PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Confused by the cards.

rugbythug
02-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Your team finally breaks into being a serious contender and then you:

A. Loose your OC which can't be helped.

B. Fire your DC. Not sure as to why, played pretty good Defense in the playoffs.

C. Fire your qb Coach. I know Warner threw an Pick in Suber Bowl but could he have been that bad?

D. Have a pissed off premier player at a position of Luxury and tell him no tradey for you. Even though you could be a better team with a 1,3 you get for him.

Keep in mind that the Firings are after all the other head coaches have already changed and hired staffs leaving the cupboard bare for replacements. This does not look like a recipe for success to me. I think the cards miss the playoffs next year.

Garcia Bronco
02-11-2009, 09:51 AM
I think none of that could have happened and they still miss the playoffs next year. It's todays NFL for 90 percent of the teams.

Smiling Assassin27
02-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Two words: Bill Bidwell

oubronco
02-11-2009, 09:59 AM
If it weren't for there crappy division they probably wouldn't have made the playoffs this year

Dudeskey
02-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Two words: Bill Failwell

fixed... too bad I can't use strikeout tags here ;D

cmhargrove
02-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Your team finally breaks into being a serious contender and then you:

A. Loose your OC which can't be helped.

B. Fire your DC. Not sure as to why, played pretty good Defense in the playoffs.

C. Fire your qb Coach. I know Warner threw an Pick in Suber Bowl but could he have been that bad?

D. Have a pissed off premier player at a position of Luxury and tell him no tradey for you. Even though you could be a better team with a 1,3 you get for him.

Keep in mind that the Firings are after all the other head coaches have already changed and hired staffs leaving the cupboard bare for replacements. This does not look like a recipe for success to me. I think the cards miss the playoffs next year.

I'll have to say I didn't understand the Pendergast thing at all. Are they going to find many DC's to do better with the players they had? Maybe there was just some personal frictions involved, but it doesn't make much sense.

ludo21
02-11-2009, 10:29 AM
They are trying to get better.

This is what the Suns did as well, and it has bitten us in the ass, hopefully it doesnt happen to the Cards.

Northman
02-11-2009, 10:33 AM
If it weren't for there crappy division they probably wouldn't have made the playoffs this year

Since when has that really mattered?

I could understand the arguement had they gotten their ass kicked in the SB but instead they went out there and almost won it. Crappy division or not they proved they deserved to be in that game.

oubronco
02-11-2009, 10:36 AM
I guess a 9-7 record is stellar nowadays eh they did hit a stride in the playoffs but if they were not in that division they wouldn't have been in the playoffs

Northman
02-11-2009, 10:38 AM
I guess a 9-7 record is stellar nowadays eh they did hit a stride in the playoffs but if they were not in that division they wouldn't have been in the playoffs

All that matters is what you do in the postseason. Had they won the SB would the record really of mattered?

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2009, 11:20 AM
The Bidwells will find a way to fugitup.

Kaylore
02-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Bill Bidwell no longer has direct control of the team. His son has taken over and that's pretty much the reason they've been able to have this success of late.

As for their recent moves, I can't say one way or another. Their defense is pretty good, so that surprises me, but other than that, let's see who they bring in. Wisenhunt was a coup, and so was bringing in Warner and drafting Fitz and Boldin. They're a good team.

Beantown Bronco
02-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Their defense is pretty good

They only gave up one less point per game than the Broncos did last season.

Kaylore
02-11-2009, 11:44 AM
They only gave up one less point per game than the Broncos did last season.

I know. And they should be better for the talent they have, But they were pretty good in the playoffs and generated a ton of turnovers starting some young guys. I think they're underrated, but I understand why it was done. I just think one more year would have done it. They are transitioning into a 3-4, so there's growing pains with that.

frerottenextelway
02-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Sometimes good coaches get fired over personal reasons. Sometimes even great ones.

NUB
02-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Because Bidwell is one of the worst owners in the league.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Sometimes good coaches get fired over personal reasons. Sometimes even great ones.

And sometimes, you just feel like a fuggin beer.

bronco militia
02-11-2009, 12:18 PM
confused by the cards? no way

this has been their MO every offseason.

IMO, there are no great teams in the NFL anymore.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2009, 12:20 PM

Yep, its called free agency.

Malcontent
02-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Nothing to do with ownership. Coach Whizz has "his" guys in mind, and he inherited the OC/DC guys that he did not get along with.

rovolution
02-11-2009, 01:36 PM

but nooooooooo.

havent you heard? the patriots are the greatest team in todays game in fact probably in league history. thats what trey said on nfl live.

Belichick and Tom Brady invented the game of football. The Steelers Lombardi should have an asterick on it with the comment "Won in the year without Brady"

Killericon
02-11-2009, 01:49 PM
but nooooooooo.

havent you heard? the patriots are the greatest team in todays game in fact probably in league history. thats what trey said on nfl live.

Belichick and Tom Brady invented the game of football. The Steelers Lombardi should have an asterick on it with the comment "Won in the year without Brady"

The Pats have been the best team of the '00s(Unless the Steelers win the next two Super Bowls). I can't see how anyone could debate that.

Inkana7
02-11-2009, 04:13 PM

They were unquestionably the 2nd best team in the NFL this year.

It was BECAUSE of their weak division that they went 9-7. They had it locked up in like week 11. It's hard to stay focused after that.

Rock Chalk
02-11-2009, 05:50 PM

If they werent in that division they wouldnt have coasted their last 6 games either.

spdirty
02-11-2009, 05:57 PM
fun fact: the Cards became the first NFL team since they went to 16 games to allow 400+ points and win a playoff game. There were about 106 teams to allow that many points in a 16 game season and the average record was 4-12, which can probably speak to the success of our offense as well.

No link, just heard Sandy Clough say it on the radio bout a week ago.

Mediator12
02-11-2009, 06:16 PM
I can not believe the title of this thread does not already have this quote associated with it:

"The Cards are who we thought they were ;D "