PDA

View Full Version : Alridge claimed off waivers by Redskins

montrose
02-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Per CBS4

s0phr0syne
02-13-2009, 09:21 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/feb/12/broncos-release-shaw-sign-former-csu-player/?partner=RSS

BroncoBuff
02-13-2009, 09:25 PM
And it begins ....

baja
02-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Shanahan has secret deal with Snyder.

telluride
02-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Damn. It would have been nice to see what he could do.

Then again, he's probably too small to ever stay healthy.

i4jelway7
02-14-2009, 07:05 AM
he won't make it out of training camp healthy... I doubt he ever sees the field in a real NFL game.... but it could of been nice to see what he had here first

Killericon
02-14-2009, 07:43 AM
And it begins ....

Is your keyboard broken or something? It seems like this is all I've seen you post in weeks.

Kaylore
02-14-2009, 08:33 AM
At least it wasn't Aldridge.

UberBroncoMan
02-14-2009, 08:58 AM
He got a 3 year deal too.

cmhargrove
02-14-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm re-posting my thoughts from the draft thread about McCoy. Here's why I think we released Alridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever
Almost every mock i see on here has us taking McCoy as a 2nd round pick. I don't see the high point with him. In my eyes he is just a more expensive higher rated version of Selvin Young. I think in the 2nd round there are a couple of other RB who are better than McCoy, namely Shonn Green and Rashard Jennings.

Is everyone liking him as a feature back or as a compliment to Hillis? Because I have it in my mind that Hillis isn't going to be our RB next season but more of an H-Back for us, catch passes out of the backfield, run a few times, lead block. And because of that I feel we need a bigger workhorse RB, and not a smaller slasher style runner.

Looking at the Patriots teams over the past 6-8 years, I agree with you completely.

If we look at the running backs on the Pats roster, you see Maroney, Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, Lamont Jordan, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Heath Evans. In their recent past, Corey Dillon was another successful back.

We can see a pattern here:
1) they like powerful downhill runners that can move the chains.
2) They have no "scat back." Even Faulk, who is very shifty has a tremendous north-south burst (not east-west).
3) They usually like an RB that is a decent receiver (no brick hands).

Hillis fits perfectly, I think Shonn Greene (in rounds 2-3) would be perfect. Rashad Jennings would be great if we can land him in round 4. Otherwise, I think he would be a little overvalued in round 3.

Torain would actually seem to fit the mold if he can get healthy, especially at such a cheap price tag.

You can understand why keeping Bobby Turner was such a coup for McDaniels. Bobby can turn lots of these larger undervalued backs into very decent performers. It's not Bobby's fault they got injured. Bobby is one of the best at picking, training, and preparing RB's to succeed in a "downhill" running style. It's a marriage made in heaven for Broncos fans.

ZONA
02-14-2009, 12:03 PM
I didn't like Alridge's foot work at all. He seemed kinda pigeon toed to me and for a small guy, his balance didn't seem all that. Glad he is gone.

Hillis will be the man - everybody that doubts him today will be shut up by the time November rolls around and he's already racked up 1,000

tsiguy96
02-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Hillis will be the man - everybody that doubts him today will be shut up by the time November rolls around and he's already racked up 1,000

werd! i love how his best running almost always came from single back formation, talk about spreading our offense, we could run 3WR every single play with him in the backfield.

Br0nc0Buster
02-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I never got on the Alridge bandwagon

he is fast, ok thats cool
But I doubt he could survive hits from NFL linebackers.

BroncoBuff
02-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Is your keyboard broken or something? It seems like this is all I've seen you post in weeks.
I guess I haven't made that clear. It's intended to be read with the drawn-out, bored voice of Stewie Griffin. It's a reference to "the same old endless babble" on a given topic such as Brian's novel. Or here, the man-love so many have for Alridge, Webster's helmet coming off, any new Gutless Drunk threads, Spider adventure threads, any thread that has a pic of the Lombardi Trophy in the first 5 posts, etc ... etc ... etc ....

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/739/stewiegriffin1ig6.jpg
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . And it begins ...

BroncoBuff
02-14-2009, 01:07 PM
.... or any BroncoBuff post that mentions "Kris" and "Jenkins" in the same post. See?

SureShot
02-14-2009, 01:10 PM
.... or any BroncoBuff post that mentions "Kris" and "Jenkins" in the same post. See?

We should totally get that guy.

cutthemdown
02-14-2009, 01:11 PM
I didn't like Alridge's foot work at all. He seemed kinda pigeon toed to me and for a small guy, his balance didn't seem all that. Glad he is gone.

spot on with those observations I thought same thing. He didn't seem to have the type of stride you need to burst through the hole. He was quick but not quick enough to make up for his short choppy footwork.

Broncos_OTM
02-14-2009, 01:33 PM

No way dude we should tottally go out and get a guy that cant pass a physical. so we can cut him the next year!

Brilliant

barryr
02-14-2009, 02:37 PM
I was hoping Alridge could help in the return game, but that was about all I was expecting from him.

Dudeskey
02-14-2009, 02:48 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/hou/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/1280980.jpeg + http://dcist.com/attachments/dcist_mattbourque/Washington-Redskins-logo.jpg = http://www.blackratchet.org/etc/lombardi_trophy.gif

Damnit... ;D

Hogan11
02-14-2009, 06:08 PM
The Redskins pfft.

rastaman
02-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Aldridge would have made an excellent punt and kick returner vs an NFL running back.

broncosteven
02-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Clinton Portis is shaking in his World Champion belt.

BroncoBuff
02-14-2009, 10:51 PM
We could've had Kris Jenkins for a 2nd round pick in 2007.

Should I rub it in even more? Okay, I will: The 2nd rounder we kept instead of trading for Jenkins turned out to be .... wait for it ... Tim Crowder.

(That's just mean, I know ... ::))

BroncoBuff
02-15-2009, 12:24 PM
Kris Jenkins .... or Tim Crowder?

http://www.familyguyquotes.com/images/stewie.gif

. . . .Awwwwww ... too soon?