PDA

View Full Version : Marshall and Casey contract talks, and peppers talks about Denver

ChampBailey24
02-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Sorry this is from my phone so I couldn't copy and paste the whole story

http://m.denverpost.com/denverpost/db_10776/contentdetail.htm?storycount=15&detailindex=7&full=true&contentguid=WUlE60Fg#display

vancejohnson82
02-10-2009, 10:12 AM
nice....

Melo needs to get on the phone with Peppers....

bowtown
02-10-2009, 10:15 AM
nice....

Yeah, because Melo has a huge stake in the Denver Broncos.

cutthemdown
02-10-2009, 10:16 AM
yeah we aren't off the list. That's like when a hot chick tells you maybe!!!!! instead of I just wanna be friends!!!!!!!!

GLORY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Marshall I would wait on he has another yr, if he doesn't drop passes then sign him long term, if he is a pain in the ass about it tag him.

Wiegman offer him a 2 yr deal at about 2.5 mil a season. Give him a mill or so upfront in gauranteed money.

cutthemdown
02-10-2009, 10:17 AM

lol Peppers I think just means he has friends that live in the city. If Melo called him it would be because he wants to hang with him all the time not because he wants or needs Broncos to win.

Meck77
02-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Marshall would deserve top level WR money if his hand wasn't freakin numb and he didn't drop so many passes as a result. Yeah yeah I read the pro-bowl thread. It was because he hadn't played in awhile....uh huh

TheReverend
02-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Great news. Hopefully they make it a LONG term deal.

vancejohnson82
02-10-2009, 10:26 AM

whatever dude....i was trying to make a flippant comment....

"oh yeah...because I have a huge stake in the Denver Broncos'

bowtown
02-10-2009, 10:28 AM
whatever dude....i was trying to make a flippant comment....

"oh yeah...because I have a huge stake in the Denver Broncos'

I was making a flippant comment too. No harm intended.

socalorado
02-10-2009, 10:31 AM
You 2 idiots need to shut up about Melo, right now.

vancejohnson82
02-10-2009, 10:33 AM
i think Nene needs to get on our D-line

Hercules Rockefeller
02-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Marshall's got 3 more years until he becomes a UFA, they don't desperately need to get something done soon.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-10-2009, 10:36 AM
http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/lombardi_trophy3.jpg&usg=AFQjCNEOUGrumz4AAg4aN0JwPGdjOESROg

SonOfLe-loLang
02-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Marshall would deserve top level WR money if his hand wasn't freakin numb and he didn't drop so many passes as a result. Yeah yeah I read the pro-bowl thread. It was because he hadn't played in awhile....uh huh

Only the mane would get down on a 25 y/o receiver with consecutive 100 catch seasons

bronco militia
Peppers available.

Broncos fans may have noticed how Carolina defensive end Julius Peppers, an impending free agent, was constantly harassing Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler in the fourth quarter.

Peppers has said he wants to play in a 3-4 defense. The Broncos are expected to convert to a 3-4. And Peppers is a friend and business partner of Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony. Could Peppers and Denver be a match?

"I have no idea where I'm going to be at next year," Peppers said. "No clue. But I know Melo. I like Denver. They're not off the list."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KX5jNnDMfxA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KX5jNnDMfxA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SonOfLe-loLang
Marshall's got 3 more years until he becomes a UFA, they don't desperately need to get something done soon.

True, but if they give him money upfront now, they might be able to lock him long term for cheaper.

UberBroncoMan
02-10-2009, 10:40 AM

Sure he does... his party is where Darrent got killed and Walkers career officially went downhill.

yerner
02-10-2009, 10:45 AM
i have a hard time believing Peppers doesn't go to the the Washington Danny Snyder's.

bap454
02-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Sure he does... his party is where Darrent got killed and Walkers career officially went downhill.

Not that it matters but wasn't it K-marts party.

Peppers WILL be a Bronco and Melo will be gone before too long. Just saying.:sunshine:
Im playing Oracle today.

eddie mac
02-10-2009, 10:49 AM
True, but if they give him money upfront now, they might be able to lock him long term for cheaper.

Somehow I doubt that considering any new CBA will seriously reduce players $$ within the NFL if the owners have anything to do with it.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Somehow I doubt that considering any new CBA will seriously reduce players $$ within the NFL if the owners have anything to do with it.

I didnt mean it that way. It's often done in baseball, the cleveland indians do it best. Actually, now that i think about it, the broncos did it with TD after his rookie year. You show them more money earlier in their rookie contracts and they generally take less than their market value since they are getting it sooner. Right now, Marshall is making what (under a million base right?) Well, instead of playing for that for the next couple of years, they can give him a lucrative deal that would be huge by comparison, but probably pay less than they would when he's scheduled to become a UFA down the road....get what i mean?

Peoples Champ
02-10-2009, 10:56 AM
nice....

I hope so,

I saw a interview with Melo and he was saying he wants Ray Lewis back in Baltimore since Melo is from Baltimore.

Regardless of whether you want Ray Lewis in Denver or not, come on Melo, you gotta bring good players into Denver, not steer them away.

snowspot66
02-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Play of his desire to be a millionaire now against a bigger millionaire later. It's a solid strategy because most of the guys in the league come in from situations with little to no money. They also don't want to risk playing another year on the rookie contract and getting injured. It is a win/win for both sides.

snowspot66
02-10-2009, 11:01 AM
I hope so,

I saw a interview with Melo and he was saying he wants Ray Lewis back in Baltimore since Melo is from Baltimore.

Regardless of whether you want Ray Lewis in Denver or not, come on Melo, you gotta bring good players into Denver, not steer them away.

Steer away Ray any day of the week. If we want to overpay for a superstar lets at least do it for a younger one.

Karenin
02-10-2009, 11:28 AM

::)

bronco militia
02-10-2009, 11:32 AM
it was K-Marts party, dumbass

theAPAOps5
02-10-2009, 11:41 AM

You are a dumb ass if you think that. It was a party hosted by DWill and Kenyan Martin for Martin's birthday. There were NO ties to Melo. Check the facts before you type.

BroncoMan4ever
02-10-2009, 11:46 AM
yeah we aren't off the list. That's like when a hot chick tells you maybe!!!!! instead of I just wanna be friends!!!!!!!!

GLORY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Marshall I would wait on he has another yr, if he doesn't drop passes then sign him long term, if he is a pain in the ass about it tag him.

Wiegman offer him a 2 yr deal at about 2.5 mil a season. Give him a mill or so upfront in gauranteed money.

i disagree with that on Marshall. i say sign him now while there are still a few questions on him and he can't get a deal worth top 5 money. right now there are questions about his hand, he isn't far removed from legal problems, he led the league in drops. if another year goes by he keeps himself out of trouble how he has for the past year, his hand heals, he doesn't have many drops, and has a statistical season as good or better than the past 2 seasons, and he is going to get a Larry Fitzgerald contract.

cutthemdown
02-10-2009, 11:48 AM
i disagree with that on Marshall. i say sign him now while there are still a few questions on him and he can't get a deal worth top 5 money. right now there are questions about his hand, he isn't far removed from legal problems, he led the league in drops. if another year goes by he keeps himself out of trouble how he has for the past year, his hand heals, he doesn't have many drops, and has a statistical season as good or better than the past 2 seasons, and he is going to get a Larry Fitzgerald contract.

IMO Marshall already considers himself top 5 and will demand that much. If you are right and he will sign a lowball offer then go for it. IMO though Brandon will already want Fitz type money or just under that.

NFLBRONCO
02-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I'd love to land that one player who will cost us a #1 possibly a #1 in 2010 and a huge contract and fix all our needs yeah right. Not at Franchise tag price I'd PASS.

Do you think he'd get tagged or Gross

Bronx33
02-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Only the mane would get down on a 25 y/o receiver with consecutive 100 catch seasons

I think meck is alluding to marshall getting top dollar ( right now) before he addresses his ball droppage issue iam sure pat wants his players to earn their monster pay checks ( which i could understand)

TheReverend
02-10-2009, 12:03 PM
I'd love to land that one player who will cost us a #1 possibly a #1 in 2010 and a huge contract and fix all our needs yeah right. Not at Franchise tag price I'd PASS.

Do you think he'd get tagged or Gross

Gross will get tagged.

TheReverend
02-10-2009, 12:04 PM
I think meck is alluding to marshall getting top dollar ( right now) before he addresses his ball droppage issue iam sure pat wants his players to earn their monster pay checks ( which i could understand)

Pretty inconsequential. Another year could damn well be the difference between 8 million a year and 11-13.

Bronx33
02-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Pretty inconsequential. Another year could damn well be the difference between 8 million a year and 11-13.

Let's just call the huge payday motivation.

TheReverend
02-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Let's just call the huge payday motivation.

And if they eventually renegotiate the CBA shrinking the cap? Then Brandon might be taking up over 10% by his lonesome when we could lock him up for the better part of a decade right now for a very reasonable price for a guy who only his rookie season had less than 100 catches.

There's a reason the FO is going to work on his deal THIS off-season. Because it's the smart thing to do.

Peoples Champ
02-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Steer away Ray any day of the week. If we want to overpay for a superstar lets at least do it for a younger one.

Ya, I think we would Over pay for Ray anyways, I was just saying that Carmello needs to start Lobbying for players to Come to Denver, not away from Denver.

BroncoBuff
02-10-2009, 12:55 PM

Lemme guess ... you didn't read the story. It said Peppers and Melo are business partners and friends.

CoBear23
02-10-2009, 12:58 PM

Thank You! Lock up Marshall and do it now!

Br0nc0Buster
02-10-2009, 01:23 PM
I think it would be wise to sign him now.

He has so much potential, which he has already displayed

I doubt he will want Fitz money, he isnt worth that.

But I wouldnt mind at all making him currently one of the top 5 highest paid WRs

BroncoBuff
02-10-2009, 01:31 PM
I can't understand how B-Marsh has three more years on his deal ... he's played three now.

Did he sign a SIX-year deal as a rookie? If he did, he needs to fire his agent.

tsiguy96
02-10-2009, 01:31 PM
so weve moved on from "marshall needs to be traded/sucks/never gonna get better/drops everything" to "marshall shouldnt get a new contract/his rookie contract is fine/hell be happy being a (arguably) top 5 WR on a 4th round contract/who cares we can franchise him (and piss him off in the process) later by lowballing what his actual value is"

some of you people are unbelievable.

BroncoBuff
02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
No no ... Marshall signed a 4-year rookie deal, he makes 2.2 mil this year, and is a free agent next year.

This is a great site for Broncos contract statuses: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_contracts.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=DEN

Archer81
02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Pay Marshall. Kill the baby TO ego and smother it in the craddle. He has that type of skill.

:Broncos:

Hercules Rockefeller
02-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I can't understand how B-Marsh has three more years on his deal ... he's played three now.

Did he sign a SIX-year deal as a rookie? If he did, he needs to fire his agent.

Owners opted out of the CBA so players are now required to have 6 years of service after next season to be eligible to be UFAs. So Marshall, Scheffler, Kuper, and Dumervil will all be RFAs after next season.

BroncoBuff
02-10-2009, 01:37 PM
We should sign him now though, because another year like these last two and he'll command Boldin-Fitzgerald type money. Sign him now while he's giddy about Jay and the Pro Bowl and his fiancee.

BroncoBuff
02-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Owners opted out of the CBA so players are now required to have 6 years of service after next season to be eligible to be UFAs. So Marshall, Scheffler, Kuper, and Dumervil will all be RFAs after next season.

OMG that's totally correct. So the reserve clause is back in, like it used to be? His deal ends in one year, but he can negotiate only with us, or what?

eddie mac
02-10-2009, 01:39 PM
No no ... Marshall signed a 4-year rookie deal, he makes 2.2 mil this year, and is a free agent next year.

This is a great site for Broncos contract statuses: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_contracts.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=DEN

He's a Restricted Free Agent BB as is Kuper, Dumervil and Scheffler under the guidelines of a no CBA uncapped season.

Until a new CBA is endorsed and brought in (Earliest 2011) an NFL player needs 6 accredited seasons to become a UFA.

So the earliest any of those players above can leave Denver (unless we dont match an RFA offer and the other team give up 1st and 3rd rd picks) will be in 2011.

BroncoBuff
02-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks, I see ... RFA status. That actually might help us with this '06 class. Some of these guys will get offers, Scheff, Kuper, Doom, B-Marsh ... if we have to let one go, at least we'll get a pick or two back.

This is interesting:

<TABLE width=750 border=0><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 30px"><TD class=p_tddetails noWrap width="10%">Jay Cutler (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&leaguenum=&id=3608)</TD><TD class=p_tddetails noWrap width="15%">Quarterback (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3608)</TD><TD class=p_tddetails width="75%">7/27/2006: Signed a six-year, $47.86 million contract. The deal contains $11 million guaranteed, including a $1.7 million signing bonus. 2009: $1.035 million, 2010: $1.4225 million, 2011: $1.81 million, 2012: Free Agent. 45% of the deal's max value is performance incentives. Among them is a $1.95 million escalator for any year of 2006-2010 that he finishes in the top five in any of the NFL's major passing categories, as well as a $4 million bonus for taking 60% of the snaps in any of 2006-2008 or 70% in 2009. There also is a $500,000 bonus available 2006-2010 for taking 70% of the snaps and either taking 70% of the snaps in a Super Bowl or winning a Super Bowl.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

FOUR MILLION DOLLAR bonus for taking 60% of the snaps? Guess that's 8 mill the last couple years for Jay ... plus he finished top 5 in a couple passing catgories this year - at least one, totals yards - that's $1.9 million more. His incentives can be only a maximum 45% of his pay, though.

Anybody here a CPA? ???

eddie mac
02-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks, I see ... RFA status. That actually might help us with this '06 class. Some of these guys will get offers, Scheff, Kuper, Doom, B-Marsh ... if we have to let one go, at least we'll get a pick or two back.

This is interesting:

FOUR MILLION DOLLAR bonus for taking 60% of the snaps? Guess that's 8 mill the last couple years for Jay ... plus he finished top 5 in a couple passing catgories this year - at least one, totals yards - that's $1.9 million more. His incentives can be only a maximum 45% of his pay, though.

Anybody here a CPA? ???

The $4m is for 1 year only, he doesn't get it every year and he reached that escalator in 2007.

BroncoBuff
02-10-2009, 02:11 PM
"in any of," you're right. How silly of me.