PDA

View Full Version : Is it Time for Bowlen to Sell?

elsid13
02-12-2009, 04:52 PM
So with recent firing of the Goodman(s), the tighten of the purse strings on Free Agency, the cut back on the non-football staff, and ****ty economy. Is it time for Bowlen to sell the team to someone that willing to spend the money and keep Denver as one of the elite franchises in NFL.

Hell we talk about trading HOF corner, firing HoF head coaches, why not fire the owner.

Kaylore
02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Why isn't this a poll? You FOOL! Delete this thread and restart it as a poll.

elsid13
02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Why isn't this a poll? You FOOL! Delete this thread and restart it as a poll.

Already did. I was polling it when you posted wierd....

Kaylore
02-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Already did. I was polling it when you posted wierd....

Well then I suck! In MY FACE!

elsid13
02-12-2009, 04:57 PM

As much as I enjoy the rejection the message board shouldn't have created the thread before I inserted the poll. There is a bug there.

Flex Gunmetal
02-12-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't know. Is it? Will he? Can he? Who buys? Who's bi? Who shot JR?

Jason in LA
02-12-2009, 05:10 PM
YES YES YES!!!

This bozo is going to run this team into the ground. I pretty much have no faith in him.

Pat Bowlen
02-12-2009, 05:19 PM
YES YES YES!!!

This bozo is going to run this team into the ground. I pretty much have no faith in him.
Make me an offer.

Atlas
02-12-2009, 05:22 PM
**** Bowlen, I'd trade Bowlen and a first rounder to get Shanny and the Goodmans' back.

wolf754life
02-12-2009, 05:30 PM
what if this team actually improves over the next 3 years? how many of you jockulars on shanarat will admit you were wrong?

I'm at War with the old regime........

Time will tell you guys sure do die hard, just like the rat!

tsiguy96
02-12-2009, 05:33 PM
ahahahahahaha, full out meltdown mode again, over the GMs this time!

i love it. i gotta stop taking this board so serious, 95% of you are total clowns.

ps: im sure bowlen is reading this and will make his decision on whether or not to sell the team based on this poll. vote wisely!! :spit:

NUB
02-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Wow. I guess it was only a matter of time with this one.

BMarsh615
02-12-2009, 05:55 PM
No not yet. I just hope he knows what he is doing

Archer81
02-12-2009, 05:59 PM
New blood, new direction. Wait and see what happens before the meltdown.

:Broncos:

Archer81
02-12-2009, 06:00 PM
what if this team actually improves over the next 3 years? how many of you jockulars on shanarat will admit you were wrong?

Must be pathetic, realizing you are the Bob of Broncodom.

tsiguy96
02-12-2009, 06:02 PM

:strong:

Hercules Rockefeller
02-12-2009, 06:03 PM
He should absolutely sell. We all know that the Goodmans were the architects of the past 3 drafts better than Bowlen knows what's going on within the franchise he owns. This team is in the beginning of a youth movement, and we all already know that he's not doing in the free agency that still happens to be a month away just because they didn't do much last year.

Yes, yes, yes sell this team Pat!!! We in internet message board land are all capable of running this franchise better than you. Each of us would have guided this franchise to more than 5 Super Bowls in your time as ownership. You should be ashamed that you ONLY won 2 of them. We all would have hired personnel guys who would never miss on a FA or a draft pick and hired a coach who would never lose a game. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Pat!!

Popcorn Sutton
02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
No

BroncoMan4ever
02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
why should he sell? he has kept the team as a very respectable franchise for the last almost 30 years

this year he is doing what other franchises do almost every other year. it was time to clean house. he retained the people he felt were important and cut the dead weight.

why is it that after 14 years of the same routine that, everyone is freaking out because our owner had to do what was necessary? everyone here forgets that in the NFL changes happen yearly, and we were spoiled over the last 14 years to not have the constant change of other franchises, and that is due to good ownership.

also, i have no doubt in my mind that Bowlen will let McDaniels have the money necessary to bring in FA to make this team a winner again.

everyone will be eating words in a year or 2 when this team is once again competing for a Super Bowl.

loborugger
02-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Time will tell. I guess I will be boring and say lets see. So much change over the last month. I believe as of Dec 2008, this team was on its way to going deep into the play offs in 2010, mas o menos. If the HC and new GM cant put together a similar run, then I say Bowlen definitely screwed the pooch. But, as the owner he cant be fired and cant be run outta town. Hopefully this experiment works out.

Rock Chalk
02-12-2009, 06:20 PM

The gay guy gives the best response in the thread.

Go figure :)

No offense Chris, you know I like ya, not in that way but you are cool.

Killericon
02-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Let's see what happens first, okay?

MechanicalBull
02-12-2009, 06:23 PM
He should absolutely sell. We all know that the Goodmans were the architects of the past 3 drafts better than Bowlen knows what's going on within the franchise he owns. This team is in the beginning of a youth movement, and we all already know that he's not doing in the free agency that still happens to be a month away just because they didn't do much last year.

Yes, yes, yes sell this team Pat!!! We in internet message board land are all capable of running this franchise better than you. Each of us would have guided this franchise to more than 5 Super Bowls in your time as ownership. You should be ashamed that you ONLY won 2 of them. We all would have hired personnel guys who would never miss on a FA or a draft pick and hired a coach who would never lose a game. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Pat!!

Totally agree Herc. I was just about to say the same thing. There are so many people on here and other teams boards that think it's so easy to run a team and that they can do it. Let's all go play madden and make trades for Boldin, Suggs, Peppers, Haynesworth and come back and say hey look it's so simple we can trade Tatum and a 2 for Suggs.

What has this team really done in the past 3 yrs? Or even the past 10 yrs minus going to the AFC Championship? Since winning the Superbowls Denver has won more than 10 games only twice.

I thought Shanny would last one more year but I wasn't shocked at all to see him gone and no matter if he stayed or not it was time to shake things up. Let's just hold judgement on these moves until we at least see them in action before we comment one way or the other.

But Pat if you do sell the team don't sell for $ sell for draft picks because we need 12 picks for this year and 25 for the next two. :D

broncosteven
02-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Maybe Pat thought the Goodmans were a threat to his power trip. It is Paul Bowlen's name on Dove Valley, not Shanny's or Goodmans.

I was bumbed when Shanny was fired but was looking forward to another solid draft to get us over the hump.

Now I think Bowlen is trying to go Bidwell or McCastet on us.

Wolf is goining to know how it really feels to be a Bears fan if any one of these moves does not pan out.

elsid13
02-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Bowlen has been actively in charge for over 30 years, at some point even a Chair of Board of company needs to move on.

I think that Bowlen should do an Art Model and bring in junior partner for buy in to boost the cash on hand of the team and create a successor for ownership group

baja
02-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Pez is MI

frerottenextelway
02-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Train wrecks are fun to watch.

broncosteven
02-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Bowlen has been actively in charge for over 30 years, at some point even a Chair of Board of company needs to move on.

I think that Bowlen should do an Art Model and bring in junior partner for buy in to boost the cash on hand of the team and create a successor for ownership group

Model bought the team for one reason, to make money off advertising. There is a reason that Browns fans remember the 1964 team. It was the last team to win a Championship in Cleveland. It was also Model's 1st year.

He cut a lot of great players and ran that franchise into the ground. Model is still living off the one Championship season he inherited.

I am beginning to think Bowlen is living off what Elway did for him and is now to the point where he is going to milk his fan base dry.

Maybe he wants destroy the franchise in order to move it somewhere warmer so he can host a SB? Typical Internets hypo but if this team tanks the next couple of years and he pulls the purse strings tight...

broncosteven
02-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Pez is MI

My wife would be happier if I won a date with Pez. I am cool with it if GHB is not involved.

elsid13
02-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Model bought the team for one reason, to make money off advertising. There is a reason that Browns fans remember the 1964 team. It was the last team to win a Championship in Cleveland. It was also Model's 1st year.

He cut a lot of great players and ran that franchise into the ground. Model is still living off the one Championship season he inherited.

I am beginning to think Bowlen is living off what Elway did for him and is now to the point where he is going to milk his fan base dry.

Maybe he wants destroy the franchise in order to move it somewhere warmer so he can host a SB? Typical Internets hypo but if this team tanks the next couple of years and he pulls the purse strings tight...

I was speaking of the Baltimore years, where Model sold a part to Steve Bisciotti, then become the JR partner.

broncosteven
02-12-2009, 07:24 PM
I was speaking of the Baltimore years, where Model sold a part to Steve Bisciotti, then become the JR partner.

I am in melt down mode. Who has time to think...?

elsid13
02-12-2009, 07:24 PM
I am in melt down mode. Who has time to think...?

Gene does.

broncosteven
02-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Gene does.

This is why he is my idol. He would have locked the doors to the MOCR already and gathered the data on the issue and put together a Tiger team to implement the fix.

I just run around like a little girl until bitch slapped.

loborugger
02-12-2009, 07:39 PM
This is why he is my idol. He would have locked the doors to the MOCR already and gathered the data on the issue and put together a Tiger team to implement the fix.

I just run around like a little girl until b**** slapped.

http://is1.okcupid.com/users/156/664/1566642811609810544/mt1114812009.jpg

Consider yourself bitch slapped, bitch.

Taco John
02-12-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm upset over what's happened this offseason, but I don't think Bowlen shoud sell the team - yet.

Clearly, he's elevating his profile within the organization. He has both the GM and the coach reporting to him. This is the start of the Bowlen era. I liked it better when he took a hands off approach, but we might as well see what the old bird has in him.

bowtown
02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
I liked it better when he took a hands off approach, but we might as well see what the old bird has in him.

A quart of 12 year old single malt.

DivineLegion
02-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I really wish Wabbit were still around to clarify what the hell was going on...That's one of the reasons this board has lost some of its appeal.

worm
02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
This thread is stupid enough to be a Spider thread. :)

Paladin
02-12-2009, 09:36 PM

That would be contrary to the moronic views held by some 40% of the members on this board.....

bronco militia
02-12-2009, 09:57 PM
bowlen visists the football side of operations for the 1st time in 15 years, cans his coach and GM and all of the sudden it's gone to his head?

come on people...

HEAV
02-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Nice to see all the Shanny drama queens get their second wind... sky falling yadayada...

NFLBRONCO
02-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Nice to see all the Shanny drama queens get their second wind... sky falling yadayada...

Yep it will happen all offseason

SouthStndJunkie
02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
It is not time for Bowlen to sell the team.

He decided to shake things up this offseason in a big way.

I am excited to see how it works out.

BroncoMan4ever
02-12-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm upset over what's happened this offseason, but I don't think Bowlen shoud sell the team - yet.

Clearly, he's elevating his profile within the organization. He has both the GM and the coach reporting to him. This is the start of the Bowlen era. I liked it better when he took a hands off approach, but we might as well see what the old bird has in him.

well if his team wins more than one playoff game in the next decade we made a change that made us better, and if we only win 1 playoff game in the next decade we broke even. Shanahan couldn't get the job done without Elway and TD, and the Goodmans while good with the draft haven't helped us become a playoff team.

Bowlen took back his team, and i think it is for the best. that will be proven within the next year or 2.

BroncoMan4ever
02-12-2009, 11:25 PM
other franchises go through these shakeups almost every other year. we have gone through it with Reeves, a short term by Phillips and Shanahan in Bowlen's tenure as owner.

the problem is, we as Broncos fans are not used to the constant changes within a staff that tend to happen to most franchises on almost a yearly basis. we are spoiled as fans, and we need to relax, because these changes were for the best.

Killericon
02-13-2009, 01:29 AM
Maybe Pat thought the Goodmans were a threat to his power trip. It is Paul Bowlen's name on Dove Valley, not Shanny's or Goodmans.

I was bumbed when Shanny was fired but was looking forward to another solid draft to get us over the hump.

Wolf is goining to know how it really feels to be a Bears fan if any one of these moves does not pan out.

Hahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaha!! :~ohyah!: Hilarious!

Yeah. I'm sure the owner of the franchise, who just fired Mike Shanahan, was super threatened by the Goodmans.

enjolras
02-13-2009, 01:33 AM
the simple fact is: no one on this board (with the possible exception of wabbit) has any idea how much of the recent draft success has anything to do with the Goodmans. We really have no idea what type of role they played behind closed doors.

Bowlen does. Bowlen has guided his team to 5 superbowls and built them into an incredibly successful franchise. I trust his instincts, and think that these types of big organizational moves are simply necessary to rebuild this team into a yearly contender.

All of this panic is just comical.

Blart
02-13-2009, 04:25 AM
I'll make up my mind after 6 games, but I worry that someone will beat me to the first Al Davis comparison.

Archer81
02-13-2009, 08:32 AM

Do the Goodman's sign Bowlen's check or vice versa?

Bidwell's team, if you have been lost in a jungle in Sumatra, was in a superbowl less then 2 weeks ago...

tsiguy96
02-13-2009, 08:34 AM

wow, you dont 100% disagree with what hes doing, that makes you a homer now.

watermock
02-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Only time will tell, but I expect a ery poor 09.

tsiguy96
02-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Only time will tell, but I expect a ery poor 09.

doom and gloom, doom and gloom!

pat is incompetent. maybe he can start making moves that are best for the team AFTER he gets to a super bowl!

err...nm

ZONA
02-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey, Bowlen might be many things but don't go saying he doesn't spend money. Just thank Shanny for some of that "money" that was wasted on stupid players. It's not Bowlens fault Mike requested we pay some of these chumps like Henry and Warren all this huge money. He has been and probably always will be willing to spend big money to keep this team winning. I would have been more concerned if he would not have made any moves this season. Just riding it out until he dies. NOT. He wants more championships right NOW. That's the kind of owner you want. He wants to win and he knows it's not always about who has the highest payroll. He knew things were broken and not working right. Time to rebuild. He gave Shanny a long long leash and many years of losing at the end out of respect. It was time people. Get on board or jump off now.

SouthStndJunkie
02-15-2009, 12:13 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11707580

Yes, Bowlen is taking control of Broncos

Kind of an interesting nugget of information....

Shanahan told Bowlen he wanted the owner to build a new practice facility. The Broncos' current headquarters in suburban Dove Valley was opened in 1990 and is named in honor of the owner's late father, Paul D. Bowlen. In 2004-05 the facility was renovated and expanded.

"Pat said no. Mike had gone too far. It was the only time Pat didn't say yes," one source said. The other said: "That was the beginning of the end of their professional relationship."

lex
02-15-2009, 12:37 AM

2 SBs in 4 years is the standard of the "old regime". If they dont live up to that, its time for them to move on.

BroncoBuff
02-15-2009, 12:48 AM

Even worse, now I have a sig too!

I have a sig too! ^5

BroncoBuff
02-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Well that didn't fool anybody .... but it's prolly time to bring back all the avatar/sig bling anyway. Now that Haley was hired and Bob was proven wrong and banished, I think celebration is in order.

And it's a bout time for the semi-annual O-Mane user fund-raiser, too!

lex
02-15-2009, 12:57 AM
I think the "direction" of the team is rudderless. I also think that there was no plan in place for the big moment many were waiting for in terms of Shanahan being fired. I think Pat wants to turn over the team to a 32 year old so he wont have to worry about it next year. The only problem is that he also killed the lifeblood of talent that weve had the last 3 years by firing the Goodmans in favor of a suit. Pat has gone all corporate on us. The current arrangement that taxpayers had to fund is one of too many corporate types sitting on their hands during games. Pat loves this. He hates the blue collar fans like he hates the color orange. Its time for him to move on.

Broncoman13
02-15-2009, 03:37 AM
Mark Cuban wants an NFL team... (that should make the Pro-Bowlen-Selling guys STFU!)

Broncoman13
02-15-2009, 03:40 AM
I think the "direction" of the... blah blah blah blah blah.

Damn, your back? Thought you went to Broncos Forums or something and were leaving us alone? Did someone invite you back? Basically, what did we do wrong... making you think you're insight was welcome???

Dedhed
02-15-2009, 05:21 AM
Maybe we can get Dan Snyder, Al Davis, Zygi Wilf, Jerry Jones, or one of the other 25 owners who don't hold a candle to Bowlen.

You people need to get your Shanahan panties out of a bunch and move on. It's plain fact that the franchise has been mediocre at best and trending in the wrong direction under Shanahan and the Goodman's, and we should thank our stars that we have an owner with the balls to trim the fat in a effort to get his team back to elite status.

There are maybe 5 owners in the league who care more about winning than they do the bottom line, and Bowlen is among them.

elsid13
02-15-2009, 05:24 AM
Mark Cuban wants an NFL team... (that should make the Pro-Bowlen-Selling guys STFU!)

Actually Cuban would be very good owner for any team. You might not like how he acts but he ensure that his team is treated 1st class and give them all they need to be successful. The Mavericks players like playing for him. Plus I understand he really attempt to look after the fans, even going so far as to personally answering thier emails and trying to solve complaints they have. See the 60 minutes piece on him from few years back.

Yes he arrogant ass and media whore, but he stay out of the way of the folks that know the business and lets them do their thing. He does get very involved in business side of thing though.

Bring him as minority owner wouldn't be the worse thing in the world. Cuban would bring resources that appears Bowlen needs, and would like Synder in DC figure out a way to increase non-ticket/non-TV revenue. Plus I image he would find a way to connect with the old South Stand mob.

Rausch 2.0
02-15-2009, 05:28 AM
You people need to get your Shanahan panties out of a bunch and move on.

ROFL!

Dedhed
02-15-2009, 05:42 AM
2 SBs in 4 years is the standard of the "old regime". If they dont live up to that, its time for them to move on.

Where did you pull this from?

27atwater
02-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Call me crazy...but isn't this HIS decision?

tsiguy96
02-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Call me crazy...but isn't this HIS decision?

no its ours.

elsid13
02-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Wonder whatever one thought now with the Cutler **** up

broncosteven
02-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Let me know if anyone sees a bunch of Bekins trucks outside Dove Valley.

Ok, more like U-Hauls with Bowlens $ probs.

elsid13
07-29-2011, 07:06 AM
Just bumping the thread now to see if the mood has changed on the board.

bendog
07-29-2011, 07:39 AM
I disagree with TJ that Bowlen's trying to have more control. His "control" was what led to the Culterfisaco. Saying Bates was staying. No way Bates and Tiny could coexist. It'd have been worse than when Shanny and Elway were gaming stuff on R66v6. But, I don't see any evidence the franchise is rudderless. Ellis has authority to look in all areas and report to Bowlen. Elway is essentially the GM; he's been evaluating football talent since he was knee high to his dad; X is an experienced cap guy.

People need to just face up to it that Den is not an attractive place for free agents now; Orton has no incentive to restructure his contract to be a short term option for any team that might even offer Den a 4th pick; and even if those two situations didn't exist, any team that is as bad personnel wise as Den is - esp with a QB like Tebow with questions to be answered - is CRAZY to spend big FA bucks. You build through the draft and don't over extend by backloading. Look and Indy for that bad.

Crushaholic
07-29-2011, 08:28 AM
Just bumping the thread now to see if the mood has changed on the board.

If Bowlen doesn't have the money to spend 98% of the cap (like the new CBA mandates), maybe he SHOULD let someone else run the show...

uplink
07-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Broncos fans are lucky to have one of the very best NFL owners. Imagine what its like to be a Bengals, Raiders, or Redskins fan.

Drunk Monkey
07-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Broncos fans are lucky to have one of the very best NFL owners. Imagine what its like to be a Bengals, Raiders, or Redskins fan.

At present it is not very difficult at all to imagine how they feel. Coming off a bad year and having minimal hope for this year. I think I know how they feel.

OrangeSe7en
07-29-2011, 10:48 AM
ahahahahahaha, full out meltdown mode again, over the GMs this time!

i love it. i gotta stop taking this board so serious, 95% of you are total clowns.

ps: im sure bowlen is reading this and will make his decision on whether or not to sell the team based on this poll. vote wisely!! :spit:

He may not read these message boards but if it's being talked about here, theres a decent chance a segment, however large, of the fanbase feels the same way. Thats what he will notice if he hasnt already. He probably has noticed but he just doesnt care.

OrangeSe7en
07-29-2011, 10:51 AM

Actually, Pat is more lucky to have the Broncos fanbase than they are to have him. The fanbase supported the team well before Pat got there. At various times it has been one of the top 5ish most valuable franchises and thats because of how the fanbase supports the team. And bear in mind that, of all the fanbases, Broncos fans have to travel a lot farther than most because the west isnt nearly as densely populated as most NFL cities. So, due in large part to the support of the fanbase, the Broncos have been one of the jewel franchises in the NFL. But what's Pat currently doint to it? He's running it into the ground.

OrangeSe7en
07-29-2011, 10:53 AM
As for the poll, I'd prefer that Pat sells but I would need to know who he's selling it to.

Hulamau
07-29-2011, 11:01 AM
As for the poll, I'd prefer that Pat sells but I would need to know who he's selling it to.

As if you would have any idea on this green earth about who he sells too and what that outcome might be?!!! :sunshine:

bendog
07-29-2011, 11:02 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11707580

Yes, Bowlen is taking control of Broncos

Kind of an interesting nugget of information....

Shanahan told Bowlen he wanted the owner to build a new practice facility. The Broncos' current headquarters in suburban Dove Valley was opened in 1990 and is named in honor of the owner's late father, Paul D. Bowlen. In 2004-05 the facility was renovated and expanded.

"Pat said no. Mike had gone too far. It was the only time Pat didn't say yes," one source said. The other said: "That was the beginning of the end of their professional relationship."

Oh, if that's what you mean by taking control, ok. To me it seems more like Bowlen is returning to the relationship he had with R66v6s, only that Fox/Elway have the power that R66v6s held singularly. He let shanny run crazy.

I was thinking more along the lines of McDaniels, when Bowlen was making public statements about who would be retained on the staff. That was out of character for him. I think it's back to him having overall say as to how much they'll committ to backloading, approving major trades, setting a tone for what personal conduct is tolerated, deciding on whether to keep his head coach or GM.

I was surprised to disagree with TJ over that, but now I see I misunderstood.

OrangeSe7en
07-29-2011, 11:29 AM
As if you would have any idea on this green earth about who he sells too and what that outcome might be?!!! :sunshine:

I don't see your point. Its not as if Im in a position to approve who he would sell to in reality as in if I veto it, he can't sell the team. This applies to everyone. What Im saying is that Id prefer someone better than Pat because theyre out there. But, likewise, there are also people worse than Pat. As far as knowing who that would be ahead of time is concerned, you'd have to rely on track records. Or in some cases, it would probably be obvious that the people involved have no interest other than running a team like Sterling.

alkemical
07-29-2011, 11:49 AM
He should sell the Team to Mario Lemeuix.

alkemical
07-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Also:

Elway hasn't exactly also been a model for "great" business decisions. Not to knock the guy, but his biggest deal came from the car dealerships.

baja
07-29-2011, 03:53 PM
I voted yes

spdirty
07-29-2011, 06:01 PM
He should sell to me right after I win Powerball then take that money, go to Vegas, put it all on number 7 on the roulette wheel and hit. Damn thatd be awesome to own the Broncos. I'd take the advice of this forum before making any moves. ;D

oubronco
07-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Their definitely not doing anything to inspire me to spend my hard earned money to fly out to Denver, buy tickets, hotel expense, food ect.....ect.

elsid13
03-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Any change or are you still in with Bowlen as the owner?

El Jué
03-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Seriously? Find another hobby. This one is his.

Garcia Bronco
03-18-2012, 07:39 PM
I still haven't voted in this poll.

OBF1
03-18-2012, 07:48 PM
I can not remember how I voted lol