PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Pro Bowl thread. Dragster69 is a whiney wee b****.

Pages : 1 [2]

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Uh... you guys wanna block somebody?

Dagmar
Jays protection is HORRIBLE.

go_broncos
Good night..

Garcia Bronco
Bonehead AFC oline.

Congrats AFC. you gave it away like chumps.

Dexter
02-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Well, somewhat disappointing but glad our guys made it. Its going to be a long off-season folks.

cabronco
02-08-2009, 04:47 PM
O-line sucked out loud in the 4th quarter for protection.

Dagmar
02-08-2009, 04:48 PM
6 months to go...

NYBronc
02-08-2009, 04:51 PM
6 months to go...

Thank Goodness for NFL Network

Dagmar
02-08-2009, 04:56 PM
3 Pro Bowl players after one of our worst seasons in years.

broncolife
02-08-2009, 04:56 PM
damn taking a knee. At least give us some wierd trick play

SouthStndJunkie
02-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Larry Fitzgerald wins the MVP award.

5 catches 81 yards and 2 TDs.

strafen
02-08-2009, 10:41 PM
where's dragster to tell us that there are 5 qbs who deserve to be here more than Jay?Sorry, no time to be on the board 24/7, but thanks for your concern...
To answer your question, I'm a big Cutler fan. He needs a bit of work, he showed to be in mid-season form today along with Marshall
What we saw today is disturbing from a fan no wearing orange-colored glasses point of view.
That was pathetic. I don't even want to check the San Diego boards to read what they're saying. I promise you is ugly!
Sad, sad, sad...
That's all I have to say...

strafen
02-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Larry Fitzgerald wins the MVP award.

5 catches 81 yards and 2 TDs.If there was one thing this game proved is that there is Grand Canyon sized diiference between Fitzgerald and Marshall ROFL!

Dagmar
02-08-2009, 11:21 PM
If there was one thing this game proved is that there is Grand Canyon sized diiference between Fitzgerald and Marshall ROFL!

I seriously do not understand someone who claims to be a fan that revels in the failure of our players.
prick.

Dexter
02-08-2009, 11:48 PM
I seriously do not understand someone who claims to be a fan that revels in the failure of our players.
prick.

At this point I highly doubt he's a fan. He's gotta be one of Boob's buddies trollin'

If he is indeed a fan, he isn't a very good one. We need fans that support our players in football games, not those who root against them.

Its one thing to dislike a player for certain reasons, but to root against anyone that's wearing orange and blue on the field is rooting against the Broncos. It was like Dragqueen was rooting for him to fail, so he could say "I told you so".

Not much of a fan to me.

Anyway Ill restate my position on Marshall yet again.

Marshall deserves to be hated on for some of his off the field issues. He's improved in that area or so it seems in the last 7-8 months. I hope his maturity is a permanent deal. As far as his on the field play, the guy isn't perfect but has immense potential still and will only get better as his career progresses.

He isn't a top 5 receiver now, but has the potential to be one. Its funny how Dragqueen is pointing out the clear gap between Fitzgerald and Marshall when it doesn't matter at all. Fitzgerald is a Cardinal and not a Bronco. Shoot would I rather have AP over Selvin Young? HELL YES, but will it happen? Hell NO.

Oh and BTW Fitzgerald has been in the league 2 years longer than Marshall and isn't coming off a serious arm injury.

Who was calling Fitzgerald the best WR in the league until this year? Almost no one. A top 5 WR maybe, but this year Larry catapulted himself into the top 2 slots. Which is something Marshall has the potential to do, so the Marshall bashing is just retarded.

If Marshall's off the field issues do continue, I'll be all for getting rid of him, but lately things are looking up in that department:thumbs:

strafen
02-09-2009, 12:31 AM
At this point I highly doubt he's a fan. He's gotta be one of Boob's buddies trollin'

If he is indeed a fan, he isn't a very good one. We need fans that support our players in football games, not those who root against them.

Its one thing to dislike a player for certain reasons, but to root against anyone that's wearing orange and blue on the field is rooting against the Broncos. It was like Dragqueen was rooting for him to fail, so he could say "I told you so".

Not much of a fan to me.

Anyway Ill restate my position on Marshall yet again.

Marshall deserves to be hated on for some of his off the field issues. He's improved in that area or so it seems in the last 7-8 months. I hope his maturity is a permanent deal. As far as his on the field play, the guy isn't perfect but has immense potential still and will only get better as his career progresses.

He isn't a top 5 receiver now, but has the potential to be one. Its funny how Dragqueen is pointing out the clear gap between Fitzgerald and Marshall when it doesn't matter at all. Fitzgerald is a Cardinal and not a Bronco. Shoot would I rather have AP over Selvin Young? HELL YES, but will it happen? Hell NO.

Oh and BTW Fitzgerald has been in the league 2 years longer than Marshall and isn't coming off a serious arm injury.

Who was calling Fitzgerald the best WR in the league until this year? Almost no one. A top 5 WR maybe, but this year Larry catapulted himself into the top 2 slots. Which is something Marshall has the potential to do, so the Marshall bashing is just retarded.

If Marshall's off the field issues do continue, I'll be all for getting rid of him, but lately things are looking up in that department:thumbs:Why do you have to call me names when you refer to me, sweetie? :kiss:
Be nice, and show some confidence in yourself, speak clear and factual, and you won't have to insult anybody to get their attention, otherwise you're just showing me how badly I've gotten under your skin, as well as Shackleford's. :wave:
Amusing fellows you both are :~ohyah!:

With tha being said, kiddos...
Not that I'm not a fan. You have to be realistic and stop making apologies for Marshall. The guy is a headcase, and until he puts the game first and not his ego, he will always be an underachiever and overrated. The guy is an attention whore, a self-promoting prima donna; and that's killing his game and focus. His focus is on the wrong place. He hyped up his Pro Bowl appearance by announcing something big that later someone else blew it for him, still, he's got the publicity and focus he was looking for
But no worries...
If McDaniels watched the Pro Bowl today it may not have necessarily been a bad thing. I'm sure he's seen plenty like performances by Cutler and Marshall from watching video of our offense from last season.
All of the sudden today, our number 2 offense in the NFL showed -albeit only Cutler and Marshall- our tendency to struggle against tough defenses, just like we did in the season; 7 points scored against NE, 17 points against Jax, 10 points against Car, 17 points against Mia, you get my drift

So, to say we only need help on defense is a bit out of touch with the reality of the Broncos as a team. Good news is, McD has observed the same thing, and something like he saw today, just re-assures him that our offense will need just as much attention as our defense

TDmvp
02-09-2009, 12:55 AM
My Vag hurts.

We can tell ...

strafen
02-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Dragster69 owns me...Oh, you too, I need to pay more attention, where did you come from, sweetie?:twokisses
I didn't ignore you, did I?
So sorry, I'll keep you in mind next time :rofl:

Dexter
02-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Why do you have to call me names when you refer to me, sweetie? :kiss:
Be nice, and show some confidence in yourself, speak clear and factual, and you won't have to insult anybody to get their attention, otherwise you're just showing me how badly I've gotten under your skin, as well as Shackleford's. :wave:
Amusing fellows you both are :~ohyah!:

With tha being said, kiddos...
Not that I'm not a fan. You have to be realistic and stop making apologies for Marshall. The guy is a headcase, and until he puts the game first and not his ego, he will always be an underachiever and overrated. The guy is an attention whore, a self-promoting prima donna; and that's killing his game and focus. His focus is on the wrong place. He hyped up his Pro Bowl appearance by announcing something big that later someone else blew it for him, still, he's got the publicity and focus he was looking for
But no worries...
If McDaniels watched the Pro Bowl today it may not have necessarily been a bad thing. I'm sure he's seen plenty like performances by Cutler and Marshall from watching video of our offense from last season.
All of the sudden today, our number 2 offense in the NFL showed -albeit only Cutler and Marshall- our tendency to struggle against tough defenses, just like we did in the season; 7 points scored against NE, 17 points against Jax, 10 points against Car, 17 points against Mia, you get my drift

So, to say we only need help on defense is a bit out of touch with the reality of the Broncos as a team. Good news is, McD has observed the same thing, and something like he saw today, just re-assures him that our offense will need just as much attention as our defense

How am I making apologies for Marshall? I've already condemned the off field antics that have gotten him in trouble. With that said, the big announcement if you've been living under a rock was the fact that he got engaged this weekend. Which is great news for Brandon, congrats to him.

I don't see how he's been a headcase recently. What has he done in the last 4-5 months on the field that hurt his team? Hardly anything. The guy has had some drops, which IS a lack of concentration to go along with being double covered most of this year and coming off an arm injury. But like I said, as he gains more experience he has the potential to improve.

As far as this quote goes:

Are you implying that I've said we only need help on defense? here? If so then its not me needing to be more clear, its you that needs to improve on your reading comprehension.

I have never said we couldn't use more help on offense. In fact I believe quite the opposite. We need a legit running back. Is Hillis that guy? Maybe. But if we drafted or signed a big time RB in FA I'd be ecstatic. We could also use another WR and possibly more O-line/TE depth. Nate Jackson's injury plagued days have got to get him shipped out of here eventually.

As far as getting under my skin, sure you have. I'm not afraid to admit it and if that's what you're trying to gain by trolling then mission accomplished. But if you truly are a fan, its the way you go about making your point that bothers me. Sitting there gloating about negatives, and cheering someone to fail wearing a Bronco Uniform ticks me off, and should any fan.

Oh and good luck finding a talented WR that isn't a prima donna. This isn't to say they don't exist, its just really hard to obtain one. We got lucky having both Mcaffery AND Rod Smith.

Right now Royal (who I love) is our Rod Smith, hopefully Marshall will get there. Marshall is still a top 10 receiver even with his "attention whore" attitude as you call it, even if you don't want to admit it.

eddie mac
02-09-2009, 02:15 AM
11 Pages of **** for a game that is even more meaningless for our players than a pre-season fixture.

Natedog24
02-09-2009, 02:35 AM
3 Pro Bowl players after one of our worst seasons in years.

And the player most deserving of a Pro Bowl misses out (Clady), it should have been 4.

Northman
02-09-2009, 03:15 AM
11 Pages of **** for a game that is even more meaningless for our players than a pre-season fixture.

Amazing isnt it? Ha!

tsiguy96
02-09-2009, 05:41 AM

but dude, broncos suck. havent you heard? our pro bowlers need to get their asses to work before they get cut.

DHallblows
02-09-2009, 10:03 AM
All of the sudden today, our number 2 offense in the NFL showed -albeit only Cutler and Marshall- our tendency to struggle against tough defenses

a Pro Bowl D ≠ a tough defense

a Pro Bowl Oline ≠ the Broncos' Oline

the Pro Bowl ≠ a game to showcase situational skill sets to coaches

TheDave
02-09-2009, 10:25 AM
I am still slightly concerned about Marshall's hands.

I am not looking too much into his dropped TD, but I am hoping this problem is not going to be with him the rest of his career.

Have to agree... hopefully it continues to improve.

CEH
02-09-2009, 10:31 AM
"Just took my eyes off it," Marshall said.

"Nobody should ever leave this field feeling down," Manning said. "Nobody's going to remember a catch or a drop in the Pro Bowl."

Then again, Marshall did acknowledge he had a mild case of the drops in the second half of the 2008 season.

"It's one of the things he has to work on," Broncos center Casey Wiegmann said. "He had a few of those this year."

Wiegmann wished he could have played more. For someone who has made 8,046 consecutive snaps over eight seasons, it was difficult to play only a handful of series.

"It was tough, for guys like me and Jay you're used to being in there," Wiegmann said. "You're standing around, twiddling your thumbs, your back gets sore. It was all worth it, though."

-----------

Exhibition of not Marsall dropped two that a player he wants to be should make even on vacation

rmsanger
02-09-2009, 01:13 PM
prick.

and that my friend is the same attitude that causes our society to fail... We should judge ourselves before we judge others... In all seriousness we (The Broncos) are overrated and we continue to over-estimate our talents and abilities. If we grow up a bit and be honest withourselves we aren't really that great of a team.

Shanny was able to get them to play 2 levels above their abilities (e.g. Woodyard, Hillis, and Royal). Now we are left with the reality of 1 great (agining) player 2-5 good players and a bunch of scrubs/yound development projects.

snowspot66
02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Excuse me? Royal was playing above his ability? Hillis was playing above his ability?

That's a pretty bold statement. I'm pretty sure no matter who's coaching the team Hillis is still going to run guys over like a ****ing train. I'm pretty sure no matter who's coaching Eddie will still be fast, hard working, be able to get open, and make the touch catch. No matter who's coaching Woodyard will still play like a beast because he's got the heart and passion to go out and do it. The only thing these guys need is a coach willing to put them in positions to succeed. Everything they did this past year they did on their own talent and God given athletic ability. They weren't scrubs playing well in a system. They went out there and said "I ****ing belong here".