PDA

View Full Version : guess were I found the NFL Shield today

~Crash~
02-16-2009, 12:18 PM
guess were I found the NFL Shield today ?

hit link it will bring a smile to you face:thumbs:

http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/aafltour1.php

this is a happy day .;D

Kaylore
02-16-2009, 12:23 PM
That would be cool if that became the NFL's farm system. It appears they have a deal in place to make it their farm system for the ref's right now. That's one thing NFL needs. Some good players were stars in NFLEurope.

Broncos_OTM
02-16-2009, 12:38 PM
and alot of players that might take a few years to mature. It would have been wise for the NFL to put their stamp on it. it would have been extra revune. and would have really added something for us fans to do while it is the offseason

~Crash~
02-16-2009, 12:39 PM
after hitting all the links I am not so happy they look broke IMO.

~Crash~
02-16-2009, 12:41 PM
I was hoping this would work out . it still might ....I was looking forward to going to games ...

Kaylore
02-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Where do you live, crash?

~Crash~
02-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Where do you live, crash?

Right now Arkansas but I been thinking of moving back to Idaho.

Kaylore
02-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Well for your sake I hope this league starts. As it looks right now they are going to be aborted in the womb.

~Crash~
02-16-2009, 02:56 PM
yep I wrote them an email but after looking at the dates you are right gone....crap

Hogan11
02-17-2009, 02:49 AM
Well, it certainly isn't the best of times for a new league to launch itself....that and the fact that it plans to place a franchise in Alabama is almost a sure sign of failure even before it begins. Too bad too, as I really like the idea of a spring football league (real football, not that arena league stuff).

Arkie
02-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Go Team Arkansas!
http://www.oursportscentral.com/images/teams/aaflteamak.gif

~Crash~
02-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Well, it certainly isn't the best of times for a new league to launch itself....that and the fact that it plans to place a franchise in Alabama is almost a sure sign of failure even before it begins. Too bad too, as I really like the idea of a spring football league (real football, not that arena league stuff).

Alabama should have an NFL team it is a pile of crap they don't have one ! birmingham stallions sold out ever game 80'000 fans a game .

~Crash~
02-17-2009, 10:19 AM
I think they should go for it any ways I think the people will show up . these states are football crazy.

Hogan11
02-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Alabama should have an NFL team it is a pile of crap they don't have one ! birmingham stallions sold out ever game 80'000 fans a game .

Every league that has had a franchise in Alabama has failed. You name it: WFL, WLAF, USFL, XFL, AFL....did I leave any out?

Like Memphis TN, somehow, someway placing a pro-football franchise there is the kiss of death.

~Crash~
02-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Kind of strange.

DBroncos4life
02-17-2009, 11:05 AM
lol if you put a team in Nebraska and fill it with former Huskers people might go watch the games there.

GreatBronco16
02-17-2009, 12:58 PM

I would love to have a pro team here in Bama. But it will never happen. This is a college state and allways will be. :(

Arkie
02-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Auburn vs. Alabama is a great rivalry, and it's definitely a football state. Team Alabama would be mostly Tide and Auburn Tigers anyway. Plus, the state doesn't have any real professional competition. It's a good place for a football team. They just haven't found a good league yet.

Hogan11
02-17-2009, 09:02 PM
I would love to have a pro team here in Bama. But it will never happen. This is a college state and allways will be. :(

Well Crash is right, the fans there have supported every team that's been placed in Birmingham full force...be it the Birmingham Americans/Vulcans of the old WFL to the XFL's Birmingham Bolts, the gate numbers have been there.....but the perception is that college rules that state and always will.

Anywhoo, much like Memphis, the city carries the stigma of failure.

~Crash~
02-18-2009, 08:23 AM
The AAFL is currently temporarily suspended as we continue to secure the proper funding to kick-off the League. At this time, I cannot give you a timeframe on when we plan to move forward. Realistically, with the current state of the economy, I would speculate we might kick-off in spring 2010. I am going to keep your contact information, and at the appropriate time, I will notify you on next steps.

You can also visit www.aafl.com for any updates on the League as well. If you know anyone who is interested in investing in the AAFL, please pass along my contact information.

Thank you for your interest in the AAFL,

Matt Basta

Chief Marketing Officer

All American Football League

Here is what I got from the guy trying to get get this going..... not good

~Crash~
02-18-2009, 08:27 AM
I wounder what amount of money it would take from us fans to get them up and running the players are playing for peanuts .love of game .

you know $20 a person and be part owners like the fudge packers .....lol

Hogan11
02-18-2009, 08:48 AM
With the economy in the tank, it's nothing short of crazy to try to start a new league up...the idea is quite fanciful even during the best of times.