PDA

View Full Version : New Mock with surprise first round pick

Elway777
02-07-2009, 12:19 AM
The Broncos trade down in the first with the Eagles for 28 pick plus a 2 and 4 rounder.
1a. Darrius Heyward Bey. Speed kill and Bey could run a 4.3 . Mcdaniels want to bring New England spread to Denver. Rey, Marshall and Royal could be almost impossible to stop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyjaBWuo4zA&feature=channel_page

2a. Ron Brace. Nose tackle to run the 3-4.
2b Donald Brown, North - South runner that fits Broncos System
3. Jarron Gilbert, 3-4 defensive end
4a Victor Butler, made for 3-4 linebacker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKsjKNz6xo8
4b Jasper Brinkley,good 3-4 Mike
5a Skip Vaughn, could be our starting srong Safety
5b Darryl Richard, good size for 3-4 De
6a. Ladarius Webb , 5 corner and backup safety
6b. T.J Lang, OT-0g that fits zone blocking scheme, He is 6-4 310 pounds
7. Terrance Knighton, listed as 5 best nose tackle.

This draft is a good mix of Offensive and Defence with adding 2 great offensive weapons and still added quality defensive players. Hopefully the Broncos add Suggs and Atogwe as free agents.

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2009, 01:39 AM
The Broncos trade down in the first with the Eagles for 28 pick plus a 2 and 4 rounder.
1a. Darrius Heyward Bey. Speed kill and Bey could run a 4.3 . Mcdaniels want to bring New England spread to Denver. Rey, Marshall and Royal could be almost impossible to stop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyjaBWuo4zA&feature=channel_page

2a. Ron Brace. Nose tackle to run the 3-4.
2b Donald Brown, North - South runner that fits Broncos System
3. Jarron Gilbert, 3-4 defensive end
4a Victor Butler, made for 3-4 linebacker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKsjKNz6xo8
4b Jasper Brinkley,good 3-4 Mike
5a Skip Vaughn, could be our starting srong Safety
5b Darryl Richard, good size for 3-4 De
6a. Ladarius Webb , 5 corner and backup safety
6b. T.J Lang, OT-0g that fits zone blocking scheme, He is 6-4 310 pounds
7. Terrance Knighton, listed as 5 best nose tackle.

This draft is a good mix of Offensive and Defence with adding 2 great offensive weapons and still added quality defensive players. Hopefully the Broncos add Suggs and Atogwe as free agents.

is this your own personal mock or was this on a website? if it was on the website can you post the link, because i want to see who they still have on the board with us taking Heyward and Donald Brown in the 1st 2 rounds

Elway777
02-07-2009, 02:18 AM
is this your own personal mock or was this on a website? if it was on the website can you post the link, because i want to see who they still have on the board with us taking Heyward and Donald Brown in the 1st 2 rounds My own personal one. Bey could be gone by the 28 pick then the Broncos look at Larry English. Bey could post the fastest time at the combines and move way up.

Dedhed
02-07-2009, 03:09 AM
Two offensive picks on day one is just a bad idea. I don't think adding Ron Brace as the only defensive prospect to go with a bunch of small school project guys is the way to build a solid defense. We have to invest early and often on defense, and shouldn't be even thinking about an offensive pick until day 2.

Stacking the offense works on Madden, but not in the NFL. I love the Brace and Gilbert picks, but Heyward-Bey and Donald Brown aren't going to help this team like Maualuga and Patrick Chung would at those spots.

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2009, 03:45 AM
My own personal one. Bey could be gone by the 28 pick then the Broncos look at Larry English. Bey could post the fastest time at the combines and move way up.

idk. i am kind of curious what Chad Jackson could do as our deep threat. i also wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Assley Lelie. after a few years being a 4th and 5th stringer for garbage teams, i think he would gladly accept the opportunity to come back to Denver, under a new coach, and use his only talent of being a deep threat with a QB who could actually hit him in stride.

personally i think the guy is a turd, but as a deep threat and not a starter, it would not be a bad signing.

plus with Donald Brown, i feel that in the 2nd is a reach for him. Especially when Shonn Greene and Rashard Jennings are more than likely still going to be available. Plus i am a little bias against all RB's who are built a little smaller. i am tired of having smaller RB's who can't be counted on to pick up tough yardage, i think it would be in our best interest to go after a big bruiser who consistently breaks off runs of 4-6 yards a carry, instead of smaller speedier RB's who are capable of breaking a long run, and have inflated averages because of runs for no gain or 1 yard and then a 20 yard gain that gives them a 5.0 YPC average. give me a guy in our backfield who every time he touches the ball you know he is going to pick up 5 yards, not a guy who we hope can get something positive.

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2009, 03:56 AM
Two offensive picks on day one is just a bad idea. I don't think adding Ron Brace as the only defensive prospect to go with a bunch of small school project guys is the way to build a solid defense. We have to invest early and often on defense, and shouldn't be even thinking about an offensive pick until day 2.

Stacking the offense works on Madden, but not in the NFL. I love the Brace and Gilbert picks, but Heyward-Bey and Donald Brown aren't going to help this team like Maualuga and Patrick Chung would at those spots.

i disagree to a point. i think a good RB could be one of the best investments this team can make in the draft. completes the offense, takes pressure off of Jay by giving him better passing opportunities, and makes us balanced as well as controlling the clock while we are building up a new defense.

also, i feel that we are more than likely address some a lot of our defensive problems in FA, and we won't be forced to have to build with the draft, and every pick won't have to go defense.

but i agree about a receiver in the 1st. if that happens i am going to punch a baby.

my ideal first 2 rounds would be trade back to about the 20th pick and aquire another 2nd rounder. and then take Tyson Jackson in the 1st and Shonn Greene and Brace or Clay Matthews in the 2nd

or another scenario

Tyson Jackson in the 1st
Brace and Matthews in the 2nd
Rashard Jennings in the 3rd.

immediately the front 7 is upgraded and the offense is now balanced and complete

and in about the 5th round WR/Return Man Tate. anything to get what is going to be our version of Wes Welker in Eddie Royal out of that position and be used as only a Receiver.

Northman
02-07-2009, 04:39 AM
I seriously doubt Denver takes a WR early in this draft. There is just so much need in other areas right now. But interesting none the less.

Elway777
02-07-2009, 05:06 AM
Mcdaniels is a offence coach and He might want to set the offensive up with a couple of dymantic playmakers. The Broncos have 11 picks with 8 picks going to defence. I think all my defensive pick are quality picks plus if the Broncos could add 4 defensive free agents then I could see I mock like this. If some how the Broncos could sign Suggs and Otogwe in free agency then the biggest need on defence would be Nose tackle and a Ted linebacker. The broncos might be willing to give Larson a shot at Ted and they use a second round pick on Brace.

Northman
02-07-2009, 05:55 AM
I dont see it but anything can happen. I think we are ok in the wideout dept. I think we need a real threat at RB (i know you have Brown there but will probably be long gone before our 2nd pick) and then the defense which i dont think we can really afford not to take some quality guys in the earlier rounds. I think we would be better off going something like this:

1. Rey Maualuga LB
2. Ron Brace NT
3. Jason Phillips LB
4. Andre Brown RB
5. Aaron Kelly WR
5. Lawrence Sidbury DE
6. Marcus Thigpen (listed as a RB but is more valuable as a Returner)
7. Stephen Hodge S

Of course, this is all on the assumption we do not pick up any quality FA's.

illbroncsfn
02-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Philly historically tends to trade out of the 1st- not up in the draft...

Solid mock though...

cmhargrove
02-07-2009, 07:05 AM
idk. i am kind of curious what Chad Jackson could do as our deep threat. i also wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Assley Lelie. after a few years being a 4th and 5th stringer for garbage teams, i think he would gladly accept the opportunity to come back to Denver, under a new coach, and use his only talent of being a deep threat with a QB who could actually hit him in stride.

personally i think the guy is a turd, but as a deep threat and not a starter, it would not be a bad signing.

plus with Donald Brown, i feel that in the 2nd is a reach for him. Especially when Shonn Greene and Rashard Jennings are more than likely still going to be available. Plus i am a little bias against all RB's who are built a little smaller. i am tired of having smaller RB's who can't be counted on to pick up tough yardage, i think it would be in our best interest to go after a big bruiser who consistently breaks off runs of 4-6 yards a carry, instead of smaller speedier RB's who are capable of breaking a long run, and have inflated averages because of runs for no gain or 1 yard and then a 20 yard gain that gives them a 5.0 YPC average. give me a guy in our backfield who every time he touches the ball you know he is going to pick up 5 yards, not a guy who we hope can get something positive.

Remember, it was the Patriots that spent a second rounder on him (while McD was there), and then they decided to cut him a couple years later. Maybe he sticks, but he can't be high on McDaniel's list right now.

Snarfalicious
02-07-2009, 07:47 AM
It obviously is a very sexy idea. I mean if we added a WR and RB like that it would be very nice. But the reality of the situation is that our D isn't even worthy of being on the field. Unless there were a way to pick up a 2nd 1st rounder, then I don't believe there is any way we address a offensive position in the first. And even if we did add another 1st, I'm not sure if I would even want to add an offensive player with the pick.

I like what you did for the most part with the rest of the mock, but maybe we should wait till next year to think about adding another piece of the puzzle to the offense besides RB and C this year.

I love the Brinkley and Chip Vaughn picks. I don't think Vaughn will last that long, but if he were there, then it would be a huge steal. Brinkley won't be a 3-down LB unless he can improve his agility and speed for pass coverage (which I personally think he can, prior to his injury he was a 3-down LB, maybe we can get him back to where we was, maybe drop like 10 pounds or so, even though he is jacked). But Brinkley does represent a huge force against the run which would be very useful. I'm a huge Gilbert supporter, I've loved this guy since I saw him play this past year in college. He's going to be a stud, he's got the speed, burst, agility and strength to flourish as a 3-4 DE.

As far as adding another WR to this corps, I wouldn't ignore FA. With players like Michael Clayton, Brandon Jones, and Nate Washington to be FA's, it might present an opportunity to address a little depth. I'm not sure if Chad Jackson will stay, I'm pretty sure D-Jax is gone, and that basically leaves just Stokes, B-Marsh, and Royal as the only real proven WR's. All the aforementioned WR's (Jones, Clayton, Washington) all have pretty good height and are all pretty good WR's that would be great to have.

Now, if we somehow make a huge splash in FA, and add about 4 instant starters (Atogwe/Phillips/Jones/Landry/Bell/Sanders, Scott/Crowder, Wright/Canty, Fields/Watson-RFA, etc.), then there is a possibility we move down and add a guy like Moreno but I don't see us being too overly active in FA with the current times.

Would I be pissed if this were to happen? Nah. But I wouldn't be happy to see our team basically ignore the talent of this draft that seemingly is pretty deep for a 3-4 scheme. Personally, I would love to see Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Marshall, and Eddie Royal(slot) tearing up D's deep, and punishing them after the catch. But, we gotta think smart, and the smartest thing we could do is address the gaping hole that is known as our "D".

Elway777
02-07-2009, 07:50 AM
I come up with a alternate draft beause Hey will most likely be drafted by the Bears.
1. Rey Maualuga rated the #1 ted in draft
2. Ron Brace, rated the top nose tackle
3. Jarron Gilbert,rated top 3-4 defensive end
4. Victor Butler, 6-2 and 240 and runs a 4.6 40.
5a. Skip Vaughn , strong safety
5b Brandon Tate, 5 receiver
6a Daryl Richard , good 3-4 defensive end prospect
6b.Ladarius Webb , S-CB
7. Tyler Roehl
Roehl running for 260 yards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GNk8EDKFCw

Snarfalicious
02-07-2009, 07:56 AM
I come up with a alternate draft beause Hey will most likely be drafted by the Bears.
6b.Ladarius Webb , S-CB
7. Tyler Roehl

See, now that's a very nice draft you got there. As long as Nolan and Martindale are sold on the ability of Maualuga. And Brown, Orakpo, Raji, and Curry were all gone, I would be happy with that pick. Brace will become the best NT on the roster, basically by default, but hopefully because of skill. Gilbert will tear it up at DE, write it down. Obviously the Vaughn pick would be nice (I'm guessing you're thinking of us adding a FS in FA). Tate would be awesome, I love his potential and prior to his knee injury he was a stellar WR. Also, if AQ Shipley were there at that pick, I wouldn't mind seeing us grab him, and possibly adding a guy like Patrick Turner or Jamarko Simmons in the 6th. Just a thought. The first one was sexier obviously, but this one just makes a whole lot of more sense and it addresses a bunch of needs. Good work.

Northman
02-07-2009, 08:06 AM
6b.Ladarius Webb , S-CB
7. Tyler Roehl

Good stuff.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-07-2009, 08:12 AM
16 spots for a 2 and a 4 is a terrible trade.

McDman
02-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I'd be hella pissed of we picked up a receiver in the first round, not so much if we got a running back.

BroncoMan4ever
02-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Remember, it was the Patriots that spent a second rounder on him (while McD was there), and then they decided to cut him a couple years later. Maybe he sticks, but he can't be high on McDaniel's list right now.

i tend to think that it was a Belicheat decision with picking and releasing him. i truly think if given a legit shot he could be a really good deep threat for us
on the other hand, Assley Lelie is available, could be had cheap, and his only good quality is catching the deep ball, and we now have the QB capable of hitting him in stride.