coveritlive.com/media/image/200902/T7XMz7Z9xr_thumb_aaron-maybin.jpg

Workout warrior, he prolly sucks. :)

Which one is he?

chaz
02-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Interestingly, he compared Aaron Curry to a better version of D.J. Williams. The implication seemed to be that he thought a lot of D.J. It also made me wonder if he would think them too similar for Curry to be a good fit in Denver.

So much speculation...

Worry not, Curry will be a top 5 pick so the Broncos don't need to worry about it.

Mediator12
02-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Any chance Harvin vaults to top 11?

Yes. He could be sub 4.3 and his medical could be outstanding. His interviews should be good as well so he definitely could jump up that high.

mattob14
02-19-2009, 05:18 PM
That is too hard to tell at this point, but WAS, NO, and HOU do not need QB's, so there is no way someone would trade up that high to select in front of them. OT, maybe. This is a real Talented Group of OT's again, but how deep is it really? I keep hearing conflicting views after the first 3 which realistically should be gone before 12. What WILL influence this is who drops unexpectedly out of the top 10. IMHO the top tier group ends right about 12 guys and someone invariably free falls. That might be the only leverage DEN really has.

I have a feeling the success of rookie OT's the last 2 years may push their value higher this year. I've gotta say, the further along the process goes, I'm starting to see a close pack of defenders that I wouldn't mind having, but I'm not sure I love the value of any of them at #12. If we could slide down a bit, add another pick in the 2nd or 3rd and kill two birds with one stone, I'd be a lot more comfortable with our situation.

bpc
02-19-2009, 05:44 PM

i'm hoping that a upper-echelon OT falls to us at that spot and we can leverage the ish out of PHilly. A low 1st rounder and a second rounder would fit me just fine as long as the points match up.

If we come away with Tyson Jackson, Jaron Gilbert, or Paul Kruger, any combo of those guys, i'll be extremely happy. Throw in a LB or secondary player of your choice with the other pick and i'll be elated. It's all about building up the 3-4 now. We can spend money on the back seven in FA, and draft for the front seven.

bpc
02-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Maybin is not ready for prime time yet. He needs to add a lot of playing strength, he will get manhandled in the pros.

I think he will be a really good pickup for a good 3-4 team like Pittsburgh, New England or Baltimore who can have him riding the pine for a year while he adjusts and then work him in.

I haven't gotten to watch a ton of film on Maybin but there is something about him which is reminding me of Jason Taylor when he came out. NOBODY gave Jason Taylor a shot to really succeed on the next level. Too lean, too skinny, not strong enough.

I think the guy has really produced early in his career and he still has the chance to get bigger and stronger while keeping his quickness. He could be a beast coming off the edge in a 3-4.

elsid13
02-19-2009, 05:54 PM
I haven't gotten to watch a ton of film on Maybin but there is something about him which is reminding me of Jason Taylor when he came out. NOBODY gave Jason Taylor a shot to really succeed on the next level. Too lean, too skinny, not strong enough.

I think the guy has really produced early in his career and he still has the chance to get bigger and stronger while keeping his quickness. He could be a beast coming off the edge in a 3-4.

I will be extremely interested to see how many times he can press the 225. Because the knock on him is that he is extremely weak. In fact during the rose bowl Brett Meisenberger basically said that he would be stupid to come out because he need to spend another year or two in the weight room.

mattob14
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
i'm hoping that a upper-echelon OT falls to us at that spot and we can leverage the ish out of PHilly. A low 1st rounder and a second rounder would fit me just fine as long as the points match up.

If we come away with Tyson Jackson, Jaron Gilbert, or Paul Kruger, any combo of those guys, i'll be extremely happy. Throw in a LB or secondary player of your choice with the other pick and i'll be elated. It's all about building up the 3-4 now. We can spend money on the back seven in FA, and draft for the front seven.

Philly is the team I'd target for a trade as well. We could move from 12 to 21 and also pick up #53. We'd lose 30 points in value, which is pretty inconsequential. At 21, I think we'd still have a shot at a good OLB, with Cushing, Maybin, and English as possibilities. The NFL.com mock even had Brown available at that point. I wouldn't write off Maualuga or Tyson Jackson at that point either.

Detroit is another team with a slew of early round picks and, if they do reverse course and select Stafford, I could see them making a move up for an OT to protect him. Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Otah, and Smith/Oher would be a pretty nice base to build around offensively.

SpringStein
02-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Yes. He could be sub 4.3 and his medical could be outstanding. His interviews should be good as well so he definitely could jump up that high.

How's that? He's considered an egomaniac and a poor teammate.

BroncoMan4ever
02-20-2009, 10:03 PM

is that you in the green? you better ask Maybin for some workout advice

BroncoMan4ever
02-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Philly is the team I'd target for a trade as well. We could move from 12 to 21 and also pick up #53. We'd lose 30 points in value, which is pretty inconsequential. At 21, I think we'd still have a shot at a good OLB, with Cushing, Maybin, and English as possibilities. The NFL.com mock even had Brown available at that point. I wouldn't write off Maualuga or Tyson Jackson at that point either.

Detroit is another team with a slew of early round picks and, if they do reverse course and select Stafford, I could see them making a move up for an OT to protect him. Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Otah, and Smith/Oher would be a pretty nice base to build around offensively.

i really think we are primed to get really good value for our number 12 pick. i would be stoked if we traded back to 21 with Phily and got either Tyson Jackson or Cushing there. it would be awesome for us.

mattob14
02-21-2009, 09:43 AM
i really think we are primed to get really good value for our number 12 pick. i would be stoked if we traded back to 21 with Phily and got either Tyson Jackson or Cushing there. it would be awesome for us.

I hope we get value out of that pick. There are a lot of players I'd like to pick up this year (Brown, Orakpo, Maybin, English, Maualuga, Cushing, Jackson all fit the bill), but none of them really stand out to me at #12. The only exception would be Curry, but that's not gonna happen. If we could move down, add an extra selection, and still grab one of the guys I listed, I'd consider that a successful day one.

ohiobronco2
02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
4:21 [Comment From Guest]
Brady Quinn, Jay Cutler, or Matt Stafford? Who is/was the better prospect?
4:21 Scott Wright: Brady Quinn, followed by Stafford then Cutler in my book.

SoDak Bronco
02-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Beanie may run a 4.3 40.
Maybin looks like a stud.

Wow he was way off on this comment

ohiobronco2
02-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Wow he was way off on this comment

Without a doubt. I never really thought that was possible, but I expected a mid 4.4.

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 01:44 AM
Without a doubt. I never really thought that was possible, but I expected a mid 4.4.

I bet Beanie Wells will run a mid 4.4 at Ohio State's pro day.

Broncoman13
02-26-2009, 06:00 AM
Something is off with Beanie Wells' 40 time. It just doesn't add up. He is obviously explosive (10'8" broad jump) but his 40 time didn't match up. I with SSJ, he'll likely run faster during his pro day. Either way though, the only thing you need to ask yourself if you're thinking about drafting him is this, is he fast enough to run through a hole at the LOS. In the 2nd level his game is not speed, it's power and a nasty stiff arm that would make most guys in the NFL blush!

cmhargrove
02-26-2009, 07:21 AM
Something is off with Beanie Wells' 40 time. It just doesn't add up. He is obviously explosive (10'8" broad jump) but his 40 time didn't match up. I with SSJ, he'll likely run faster during his pro day. Either way though, the only thing you need to ask yourself if you're thinking about drafting him is this, is he fast enough to run through a hole at the LOS. In the 2nd level his game is not speed, it's power and a nasty stiff arm that would make most guys in the NFL blush!

Vision is the great equalizer.

Tatum had 4.3 speed, but ran into the asses of the O-linemen = fail.

TD had 4.7 speed and great vision = league MVP.

I'll take good speed and great vision anyday.

ohiobronco2
02-26-2009, 07:27 AM
I bet Beanie Wells will run a mid 4.4 at Ohio State's pro day.

Without a doubt. I think many forget that last years track was faster at the combine. But at the same time, the track is supposed to be too fast at OSU. His true 40 will most likely be somewhere in between. He seems faster with the football in his hands anyway, still will be a great pickup for somebody in this draft.