PDA

View Full Version : Could we land Bolden?

ZONA
02-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Just thinking outloud here. He wants out of Arizona badly.

Using a 1 back set we could throw Bolden and BMarsh on the outsides and move Royal to the slot.

Now that would be truly deadly. That would be the best WR line up in the NFL.

I would rather land Haynesworth as our big FA land but I don't think that is going to happen. I think we will be getting our NT in the draft or somebody who isn't as high profile as haynesworth, which would free up some money to land Bolden.

I think with Bolden, Marsh, Royal and Schef lined up, people would be scared to death to blitz us.

HEAV
02-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Too much money on one side of the ball. Money needs to go to locking down our current stars and investing on the defensive side.

chadta
02-07-2009, 11:13 AM
can he play linebacker or nose tackle ?

RhymesayersDU
02-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Yeah, if we spend any big money on offense I will probably cry like a little girl.

cmhargrove
02-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Boldin wants to be a #1 receiver.

We already have a #1 receiver.

We need a deadly, team-oriented guy, who can also be a posession guy and TD machine.

If you spend any money on a major WR free agent, it would have to be Houshmandzadeh, hands down. The guy would catapult us into "greatest show on turf" possibilities.

Marshall, Houshmandzadeh, and Royal in the slot would be almost undefendable with our O-line and a decent running game.

Dutch
02-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Bet he ends up in KC.

Inkana7
02-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Boldin's going to Baltimore. Bank on it.

Dudeskey
02-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Bet he ends up in KC.

I'd think he's looking to sign on with a contender. And would he want to play for Haley?

MechanicalBull
02-07-2009, 11:31 AM
I think the Giants land him or TJ.

cutthemdown
02-07-2009, 11:42 AM
If we go outside the front 7 for a big name FA I would rather have it be a RB or a CB. Asumugha would look good opposite Bailey or Bly.

broncofan7
02-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Philly.

cutthemdown
02-07-2009, 11:43 AM
I do think though Broncos should look for a bigger WR to go along with Marshal, Stokley, Royal. If Marshal goes down we would be small at that position.

cutthemdown
02-07-2009, 11:43 AM
No doubt though Boldin a tough SOB. He came back quick from having face crushed.

Miss I.
02-07-2009, 11:45 AM
From ESPN:
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR class=stathead bgColor=#b10339><TD>Player News (last updated: February 7, 2009)</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD>News: The Giants, Eagles, Vikings or Bears might offer a first-round draft pick in return for Boldin, according to the East Valley Tribune.
Spin: This is a speculative report. Boldin continues to complain about his contract with the Cardinals (which runs through the 2010 season) and he and his agent seem prepared to do whatever they can to secure a trade this offseason. The final decision ultimately rests with the Cardinals; if the team gets sick of Boldin's antics, they should be able to get a decent return for him.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

tsiguy96
02-07-2009, 11:55 AM
someones gonna have to up the ante to a first + 3rd or soemthing similar.

Flex Gunmetal
02-07-2009, 12:16 PM
What a terrible idea.

Taco John
02-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Re: Could we land Bolden?

I sure hope not.

Majik
02-07-2009, 12:40 PM
If we go outside the front 7 for a big name FA I would rather have it be a RB or a CB. Asumugha would look good opposite Bailey or Bly.

I second that.

Flex Gunmetal
02-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Can we land warner? QBBC could be deadly.

oubronco
02-07-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't think we have a chance in hell in landing Assmuncha

Killericon
02-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Can we land warner? QBBC could be deadly.

We could put both of them out in shotgun, next to one another. Noone would know who was gonna get the snap!

SportinOne
02-07-2009, 02:22 PM
It would be a dream to have Marshall, Boldin, and then Royal as the slot killer for at least the next five years but as has been said, just too much invested on offense. Our offense could use a real good running back, but other than that, i would expect every significant penny that we spend this offseason to be spent on defensive players...

Sure is fun to dream, though.. man.. As good as Fitz is...

Cutler, Marshall, Boldin, and Royal > Warner, Fitz, Boldin, Breaston

not saying it would translate to a superbowl, but... i'm just sayin'

Hogan11
02-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Re: Could we land Bolden?

I sure hope not.

Oh why not?? We could use someone who gets in the face of coaches on this team. Ha!

Bronx33
02-07-2009, 02:37 PM
we need defense

MechanicalBull
02-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Steven Jackson is available too maybe we will also go after him. :D

If we got him then Kiper can say "Hey I told you Denver would get Jackson".

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Boldin's going to Baltimore. Bank on it.

Philadelphia is my call.

(however that is on the assumption that the Eagles keep McNabb and Reid. if not i agree with Baltimore)

eddie mac
02-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Too much money on one side of the ball. Money needs to go to locking down our current stars and investing on the defensive side.

I know what you mean in the future (When we re-sign Marshall and extend Cutler) but as of now we have very little money tied up in our offense compared to most franchises.

The 3 highest paid players are on our defense in the shape of Champ, Bly and DJ.

Jason in LA
02-07-2009, 04:16 PM
That's just a bad idea. There is no need for three top notch WRs. Besides the Colts a couple years back, what team has won with that many productive WRs? The Steelers and Pats don't have anywhere near that and the've won a combined five Super Bowls this decade. But both of those teams played great defense. That's where the Broncos need to spend the money. If they can stop teams they won't need that many WRs.

TDmvp
02-07-2009, 04:17 PM
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9463/sksvj8.gif

that is all ....

mr007
02-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Who the hell is Bolden...

HEAV
02-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Who the hell is Bolden...

Ya he misspelled the name...

http://www.nfl.com/players/anquanboldin/profile?id=BOL283010

strafen
02-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Trade prima donna bmarsh, get some couple of nice picks for him, and sign Boldin...

BroncoBuff
02-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Giants are letting Amani Toomer go in free agency, and a return of Plaxico Burruss is problematic to say the least. I predict the Giants will win a bidding war for Boldin ... a war no responsible Broncos fan would endorse joining.

Our offense is already golden ... we need to sign Jermaine Phillips or Oshiomoghe Atogwe.

NFLBRONCO
02-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Giants are letting Amani Toomer go in free agency, and a return of Plaxico Burruss is problematic to say the least. I predict the Giants will win a bidding war for Boldin ... a war no responsible Broncos fan would endorse joining.

Our offense is already golden ... we need to sign Jermaine Phillips or Oshiomoghe Atogwe.

What O player do you think Denver might target in draft or FA?

I can't see Denver only focusing on D alone.

BroncoBuff
02-07-2009, 09:33 PM
What O player do you think Denver might target in draft or FA?

I can't see Denver only focusing on D alone.

Imo one offensive pick only - a high value mid-round Center/Guard.

Unless the new guys somehow conclude there's not even two decent backs among Hillis/Torain/Bell/Young/Hall/Aldridge/Pope. I cannot imagine they will think that. I realize some of those guys are pretty fragile, but Hillis looks to me like a latter-day John Riggins, and we know Tatum Bell can be a solid, dependable backup. That leaves five guys for two roster spots.

Paladin
02-07-2009, 09:48 PM
"We" are not going to "get" anyone. The Broncos' coaches and the FO will decide who and when for how much.

I hope the Broncos do not offer a dipstick to Boldin. They need D. I am amazed that guys kike Hillis are first viewed as "great" then the draft comes and Hillis morphs into a caustic shirker who can't carry the ball worth a damm. (Remember the Jets' game? Anyone?) I think the coaches have a bit more professional judgment that that.

azbroncfan
02-07-2009, 10:03 PM
and sign Boldin...

Sign him to what? Have you paid any attention? Say no to this Florida State Primadonna that is always bitching and isn't a FA.

ZONA
02-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Sign him to what? Have you paid any attention? Say no to this Florida State Primadonna that is always b****ing and isn't a FA.

He makes plays man. Pure and simple. Bitch a little bit here and there if you like Boldin, keep making big time plays.

News Flash for whoever said it - every WR wants to be the #1 WR. Figure it out homes. He just wants more money. Every player does. It's not like he doesn't back it up.

It's a nice dream to have though. I know it won't happen but it would be cool as hell to see Boldin lining up with Shef, Royal and Marsh. Ouch.

extralife
02-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Wow, what a terrible idea. Great player, but what's the difference between him and Brandon Marshall? They have the same game, and he'd take draft picks to get.

chadta
02-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Cutler, Marshall, Boldin, and Royal > Warner, Fitz, Boldin, Breaston

maybe so but the 2008 broncos defense < the local junior highs defense