PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Shining at PB

SpiritGuy
02-06-2009, 08:16 AM
HONOLULU Only the greatest players were invited here, yet even among the upper-crust gathering, Brandon Marshall has stood large.
Much larger than the greats figured, anyway.

"Marshall, I'm looking up at him, and I'm a tight end," Kansas City star Tony Gonzalez said. "He's huge."

"If you can't hit him in stride, something's wrong with you," Peyton Manning said. "He's a big ol' target. He's special."

Manning will be the AFC Pro Bowl starting quarterback and Gonzalez will be his tight end. The Broncos will be represented in the AFC starting lineup Sunday by the 6-foot-4, 230-pound Marshall, who will line up opposite Andre Johnson as the first-string receivers for the game.

For the light, hour-long practices at a nearby high school field, Marshall is lined up across from the Oakland Raiders' sensational cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.

"I didn't know he was that big," said Asomugha, who plays against Marshall and the Broncos twice a year, "until here and I saw him without pads."
Then again, Marshall has always been big here on the peaceful island of Oahu. He played at Aloha Stadium, site of the Pro Bowl, twice in a 29-day span to finish his senior season at Central Florida. In the Hawaii Bowl on Christmas Eve 2005, Marshall made 11 catches for 210 yards and three touchdowns and was named the game's co-MVP.

Playing in the East-West college all-star Hula Bowl on Jan. 22, 2006, Marshall made five catches for 101 yards and the East's only touchdown in a 10-7 victory. The media again voted him the game's MVP of the game, although the coaches trumped the selection.

"Every time I play against a guy around the league who played in the Hula Bowl, we call ourselves 'Hula Bowl Boys,' " Marshall said.

Back in Denver, Marshall is often the center of attention. Away from the mainland, in this secluded gathering of NFL all-stars, Marshall is often spotted quietly paying attention.

"I'm new to this," Marshall said while flashing what may be the greatest smile in sports. "I'm a rookie. I think it's fun to hear all the stories and see the guys interact with one another. This experience has been better than I thought it would be. I'm out here watching these guys, trying to learn what I can take from them."

Anything pop out from his observations?

"Wes Welker, his route running," Marshall said of the New England slot receiver. "Even in walkthrough, he's always working on something, trying to get better at it, working the corners. He only knows one speed. Everybody else here is at 40, 50. Wes is at 100 percent."

Funny how the biggest receiver becomes infatuated with the smallest AFC player. Maybe it's because people crave what they aren't.

Welker plays a small man's game. He darts and dodges.Marshall plays a big-man's game. He catches and punishes.

"You always hear about Anquan (Boldin) being a tough guy to bring down," said Asomugha, who was widely considered to have supplanted the Broncos' injured Champ Bailey as the NFL's top cornerback this season. "But in my mind, I think Brandon's the toughest guy to bring down, one-on-one."

In 2007, the front end of Marshall's back-to-back 100-catch seasons, he led the NFL with 319 yards after contact. He wasn't nearly as effective after contact in 2008, largely because a strained hip muscle cost him restart speed after shedding a tackler.

"The thing I noticed about him is he tries to make the big play, every play," Asomugha said. "It has to be a big play. And that's a competitor. It makes sense. I have a lot of respect for him."

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

TheReverend
02-06-2009, 08:20 AM
These guys obviously haven't read what a pile of **** as a human and a player he is on the Orangemane. He can't catch and causes trouble everyone.

Smiling Assassin27
02-06-2009, 08:20 AM
if you wanna bring this guy down, just drop this in front of him...

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:O5rxZe-YPHUYEM::bp1.blogger.com/_63-7c4kNHKA/R-r3a4W6AOI/AAAAAAAAABk/O070_kjrYJk/s400/McDonalds%25252BBag.jpg

TheReverend
02-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Sarcasm. For the tards.

Kaylore
02-06-2009, 08:22 AM
if you wanna bring this guy down, just drop this in front of him...

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:O5rxZe-YPHUYEM::bp1.blogger.com/_63-7c4kNHKA/R-r3a4W6AOI/AAAAAAAAABk/O070_kjrYJk/s400/McDonalds%25252BBag.jpg

:spit:

Irish Stout
02-06-2009, 08:26 AM
These guys obviously haven't read what a pile of **** as a human and a player he is on the Orangemane. He can't catch and causes trouble everyone.

No crap!!!! Put him on the trading block! We'll take a 7th rounder and be better off without this guy.

Irish Stout
02-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Sarcasm. For the tards.

oh.... right.... me too. Mr. Marshall will you come to my halloween party next year?

theAPAOps5
02-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Where is the Brandon Marshall Hate Club to ruin a positive piece about him. Come on guys you are slacking.

Ironlung
02-06-2009, 08:54 AM
So did Joey Porter give him the "look" yet?

Smiling Assassin27
02-06-2009, 08:57 AM

flashed them popcorn muscles..Ha!

tsiguy96
02-06-2009, 09:01 AM

agreed. move on, let this flavor clown not get any more attention then he already does, thats all he looking for.

strafen
02-06-2009, 09:09 AM
If they think he's big, they ain't seen his ego yet! :rofl:

theAPAOps5
02-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Actually off the field his ego is pretty reasonable.

colonelbeef
02-06-2009, 09:20 AM
2006 draft just gets more and more amazing as time goes by

Tombstone RJ
02-06-2009, 09:21 AM
HONOLULU Only the greatest players were invited here, yet even among the upper-crust gathering, Brandon Marshall has stood large.

"Marshall, I'm looking up at him, and I'm a tight end," Kansas City star Tony Gonzalez said. "He's huge."

"If you can't hit him in stride, something's wrong with you," Peyton Manning said. "He's a big ol' target. He's special."

Manning will be the AFC Pro Bowl starting quarterback and Gonzalez will be his tight end. The Broncos will be represented in the AFC starting lineup Sunday by the 6-foot-4, 230-pound Marshall, who will line up opposite Andre Johnson as the first-string receivers for the game.

For the light, hour-long practices at a nearby high school field, Marshall is lined up across from the Oakland Raiders' sensational cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.

"I didn't know he was that big," said Asomugha, who plays against Marshall and the Broncos twice a year, "until here and I saw him without pads."
Then again, Marshall has always been big here on the peaceful island of Oahu. He played at Aloha Stadium, site of the Pro Bowl, twice in a 29-day span to finish his senior season at Central Florida. In the Hawaii Bowl on Christmas Eve 2005, Marshall made 11 catches for 210 yards and three touchdowns and was named the game's co-MVP.

Playing in the East-West college all-star Hula Bowl on Jan. 22, 2006, Marshall made five catches for 101 yards and the East's only touchdown in a 10-7 victory. The media again voted him the game's MVP of the game, although the coaches trumped the selection.

"Every time I play against a guy around the league who played in the Hula Bowl, we call ourselves 'Hula Bowl Boys,' " Marshall said.

Back in Denver, Marshall is often the center of attention. Away from the mainland, in this secluded gathering of NFL all-stars, Marshall is often spotted quietly paying attention.

"I'm new to this," Marshall said while flashing what may be the greatest smile in sports. "I'm a rookie. I think it's fun to hear all the stories and see the guys interact with one another. This experience has been better than I thought it would be. I'm out here watching these guys, trying to learn what I can take from them."

"Wes Welker, his route running," Marshall said of the New England slot receiver. "Even in walkthrough, he's always working on something, trying to get better at it, working the corners. He only knows one speed. Everybody else here is at 40, 50. Wes is at 100 percent."

Funny how the biggest receiver becomes infatuated with the smallest AFC player. Maybe it's because people crave what they aren't.

Welker plays a small man's game. He darts and dodges.Marshall plays a big-man's game. He catches and punishes.

"You always hear about Anquan (Boldin) being a tough guy to bring down," said Asomugha, who was widely considered to have supplanted the Broncos' injured Champ Bailey as the NFL's top cornerback this season. "But in my mind, I think Brandon's the toughest guy to bring down, one-on-one."

In 2007, the front end of Marshall's back-to-back 100-catch seasons, he led the NFL with 319 yards after contact. He wasn't nearly as effective after contact in 2008, largely because a strained hip muscle cost him restart speed after shedding a tackler.

"The thing I noticed about him is he tries to make the big play, every play," Asomugha said. "It has to be a big play. And that's a competitor. It makes sense. I have a lot of respect for him."

Hey, where's jocko-homo joey porter?

theAPAOps5
02-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Hey, where's jocko-homo joey porter?

He's waiting for his boys. So he can have them hold him and say if it weren't for my boys holding me back I would kick your ass.

dbfan4life
02-06-2009, 09:24 AM

more amazingly bad!!!! :clown:

montrose
02-06-2009, 09:27 AM

LOL

**** Peezy and his popcorn muscles.

frerottenextelway
02-06-2009, 09:30 AM

I'd like to retract my earlier comments when I may have suggested Marshall wasn't ''large'' or ''big'' or "huge". I stand corrected.

:clown:

worm
02-06-2009, 09:32 AM
"I'm new to this," Marshall said while flashing what may be the greatest smile in sports.

Best smile in sports? YES! Woohoo!

Superbowl!!!

frerottenextelway
02-06-2009, 09:36 AM

Superbowl!!!

Not only the best smile, but Marshall has the biggest smile.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-06-2009, 09:47 AM

Superbowl!!!

I don't know... Peter King said last year that Tony Romo was leading the league in smiles. And ol' Hines Ward has a pretty good smirre of his own...

SMILE OFF!

bronco militia
02-06-2009, 09:50 AM
;d

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-06-2009, 09:52 AM
And ol' Hines Ward has a pretty good smirre of his own...

SMILE OFF!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/Tonito44/ThatsRacist.gif

:rofl:

:thanku:

bronco militia
02-06-2009, 09:57 AM
I see we have some KSK readers at the OM

gyldenlove
02-06-2009, 10:05 AM

Only 2 pro bowlers, that is hardly acceptable.

Kaylore
02-06-2009, 10:05 AM
I want Marshall to cock-punch Porter.

bronco militia
02-06-2009, 10:10 AM
I want Marshall to cock-punch Porter.

wtf?!?!

is that some kind of mormon thing?

:giggle:

theAPAOps5
02-06-2009, 10:12 AM
I am trying to figure out if Kaylor wants to actually punch his cock. Thats just gross.

Kaylore
02-06-2009, 10:15 AM
wtf?!?!

:giggle:

1. cockpunch

a punch to someones groin area
Bill drank Tom's last beer, so Tom gave him a cockpunch

TheReverend
02-06-2009, 10:21 AM
1. cockpunch

Not to be confused with the vastly different "cockmunch"

watermock
02-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Where's the daily "Marshalls in trouble again count" at now?

huh?

Once he cockpunced that whaco money whore he's been clean.

enjolras
02-06-2009, 10:34 AM
I think time well tell that the 2008 draft was even better;)

BroncoBuff
02-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Marshall played in Aloha Stadium twice in a 29-day span to finish his senior season at Central Florida.

1) In the Hawaii Bowl on Christmas Eve 2005, Marshall made 11 catches for 210 yards and three touchdowns and was named the game's co-MVP.

2) In the East-West all-star Hula Bowl on Jan. 22, 2006, Marshall made five catches for 101 yards and the East's only touchdown in a 10-7 victory. The media again voted him the game's MVP of the game.

And three months later, he fell to the fourth round. Still can't believe it.

bronco militia
02-06-2009, 11:37 AM
1. cockpunch

dude, that's what feet, footballs, basketballs, and other blunt objects are for

theAPAOps5
02-06-2009, 11:41 AM
dude, that's what feet, footballs, basketballs, and other blunt objects are for

Yes there should be no hand to cock contact in a Man vs Man altercation. Its up there on the no-no list with crossing the stream in Ghostbusters! ^5

Rock Chalk
02-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Yes there should be no hand to cock contact in a Man vs Man altercation. Its up there on the no-no list with crossing the stream in Ghostbusters! ^5

+1

gyldenlove
02-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Where's the daily "Marshalls in trouble again count" at now?

huh?

Once he cockpunced that whaco money whore he's been clean.

I guess that with the liberal "groin" definition Kaylore put forward you could cockpunch a bitch... it still seems wrong to me

bronco militia
02-06-2009, 11:44 AM
LOL Hilarious!

Kaylore
02-06-2009, 11:47 AM
One of my favorite onion infographics:

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/onion_imagearticle789.jpg

cmhargrove
02-06-2009, 11:51 AM
One of my favorite onion infographics:

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/onion_imagearticle789.jpg

Who was the Chief that "cockpunched" Marshall a couple years back?

bronco militia
02-06-2009, 12:10 PM
ugh!~

extralife
02-06-2009, 01:49 PM
I like how he singled out Welker as the guy he's paying the most attention to. Route running is Marshall's biggest weakness; it's encouraging to know that he finds it important.

strafen
02-06-2009, 07:37 PM
wtf?!?!

:giggle:Lol!!! LOL
Yes we want to know http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/wall.gif

lostknight
02-06-2009, 08:19 PM
I've been impressed by how quickly Brandon has grown.

Jetmeck
02-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Yeah but I heard he got engaged, it's all downhill from here I'm afraid. Sorry ladies....lol

Seriously if she is not a gold digger maybe it will settle him down and he will take another step forward to being
a elite receiver consistently week to week.

strafen
02-07-2009, 08:21 AM
I've been impressed by how quickly Brandon has grown.
That's what all his followers want to believe. I still have no solid evidence that he has
We will see next season how he does. I hope he has though, just haven't seen it yet
If he scores a TD hands the ball to the ref, walks off the field to congratulate his teammates, then I'd say he has grown up...

Inkana7
02-07-2009, 09:40 AM
That's what all his followers want to believe. I still have no solid evidence that he has
We will see next season how he does. I hope he has though, just haven't seen it yet
If he scores a TD hands the ball to the ref, walks off the field to congratulate his teammates, then I'd say he has grown up...

You do know that no one really does that anymore, right? So the rest of the NFL is full of immature punks and thugs?

Flex Gunmetal
02-07-2009, 09:47 AM

Is this a joke post?

Killericon
02-07-2009, 12:49 PM
So the rest of the NFL is full of immature punks and thugs?

Yes?

Hogan11
02-07-2009, 01:41 PM

He has progressed thru last season and hopefully marriage puts him in a different place....afterall, nothing kills that off the field crap faster than a early heavy dose of domesticality.

The goofy celebration thing ultimately leads to embarrassing moments, not only for the player who "performs" them but to the uniform they wear also. Much to his credit, this stuff was reduced last season as well.

Remember you're always going to be a Marshall hater if you don't gargle his nuts and think he's the be all to end all....there is no grey area, if you're not in love with him with a serious man crush, then you think he's a cancer, want him cut, think he eats babies, etc. etc. etc. Just roll with it and pay it no mind because it's just not worth it.

tsiguy96
02-07-2009, 02:14 PM
He has progressed thru last season and hopefully marriage puts him in a different place....afterall, nothing kills that off the field crap faster than a early heavy dose of domesticality.

The goofy celebration thing ultimately leads to embarrassing moments, not only for the player who "performs" them but to the uniform they wear also. Much to his credit, this stuff was reduced last season as well.

Remember you're always going to be a Marshall hater if you don't gargle his nuts and think he's the be all to end all....there is no grey area, if you're not in love with him with a serious man crush, then you think he's a cancer, want him cut, think he eats babies, etc. etc. etc. Just roll with it and pay it no mind because it's just not worth it.

youre right, players shouldnt try to have fun. they should be dull, boring, score teh TDs and not say anything.

marshall being goofy is what makes him marshall, and what makes him so fun to watch on and off the field. if you dont like it, too bad because he is a game changer on the field and is one of the faces of the denver broncos. instead of criticizing everything he ever does (which is almost all positive. besides a DUI and him trying to show support for obama, albeit at the wrong time) try supporting him and hoping he becomes the best in the NFL, because you better believe he can be.

Hogan11
02-07-2009, 02:21 PM
youre right, players shouldnt try to have fun. they should be dull, boring, score teh TDs and not say anything.

marshall being goofy is what makes him marshall, and what makes him so fun to watch on and off the field. if you dont like it, too bad because he is a game changer on the field and is one of the faces of the denver broncos. instead of criticizing everything he ever does (which is almost all positive. besides a DUI and him trying to show support for obama, albeit at the wrong time) try supporting him and hoping he becomes the best in the NFL, because you better believe he can be.

And here's the proof. Like I said, if you don't have a serious man crush for him, then you hate him, don't support him and want him cut ::)

2KBack
02-07-2009, 02:36 PM
And here's the proof. Like I said, if you don't have a serious man crush for him, then you hate him, don't support him and want him cut ::)

and it you aren't bothered by him at all you are a Nut swinger and follower?

Hogan11
02-07-2009, 02:38 PM
and it you aren't bothered by him at all you are a Nut swinger and follower?

What? ???

tsiguy96
02-07-2009, 02:39 PM

no, its just that 90% of this board is realistic about who he is, a good hard working player who is extremely positive and about the team 100%. the other 10% focus on the few things he has done that werent perfect.

Hogan11
02-07-2009, 02:40 PM
no, its just that 90% of this board is realistic about who he is, a good hard working player who is extremely positive and about the team 100%. the other 10% focus on the few things he has done that werent perfect.

and another 10%, like Tsiguy here, probably stalk him and plan on crashing his wedding. Being a fan is one thing, being infatuated is quite another

theAPAOps5
02-07-2009, 02:44 PM

I don't have a serious man crush for him. But I don't hate him I think many on this board wrote him off while he has had a clean slate for almost a year now. So why not consider it a rare case of getting his act together?

tsiguy96
02-07-2009, 02:45 PM
and another 10%, like Tsiguy here, probably stalk him and plan on crashing his wedding. Being a fan is one thing, being infatuated is quite another

no, we are just sick of people like you who supposedly support the team yet constantly criticize and degrade the best people on it.

Hogan11
02-07-2009, 02:51 PM
I don't have a serious man crush for him. But I don't hate him I think many on this board wrote him off while he has had a clean slate for almost a year now. So why not consider it a rare case of getting his act together?

If you read my inital post on this thread, I stated just that..he's making progress in almost every area. You know how it is though, I was critical of him before last season and as a result been catagorized as a hater incapable of such observations. It's always black and white with this guy, there can't be any inbetween ::)

Hogan11
02-07-2009, 02:53 PM
no, we are just sick of people like you who supposedly support the team yet constantly criticize and degrade the best people on it.

Yeah, that's it. You're over the top love for a professional athlete is unhealthy. See your local shrink ASAP. Obsession is an ugly thing

theAPAOps5
02-07-2009, 03:01 PM
If you read my inital post on this thread, I stated just that..he's making progress in almost every area. You know how it is though, I was critical of him before last season and as a result been catagorized as a hater incapable of such observations. It's always black and white with this guy, there can't be any inbetween ::)

Yeah I understand but others haven't given him the benefit of the doubt. I wasn't pointing you out specifically just saying it seems there is 2 distinct sides. But in reality its possible to be in the middle. Which I am and sounds like you are too.