View Full Version : My top 3 for Denver @12 right now

NFLBRONCO
02-09-2009, 11:35 PM
1. Curry
2. Raji
3. Rey Rey

BroncoBuff
02-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Curry and Raji will be long gone I think ... Curry might even be the #1 overall to the Lions, if the rumors they're gonna wait to draft a QB until 2010 are correct.

SoCalBronco
02-10-2009, 12:11 AM
1. Raji
2. Brown
3. Wells/Moreno

cmhargrove
02-10-2009, 07:39 AM
1. Curry
2. Everette Brown
3. Raji
4. Trade down and pick up another second rounder.

s0phr0syne
02-10-2009, 07:58 AM
OT, but to me it shows just how differently some prospects are approaching their future:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ea9db1

Snarfalicious
02-10-2009, 07:59 AM
1. Curry
2. Raji
3. Rey Rey

Don't forget about Everette Brown. I would def. put Brown in before Raji. I'm not sold on Raji, and Brown would instantly give us our own version of Terrell Suggs, which would instantly help our pass-rush and hopefully lead to some erratic throws and many sacks.

s0phr0syne
02-10-2009, 08:09 AM
So the E. Brown people see him playing WOLB, right? or will he be a DE in a 3-4?

SoDak Bronco
02-10-2009, 09:03 AM
I think there are going to be a lot of busts in the first round(more so than normal), I hope we find a guy that fits our system and is an instant impact.

MagicHef
02-10-2009, 09:54 AM
So the E. Brown people see him playing WOLB, right? or will he be a DE in a 3-4?

WOLB or SOLB. I don't think he would be very successful at DE.

cmhargrove
02-10-2009, 09:55 AM

If you watch his highlights, he looks like a good 3-4 OLB prospect (not a 3-4 DE).

If we run a hybrid, he can also be a great 4-3 pass rushing D-end. He looks like he could do both, which makes him a potentially valuable target for a team that might do both.

oubronco
02-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I think there are going to be a lot of busts in the first round(more so than normal), I hope we find a guy that fits our system and is an instant impact.

thats exactly what this defense needs is "IMPACT" players and I hope they hit a grandslam in this draft

bap454
02-10-2009, 10:14 AM
thats exactly what this defense needs is "IMPACT" players and I hope they hit a grandslam in this draft

While I think that Raji would fit a need.... I just dont see the impact that we desprately need from him. He will take years to develope. I also think his bust factor is huge. I will break something If we draft this guy.... it will be Moss2 all over again.

Northman
02-10-2009, 10:16 AM
1. Maualuga
2. Brown
3. Moreno

bap454
02-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Our pick has to be a defensive player.

1A) Curry (pipe dream) would solidify our LB's
1B) Orakpo -huge upgrade from Engelberger
2) Rey Rey - a position to be an immediate impact
3) Jenkins - great value at 12 and would be able to play safety or CB.

Kaylore
02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
1. Orakpo
2. Brown
3. Raji

cmhargrove
02-10-2009, 10:41 AM
1. Orakpo
2. Brown
3. Raji

I'm interested in this one Kaylore - why Okrapo?

I watch a lot of big 12 football, and he just didn't drop my jaw. He looks like Crowder did at Texas. He could beat some guys up with his bullrush, but not much else.

Would you see him as a 3-4 DE? I think his skill set matches the DE, but his size might say OLB. Tell me what you see in him?

NFLBRONCO
02-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Don't forget about Everette Brown. I would def. put Brown in before Raji. I'm not sold on Raji, and Brown would instantly give us our own version of Terrell Suggs, which would instantly help our pass-rush and hopefully lead to some erratic throws and many sacks.

Here is in my top 5 players I think we could take at 12 before FA.

1. Curry
2. Raji
3. Rey Rey
4. E. Brown
5. McCoy/Wells

Arkie
02-10-2009, 11:00 AM
I would love to have Curry at 12, but I haven't seen a mock draft this month that has him falling out of the top 10.

Kaylore
02-10-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm interested in this one Kaylore - why Okrapo?

I watch a lot of big 12 football, and he just didn't drop my jaw. He looks like Crowder did at Texas. He could beat some guys up with his bullrush, but not much else.

Would you see him as a 3-4 DE? I think his skill set matches the DE, but his size might say OLB. Tell me what you see in him?

I'm obviously in the minority in this thread, but you watched Big 12 and weren't impressed? Didn't he win defensive player of the year as well as the Lombardi award and some other such awards? I think he's the opposite of Crowder. Crowder was my third to least favorite DE coming out of school. Unathletic and boring. Orakpo was nicked up his junior year. He's explosive and very athletic. He's the perfect size for a 3-4 OLB but can move like a Sam in space. I think he'd be a great pick up. Mayock has him as the number 2 OLB. That's enough for me. :) I like him more than Brown.

oubronco
02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
as a big 12 guy I watched Orakpo as well he was a little better than Crowder IMO but he did play better as the competition was better but not #12 better

BroncoMan4ever
02-10-2009, 12:32 PM
1. Raji
2. Brown
3. Wells/Moreno

i have to ask, what is eveyone's love affair with Moreno all about? from what i see of him he is just a higher rated version of Selvin Young.

socalorado
02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
i have to ask, what is eveyone's love affair with Moreno all about? from what i see of him he is just a higher rated version of Selvin Young.

YEah, i would rather have
Greene
McCoy
Jennings
DBrown

NFLBRONCO
02-10-2009, 01:06 PM
I forgot about McCoy I do like him over Moreno

cmhargrove
02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
YEah, i would rather have
Greene
McCoy
Jennings
DBrown

Yep, rounds 3-5 should still have some good quality RB talent. One of these guys will probably be a real gem.

ward63
02-10-2009, 03:57 PM
If we get Raji or Curry, then I am dancing the night away on that Saturday!

bpc
02-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Too bad Raji won't fit as a 3-4 NT. He'll play about as well as Robertson did for the Jets when they tried to cast him in that role.

I think Maualuga is too much of a boom or bust prospect.

1. Curry
2. Brown
3. Maclin

Unfortunately all of those guys are going to be gone in the 1st round.

A dream scenario would be to trade back late into the 1st, picking up a high second and then drafting Tyson Jackson SDE, Paul Kruger WDE, and Clay Mathews SAM. We need more picks to help out this sagging defensive unit.

ayjackson
02-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Outside of Curry, I don't think there's anybody for the Broncos at the top of the draft. I guess if Jackson had a great combine, he could move up into the 10-15 range. My preference would be for the Broncos to move down and add picks.

Then they can look for guys like Jackson, Brace, Gilbert, Barwin, Sintim, Delmas, Kruger, English, etc. at the end of the first and in the second.

Paladin
02-10-2009, 10:20 PM

This is why I am not sure that the "big name" guys will necessarily be on the Broncos' radar. I would not be surprised if Goodman et al don't draft to fit the needs of the scheme rather than simply the name fellows.

I would have no idea who the Broncos would be interested in. It may also be true that the Broncos will trade down even before the draft. That could be partially an economic move, but also an attempt to pickup a bit more. For example, I would not be surprised if a trade were made for the first pick for someone and a lower pick. WR? RB? MLB? There may few out there that might be worthy.

I am coming from the idea that many here do not think there are too many guys worthy of a 12 pick. But there are several that are good 2 and 3 round prospects.

Truth be told, I don't think any of us rally have a clue s to how the Broncos will draft this year. Nor do I think FA will be predictable.

FA coming!!!

nickademus
02-10-2009, 10:48 PM
If you watch his highlights, he looks like a good 3-4 OLB prospect (not a 3-4 DE).

If we run a hybrid, he can also be a great 4-3 pass rushing D-end. He looks like he could do both, which makes him a potentially valuable target for a team that might do both.

I like Brown for this reason. I feel like Curry may be the second best player in the draft behind Crabtree. I really doubt that the Lions pass on Stafford but I couldnt blame them if they felt like 2009 would be another lost season and for that reason they might as well wait untill 2010 to take one of the qbs as they would have a high pick once again.

nickademus
02-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Too bad Raji won't fit as a 3-4 NT. He'll play about as well as Robertson did for the Jets when they tried to cast him in that role.

I think Maualuga is too much of a boom or bust prospect.

1. Curry
2. Brown
3. Maclin

Unfortunately all of those guys are going to be gone in the 1st round.

A dream scenario would be to trade back late into the 1st, picking up a high second and then drafting Tyson Jackson SDE, Paul Kruger WDE, and Clay Mathews SAM. We need more picks to help out this sagging defensive unit.
they only way that Maclin is a Bronco is if we move way down in the first I would loose it if we took Maclin @12 I would compair that to the Fins taking Ginn two years ago.

bpc
02-11-2009, 04:55 AM
Maclin is a top 10 player in this draft. Are you really comparing him to Ginn? Ginn never had over 1000 yds rec. in his career at Ohio State. Maclin has done that two straight seasons registering 1055 2 yrs ago and 1280 this year. He also has caught 80 passes and 95 respectively. Ginn never got over 59 catches.

You are comparing apples and oranges because both are 5'11" WR's with track speed. Maclin has proven time and time again that he is a difference maker on the field and while I don't doubt we have more pressing issues on our team, we are going to be throwing a lot with 3 WR sets and only two real answers at WR. The offense that McDaniels ran at NE featured a vertical passing game, something this offense doesn't have even with its strong armed QB. Marshall can't go long because he's a bigger guy and can't get off coverage down the field. IMO his arm is still messed up. Royal is a guy that has a lot of ability but I think his true position is in a Wes Welker role within this offense. I think he's quicker, more agile than he is blazing fast down the field. He'd work well in the underneath routes. What we don't have is a true deep threat who stretches the defense and forces the defense to play honest in the secondary. Maclin could instantly bring that to the table.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter though. I fully expect Maclin to be off the board by the Raiders selection at #7. Unfortunately all of the targets I want will be off the board. I think Denver gets stuck having to make a choice on a guy like Malcom Jenkins or a offensive lineman that slides down to us. Hopefully we can trade out of that spot.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KChYRBnDCJ8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KChYRBnDCJ8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Northman
02-11-2009, 04:59 AM
I dont see us taking a receiver that early in the draft this year if at all.

bpc
02-11-2009, 05:49 AM
It's called BPA. You grab the best player on the board regardless of position or need. Most of all you don't reach on a player because you have needs there.

Minnesota didn't need Randy Moss when he was drafted. They had Cris Carter and Jake Reed.

That move got them one game away from the super bowl the following season.

If Maclin is the BPA on the board, you take him. My 1st priority is to trade back. If we were to land Maclin though, I wouldn't feel bad about it. He adds a dimension to our team that we don't currently have.

Maualuga is too boom or bust for me. Raji would be out of position here. Brown will be long gone. Maclin probably will be as well so it makes the discussion mute.

Northman
02-11-2009, 06:00 AM
It's called BPA. You grab the best player on the board regardless of position or need. Most of all you don't reach on a player because you have needs there.

Minnesota didn't need Randy Moss when he was drafted. They had Cris Carter and Jake Reed.

If Maclin is the BPA on the board, you take him. My 1st priority is to trade back. If we were to land Maclin though, I wouldn't feel bad about it. He adds a dimension to our team that we don't currently have.

Maualuga is too boom or bust for me. Raji would be out of position here. Brown will be long gone. Maclin probably will be as well so it makes the discussion mute.

Although i agree with the BPA philosphy i dont think Maualuga will be a Bust. I see him as a playmaker that Denver sorely needs, especially on defense where that is severely lacking. Brown and Curry would be nice but both of them probably wont even make it out of the top 10. Maclin is nice but just not a immediate need for this team right now regardless if he is still BPA available on the board. Throw in the fact that Denver generally doesnt view the draft in that way i really dont see it happening. The Goodman's have done a good job the last couple of years and i expect that to continue this year. A lot of people didnt think Royal would be an impact either so i think the organization has done a good job in terms of researching their players of interest.

oubronco
02-11-2009, 08:02 AM
1. Curry
2. Jenkins
3. Brown

cmhargrove
02-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Although i agree with the BPA philosphy i dont think Maualuga will be a Bust. I see him as a playmaker that Denver sorely needs, especially on defense where that is severely lacking. Brown and Curry would be nice but both of them probably wont even make it out of the top 10. Maclin is nice but just not a immediate need for this team right now regardless if he is still BPA available on the board. Throw in the fact that Denver generally doesnt view the draft in that way i really dont see it happening. The Goodman's have done a good job the last couple of years and i expect that to continue this year. A lot of people didnt think Royal would be an impact either so i think the organization has done a good job in terms of researching their players of interest.

I think Maualuga has boom/bust potential, but I think most people are starting to agree he doesn't look like a #12 pick, that's the main hesitation with him.

If we trade down in the first, he could be a good value.

lex
02-11-2009, 08:47 AM

Its really the player of greatest utilization. For example, I kind of doubt we'd take a QB regardless of how appealing he seemed. And the way some people freak out at mentioning taking a RB, it kind of makes me wonder what they must feel when someone proposes taking a WR.

lex
02-11-2009, 08:50 AM
1. Curry
2. Jenkins
3. Brown

No on Jenkins. We should know enough by now to stop building the team from back to front.

Also, Brown makes me a little nervous. He is extremely explosive. Its obvious when you youtube him. But one thing that makes me wary is how he got all those sacks against a few teams. What happened the rest of the season? Theres a bust factor that has me worried.

bpc
02-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Interesting thoughts by all here...

Maualuga is so inconsistent, he scares the crap out of me. We need a definite playmaker or somebody that can have an impact at 12. The problem with Rey is that his game has been so protected by Pete Carroll, you don't know what he really is. If we can funnel the game towards him like Petey did, maybe he can do some good things. When I look at him though, i see a guy that has a hard time reading his keys, is somewhat slow to react, can't get off blocks consistently and plays way too high. Rey's game is having things dumbed down for him. Run from point a to point b. He can't have assignments where he's told to read two or three keys because he's slow at it. In the 3-4, people will rely on him to do that.

Everette Brown is flat out explosive and a guy that I think can break through on the next level at 3-4 OLB. He is a playmaker that forces fumblers and creates sacks. He's also a tough player to stop in the run game. He has great quick twitch fibers to flip his hips and redirect. I think he'll be the most natural of the DE's trying to convert to this position.

I'm open to Malcom Jenkins if he is the BPA at 12. He might be there. I think we all know that Bly is not the answer and Champ is getting older.

Jeremy Maclin is going to be very good on the next level. He'll run a 4.3 40, he's got good hands and understands coverages. He's been polished in the Mizzou passing system. I think he is the key that could take our passing game to another level, and by that I mean with TD's and points.

Mediator12
02-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Interesting thoughts by all here...

Maualuga is so inconsistent, he scares the crap out of me. We need a definite playmaker or somebody that can have an impact at 12. The problem with Rey is that his game has been so protected by Pete Carroll, you don't know what he really is. If we can funnel the game towards him like Petey did, maybe he can do some good things. When I look at him though, i see a guy that has a hard time reading his keys, is somewhat slow to react, can't get off blocks consistently and plays way too high. Rey's game is having things dumbed down for him. Run from point a to point b. He can't have assignments where he's told to read two or three keys because he's slow at it. In the 3-4, people will rely on him to do that.

Everette Brown is flat out explosive and a guy that I think can break through on the next level at 3-4 OLB. He is a playmaker that forces fumblers and creates sacks. He's also a tough player to stop in the run game. He has great quick twitch fibers to flip his hips and redirect. I think he'll be the most natural of the DE's trying to convert to this position.

I'm open to Malcom Jenkins if he is the BPA at 12. He might be there. I think we all know that Bly is not the answer and Champ is getting older.

Jeremy Maclin is going to be very good on the next level. He'll run a 4.3 40, he's got good hands and understands coverages. He's been polished in the Mizzou passing system. I think he is the key that could take our passing game to another level, and by that I mean with TD's and points.

These are the exact same concerns I have with Maualuga for the most part. After the Senior bowl, I seriously consider if he can be more than a part time player as well. He looks lost in coverage and PA and while he could be an old fashioned MIKE runstufffer, for 50% of the plays or more he could be a total liability. That is not a 12th pick type player value. More like an early 2cd at best.

SoDak Bronco
02-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Okay, I just watched the 10 minute youtube video of Everette Brown, he is the man I want at 12 now. OMG

SoDak Bronco
02-11-2009, 09:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJJ14HL5EE

lex
02-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Okay, I just watched the 10 minute youtube video of Everette Brown, he is the man I want at 12 now. OMG

The only thing is though, he amassed most of his sacks over a small number of games. And I think some of those teams had first year tackles. I remember one of the teams being Va Tech who lost Duane Brown to the draft last year. Yeah, he's very explosive. But he also seems a little risky. I wouldnt have a problem with them drafting him though.

SoDak Bronco
02-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Yeah, he seems to be a guy who has a huge upside though. I think he is probably going to be gone by #12 but if he does slip I like him much better then any other OLB/DE in this draft. Espeically how he plays compared to Orakpo, i like this guy much better. If we can get either E Brown or Raji I would be happy as I think both will come in day one and start

bap454
02-11-2009, 10:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGUc3UL64f0

this guys a beast!

BroncoBuff
02-11-2009, 11:55 AM
I hope Maclin is drafted by an NFC team ... he's been big trouble in college, trust me, and he'll be a very very good Gates-like pass-catching TE in the NFL. He's a great route-runner, a tough football vacuum in traffic, and his yac is pretty great too.

goldengopher1976
02-11-2009, 12:01 PM
I hope Maclin is drafted by an NFC team ... he's been big trouble in college, trust me, and he'll be a very very good Gates-like pass-catching TE in the NFL. He's a great route-runner, a tough football vacuum in traffic, and his yac is pretty great too.

Normally your takes are right-on BB, but did you mean to compare the speedy WR from Mizzou to a TE? I mean, unless there's a Maclin I don't know about, I think you might be confused...

Either way, I think you're right about this: Maclin is going to be good in all the ways you mentioned (routes, catching, YAC).

Kaylore
02-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Then they can look for guys like Jackson, Brace, Gilbert, Barwin, Sintim, Delmas, Kruger, English, etc. at the end of the first and in the second.

Nice list.:thumbs:

goldengopher1976
02-11-2009, 12:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGUc3UL64f0

this guys a beast!

Orakpo might be my #1 right now for the 12 spot, and it looks like he might drop to us as well (if there's a run at OT).

1. Orakpo
2. Brown
3. Rey-Rey

Rohirrim
02-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Round One:
1. Everette Brown, OLB
2. Knowshon Moreno, RB
3. Brian Cushing, ILB

Round Two:
1. Max Unger, C
2. Clay Matthews, OLB
3. Patrick Chung, S

Drek
02-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Outside of Curry, I don't think there's anybody for the Broncos at the top of the draft. I guess if Jackson had a great combine, he could move up into the 10-15 range.

Unless he's found to have kryptonian DNA I can't see anything that would make me want to take a 5-tech DE in the top 15.

Especially when Chris Canty is a FA and hasn't even gotten an offer from the C'Boys. 6'7", 307 lbs., proven 5-tech who is only 26.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter though. I fully expect Maclin to be off the board by the Raiders selection at #7. Unfortunately all of the targets I want will be off the board. I think Denver gets stuck having to make a choice on a guy like Malcom Jenkins or a offensive lineman that slides down to us. Hopefully we can trade out of that spot.

I'd be more than happy with Jenkins. I got to agree with some recent comments (from Mayock I believe as well as NFL on Sirius) that he looks a lot like Antrel Rolle. He could be a great answer for a ballhawking FS and if he shows good playing speed he could even replace Bly at corner in a year or two.

Completely agree on Maclin though. Crabtree is a beast but Maclin is an equally imposing beast, just with the exact opposite skill set.

These are the exact same concerns I have with Maualuga for the most part. After the Senior bowl, I seriously consider if he can be more than a part time player as well. He looks lost in coverage and PA and while he could be an old fashioned MIKE runstufffer, for 50% of the plays or more he could be a total liability. That is not a 12th pick type player value. More like an early 2cd at best.

Very much agree. The only way I'd be happy with Maualuga is if Nolan is really sold on him and thinks he can teach him how to be an every down impact player. I don't much question Nolan's ability to identify and coach LB talent as he's been hitting homeruns at that for much of his career.

BroncoBuff
02-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Normally your takes are right-on BB, but did you mean to compare the speedy WR from Mizzou to a TE? I mean, unless there's a Maclin I don't know about, I think you might be confused...

Either way, I think you're right about this: Maclin is going to be good in all the ways you mentioned (routes, catching, YAC).
You're right, sorry ... I mixed up the Missouri receiver names ... I was thinking of their great TE Chase Coffman. He's the highest or one of the highest TEs coming out. He beat us up (CU) pretty bad the last couple years ... I think Coffman scored three TDs against us in Boulder in 2007.

Yes, Jeremy Maclin is a blur, and a very disiplined player (think of a taller Eddie Royal), he's the all-time all-purpose yards record holder at Mizzou. And I agree he's a much more well-rounded player than Ginn was headed into the draft. Next to Crabtree, Maclin's probably the best wideout available.

MVP-06
02-11-2009, 03:56 PM
1. Rey Rey
2. Brown
3. Orakpo

Curry at #12 is a pipedream

ayjackson
02-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Unless he's found to have kryptonian DNA I can't see anything that would make me want to take a 5-tech DE in the top 15.

Why wouldn't you take a 3-4 end in the top 15? 6'5" 300 pound athletes don't grow on trees. They go early because they're scarce. This defence will be built from the line out. If Jackson impresses at the combine, he'll be an excellent pick at #12 - far better than any of these high risk DE-OLB conversion projects.

BroncoBuff
02-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Curry at #12 is a pipedream
True, but according to Mike Mayock, Brian Orakpo is looking more and more like a 3-4 Jack OLB ... and he might be available at #12. I've watched him a fair amount, and he is a beast of a pass-rusher.

Bad timing, though ... Mayock said this just when I was getting excited about Dumervil in the Jack-OLB spot ... what're you gonna do? ???

BroncoBuff
02-11-2009, 07:29 PM
What? Did I miss something? ???

cmhargrove
02-13-2009, 07:42 AM
Round One:
1. Everette Brown, OLB
2. Knowshon Moreno, RB
3. Brian Cushing, ILB

Round Two:
1. Max Unger, C
2. Clay Matthews, OLB
3. Patrick Chung, S

Just something I came across at CBSSports.com about Cushing since many are high on him.

By most accounts Cushing was among the more impressive linebackers throughout the week of practice at the Senior Bowl. Rather than focusing on his athleticism and instincts on the field, however, scouts in the stands were buzzing about reports that Cushing spends thousands of dollars a month on nutritional supplements. While no one is claiming Cushing's supplements should be confused with illegal steroids, it does raise questions about how maxed out Cushing might be -- questions that could push the All-American down the board considering the top-end talent this year at linebacker.

link: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/risersandfallers

Rohirrim
02-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Just something I came across at CBSSports.com about Cushing since many are high on him.

By most accounts Cushing was among the more impressive linebackers throughout the week of practice at the Senior Bowl. Rather than focusing on his athleticism and instincts on the field, however, scouts in the stands were buzzing about reports that Cushing spends thousands of dollars a month on nutritional supplements. While no one is claiming Cushing's supplements should be confused with illegal steroids, it does raise questions about how maxed out Cushing might be -- questions that could push the All-American down the board considering the top-end talent this year at linebacker.

link: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/risersandfallers

Romonowski did the same thing. He had a good career. It also means the guy is probably intensely focused on his physical capabilities. Since when does a player get marked down for that?

27atwater
02-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Raji
E Brown
Tyson Jacson
Running Back

Elway777
02-15-2009, 11:30 AM
1. Everette Brown
2. Raji
3. Rey Rey
I would also consider trading our 1 and 3 to move up for Brown.

27atwater
02-15-2009, 11:47 AM
W/ all our needs, I don't wanna trade UP. I trade back for names like Moreno, McCoy, Tyson jackson, Cushing, and a few others.

Inkana7
02-15-2009, 12:07 PM
There are a lot of guys who would be good 3-4 OLBs. The only one I'm wary of is Maybin. He just looks small.

27atwater
02-15-2009, 12:54 PM
He is small. Weighs like 225-232 or sumthin like that. He is a badass though. Great motor. I wouldn't take him at 12, but he'll go 1st round.

GoBroncos84
02-15-2009, 06:29 PM
1- Rey
2- Knowshon
3- Brown/Orakpo (not sure which I prefer yet)

I think we could get one of those guys at a later pick, so I would love to move down. I would add Tyson Jackson to the list also if we moved. It's hard to forecast, because we don't know how well our current players will transition, so we don't know what position is a bigger need. I think Rey can be very effective in a 3-4 or 4-3 alignment. I think Dumervil will transition well as an OLB, I do not know if Moss or Crowder will but if one of them can then we don't need an OLB in the first round. I think DJ is set, but I do not know if Spencer Larsen will be a stellar ILB in a 3-4 and he doesn't have the range to be the MLB in our 4-3 sets. Great depth and special teams player, but I don't see him as a starter yet. So thinking that Dumervil can start and perform at a high level, and hoping that one of our first day picks from '07 can be at least decent makes ILB a bigger need in my opinion. And I really like Rey

I would also be very happy with Knowshon Moreno. I think he is the most complete back in the draft. Great runner, very good receiver, excellent pass blocker. He has it all. A big time running back takes a lot of pressure off of a young QB and keeps defenses honest. He could be the piece offensively that pushes us over the top, and then focus the rest of the draft and free agency primarily on defense.

montrose
02-16-2009, 12:49 PM
1) Cushing
2) Maualuga
3) Brown or Orakpo

socalorado
02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
1) Cushing
2) Maualuga
3) Brown or Orakpo

WOW! Lets say for the sake of discussion that DEN took Cushing at #12, then who do you think should be targeted at #48?

montrose
02-16-2009, 01:39 PM
WOW! Lets say for the sake of discussion that DEN took Cushing at #12, then who do you think should be targeted at #48?

I don't pretend to know a lot about this years class, but from where some guys are supposed to go in mock drafts and a breezing over of prospects, here are some possibilities:

Ron Brace, NT, Boston College
Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan
Kyle Moore, DE, USC
Evander Hood, DE, Missouri
Terrance Taylor, NT, Michigan

cmhargrove
02-16-2009, 01:43 PM
I don't pretend to know a lot about this years class, but from where some guys are supposed to go in mock drafts and a breezing over of prospects, here are some possibilities:

Ron Brace, NT, Boston College
Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan
Kyle Moore, DE, USC
Evander Hood, DE, Missouri
Terrance Taylor, NT, Michigan

I'll have to throw in my secret wish. Shonn Greene.

I really hope we draft the best safety available, but I think Greene would look awful sweet in orange and blue.

Everyone on our coaching staff drafted "feature backs" with high draft picks. The Patriots, Panthers, and 49ers all have high draft picks as their starting TB's. Just sayin'...

skpac1001
02-16-2009, 02:18 PM

I really hope we draft the best safety available, but I think Greene would look awful sweet in orange and blue.

Everyone on our coaching staff drafted "feature backs" with high draft picks. The Patriots, Panthers, and 49ers all have high draft picks as their starting TB's. Just sayin'...

I am with you, I like Greene. It would be tough to pass Brace though if we missed Raji in the first.

Greene fans might appreciate this...
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/nfp-rb-attribute-rankings/

socalorado
02-16-2009, 02:55 PM

I like Greene too! I have had him in my mocks here for months! I cant believe how many dont like him! The biased aspect of the draft forum is unreal!
Greene would complete the offense and make Cutlers job so much easier!
A Greene/Hillis/Torain pounding would make teams not want to play DEN, thats for sure.