PDA

View Full Version : Why Alridge was Cut

UberBroncoMan
02-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Why Alridge was cut
First of all is was going to be 26 this coming season (which is really old for a second year player). We also have a ridiculous abundance of RB's on the roster right now (still above average even with the two cuts).

The biggest use Alridge was going to give us (realistically) was on special teams.

Just so happens we have this guy here.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...contentID=9406

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5oMdLkZU0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR7gvbo9X-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OKdYcId0uk

He's shorter and even faster than Alridge was (his low 40 time was a 4.28 *bonus* that was Champs 40 time coming into the NFL)... not to mention Foster is almost 2 years younger than Alridge.

On top of all of this... the guy can play RB, WR... and QB! To go with his special teams capabilities.

If we're saving someone for the purpose of special teams (since we probably don't want to wear Royal out or risk him to a greater chance of injury), this seems to be the guy.

So in my mind... this guy is the biggest reason Alridge was cut, compounded with the need to trim the RB roster.

SoDak Bronco
02-12-2009, 10:33 AM
did we sign this foster guy?

OBF1
02-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Sure sounds like he already broke off 2K in our system

HEAV
02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
did we sign this foster guy?

Was on the Practice since late November.

Another reason for Alridge being cut is he has/had a Lisfranc injury.

Kaylore
02-12-2009, 11:15 AM

I thought that was Torain. Did Alridge have one too?

NFLBRONCO
02-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Hello Percy Harvin

UberBroncoMan
02-12-2009, 11:53 AM
I thought that was Torain. Did Alridge have one too?

Torain tore his ACL when a fat Cleavland guy fell on his leg after a run. Alridge's injury is foot based, and hard to return from.

broncocalijohn
02-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Plus we have the Dude from South Carolina. I was promised major yards from him in the last two games from Coke Man (or whatever that phrase he used) and he got zero yards. I guess Shanny didnt get the chance of showcasing him in 2009.

montrose
02-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Plus we have the Dude from South Carolina. I was promised major yards from him in the last two games from Coke Man (or whatever that phrase he used) and he got zero yards. I guess Shanny didnt get the chance of showcasing him in 2009.

"Crooked Crack" Cory Boyd!

Kaylore
02-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Torain tore his ACL when a fat Cleavland guy fell on his leg after a run. Alridge's injury is foot based, and hard to return from.

Torain had a lisfranc injury his senior year in college.

theAPAOps5
02-12-2009, 12:12 PM

Wrong Torain missed most his Senior year and fell in the draft because of a Lisfranc injury. The ACL was just another injury added to his list. Aldridge did not have a Lisfranc injury he tore a ligament in his left foot in the final preseason game of the year.

Tombstone RJ
02-12-2009, 12:13 PM
"Crooked Crack" Cory Boyd!

It's Cooked Crack, 'cause ya have to cook crack before you smoke it...

Kaylore
02-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Wrong Torain missed most his Senior year and fell in the draft because of a Lisfranc injury. The ACL was just another injury added to his list. Aldridge did not have a Lisfranc injury he tore a ligament in his left foot in the final preseason game of the year.

Alan Aldridge never had a torn ligament. ;D

BroncoMan4ever
02-12-2009, 12:23 PM

yet everyone here continues to swing on Torains nuts and think he is going to be a starting RB for us.

UberBroncoMan
02-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Why does everyone always say Aldridge instead of Alridge.

Kaylore
02-12-2009, 12:48 PM

Because Allen (Alen, Alan?) Aldridge was a linebacker for us in SB XXXII.

broncosteven
02-12-2009, 12:52 PM

Why is there a thread about a guy who got cut after not suiting up all last year?

I am glad the dude is gone, make way for someone who can contribute.

Anyone remember the dude we traded Marcus Nash for who we ended up cutting before PS ended? He was a RB from Miami who was supposed to be the fastest guy on the team not to make the team.

That is what the hype from this dude reminded me of.

theAPAOps5
02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Because Allen (Alen, Alan?) Aldridge was a linebacker for us in SB XXXII.

The best is I always search using the right spelling. But never type it right, EVER.

lookin' glass
02-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Why is there a thread about a guy who got cut after not suiting up all last year?

I am glad the dude is gone, make way for someone who can contribute.

Anyone remember the dude we traded Marcus Nash for who we ended up cutting before PS ended? He was a RB from Miami who was supposed to be the fastest guy on the team not to make the team.

That is what the hype from this dude reminded me of.

John(?) Avery rb from Miami

broncosteven
02-12-2009, 01:09 PM
John(?) Avery rb from Miami

YEP!

Kaylore
02-12-2009, 01:11 PM

Because Anthony Alridge is a universal symbol of hope and love.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.luxist.com/media/2008/07/janeseymouropenheart.jpg

montrose
02-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Because Anthony Alridge is a universal symbol of hope and love.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.luxist.com/media/2008/07/janeseymouropenheart.jpg

I was admittedly all aboard the Alridge bandwagon. That dude was making people look silly during camp and the preseason. Then again, it was our defense. Although I had heard he was killing the Cowboys in practice and I recall some nice runs against Houston and Arizona.

Who knows, they may not have seen something they liked at his end-of-season physical or maybe they really like Hillis or Torain or Selvin or Boyd for all I know. I will say I would've liked him to get a camp look, but I'll put my trust into McDaniels and Goodman.

broncosteven
02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I was admittedly all aboard the Alridge bandwagon. That dude was making people look silly during camp and the preseason. Then again, it was our defense. Although I had heard he was killing the Cowboys in practice and I recall some nice runs against Houston and Arizona.

Who knows, they may not have seen something they liked at his end-of-season physical or maybe they really like Hillis or Torain or Selvin or Boyd for all I know. I will say I would've liked him to get a camp look, but I'll put my trust into McDaniels and Goodman.

I am guessing MickyD will bring in a couple new names that people will fall in love with even if they don't ever make the field in a real game.

Man-Goblin
02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
I am guessing MickyD will bring in a couple new names that people will fall in love with even if they don't ever make the field in a real game.

I don't want no scrubs. A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me.

broncosteven
02-12-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't want no scrubs. A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me.

Don't go chasing waterfalls

chaz
02-12-2009, 03:01 PM

But I thought his lisfranc wasn't very serious...he didn't need surgery and I thought I had heard he was running even before the season ended....I just think it's an odd decision.

Kaylore
02-12-2009, 03:05 PM

Baby, baby, baby...

Conklin
02-12-2009, 03:11 PM

please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to

crowebomber
02-12-2009, 03:16 PM
I know that you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all
now go burn down Andre Rison's house.

theAPAOps5
02-12-2009, 03:22 PM
But I think you are moving too Fast!

s0phr0syne
02-12-2009, 03:58 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/feb/12/broncos-release-shaw-sign-former-csu-player/?partner=RSS

Man, I'm trying not to go into meltdown mode, but there doesn't seem to be a 'health' reason for why Alridge was cut, Redskins just picked him off of the wire and the Vikings had put a claim in as well. You know, the team with Adrian Peterson AND Chester Taylor felt that Alridge could contribute to their team. I guess Hillis, Torain, SYoung, Andre Hall, and Michael Pittman is just too formidable of backfield.

Wtf is our FO doing...?

broncofan7
02-12-2009, 05:09 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/feb/12/broncos-release-shaw-sign-former-csu-player/?partner=RSS

Man, I'm trying not to go into meltdown mode, but there doesn't seem to be a 'health' reason for why Alridge was cut, Redskins just picked him off of the wire and the Vikings had put a claim in as well. You know, the team with Adrian Peterson AND Chester Taylor felt that Alridge could contribute to their team. I guess Hillis, Torain, SYoung, Andre Hall, and Michael Pittman is just too formidable of backfield.

Wtf is our FO doing...?

I concur--I saw him twice IN PERSON last pre season and he was able to get to the edges AT WILL. I was really hoping to see him stick around for at least 1 more TC. I am on record as wanting Spags as our next coach--I really do not have faith in anyone from the PAT's coaching tree.......

UberBroncoMan
02-12-2009, 05:29 PM

Amazing how things change in a few hours...

I'm kind of surprised no one is talking about Jayson o_O... though it might get some chatter going.

GoHAM
02-12-2009, 06:38 PM

Please stick to the seven digit numbers you're used to.

theAPAOps5
02-12-2009, 07:08 PM

Wtf is our FO doing...?

Its simple, they want him as a return man. Denver has a damn fine one in Royal. No reason to go in melt down mode over someone who hasn't done jack in a meaningful game.

broncosteven
02-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Its simple, they want him as a return man. Denver has a damn fine one in Royal. No reason to go in melt down mode over someone who hasn't done jack in a meaningful game.

One word:

HIXON

broncosteven
02-12-2009, 07:23 PM
I know that you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all
now go burn down Andre Rison's house.

She was just trying to burn all his Nikes, not the house.

Kinda makes you think how Karma works though, burn a mans Nikes and you DIE.

Kaylore
02-12-2009, 07:49 PM
I don't care what people thought; I thought Left-eye was hot.

broncosteven
02-12-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't care what people thought; I thought Left-eye was hot.

That's nothing, KFC fans thought Rison was a WR.

Dedhed
02-13-2009, 05:21 AM
Why Alridge was cut

Because he wasn't any good.

Irish Stout
02-13-2009, 07:46 AM
We have T. Bell what more do we need?

oubronco
02-13-2009, 08:06 AM
That's nothing, KFC fans thought Rison was a WR.

:spit:

BabyTO
02-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Torain is injury prone. A 350 pound guy falls on his leg and boom Torain is injured. Any other RB would walk this injury off but not Torain. He's injury prone. If somebody shoots him he will probably miss some games too. We need a new RB!

People used to say the same retarded things when Peterson came out. Somebody falls on his leg and all of a sudden he's injury prone. Morons.