PDA

View Full Version : Relationship advice on Vday

Peoples Champ
02-14-2009, 10:55 AM
I am just wondering the OMANE's opinion is. I have never gotten a good answer from friends or any girls.

What is better if you really like a girl and dont want to mess it up?

1) Become friends or good friends first, then go for the girl? Move slow and not rush things to mess it up

2) Skip friends and go for it, you dont wanna get trapped into that I love you like a brother mode.

Post opinions.

BizzyBone7
02-14-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm actually going through this now too, and i don't think theres an actual answer. Ive been through both and i found number 2 actually works better sometimes. But sometimes its better to be friends first, especially if the girl is a bit apprehensive.

SouthStndJunkie
02-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Bang her right and leave her coming back for more.

The super nice guy/friend routine only goes so far....eventually it comes down to giving it to them right.

Chicks like sex every bit as much as dudes.

SouthStndJunkie
02-14-2009, 11:13 AM
I guess what I am saying is to forget option 1.

Broncochica
02-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Either one depending on the individual you are dating!:)

Miss I.
02-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Either one depending on the indiviual you are dating!:)

Yep.

BizzyBone7
02-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Either one depending on the indiviual you are dating!:)

What is your preferred method, may i ask?

~Crash~
02-14-2009, 11:29 AM
2) why waste your time

I tryed 1) untile I got tired of wasting my time ! Don't wast your time yes or no.

Peoples Champ
02-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Bang her right and leave her coming back for more.

The super nice guy/friend routine only goes so far....eventually it comes down to giving it to them right.

Chicks like sex every bit as much as dudes.

I was hoping people were leaning towards this, hahaha,

I have tried both ways, and failed both. Just wonderin on this next girl what should I do

Steve Prefontaine
1 and 2 have both worked out for me.

I will say this...if you go option #1, you may run into the situation where the girl might like you as more than friends, but becomes afraid to tell you.
For example, I asked a girl out once in college. She basically declined but we became friends after I got over my ego. I still always liked her more than friends, but I had been shot down and didn't want it to happen again. Apparently after becoming friends she really liked me (in a let's bang sort of way) but was afraid of being turned down. It sucked finding this out years later.

Anyway, if you do with option #1, make your intentions known. Even in a subtle way by flirting or whatever.

Ok, now I sound ghey and I'm annoying myself. Good luck with the situation.

~Crash~
Besides how many time you meet a girl and never ask here and never see her again .

Steve Prefontaine
02-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Besides how many time you meet a girl and never ask here and never see her again .
Of course, but I think we're under the assumption that PC knows this girl for a bit now. Not just met her in a bar last night.

BizzyBone7
02-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Anyway, if you do with option #1, make your intentions known. Even in a subtle way by flirting or whatever.

I agree. Thats key, like I sent a girl i was interested in flowers for V-Day, but at the same time I'm keeping a little bit of a distance. If that makes sense.

Broncochica
02-14-2009, 11:33 AM

LOL I'll plead the fifth on this one! Ha!

Peoples Champ
02-14-2009, 11:34 AM
1 and 2 have both worked out for me.

I will say this...if you go option #1, you may run into the situation where the girl might like you as more than friends, but becomes afraid to tell you.
For example, I asked a girl out once in college. She basically declined but we became friends after I got over my ego. I still always liked her more than friends, but I had been shot down and didn't want it to happen again. Apparently after becoming friends she really liked me (in a let's bang sort of way) but was afraid of being turned down. It sucked finding this out years later.

I read you, I want to get straight to it with option 2, but this girl is a independent party girl, and i think bombing her with i like you stuff will freak her out.

I think I will continue with the party friend / flirty mode unless she shows some obvious signs of wanting serious dating.

Florida_Bronco
02-14-2009, 11:34 AM
I would never try to become friends with a girl I wanted to date. It's just bad policy.

If you want to date someone, you need to ask them out and make it very clear that it's a date.

Peoples Champ
02-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Of course, but I think we're under the assumption that PC knows this girl for a bit now. Not just met her in a bar last night.

Thats correct, partied a bunch, but last weekend had conversations sober at a bar shooting pool.

Peoples Champ
02-14-2009, 11:38 AM
plus there is a second girl too, that throws a curveball into it.

She is my second draft pick, but only because she plays games. She had the chance to be the number 1 overall pick, but screwed it up. Anyways. I am leaving right now to hang out with the 2nd draft pick as just friends. Tonight will be the number 1 draft pick. I am getting her flowers for her and all her single friends. That way I dont freak her out.

crazyhorse
02-14-2009, 11:40 AM
I am just wondering the OMANE's opinion is. I have never gotten a good answer from friends or any girls.

1) Become friends or good friends first, then go for the girl? Move slow and not rush things to mess it up

2) Skip friends and go for it, you dont wanna get trapped into that I love you like a brother mode.

Post opinions.

I say #2. G for it.

If you dont, then you get to be buddies and watch someone else treat them like crap, and be the person they come to fopr advice.

If you beocme friends 1st, then become lovers. More often than not you wont be friendes afterwards if it dont work out. So the whole friend thing is over rated if your intentions are to date them.

Listen if what you want is to date, then stick it out there.

Peoples Champ
02-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks all for Advice. I know I can count on Broncos fans to lead me in the right direction.

Im out.

crazyhorse
02-14-2009, 11:46 AM

She is my second draft pick, but only because she plays games. She had the chance to be the number 1 overall pick, but screwed it up. Anyways. I am leaving right now to hang out with the 2nd draft pick as just friends. Tonight will be the number 1 draft pick. I am getting her flowers for her and all her single friends. That way I dont freak her out.

If you buy her and all her frieds flowers.....you'll freak her out. You said in one sentence draft pick #2 plays too many games. Then go on to describe the "game" you'll be playing buying all those flowers.

Just sack up and go for it.

Taco John
02-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Go for number 2 and number one should happen naturally from there.

Inkana7
02-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Note: AVOID THE FRIEND ZONE AT ALL COSTS

TheDave
02-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Granted I've been out of the dating scene for about 15 years, but i sure don't remember things being all that complicated.

I'm think a lot of people around here such at relationships... ;D

Florida_Bronco
02-14-2009, 12:20 PM
If you buy her and all her frieds flowers.....you'll freak her out. You said in one sentence draft pick #2 plays too many games. Then go on to describe the "game" you'll be playing buying all those flowers.

Just sack up and go for it.

Yeah, what kind of strange move is that, buying all her friends flowers when they will probably have their lips wrapped firmly around someone else's member at the end of the night anyways.

I'd never put any more effort into her friends than the absolute minimum needed to gain their approval.

Dudeskey
02-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Option 2... Take a chance. Mrs. Dudeskey & I have been together for 9 years & running on option 2...™

Flex Gunmetal
02-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Being a friend will guarantee failure.
Being an asshole will guarantee success.

crazyhorse
02-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah, what kind of strange move is that, buying all her friends flowers when they will probably have their lips wrapped firmly around someone else's member at the end of the night anyways.

I'd never put any more effort into her friends than the absolute minimum needed to gain their approval.

He's nervous. When you're nervous you do stupid stuff. I remember being nervous and saying dumb ****. But looking back on it, I realized that it didn't matter how smooth I was or wasn't. If a girl is interested the dumb **** looks cute. If she's not, the dumb **** look goofy. You have no control of it.

JCMElway
02-14-2009, 12:42 PM
It's all about communication. Option one is always best, but at some point fairly early in the dating process, the people involved need to step up and talk to each other about how they're feeling and what they want out of the relationship.

I would say that there are a lot more successful relationships out there that start slow and have a definition of what that relationship is, as opposed to having it start out hot and heavy from the get go. Relationships based on passion will fizzle if there's nothing solid to back them up like shared values, trust, and good communication.

Broncoman13
02-14-2009, 12:44 PM

Post opinions.

Not sure about the Love you like a brother thing, but my opinion is to go for it. You learn a lot more about a person being friends. In a relationship you usually don't learn quite us much quite as fast which helps to build that trust over time.

Sassy
02-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Buying her friends flowers???
That's just strange...I would think that would freak her out!
Skip that part.

Two of them...on V-Day...are you sure #2 is looking at you as just a friend? It is valentine's day...and you are with her...she might be looking at more. If she finds out you have a date tonight with #1 that might just be it for #2 or vice versa.

SouthStndJunkie
02-14-2009, 12:50 PM

Dumb move.

Don't buy all her friends flowers.

Sassy
02-14-2009, 12:55 PM

The question is...which one of the two want you to be their #1 draft pick?!:giggle:

Dudeskey
02-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Dumb move.

Don't buy all her friends flowers.

Agreed...

Broncoman13
02-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Not a totally dumb move, but probably not necessary either. If you want to not freak her out then do something like buy her a dozen and then the friends a single. That will provide a settling environment for her but also let her know that she is special amongst the rest... to you anyhow.

Spider
02-14-2009, 01:01 PM
A woman is like Carpet . the better you lay them the more you can walk over them .....But Advice in these situations doesnt work , we dont know the gal , you are the only one that does , does she like a take charge kinda guy , or she one of them pain in the ass feminist type ?
here is one way to find out . let her catch you out on a date with another woman ....... it will take about 15 seconds to know if she is interested in you or not ...

Needa Pass Rush
02-14-2009, 01:02 PM
If you have to ask for advice you're already screwed. Ha!

Spider
02-14-2009, 01:03 PM
See here is the problem , you are not choosing her , if she wants you , she will get you ,and let you think you won her ....... Once a woman has her mind set on a guy , life as you know it is pretty much over ........

SureShot
02-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Being a friend will guarantee failure.
Being an a-hole will guarantee success.

This.

Miss I.
02-14-2009, 01:08 PM
A woman is like Carpet . the better you lay them the more you can walk over them .....But Advice in these situations doesnt work , we dont know the gal , you are the only one that does , does she like a take charge kinda guy , or she one of them pain in the ass feminist type ?
here is one way to find out . let her catch you out on a date with another woman ....... it will take about 15 seconds to know if she is interested in you or not ...

Spider....Spider....Spider....
Is this how you romance your wife and you still have all those kids?

Okay, for the record I probably am a pain in the ass feminist type, but I like guys that know what they want and aren't wishy washy (that doesn't mean I want them to treat me like carpet and walk all over me though). I dated a guy who was really neurotic and I always had to make decision, it was irritating. I want an equal, but I also want someone who knows themselves and what they want or don't. I like guys with a little machismo.

And catching a guy out with another woman is only an issue if the two parties were not agreeing to see others. I trust my men not to lie to me otherwise it doesn't work. Though this is not to say I would not be a bit jealous, it just means I might up it a notch and flirt with other guys. If it really bothered me I would say let's be exclusive, so in that case Spider might be right, but if you want to know how she really feels, ask her directly.

Spider
02-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Spider....Spider....Spider....
Is this how you romance your wife and you still have all those kids? LOL i tried , it took one swipe with a cast iron skillet , when I woke up I had a new attitude ;D

Okay, for the record I probably am a pain in the ass feminist type, but I like guys that know what they want and aren't wishy washy (that doesn't mean I want them to treat me like carpet and walk all over me though). I dated a guy who was really neurotic and I always had to make decision, it was irritating. I want an equal, but I also want someone who knows themselves and what they want or don't. I like guys with a little machismo. I dont do dishes ,cook ,windows , but on the same hand , dont tell the wife what she can or cant do in the house , thats hers , my truck is mine ......

And catching a guy out with another woman is only an issue if the two parties were not agreeing to see others. I trust my men not to lie to me otherwise it doesn't work. Though this is not to say I would not be a bit jealous, it just means I might up it a notch and flirt with other guys. If it really bothered me I would say let's be exclusive, so in that case Spider might be right, but if you want to know how she really feels, ask her directly.if she wants a long term relationship , my way is the best way , just asking her leads to more talking without much being said ........ if you are dating a woman and by the 5 th date you dont know what will or will not set her off into kill mode , then you dont have a long term relationship ......

Hulamau
02-14-2009, 01:15 PM
It's all about communication. Option one is always best, but at some point fairly early in the dating process, the people involved need to step up and talk to each other about how they're feeling and what they want out of the relationship.

I would say that there are a lot more successful relationships out there that start slow and have a definition of what that relationship is, as opposed to having it start out hot and heavy from the get go. Relationships based on passion will fizzle if there's nothing solid to back them up like shared values, trust, and good communication.

Yes indeed

RMT
02-14-2009, 01:15 PM
the best advice about relationships with women is to stay out of them.

crazyhorse
02-14-2009, 01:17 PM
My best reccommendation is to:

Walk up to her and ask her if she likes apples. If she says yes, then drop your pants and say "how you like them apples"?

If she says she doesn't like apples, then aske her how she feels about grapes.

Bronx33
02-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Don't drink to the point where ya can't proform ( if ya know what i mean) and make a nice dinner.

OABB
02-14-2009, 01:33 PM
treat her like crap and pretend you have money. she'll fall hard.

Pick Six
02-14-2009, 02:01 PM
I was obsessed with a woman for years, but I was stuck in the "friend zone". I would not advise that route for anyone. If you enjoy each other's company outside the bedroom, that's a good thing. A relationship purely based on sexual attraction (and not on friendship) is doomed to fail, but both aspects have to be present...

GoHAM
02-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Ask yourself if you'd be happy with "just being friends"? If the answer to that is no, then go the direct route. If you really want to not screw it up never be the best friend. It never works out that way, at least it never did for me. Much better to make your intentions known from the start.

Jason in LA
02-14-2009, 08:09 PM
It's hard to get out of the friends zone, and if you wait she might not think that you're confident. Have some balls and go after what you want.

watermock
02-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Broncochica
Eureka Baby!

#2 on this one...

I like it Hot!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyBone7

I'll plead the fifth on this one!

She likes em '6-3, rich hunk, and likes Eureka, i.e. a gusher.

Oh, and she likes it HOT.

bronco610
02-14-2009, 08:33 PM

Post opinions.

My current wife and I have known each other for 18 years. we have been romantically inclined for 12 of that. She even knew and worked for my ex and I. We were best friends first and then later became involved. I would not trade her for the world and would have given up any romantic involvement just for our friendship! That is one of the reasons our marriage is rock solid. We are our own best entertainment.:sunshine:

Popps
02-14-2009, 08:39 PM

Post opinions.

My experience is that you just know.

I'm not sure what stage you're in, but women generally give off plenty of signals that let you know how interested they are. Women are highly calculated and I don't mean that in a negative way, I've just learned over the years that women don't do anything without a specific reason, whereas men are a little stupid, and sometimes we DO things without much cause. Women have a plan. Whether or not you're part of her plan is what you have to figure out, and without knowing what you mean by "go for it," it's a tough question to answer.

What do you mean go for it? Are you talking about simply being more than friends, or are you already dating and talking about being physical?

Pseudofool
02-14-2009, 11:01 PM
It's disingenous to play the part of a friend-only if you have other things in mind. While it's important to have a friendship as any basis for a loving relatioship, and while sometimes love emerges from a friendship. Most woman that I know and that I've tried things this way end up resentful and hurt when you reveal you've really had a crush on them all along and the friendship was more prelude than anything necessarily sincere.

Tell her how you feel. But leave a way out for you. A good question to ask yourself is if she doesn't like you, do you really still want to be friends? I'd approach like, "I think I might like you; but I'm nervous about wrecking a good friendship. I can't deny what I'm feeling though. You don't have to respond, I just wanted you to know." Something in that vein to give her an out and not put you or her too much on the spot. Don't make it a zero sum game.

You might not end up with the girl; but you'll be behaving with lots of consideration and maturity, and if she's real, she'll appreciate it.