PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels video interview on Denverbroncos.com

cmhargrove
02-10-2009, 08:22 AM
It's 12:30 long, but definitely worth a look, here's my take:

1. He's a cool character, and acts older than his "age."
2. He has his hand in every facet of the team.
3. They are "teaching the systems" to all the coaches right now. So, we already have a system (offensively and defensively), it just hasn't been unveiled yet.
4. We will adapt week to week. So we will probably get very qualified 3-4 players, but play 4-3 when the opposition dictates it (kind of like the Pats did).
5. He says there will be noticeable changes on offense and defense. He likes the word "aggressive" to describe both.
6. He takes pride in a good running game, and is not about QB stats. He wants to be balanced to win games. You get the feel like he really wants to "fix" the run game.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609

The first 6-7 minutes of the interview are about the team, the last half is about him, and his family. Definitely worth a look.

montrose
02-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Good interview, I like Coach Josh.

broncoblue
02-10-2009, 09:09 AM
all da way

Fusionfrontman
02-10-2009, 09:47 AM
He makes me feel good inside....

oubronco
02-10-2009, 09:53 AM
It's 12:30 long, but definitely worth a look, here's my take:

1. He's a cool character, and acts older than his "age."
2. He has his hand in every facet of the team.
3. They are "teaching the systems" to all the coaches right now. So, we already have a system (offensively and defensively), it just hasn't been unveiled yet.
4. We will adapt week to week. So we will probably get very qualified 3-4 players, but play 4-3 when the opposition dictates it (kind of like the Pats did).
5. He says there will be noticeable changes on offense and defense. He likes the word "aggressive" to describe both.
6. He takes pride in a good running game, and is not about QB stats. He wants to be balanced to win games. You get the feel like he really wants to "fix" the run game.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609

The first 6-7 minutes of the interview are about the team, the last half is about him, and his family. Definitely worth a look.

this is what we have needed for a long time :strong:

BroncoMan4ever
02-10-2009, 12:37 PM
thank christ. it is about damn time we get aggressive. we have been finesse way too long. and fixing the running game is huge. i love that he wants a balanced offense.

i just hope we can get a couple guys with a nasty streak to them in the draft or FA. I know he was a turd but we need another Romo on the defense, and we need a leader also, a new Al Wilson.

Kaylore
02-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Good interview, I like Coach Josh.

Yeah me too.

theAPAOps5
02-10-2009, 01:04 PM
But according to Lex he will never run the ball. So is he lying to us!

Seriously though, I like the coach more and more!

NFLBRONCO
02-10-2009, 01:20 PM
I liked him alot from the beginning NEW BLOOD NEW IDEAS ty Pat.

Inkana7
02-10-2009, 03:10 PM
But according to Lex he will never run the ball. So is he lying to us!

Seriously though, I like the coach more and more!

"N WEN HE DOZ HE WIL RUNN FRM DA SHOTGUNN!!!!"

Kaylore
02-10-2009, 03:22 PM
"N WEN HE DOZ HE WIL RUNN FRM DA SHOTGUNN!!!!"

"RYAN CLADY IS TEH BUZT. WE SHOOD HAF DRIFTED STEWERT OR MENDENHALL!!1!!!!1!!!"

cmhargrove
02-10-2009, 03:32 PM

You bastages are hijacking my thread with jacked up internet-speak.
:nutkick

24champ
02-10-2009, 03:40 PM

Clady diz nawt make dah pro-bol and not ROY. If he waz nawt in teh draft we wood hav picd a RB and wint to dah play offs!!!!!!!!

MENDENHALL 4 LIFez yo!:D

Br0nc0Buster
02-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah and people STILL want us to draft a RB with the first pick....Uhh

So far I am impressed with him.

He seems intelligent and knows what direction he wants to go.
I hope Nolan can get something out of our trash defense

theAPAOps5
02-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah and people STILL want us to draft a RB with the first pick....Uhh

So far I am impressed with him.

He seems intelligent and knows what direction he wants to go.
I hope Nolan can get something out of our trash defense

Expect to see a lot of retooling on the D. I am interested to see the cuts. But when its all said and done I hope the Defense just finds middle of the pack type output. But to get to an elite status its going to take another couple successful drafts. No matter what its made the off season very intriguing.

HEAV
02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Wow totally different from his introduction presser! Much more in control, clam and you can see the confidence he has in himself.

I really like this guy and haven't been this excited about the Broncos in a long time!

HEAV
02-10-2009, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=ApaOps5;2286483]But according to Lex he will never run the ball. So is he lying to us!QUOTE]

" Pats 6th in the league in rushing last year." " Run and balance are important"

DB Doom
02-10-2009, 04:45 PM
does josh have a crazy eye?

DB Doom
02-10-2009, 04:49 PM
that right one seems to have a mind of its own...just sayin.

DB Doom
02-10-2009, 04:54 PM
maybe its the left...maybe i'm staring too deeply into his eyes..sorry.

DB Doom
02-10-2009, 04:59 PM
you think its a tell when he pulls on his collar when the guy mentions Boss Bailey..? i'm way into the interview obviously

Kaylore
02-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Wow totally different from his introduction presser! Much more in control, clam and you can see the confidence he has in himself.

I really like this guy and haven't been this excited about the Broncos in a long time!

I think he was nervous and excited in his presser. He'll get better at talking to the media as his career goes on. He didn't get a lot of practice doing that at NE.