PDA

View Full Version : Marshall gets engaged in Hawaii (M)

crowebomber
02-06-2009, 10:26 AM
I had to read through this Schlepp's blog about his vacation, but toward the end he reveals that Brandon got engaged. I hope it's not to that one Ho who caused all the trouble. Just saying.

« Sharpe Not Enshrined This YearA quick update from Hawaii

Well, it sure has been an interesting start to Pro Bowl weekend for me.

First, please allow me to introduce myself. In his blog, Jim Saccomano, has often mentioned the behind-the-scenes staff the Broncos have. My name is Dave, and I am a part of that behind-the-scenes staff, Saccomano’s media relations staff to be specific. Since the start of the 2008 season, I have handled Brandon Marshall’s media requests. In that role, I have forged a strong relationship with the starting wide receiver at this weekend’s Pro Bowl. I was fortunate enough that Brandon felt my performance worthy of an invitation to join him in Hawaii.

My voyage across the Pacific Ocean started with a friendly face when I spotted Kory Lichtensteiger waiting at the same gate. After a brief conversation, he told me of his plans for he and his wife to enjoy a belated honeymoon this week. He was not planning to take part in the Pro Bowl festivities.

So, upon arrival in Hawaii, while waiting for my bags at the baggage claim, I was reminded of it being Pro Bowl week. Walking past me with their entourages were Seattle Seahawks’ tackle Walter Jones, Pittsburgh’s tackle Max Starks and Arizona quarterback Kurt Warner. All right, all right, enough star gazing.

I meet up with Brandon’s parents, and we make our way to the hotel. We drop our suitcases off and are shuttled to a luau the league is throwing. Shortly after our arrival at the luau, quarterback Jay Cutler and his crew walk in. We exchange greetings, grab some grub and enjoy the entertainment. Upon a trip for a refill, I bump into Casey Wiegmann. In addition to Brandon, I am thrilled for Wiegmann. He just finished his 13th NFL season and finally was deemed worthy by the powers that be of a Pro Bowl trip. He is soaking in every minute of it and enjoying it with his family.

The next morning, it was off the practice. The highlight for the media who had been here was the first appearances of the Steelers in Hawaii this year. Another influential gentleman made his first Hawaiian appearance this year as Commissioner Roger Goodell arrived in town. He met with the media and mentioned the possibility of this year’s Pro Bowl potentially not being the last one in Hawaii. After my two short days here, I can see exactly why Commissioner Goodell and the league would want to come back. It’s paradise, here.

After practice, I accompanied Brandon and some of his guests to the Pearl Harbor museum. We toured the USS Missouri. We learned about it being the site of where the Japanese surrendered and signed a treaty, ending World War II.

From there, it was off to dinner with Brandon’s family and friends. In the middle of our entrees, Brandon stands up and goes one-by-one around the table discussing why each person is important to him. When he gets to his girlfriend, he talks about her being a positive influence on him and gets down on a knee and reveals an absolutely stunning ring. She accepts his offer and the happy couple didn’t stop smiling the rest of the night.

What a weekend and it’s not even Friday, yet. Who knows what else is in store for us?

montrose
02-06-2009, 10:30 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2271606#post2271606

Patting self on back...

Beantown Bronco
02-06-2009, 10:32 AM
I hope it's not to that one Ho who caused all the trouble.

Don't worry. It's not.

Hotrod
02-06-2009, 10:33 AM
This is great news. Now that he is married his sex life is over he can concentrate on football.

LonghornBronco
02-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Great find.

crowebomber
02-06-2009, 10:35 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2271606#post2271606

Patting self on back...

I think Montrose must work at Shane Company? Nice. :thumbsup:

Kaylore
02-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Link? LINK!?!?!?!?:P

crowebomber
02-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Link? LINK!?!?!?!?:P

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2009/02/06/a-quick-update-from-hawaii/

theAPAOps5
02-06-2009, 10:39 AM
I think Montrose must work at Shane Company? Nice. :thumbsup:

Well Marshall did say on Rome's radio show he had a big announcement in 2 weeks which coincides with the Pro-bowl. If you put 2 and 2 together Montrose didn't make a big deduction and I said it before him..... :welcome: LOL

Just kidding.

crowebomber
02-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Well Marshall did say on Rome's radio show he had a big announcement in 2 weeks which coincides with the Pro-bowl. If you put 2 and 2 together Montrose didn't make a big deduction and I said it before him..... :welcome: LOL

Just kidding.

I was a Mass Communications major - 2 and 2 gives me problems every time.;D

montrose
02-06-2009, 10:45 AM

Hilarious! When I was working at my PR office in Maryland, it was hysterical when math needed to be done and our business manager was out. Watching a bunch of communications majors try math is hilarious.

theAPAOps5
02-06-2009, 10:45 AM

LOL I was wondering if I used that term wrong. Is it 1 and 1 together or did I use it right with 2 and 2? My Mom always uses terms like this wrong as she learned to speak German before English. She always says hind sight is 50/50.

mr007
02-06-2009, 10:46 AM
WTF don't do it Marshall!!! You're way too young man. I got the over/under on him being divorced within 2 years.

dbfan4life
02-06-2009, 10:47 AM
This is great news. Now that he is married his sex life is over he can concentrate on football.

ROFL!

theAPAOps5
Hilarious! When I was working at my PR office in Maryland, it was hysterical when math needed to be done and our business manager was out. Watching a bunch of communications majors try math is hilarious.

I use Calculus and Trig a lot in my job. So that doesn't trip me up. Throw in something crazy like simple fractions and I am googling how to do it.

HooptyHoops
Well, we didn't hear much about this girlfriend, so that is a good thing!!

TheReverend
02-06-2009, 11:24 AM
WTF don't do it Marshall!!! You're way too young man. I got the over/under on him being divorced within 2 years.

I'll take the under. Hope she's not an open-minded girl, otherwise, this could go the distance.

gyldenlove
02-06-2009, 11:41 AM

I will take the over on that! in 2 years he will just have gotten a massive contract, he can't afford to get divorced by then.

dbfan21
02-06-2009, 11:47 AM

LOL ROFL!

broncofan4life
02-06-2009, 12:11 PM
i have a picture of her from behind what a view! I'll try to post it ASAP.

BroncoBuff
02-06-2009, 12:32 PM
This better not be the same girl.

theAPAOps5
02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
This better not be the same girl.

It's not, thank GOD.

tsiguy96
02-06-2009, 12:50 PM
what a stupid flavor clown. getting engaged at the pro bowl. its always gotta be all about him.

Tyrant
02-06-2009, 12:50 PM
He trapped her car in the hotel parking lot until she said yes.

Rich Karlis
02-06-2009, 01:10 PM
You can see Michi in this youtube video. Also in the video you can watch Brandon pick out a Christmas tree.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z-1HRnRu6V8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z-1HRnRu6V8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TheReverend
02-06-2009, 01:53 PM
You can see Michi in this youtube video. Also in the video you can watch Brandon pick out a Christmas tree.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z-1HRnRu6V8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z-1HRnRu6V8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He's obviously kicking her ass.

That's why she was crying.

Los Broncos
02-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Seen his gf last year in the parking lot, not to bad.

crowebomber
02-06-2009, 01:56 PM
He's obviously kicking her ass.

That's why she was crying.

And he seemed kinda drunk when he was driving that hummer. When he got home I bet he threw that tree through his television set while wrestling with it.

24champ
02-06-2009, 02:05 PM

What an A-hole

-Orangemane.

Inkana7
02-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Good for Marshall! She's really pretty.

spdirty
02-06-2009, 09:09 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_11646275

Marshall's audible: Engagement in Hawaii
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 02/06/2009 02:54:55 PM MST
Updated: 02/06/2009 04:33:24 PM MST

Brandon Marshall's newest reason to celebrate is his engagement, finalized Thursday night in Hawaii. (THE DENVER POST | ANDY CROSS)

HONOLULU — As he got down on one knee, ring in hand, Brandon Marshall made his first Pro Bowl experience one he'll never forget.

Before a dinner party of 16, Marshall, the Broncos' star receiver, proposed marriage Thursday night to Michi Nogami at Roy's of Ko Olina, a restaurant across the street from the Pro Bowl players' resort.

"It's me taking a step back and looking at what's important," Marshall said today after the AFC Pro Bowl practice. "What really solidified it for me was coming out here and seeing guys, bachelors at the pool with their girlfriends, and then looking at guys like Peyton Manning and Troy Polamalu and Casey Wiegmann with their families. And looking at them, I said those are the guys I want to be. You could see their peace. That's what so important for me is to have peace. And this is the ultimate step to achieve that."

Take note, Broncoland. Marshall is growing up. As he continues to mature, he lengthens the separation from his off-field issues of a year ago. He endured some tough lessons, in the courtroom of public opinion. But to his credit, Marshall has seemingly learned from them. He has taken heed of his place in society, which is that of a role model.

"This is another phase of my life," he said.

Marshall said a wedding date would be discussed once he and Michi got back to the mainland next week. So what can Marshall tell us about his fiancée? Their relationship began as they both attended Central Florida.

"She graduated with a double degree," Marshall said proudly. "She's awesome. She balances me out and keeps me going."

Borks147
02-06-2009, 09:13 PM
but omgz, brandon is a cancer !!!!!11111oneoneone.

good for him, congrats

theAPAOps5
02-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah thanks for sharing because 1 thread wasn't enough...... :angel:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76961

Think about it, its the offseason things get posted pretty quickly. :wiggle: :clown:

SoCalBronco
02-06-2009, 10:06 PM
I bet Josina Anderson is pissed.

SureShot
02-07-2009, 02:12 AM
Don't take his cell phone and keep babies away from him!

Dean
02-07-2009, 04:26 AM
In addition to Brandon's social life he is getting recognized for playing some ball while he is at the pro-bowl.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Marshall stands tall in Pro Bowl crowd
Broncos' WR makes big impression
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 02/06/2009 12:30:00 AM MST
Updated: 02/06/2009 10:57:17 AM MST

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, left, greets Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall, right, while Tennessee Titans quarterback Kerry Collins watches during an AFC practice in Kapolei, Hawaii, for Sunday's Pro Bowl. (AP / Ronen Zilberman)Related Articles
Feb 5:
Broncos center says young McDaniels not acting his ageAll is going swimmingly for QB, pranks for askingFeb 4:
Center of '09 budget for BroncosHONOLULU — Only the greatest players were invited here, yet even among the upper-crust gathering, Brandon Marshall has stood large.

Much larger than the greats figured, anyway.

"Marshall, I'm looking up at him, and I'm a tight end," Kansas City star Tony Gonzalez said. "He's huge."

"If you can't hit him in stride, something's wrong with you," Peyton Manning said. "He's a big ol' target. He's special."

Manning will be the AFC Pro Bowl starting quarterback and Gonzalez will be his tight end. The Broncos will be represented in the AFC starting lineup Sunday by the 6-foot-4, 230-pound Marshall, who will line up opposite Andre Johnson as the first-string receivers for the game.

For the light, hour-long practices at a

Pro Bowl
Find preview, matchup, scoring log, rosters, voting, stats, past MVPs and more for the NFL all-star game Feb. 8 in Hawaii.
View slide show of Pro Bowl.
nearby high school field, Marshall is lined up across from the Oakland Raiders' sensational cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.
"I didn't know he was that big," said Asomugha, who plays against Marshall and the Broncos twice a year, "until here and I saw him without pads."

Then again, Marshall has always been big here on the peaceful island of Oahu. He played at Aloha Stadium, site of the Pro Bowl, twice in a 29-day span to finish his senior season at Central Florida. In the Hawaii Bowl on Christmas Eve 2005, Marshall made 11 catches for 210 yards and three touchdowns and was named the game's co-MVP.

Playing in the East-West college all-star Hula Bowl on Jan. 22, 2006, Marshall made five catches for 101 yards and the East's only touchdown in a 10-7 victory. The media again voted him the game's MVP, although the coaches trumped the selection.

"Every time I play against a guy around the league who played in the Hula Bowl, we call ourselves 'Hula Bowl Boys,' " Marshall said.

Back in Denver, Marshall is often the center of attention. Away from the mainland, in this secluded gathering of NFL all-stars, Marshall is often spotted quietly paying attention.

"I'm new to this," Marshall said while flashing what may be the greatest smile in sports. "I'm a rookie. I think it's fun to hear all the stories and see the guys interact with one another. This experience has been better than I thought it would be. I'm out here watching these guys, trying to learn what I can take from them."

Anything pop out from his observations?

"Wes Welker, his route running," Marshall said of the New England slot receiver. "Even in walkthrough, he's always working on something, trying to get better at it, working the corners. He only knows one speed. Everybody else here is at 40, 50. Wes is at 100 percent."

Funny how the biggest receiver becomes infatuated with the smallest AFC player. Maybe it's because people crave what they aren't.

Welker plays a small man's game. He darts and dodges.Marshall plays a big-man's game. He catches and punishes.

"You always hear about Anquan (Boldin) being a tough guy to bring down," said Asomugha, who was widely considered to have supplanted the Broncos' injured Champ Bailey as the NFL's top cornerback this season. "But in my mind, I think Brandon's the toughest guy to bring down, one-on-one."

In 2007, the front end of Marshall's back-to-back 100-catch seasons, he led the NFL with 319 yards after contact. He wasn't nearly as effective after contact in 2008, largely because a strained hip muscle cost him restart speed after shedding a tackler.

"The thing I noticed about him is he tries to make the big play, every play," Asomugha said. "It has to be a big play. And that's a competitor. It makes sense. I have a lot of respect for him."

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

The man can play. Now, what will it cost us for him to re-up?

tsiguy96
02-07-2009, 04:46 AM
In addition to Brandon's social life he is getting recognized for playing some ball while he is at the pro-bowl.

The man can play. Now, what will it cost us for him to re-up?

8.5 mil a year id imagine. hopefully it gets done this year.

Meck77
02-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Good for Brandon but I'm ready for this team to give us some playoff news. Someday....

snowspot66
02-07-2009, 05:36 AM
She got a double degree it says. Thank god. She's at the very least above average intelligence. No trailer park drama. Good for him.

HILife
02-07-2009, 05:48 AM
She's cute! She got a sister? I'm still looking for a good women in my life. My requirement is to be alive. As long as that's met I'll hit it.:D

cam5500
02-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Maybe this was his big suprise?