PDA

View Full Version : Any Love for Ramses Barden?

cmhargrove
02-16-2009, 03:16 PM
I was just remembering this guy with the combine approaching. I watched him in the State farm College Skills Competition and thought he was a TE or D-End or something - the due is just a monster. I think he is 6'6" and about 230 lbs.

Anyway, I don't know if he will be at the combine, but watch this kid, he's a freak. He is kind of like B-Marsh, but bigger. He can sky for the jump ball, and can break tackles.

Anyone follow Ramses Barden from Cal Poly?

Broncos_OTM
02-16-2009, 04:08 PM
I was just remembering this guy with the combine approaching. I watched him in the State farm College Skills Competition and thought he was a TE or D-End or something - the due is just a monster. I think he is 6'6" and about 230 lbs.

Anyway, I don't know if he will be at the combine, but watch this kid, he's a freak. He is kind of like B-Marsh, but bigger. He can sky for the jump ball, and can break tackles.

Anyone follow Ramses Barden from Cal Poly?

Hes a inch taller then Marsh. I seen on a team board some guy thought they could steal him in the seventh. i almost died laughing

ludo21
02-16-2009, 04:24 PM
He did nothing at the Senior Bowl and will probably be a project in the NFL, but he has the ability to be very good.

Id take a late round flyer on him. He may shoot up the board at the combine though.

skpac1001
02-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Does anyone have an idea of the type of wr McDaniels might be looking for? I can't really see a pattern in the Pats receivers. The pats don't go all small fast receivers like the colts (besides Welker), but they don't go for west coast possesion recievers either, at least as far as I can tell. I was looking at Barden, but I have no idea what to look for in terms of the new system.

BroncoMan4ever
02-16-2009, 06:58 PM
i think he could be a really good receiver, but he is still a little raw, but his measurables are going to end up making him a 4th rounder.

BroncoMan4ever
02-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Does anyone have an idea of the type of wr McDaniels might be looking for? I can't really see a pattern in the Pats receivers. The pats don't go all small fast receivers like the colts (besides Welker), but they don't go for west coast possesion recievers either, at least as far as I can tell. I was looking at Barden, but I have no idea what to look for in terms of the new system.

the Pats don't really have a set type of receivers they prefer that i have noticed, in my eyes they just like hard workers who don't drop the ball.

Cecil Lammey
02-16-2009, 09:05 PM
He's working out in L.A. at Elite Athletics with my good friend Travelle Gaines. Check out our Senior Bowl reports for more info! http://draftguys.com

Greg Lee came in as an injury replacement at the Senior Bowl and immediately looked better. Ramses just didn't fight for the ball enough, plus he is not sudden off the line or in and out of his breaks.

gyldenlove
02-17-2009, 08:29 AM
I see him as a 4th round pick right now, and a good one at that. If you have time and patience with him I think he can become a very dangerous player. He clearly has excellent physical and athletic ability, if he gets his hands and head into the game he can be a weapon, on the other hand there is always a question mark with guys like this because they have to improve very quickly to not wash out.

DBroncos4life
02-17-2009, 10:35 AM

did anyone ever stop and think that maybe McDaniels might not clone the Pats to a T?

elsid13
02-17-2009, 02:21 PM
did anyone ever stop and think that maybe McDaniels might not clone the Pats to a T?

I expect will see a system similar to what was run out of Carolina and NE in the passing game, with mix of Denver ZBS.

elsid13
02-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I see him as a 4th round pick right now, and a good one at that. If you have time and patience with him I think he can become a very dangerous player. He clearly has excellent physical and athletic ability, if he gets his hands and head into the game he can be a weapon, on the other hand there is always a question mark with guys like this because they have to improve very quickly to not wash out.

I see him as another Marshall. I think he has chance to be that good.

BroncoMan4ever
02-17-2009, 04:44 PM
I expect will see a system similar to what was run out of Carolina and NE in the passing game, with mix of Denver ZBS.

i was thinking our offense would be more of a power running like in Carolina, with a wide open passing game.

basically i envision something more in line with our passing game last season combined with Carolina style power running in the Broncos ZBS.

skpac1001
02-17-2009, 04:51 PM

Well I don't see many other places to look for a clue to what McDaniels looks for in a receiver. If you have any ideas other then "we will see" I would love to hear it.

Requiem
02-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Saw him in person a few years ago when Cal Poly came up to play NDSU. He is gigantic. He'd be a fantastic redzone target. Definitely a project though.

cmhargrove
02-19-2009, 02:17 PM
I had to post the pic - pretty hilarious...