PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Roehl (RB/FB)

elsid13
02-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Wondering if anyone has any insight on him. I think Req goes to NDSU so I am hoping for some more detials. What his on field speed look like? Does he have the ability to play at the next level. I like the video on him, seem to have good hands and nice burst.

He had a good year
GP GS ATT Gain Loss Net APC TD LNG AYG
Tyler Roehl 11-10 171 1075 22 1053 6.2 13 80 95.7

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-GNk8EDKFCw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-GNk8EDKFCw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Elway777
02-16-2009, 02:34 PM
I really like him and would take him in the 7 round. I think Hillis and Roelh are vary simalar.

elsid13
03-28-2009, 01:55 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

North Dakota State:

RB Tyler Roehl (5-9 3/4, 233 pounds) turned in times of 4.53 and 4.55 in the 40 with a 30-inch vertical and an 8-foot, 10-inch broad jump. He had a 4.20 short shuttle and a 7.28 three-cone time, with 30 reps on the bench.

elsid13
03-28-2009, 01:56 PM
If Shanahan was here, I would call Roehl a late day pick for Denver.

Requiem
03-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Roehl is a gamer. After coming to NDSU to play FB, injuries and opportunity allowed him to take the starting tailback job not this past year, but the year before and he didin't disappoint. I think he's a prospect that could get drafted, but it wouldn't be until very late. He can be a "Roehl" player in the NFL, but that is about it. (IMHO)

He runs hard and with authority, but he's a little hesistant sometimes, and his vision is a little questionable in my opinion. He misses some pretty big holes. He doesn't give up though. As far as his speed, he is pretty darn fast on the field. Timing in the 4.5's is a little surprising to me, I thought he'd time lower -- but he has a decent second gear on the field. It's good enough to play in the NFL; that's for sure.

His hands out of the backfield are average, even though he did excellent at his Pro Day. (Didn't drop any passes, I guess.) He drops some catchable balls. A true grinder, he'll give it his all. He's a late-round prospect though; worth a look there -- pending other talent on board.

The Broncos were present at the Pro Day here.

Requiem
03-28-2009, 02:29 PM
03/24/09 - North Dakota State Pro day: From talking to others and from my own eyes, running back Tyler Roehl, receiver Kole Heckendorf and safety Nick Schommer were the most impressive for the scouts. One scout had Heckendorf at a 4.33 in the 40. I had him at 4.4 and I'm still a little skeptical of a 4.33, but somewhere around 4.4 flat seems more realistic. Roehl benched 225 pounds 30 times and until the last few, made it look like it was a plastic bar. Perhaps only somebody like offensive lineman Austin Richard of the current Bison players get in the 30 range. The downside to Roehl's measurables was an 8-10 in the standing long jump. "I've never been a jumper," he said. The NFL teams represented were the Redskins, Packers, Vikings, Chiefs, Jaguars, Broncos, Colts, Eagles, Giants, Chargers and Steelers. Roehl looked very powerful in the "L drill" run and was verdy fluid in catching passes during the skills session. I don't think he dropped one. I clocked him at 4.4 in the 40, although he says it was more like a 4.5 from what he was told. Heckendorf certainly didn't drop a pass in the skills portion. - Bison Media, Area Voices

BroncoMan4ever
03-28-2009, 03:17 PM
i don't understand why Hillis is a possiblility on the trade block if we are looking at a guy with almost the same skill set in this years draft.

elsid13
03-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Roehl is a gamer. After coming to NDSU to play FB, injuries and opportunity allowed him to take the starting tailback job not this past year, but the year before and he didin't disappoint. I think he's a prospect that could get drafted, but it wouldn't be until very late. He can be a "Roehl" player in the NFL, but that is about it. (IMHO)

He runs hard and with authority, but he's a little hesistant sometimes, and his vision is a little questionable in my opinion. He misses some pretty big holes. He doesn't give up though. As far as his speed, he is pretty darn fast on the field. Timing in the 4.5's is a little surprising to me, I thought he'd time lower -- but he has a decent second gear on the field. It's good enough to play in the NFL; that's for sure.

His hands out of the backfield are average, even though he did excellent at his Pro Day. (Didn't drop any passes, I guess.) He drops some catchable balls. A true grinder, he'll give it his all. He's a late-round prospect though; worth a look there -- pending other talent on board.

The Broncos were present at the Pro Day here.

Thanks. When I started this thread a while ago I was wondering about his vision. I think with Turner one cut and go he might be a good short yardage back with power that could come in add give Denver 5 to 6 carries a game to start.

Elway777
03-29-2009, 02:31 AM
If he is available in the 6 or 7 then I would think about drafting him.

Requiem
03-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks. When I started this thread a while ago I was wondering about his vision. I think with Turner one cut and go he might be a good short yardage back with power that could come in add give Denver 5 to 6 carries a game to start.

I think he could be used in the same role New England utilized BenJarvis Green last year. He's worth a look in the final rounds. . . pending talent on board I'd say.

worm
03-29-2009, 08:44 AM
i don't understand why Hillis is a possiblility on the trade block if we are looking at a guy with almost the same skill set in this years draft.

Because he has the scarlet 'MS' letters on his jersey.

Denver724
03-29-2009, 08:50 AM
03/24/09 - North Dakota State Pro day: From talking to others and from my own eyes, running back Tyler Roehl, receiver Kole Heckendorf and safety Nick Schommer were the most impressive for the scouts. One scout had Heckendorf at a 4.33 in the 40. I had him at 4.4 and I'm still a little skeptical of a 4.33, but somewhere around 4.4 flat seems more realistic. Roehl benched 225 pounds 30 times and until the last few, made it look like it was a plastic bar. Perhaps only somebody like offensive lineman Austin Richard of the current Bison players get in the 30 range. The downside to Roehl's measurables was an 8-10 in the standing long jump. "I've never been a jumper," he said. The NFL teams represented were the Redskins, Packers, Vikings, Chiefs, Jaguars, Broncos, Colts, Eagles, Giants, Chargers and Steelers. Roehl looked very powerful in the "L drill" run and was verdy fluid in catching passes during the skills session. I don't think he dropped one. I clocked him at 4.4 in the 40, although he says it was more like a 4.5 from what he was told. Heckendorf certainly didn't drop a pass in the skills portion. - Bison Media, Area Voices

Where did you get this info?

Requiem
03-29-2009, 10:22 AM
NFLDraftScout, who got it from BMAV. It is legit.

s0phr0syne
06-03-2009, 12:30 PM
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2009/6/3/897513/down-goes-roehl

Tough break for Roehl, looks like he tore his ACL in non-contact drills (kickoff ST).

missingnumber7
06-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Will this get him put on the IR?