PDA

View Full Version : Which Superpower...

bowtown
02-09-2009, 01:51 PM
If you could have any one superpower (excluding flying) what would it be? Everyone wants to fly so that's off the table. You can invent your own superpower or choose one that has already been created. What would you pick?

Kaylore
02-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Teleporting.

DomCasual
02-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I'd want to be able to throw a football over them mountains.

Man-Goblin
02-09-2009, 01:54 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/cujosKlan/x_ray_vision_014_303_404_Worth100.jpgX-ray vision

Archer81
02-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Ability to read minds.

:Broncos:

oubronco
02-09-2009, 01:59 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/cujosKlan/x_ray_vision_014_303_404_Worth100.jpgX-ray vision

:notworthy ROFL!

gyldenlove
02-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Shapeshifting.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
To stop the mane from having "the sky is falling" mentality.

gyldenlove
02-09-2009, 02:08 PM
To stop the mane from having "the sky is falling" mentality.

That is a mathematical impossibility.

BroncoFanatic
02-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Invisibility or teleporting, I'm tossed. Maybe I'll try both :ninja:

Rohirrim
02-09-2009, 02:15 PM
http://www.celluloidandvinyl.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/silver-surfer-comic-marvel-3700369.jpg

Broncosfreak_56
02-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Shapeshifting. I wanna see life from the perspective of a dog. :D

Willynowei
02-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Easy. Mind control.

... Imagine the possibilities

you can have any woman, combination of women.
You can also have any amount of money, or run a country or every country.

Only thing I'd rather have is eternal life (physically). Then i could probably live out every fantasy.

Beantown Bronco
02-09-2009, 02:22 PM
I'd say "the ability to print my own money", but the thread would quickly get moved to the WRP forum........so I'll keep it clean and say:

psychic powers like Dennis Quaid in the movie, Dreamscape.

Beantown Bronco
02-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Shapeshifting. I wanna see life from the perspective of a dog. :D

you can start by eating other dog's sh*t. :)

Archer81
Ability to enlarge any part of my body at will...

bowtown

This sounds like an admission to me. :welcome:

Beantown Bronco
02-09-2009, 02:24 PM

Judging by your gut, I'd say you already have that power. :wiggle:

Archer81
02-09-2009, 02:24 PM
This sounds like an admission to me. :welcome:

If a foot is good...2 would be better...ha...

Archer81
02-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Judging by your gut, I'd say you already have that power. :wiggle:

Thats actually shrank a bit.

Kaylore
02-09-2009, 02:25 PM
No one has said flying yet. I gotta say I'm proud. Probably the most overrated super power ever.

davidtkd
02-09-2009, 02:27 PM
The ability to read/speak/understand any language (including mathematics and music). One of the Young X-Men used to have this power, I think his name was Cypher.

tsiguy96
02-09-2009, 02:28 PM
No one has said flying yet. I gotta say I'm proud. Probably the most overrated super power ever.

reading comprehension ftw

Everyone wants to fly so that's off the table

bowtown
02-09-2009, 02:28 PM

Are you proud that no one wants to fly or are you proud that everyone that has posted thus far already has the power of reading comprehension? I took flying off the table. :~ohyah!:

DomCasual
02-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Ability to read minds.

That would last about a year. Then, you would kill yourself.

Seriously, no one wants to know what other people are thinking about them. Everyone thinks bad things, at times. And knowing those bad things would be absolutely horrible. EVERYTHING would get blown out of proportion.

You would end up a basket case.

Doggcow
02-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Be able to Fly. I'd play for the Broncos and intercept everything!

And play some Bball, Jordan who?!

KillerBronco#76
02-09-2009, 02:33 PM
the ability to obtain any written information through osmosis.

I could probley figure out how to make half of these super powers through technology if i could just touch a book and know all the information in it.

could deffinitley figure out mind control, invisibility and teleportation for starters.

Mind control is easier than you think take a look at political history.

Kaylore
02-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Are you proud that no one wants to fly or are you proud that everyone that has posted thus far already has the power of reading comprehension? I took flying off the table. :~ohyah!:

Woops. I'm stupid.:dummy:

Archer81
02-09-2009, 02:36 PM
That would last about a year. Then, you would kill yourself.

Seriously, no one wants to know what other people are thinking about them. Everyone thinks bad things, at times. And knowing those bad things would be absolutely horrible. EVERYTHING would get blown out of proportion.

You would end up a basket case.

Rethinking my position. I would want to be Wolverine. Adamantium skeleton and all.

DomCasual
02-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Rethinking my position. I would want to be Wolverine. Adamantium skeleton and all.

I can't think of any drawbacks to being a Wolverine.

bowtown
02-09-2009, 02:40 PM
With the way this day is going for me so far and with the little amount of sleep I got last night, I'm seriously considering making my superpower the ability to always feel rested.

elsid13
02-09-2009, 02:48 PM
I am going with the ability to piss fire on command.

Beantown Bronco
02-09-2009, 02:51 PM

Eat some of the atomic meatballs mentioned in the tailgating recipe thread.

Pick Six
02-09-2009, 02:59 PM
If you could have any one superpower (excluding flying) what would it be? Everyone wants to fly so that's off the table. You can invent your own superpower or choose one that has already been created. What would you pick?

Actually, I WOULDN'T want to fly, because I'm afraid of heights. X-ray vision would be awesome...

Doggcow
02-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Or be able to beastmode, like Peyton Hillis, just an unstoppable Hulk-like wreaking ball!

Kaylore
02-09-2009, 03:03 PM
By the way, flying sucks. Anyone here that wants to fly hasn't given it some thought. Consider a few things.

Flying would be cold. It gets pretty chilly after you get up not even that high. It would be incredibly uncomfortable.

At even modest speeds the air would ripple your face pretty badly. You'd have to wear goggles or a motorcycle helmet. And then there's the bugs. You'd have all sorts of insects splatting on you. But really, you could not travel that fast. After a while the wind slamming into your body would start to suck. The resistance against your joints, face and the deafening sound of it all would suck.

You couldn't go very high before the lack of oxygen would get to you. You go too high and the cold and lack of air knocks you out and you fall to your death. Not to mention the strong winds you'd encounter. You'd get tossed about pretty easily.

How would you navigate? You honestly think it's easy to just look down? Have you ever flown an airplane? Do you have any idea what you're doing? With no on-board navigation system you wouldn't know what you were doing. "looking down" doesn't work as well as you think.

Would you really want to lay on your chest for however many minutes you were flying? Sure at first it would be fun but after awhile you'd get tired of hearing the wind in your ears. You'd need an I-pod or something to listen to. You couldn't eat while you fly. You couldn't take people with you (super strength is another power) so you'd get board.

Bottom line: Flying is for the birds. It would suck more than people think. You think it would be room temperature, quiet and there would be beautiful clouds to soar through. It would not be that way at all.

Flying sucks. I should know. I am able to do so. Woops, I've said too much.

LordHelmchen
02-09-2009, 03:04 PM
With the way this day is going for me so far and with the little amount of sleep I got last night, I'm seriously considering making my superpower the ability to always feel rested.

nice one, actually :thumbs:

Mine would be that I can stop time, and still move around..everyone and everything else is "frozen", and I can move around at willl and do the things I want .. and have the power to "awake" persons and things...

Peoples Champ
02-09-2009, 03:15 PM
nice one, actually :thumbs:

Mine would be that I can stop time, and still move around..everyone and everything else is "frozen", and I can move around at willl and do the things I want .. and have the power to "awake" persons and things...

That would be cool, especially if you can go back in time and rewind things. Even if it was for 5 minutes. Because Then I would take back the stupid S*** i say sometimes.

gyldenlove
02-09-2009, 03:15 PM

You are hairy as hell

Natedog24
02-09-2009, 03:16 PM
The ability to talk to sea creatures.

/sarcasm!

Mind control would actually be pretty awesome.

HILife
02-09-2009, 03:17 PM

The ablity to make women's cloths fall off in a single bounce.......That and Psychokinesis, Dark Phoenix style.

Archer81
02-09-2009, 03:19 PM
You are hairy as hell

Nothing wrong with that.

elsid13
02-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Nothing wrong with that.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2435/166fr.jpg

Archer81
02-09-2009, 03:36 PM

Thats gross...hair isnt bad though...because on Wolverine it = badass. Also, the Hugh Jackman wolverine wasnt that hairy.

Popps
02-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Time travel. Access to alternate dimensions. Telekinesis.

broncofan7
02-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Mind control. The ability to get others to do my bidding--including those others who have super powers that I don't possess!

chaz
02-09-2009, 04:30 PM
The ability to say the right thing...I find myself not knowing what to say in a lot of situations and i wish I knew what the right thing was

worm
02-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Teleporting.

Paris for dinner. Blink over to Alaska for some fishing. Zip down to Bora Bora for the surf. Pop up to the Space Station to check out the view.

NeverBeenToDenver
02-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Easy...the power to do whatever the hell I want.

go_broncos
02-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Invisible..

I can travel the entire world for free...:thumbsup:

Inkana7
02-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Reading minds.

I would finally understand women.

Popps
02-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Ability to heal. Forgot that one.

But, that one would come with some problems. Still, the ability to be able to pull that one out of your tool-kit would be pretty invaluable.

Los Broncos
02-09-2009, 05:58 PM
To really hear what people are thinking including what they are thinking about me.

I care what about think about me.

Kaylore
02-09-2009, 06:03 PM
To really hear what people are thinking including what they are thinking about me.

I care what about think about me.

Right now I'm thinking your grammar sucks.

Los Broncos
02-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Right now I'm thinking your grammar sucks.

Yeah and your grammar is right on.

BroncoBuff
02-09-2009, 06:07 PM
1) Time travel

2) Invisibility

3) Mind control (distant 3rd)

cutthemdown
02-09-2009, 06:14 PM
The ability to make people peaceful and happy.

Taco John
02-09-2009, 06:34 PM
The ability to make people peaceful and happy.

http://www.crashcamfilms.com/rockopera/images/bongman2.jpg

broncogary
02-09-2009, 06:59 PM

George "the Animal" Steele? My favorite wrestler. :thumbsup:

The ability to gnaw through turn-buckles. :P

Spider
02-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Invisibility ................ I would **** with the IRS in ways you could never imagine ...........

cutthemdown
02-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Invisibility ................ I would **** with the IRS in ways you could never imagine ...........

not to mention you could finally sneak around punching people in the throat instead of just making up stories about it.

broncosteven
02-09-2009, 07:17 PM

Then do any of the chicks in the Horizontal bob thread. I am sure the odds are after a night with any of them it will feel like your pissing fire.

Spider
02-09-2009, 07:23 PM
not to mention you could finally sneak around punching people in the throat instead of just making up stories about it.

LOL if we ever meet , I should just pop you one .......

cutthemdown
02-09-2009, 07:27 PM
LOL if we ever meet , I should just pop you one .......

OOOOOHHHHH Scary!!!!!!

Spider
02-09-2009, 07:28 PM
OOOOOHHHHH Scary!!!!!!

who said anything about scary ?

broncosteven
02-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I would like the Super power to manage a lifeboat rescue mission for an Apollo mission.

I would also like Gene's Project planning superpowers.

Miss I.
02-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Reading minds.

I would finally understand women.

Reading our minds would not help you understand us. Our Superpower is the ability to confuse the freaking heck out of men...With our great power comes great responsibility....ROFL!

Spider
02-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Reading our minds would not help you understand us. Our Superpower is the ability to confuse the freaking heck out of men...With our great power comes great responsibility....ROFL!
LOL no **** .... i was dating this gal one time she always kept me on my toes , I couldnt figure her out I was 19 , she was 28 , but she made one hellva home made lazaugna ... I would have married her , but her husband wouldnt have went for that ........ But what a ride while it lasted

baja
02-09-2009, 08:43 PM
To feel unconditional love for all including myself

TheDave
02-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Time travel... Time travel would be cool. :thumbs:

baja
02-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Or the power to cause climax in a look.

Kaylore
02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Yeah and your grammar is right on.

Oh come on! I was being funny! :D

Miss I.
02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Or the power to cause climax in a look.

Ahem....uh...Elsid, I think I know who wins ....ROFL!

Though you didn't specify gender so you walk into any room and all of a sudden random people start uh, getting all excited...Now that would be an interesting News Update....hee hee...Would be perfect for the naked news channel...

baja
02-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Ahem....uh...Elsid, I think I know who wins ....ROFL!

Though you didn't specify gender so you walk into any room and all of a sudden random people start uh, getting all excited...Now that would be an interesting News Update....hee hee...Would be perfect for the naked news channel...

No! It would be only the people I chose to pleasure and they might not even know it was me causing the pleasureing.

I would have caused George Bush to cum several times while he was giving a live speech, what fun the expressions would have been.

SoCalBronco
02-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Time travel... Time travel would be cool. :thumbs:

It's not that hard, Dave. Just a slingshot around the sun.

baja
02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Did you know the sun is actually cold?

TheDave
02-09-2009, 09:01 PM
It's not that hard, Dave. Just a slingshot around the sun.

Well if thats all...

Miss I.
02-09-2009, 09:04 PM
No! It would be only the people I chose to pleasure and they might not even know it was me causing the pleasureing.

I would have caused George Bush to cum several times while he was giving a live speech, what fun the expressions would have been.

I don't think I would want to see that....yewww

Spider
02-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Did you know the sun is actually cold?

LOL no way , that sucker is hot

baja
02-09-2009, 09:17 PM
LOL no way , that sucker is hot

only when the waves of energy hits something that's why space is near absolute zero

watermock
02-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Astral projection/Parallell universe, been there done that.

Telepathy would be cool but noisy.

Taco John
02-09-2009, 10:08 PM
I'd like to have the ability to eat the brains of people with superpowers, and absorb their abilities for my own. From reading this thread, it seems like it would be a useful power to have.

...also world peace.

Taco John
02-09-2009, 10:12 PM

Russians.

ZONA
02-09-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm stuck between 3 or 4.

1)Teleporting. That does sound very cool. Go everywhere in the world and back home in time for the game :)

2) Shapeshifting. Car breaks down, just turn into a bird and you got the whole flying thing and you don't have to worry about your skin getting cold and the other stuff. Want to sneak into the ladies locker room, just turn into fly and buzz on in, then shape shift into a towel as one of the hottest chicks drys off with it :thumbsup:

3) Michael lady powers - every woman in the world would want to throw herself at you. Now that would be damn cool. Not only would you get laid by the hottest chicks there are but since they want you so bad, you could also just ask them for all their money and they would give it to you.........lol

4) Magnito - I would love to control metal like he does. Nobody could do jack to you. What's that chump, gonna try and shoot me with your gun? Ahahahah. You could fly also, just sit in a chair with metal and away you go, flying through the air in your lazyboy - yeah.

Taco John
02-09-2009, 10:20 PM
By the way, flying sucks. Anyone here that wants to fly hasn't given it some thought. Consider a few things.

Flying would be cold. It gets pretty chilly after you get up not even that high. It would be incredibly uncomfortable.

At even modest speeds the air would ripple your face pretty badly. You'd have to wear goggles or a motorcycle helmet. And then there's the bugs. You'd have all sorts of insects splatting on you. But really, you could not travel that fast. After a while the wind slamming into your body would start to suck. The resistance against your joints, face and the deafening sound of it all would suck.

You couldn't go very high before the lack of oxygen would get to you. You go too high and the cold and lack of air knocks you out and you fall to your death. Not to mention the strong winds you'd encounter. You'd get tossed about pretty easily.

How would you navigate? You honestly think it's easy to just look down? Have you ever flown an airplane? Do you have any idea what you're doing? With no on-board navigation system you wouldn't know what you were doing. "looking down" doesn't work as well as you think.

Would you really want to lay on your chest for however many minutes you were flying? Sure at first it would be fun but after awhile you'd get tired of hearing the wind in your ears. You'd need an I-pod or something to listen to. You couldn't eat while you fly. You couldn't take people with you (super strength is another power) so you'd get board.

Bottom line: Flying is for the birds. It would suck more than people think. You think it would be room temperature, quiet and there would be beautiful clouds to soar through. It would not be that way at all.

Flying sucks. I should know. I am able to do so. Woops, I've said too much.

You're wrong on all counts. I had a dream about this once. Men could only fly if they had developed their Tan Tiens to the point of mastery (particularly the lower one). Such inner mastery would provide the added warmth, not to mention an electromagnetic field which would assist in cutting through any minor obstacles (bugs) or turbulance.

So in my dream, you are wrong. Eat it!

Kaylore
02-09-2009, 10:48 PM
You're wrong on all counts. I had a dream about this once. Men could only fly if they had developed their Tan Tiens to the point of mastery (particularly the lower one). Such inner mastery would provide the added warmth, not to mention an electromagnetic field which would assist in cutting through any minor obstacles (bugs) or turbulance.

So in my dream, you are wrong. Eat it!

Your dream sucks!!:TJnPopps:

Los Broncos
02-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Oh come on! I was being funny! :D

I know and so was I sir, a least you can read what I type :wave:

BroncoBuff
02-09-2009, 11:59 PM
While the power to have/attract women has a strong initial lure, I think if you actually had powers that part would become less and less important. I never saw Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor go after that mega-hottie Valerie Perrine. Just sayin.'

cutman0122
02-10-2009, 12:12 AM
This trumps all superpowers:

To be able to see the future!

TheDave
02-10-2009, 12:42 AM
I'd like to have the ability to eat the brains of people with superpowers, and absorb their abilities for my own. From reading this thread, it seems like it would be a useful power to have.

...also world peace.

IF you had that power, I would be forced to go terminator on you and remove you from the equation prior to birth.

Sorry...

time travel rocks ;D

Taco John
02-10-2009, 01:02 AM
IF you had that power, I would be forced to go terminator on you and remove you from the equation prior to birth.

Sorry...

time travel rocks ;D

Yes, but I believe in the many worlds interpretation of quantum physics - therefore, you are screwed. And now I can time travel.

Taco John
02-10-2009, 01:04 AM
This trumps all superpowers:

To be able to see the future!

Have fun with that one:

http://i2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/430/712/01/Fortune-Teller.jpg

TDmvp
02-10-2009, 02:31 AM

...also world peace.

Someone has been watching to much Heroes I think ... :rofl:

But I'm going with immortality and the ability to THINK of something and make it appear . !Booya!

Steak and shake at 3am while wasted. POOF.
Plane tickets to where ever. so be it.
A million dollars in small unmarked bills. Yahtzee.

And last but not least ....
http://aycu09.webshots.com/image/27968/2003547082693021874_rs.jpg
A ton of weed hehe...

BroncoDoug
02-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Someone has been watching to much Heroes I think ... :rofl:

But I'm going with immortality and the ability to THINK of something and make it appear . !Booya!

Steak and shake at 3am while wasted. POOF.
Plane tickets to where ever. so be it.
A million dollars in small unmarked bills. Yahtzee.

And last but not least ....
http://aycu09.webshots.com/image/27968/2003547082693021874_rs.jpg
A ton of weed hehe...

Hey where do you live?

Breaker
02-10-2009, 03:43 AM
Mind Bullets .. now that would rock.

dekers
02-10-2009, 04:58 AM
Ability to read minds.

Me too , if you knew what they were thinking you could control any situation.

baja
02-10-2009, 06:32 AM
Yes, but I believe in the many worlds interpretation of quantum physics - therefore, you are screwed. And now I can time travel.

No, if you ate TheDave's brain it is you that is screwed hell you will be lucky if you can tie your shoes. ;D

TheReverend
02-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Mind Bullets .. now that would rock.

what about the power.... to move you...?