PDA

View Full Version : totally off topic,,, but need help

supermanhr9
02-18-2009, 05:53 AM
What's the best filtration system you can get for a turtle?

Now something Bronco related, with every cut I'm getting more and more excited. See ya bly, piss off Niko,, please let Boss be next!!

Dukes
02-18-2009, 06:35 AM
Where are you Dortoh? Ha!

Beantown Bronco
02-18-2009, 07:03 AM
3rd thread in the last week about turtles......

Do we have a new unofficial OMane mascot or what?

Kaylore
02-18-2009, 07:03 AM
Another turtle thread?

Hotrod
02-18-2009, 08:08 AM
The key I've found is get a filter system that is atleast 2 times bigger then the tank you are using. Then feed natural food goldfish etc not the pellet crap. Also if you put gravel or little rocks in the bottom of your tank your screwed get them out of there. Then change about 1/2 of the water out every 3rd day. Also clean the tank once a month with white vinger. Also with the rocks out of the bottom of the tank use a little fish net to get the poop out. You will most likely have to use pellets for some feeding but get any uneaten pellets out ASAP as they **** up the water badly
Do that and your turtle will be clean and wont stink you out of the house.

The Mustard cut was bull****

Rohirrim
02-18-2009, 08:17 AM
They cut Mustard?! Damn. There goes our Lombardi.

supermanhr9
02-18-2009, 09:15 AM
The key I've found is get a filter system that is atleast 2 times bigger then the tank you are using. Then feed natural food goldfish etc not the pellet crap. Also if you put gravel or little rocks in the bottom of your tank your screwed get them out of there. Then change about 1/2 of the water out every 3rd day. Also clean the tank once a month with white vinger. Also with the rocks out of the bottom of the tank use a little fish net to get the poop out. You will most likely have to use pellets for some feeding but get any uneaten pellets out ASAP as they **** up the water badly
Do that and your turtle will be clean and wont stink you out of the house.

The Mustard cut was bull****

what about one of those filters that are on the bottom of the tank? Thanks for all the advice, will do. I had an inclination the pellets were messing stuff up. However it's a hassle to be continously buying goldfish, what else can you feed them?

Man, why would we go and cut Mustard? He has a spot in the HOF just waiting

Peoples Champ
02-18-2009, 09:22 AM
I have asked Rafeal and Donatello, they told me to ask Michaelangelo. I still cant get a solid answer, I was thinking Turtle Power 10,000.

Hotrod
02-18-2009, 09:24 AM
what about one of those filters that are on the bottom of the tank? Thanks for all the advice, will do. I had an inclination the pellets were messing stuff up. However it's a hassle to be continously buying goldfish, what else can you feed them?

Man, why would we go and cut Mustard? He has a spot in the HOF just waiting

The thing I'm trying is putting about 12 goldfish in about once a week. Then every night I put in only the amount of pellets he will eat and take out any uneaten ones. That seems to help slow him on the goldfish.

I think they can eat vegs and stuff but i'm not really sure.

I think the big thing that has made the biggest difference for me is getting the poop out as soon as I can and not leaving extra pellets in the tank.

Obviously I'm not going to get gold fish everyweek so I'll just try and never leave uneaten pellets in the tank.

As far as filters I use one that hangs over the outside of the tank it seems to work pretty well. I think the key is making sure the filter is designed for atleast twice the tank size you are using.

Rohirrim
02-18-2009, 09:25 AM
http://www.gumbopages.com/food/soups/turtle-soup.html

supermanhr9
02-18-2009, 09:42 AM
cool will try the poop extraction technique. And my buddy woudl flip if I cooked his turtle!