PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Offer HC Job to Haley PFT: "HALEY TO THE CHIEFS"

Hallside
02-05-2009, 08:42 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/05/haley-to-the-chiefs/

HALEY TO THE CHIEFS (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/05/haley-to-the-chiefs/)

Posted by Mike Florio on February 5, 2009, 11:02 p.m. EST
Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the Kansas City Chiefs have offered the team’s head-coaching position to Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9187366/Sources:-Chiefs-offer-job-to-Cards%27-offensive-boss).
Per Glazer, the two sides are now in the process of working out a contract.
“He’s going to be a big loss for us,” an unnamed Cardinals player told FOXSports.com.
Haley arrived as offensive coordinator in 2007, after Ken Whisenhunt was hired to be the team’s head coach.
Haley and Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli worked together with the Jets in the late 1990s. Haley also has coached with the Bears and the Cowboys.
If Haley ends up taking the job, it’ll be interesting to see whether the Chiefs make a play for Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in three weeks.

Los Broncos
02-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh great Bob will be here soon to tell us all about it.

tsiguy96
02-05-2009, 08:44 PM

shanahan is not the coach, therefore bob shouldnt be here for 30 days from now.

Dagmar
02-05-2009, 08:45 PM

Like that welching **** will stick to it.

Florida_Bronco

Indeed.

Los Broncos

Why would he even honor it, he has none.

broncosteven
02-05-2009, 08:49 PM
So this must be it as it was not coming from WiPIy N. Athan or Boob.

Bob's your Information Minister
02-05-2009, 08:51 PM
See you later, girls.

bowtown
02-05-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm still unclear on how they circumvented the Rooney Rule.

ludo21
02-05-2009, 08:52 PM
haley will be a decent coach for them. He will be an efficient game manager and OC, but other than that I dont know what Haley has to offer them.

I wont mind if they get Warner, they can stay old for all i care. Being from AZ and being round that team I cant see Warner leaving the Cards without it being for retirement.

bowtown
02-05-2009, 08:52 PM
See you later, girls.

It is Feb. 5th at 11:52 EST... just so there is no confusion.

Miss I.
02-05-2009, 08:53 PM

Me too.

and you really think Warner will go to KC? It seems like he would be better off in AZ, but who knows.

azbroncfan
02-05-2009, 08:57 PM

They will have a token black candidate come in and interview. They are paging Frazier now or they will pay the fine.

broncosteven
02-05-2009, 09:00 PM
They will have a token black candidate come in and interview. They are paging Frazier now or they will pay the fine.

My phone rang I picked it up some dude saw my resume on Careerbuilder and offered me the KFC job.

He asked if I was white, I told him mix between mostly Norse, and german he hung up on me.

azbroncfan
02-05-2009, 09:02 PM
It'm not official until WPI reports the inside info first.

400HZ
02-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Warner doesn't even like Haley. You ever see those two guys try and converse during a game?

Br0nc0Buster
02-05-2009, 09:06 PM
The Deal Is Done!!!

TheDave
02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Wait... I thought they already hired Shanahan.

brncs_fan
02-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Warner wants in the HOF so he will stay in AZ where he can throw to Fitzgerald and Boldin again to bolster his numbers.

Miss I.
02-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Warner wants in the HOF so he will stay in AZ where he can throw to Fitzgerald and Boldin again to bolster his numbers.

Heck if I could throw well I would want to throw to those guys too. I kind of figured that too. I mean really, his option is to throw to Bowe (who seems to drop as much as he catches) or Gonzo (well he's good however not like Fitz or boldin) or hand off to that whiny girl LJ?

BroncoDoug
02-05-2009, 09:18 PM
K, now that bobo is gone, lets all move to a secret location and not let him back!!

brncs_fan
02-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Heck if I could throw well I would want to throw to those guys too. I kind of figured that too. I mean really, his option is to throw to Bowe (who seems to drop as much as he catches) or Gonzo (well he's good however not like Fitz or boldin) or hand off to that whiny girl LJ?

Actually, Bowe may be his only option since Gonzo and LJ have both stated that they want out of town.

NFLBRONCO
02-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Haley- Fitz and Boldin= Priceless

_Oro_
02-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Warner has no say in the matter. The man-goblin will tell him to take the money and Chiefs will be fd for 3 more years. :)

bronco610
02-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Good riddance Boob!!!!

BroncoBuff
02-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Yeah, he better not come here. He's got a self-imposed 30-day ban. I suppose he can come in and make a couple posts before he goes, but it's 30 for Bob, starting right away.

This part of the article was interesting:

If Haley ends up taking the job, itíll be interesting to see whether the Chiefs make a play for Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in three weeks.

BMarsh615
02-05-2009, 11:24 PM
The Deal Is Done

SoCalBronco
02-05-2009, 11:28 PM
He's got a self-imposed 30-day ban.

That and 75 cents will get you one of Bob's favorite Hostess coconut snowballs at a local 7-11.

KCStud
02-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Haley is the best candidate we could have got. His game planning and adjustments have proven to be very good.

Many people skip by the fact that he revived Kurt Warner's dead career.

Now on to DC. That will be the key

BMarsh615
02-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Haley is the best candidate we could have got. His game planning and adjustments have proven to be very good.

Haley was the only candidate left. :thumbs:

KCStud
02-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Haley was the only candidate left. :thumbs:

Eh? Frazier would have been nice. I really like Todd Bowles too! But Haley it is.

Maybe someone should pay Chris Collinsworth. He said Haley was KC's next coach 3 weeks ago

KCStud
02-05-2009, 11:52 PM

McDaniels-Moss and Welker?

24champ
02-05-2009, 11:53 PM

Dude...if the Chiefs picked a LLAMA for Head Coach you would be singing praises about the LLAMA. :rofl:

KCStud
02-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Dude...if the Chiefs picked a LLAMA for Head Coach you would be singing praises about the LLAMA. :rofl:

LMAO that describes this board as well. Most people here wanted Spags when the offseason started

24champ
02-06-2009, 12:03 AM
LMAO that describes this board as well. Most people here wanted Spags when the offseason started

Not me. I was in the McDaniels camp from day one.

You got pwned by Kahn on wanting Shanny, changed your stance on him immediately as the phoney rumors circulated.

You just finished 2-14. You have a ways to go, but this will be another off-season the Chiefs claim they are awesome now because x,y,z was brought in. :giggle:

Killericon
02-06-2009, 12:20 AM
McDaniels-Moss and Welker?

Cutler, Marshall and Royal aren't too big a step down from Cassell, Moss and Welker.

redrage
02-06-2009, 07:11 AM
More like McDaniels-Belichick

Face it, there hasn't been much success for former Belichick assistents the last few years. And I'm big enough to admit even Pioli should be part of that group.

Miss I.
02-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Maybe KC could just trade Larry Johnson for Cassel. I mean he wants to leave, the salaries are comprable and NE is pretty good at rehabiliting loud mouth jerks. :rofl:

bowtown
02-06-2009, 07:14 AM

Face it, there hasn't been much success for former Belichick assistents the last few years. And I'm big enough to admit even Pioli should be part of that group.

I'll agree with this until one of these guys can show me otherwise. I'm certainly rooting for it to be the kid, but I remain skeptical. I'm just glad that Dennison and Turner are still on board.

Kaylore
02-06-2009, 07:18 AM

I think everyone is apprehensive having seen what Weis, Crennel and Mangini have (or haven't) been able to do.

I will say Saban could have been good. He took that team to 9-7 and almost made the playoffs. One season isn't enough to say he sucks.

Regardless, McDaniels might be the one that works or he might suck. He's not going to a franchise that is full of fail like the Browns and Jets have been for forty years. I'm sure that's at least a contributing factor. It's fallacious to suggest McDaniels won't work out just because other people in other scenarios didn't.

redrage
02-06-2009, 07:38 AM
I think everyone is apprehensive having seen what Weis, Crennel and Mangini have (or haven't) been able to do.

I will say Saban could have been good. He took that team to 9-7 and almost made the playoffs. One season isn't enough to say he sucks.

Regardless, McDaniels might be the one that works or he might suck. He's not going to a franchise that is full of fail like the Browns and Jets have been for forty years. I'm sure that's at least a contributing factor. It's fallacious to suggest McDaniels won't work out just because other people in other scenarios didn't.

I'm not suggesting he won't work out, I was just implying that the Patriots success over the last years have been due to Belichick and not Moss, Welker, McDaniels or even Pioli for that matter.

The fit between coach and organization is vastly underrated as a barometer for success IMO. One could argue even the best head coaches couldn't succeed in other enviroments. Timing and, of course, HOF talent (such as Elway, Brady, et.al) all contribute the success coaches have. It'll be no different with McDaniels.

TheReverend
02-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Warner doesn't even like Haley. You ever see those two guys try and converse during a game?

Not true. It's just two fired up guys passionate about what they're doing.

Peoples Champ
02-06-2009, 07:45 AM
What happened to Mike Shannahan ? I thought Bob garunteed Shannahan to be Chiefs coach?

bowtown
02-06-2009, 07:46 AM
What happened to Mike Shannahan ? I thought Bob garunteed Shannahan to be Chiefs coach?

He's still holding out hope that they'll bring him on as the DC.

cmhargrove
02-06-2009, 08:08 AM

Boldin is looking to get out of Arizona. Just sayin'...

Rohirrim
02-06-2009, 08:12 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2265267&postcount=94

The Palantir is never wrong. ;D

gyldenlove
02-06-2009, 08:13 AM

POTD!

gyldenlove
02-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Hmm, so McDaniels is already 3 Super Bowl rings up on Haley, this could get really ugly.

Tom A Hawk
02-06-2009, 09:04 AM

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=9796198&nav=menu51_4

Rulon Velvet Jones
02-06-2009, 09:41 AM
"Uh, pardon me,Holmes - wanna coach the Chiefs?"

"Hey **** yo' mama".

"Thank you very much".

Rooney Rule circumvented National Lampoon-style.

KCStud
02-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Not me. I was in the McDaniels camp from day one.

You got pwned by Kahn on wanting Shanny, changed your stance on him immediately as the phoney rumors circulated.

You just finished 2-14. You have a ways to go, but this will be another off-season the Chiefs claim they are awesome now because x,y,z was brought in. :giggle:

Than you are one of the few.

The reason Chiefs fans are thrilled this offseason is not only because Hermit and Carl are gone, but because they got proven guys in who can find talent and coach.

Pioli-Proven talent evaluator
Gailey-Good offensive coordinator. Makes great gameplans for the offense, especially at QB (Kordell Stewart and Tyler Thigpens success)
Haley-Very good gameplanner and can make adjustments. Also good with helping QB's(Warner)

All that's needed now is a proven DC. Things are lookin up in KC

Smiling Assassin27
02-06-2009, 10:42 AM
a lombardi trophy just doesnt' fit...

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:pk8EIkIdG4j6-M:http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/2008%2BNFL%2BDraft%2B3wZzGSC5QN1l.jpg

KCStud
02-06-2009, 10:44 AM
a lombardi trophy just doesnt' fit...

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:pk8EIkIdG4j6-M:http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/2008%2BNFL%2BDraft%2B3wZzGSC5QN1l.jpg

Here ya go

http://blog.feefifoto.com/images/2008/02/13/lombardi_trophy.jpg

TheReverend
02-06-2009, 10:55 AM

The reason Chiefs fans are thrilled this offseason is not only because Hermit and Carl are gone, but because they got proven guys in who can find talent and coach.

Gailey-Good offensive coordinator. Makes great gameplans for the offense, especially at QB (Kordell Stewart and Tyler Thigpens success)
Haley-Very good gameplanner and can make adjustments. Also good with helping QB's(Warner)

I'd argue with Pioli's credentials, personally. Other than that, lots of great OC's have been washed out as head coaches, but I hope he does well.

KCStud
02-06-2009, 10:57 AM
I'd argue with Pioli's credentials, personally. Other than that, lots of great OC's have been washed out as head coaches, but I hope he does well.

Why? Just curious? I know he his main success has been from 2002-2006, but he has still got some good players like Merriweather, Mayo, Gotstowski, Samuel, Hobbs, Mankins in the draft recently and guys like Moss, Welker, and Thomas in FA

ZachKC
02-06-2009, 11:01 AM
haley will be a decent coach for them. He will be an efficient game manager and OC, but other than that I dont know what Haley has to offer them.

I wont mind if they get Warner, they can stay old for all i care. Being from AZ and being round that team I cant see Warner leaving the Cards without it being for retirement.

We don't want Warner.

Kaylore
02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
but because they got proven guys in who can find talent and coach.

You don't know what "proven" means. None of them are proven. Pioli could be a product of the New England system. Haley could be a product of two really talented receivers and Ken Wisenhunt's system. None of them have held the jobs they hold now before. We don't know what any promoted GM or coach is going to be like until he has a go at the job for awhile.

Smiling Assassin27
02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
We don't want Warner.

Stafford?

HooptyHoops
02-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Good hire, I think he will do good...Hopefully KC comes up to being the 2nd best team in the West...right behind the Broncos!!

Smiling Assassin27
02-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Good hire, I think he will do good...Hopefully KC comes up to being the 2nd best team in the West...right behind the Broncos!!

if the standings are something like this, i'm good with that.

Broncos 16-0
Chiefs 4-12
Raiders 4-12
Chargers 4-12

TheReverend
02-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Why? Just curious? I know he his main success has been from 2002-2006, but he has still got some good players like Merriweather, Mayo, Gotstowski, Samuel, Hobbs, Mankins in the draft recently and guys like Moss, Welker, and Thomas in FA

Meriweather, Mayo, Mankins were all the best guys at the position available in the entire draft. Samuel and Hobbs, and every scrub FA LB they've brought in have gotten some supreme coaching, and have been placed in favorable situations more often than not (always having safety help over the top, playing underneath for a better shot at the pick, etc)

Randy Moss is the best receiver in pro football. Audalius Thomas cost crazy money and really hasn't been worth it, in all honesty. Wes Welker was a smooth hit, but do we credit Pioli for the evaluation or just getting the deal done? I'm not so sure.

One coin flip meant the world to that franchise. Not Scott Pioli.

crazyhorse
02-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Who knows what Haley will do? Who know's what McDaniels will do?

We have "probably" upgraded.
The Broncos "probably" haven't.

Nobody knows for sure until they start playing games.

24champ
02-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Things are lookin up in KC

Again, this is pretty much what you Queef fans say every offseason.:spit:

theAPAOps5
02-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Who knows what Haley will do? Who know's what McDaniels will do?

We have "probably" upgraded.
The Broncos "probably" haven't.

Nobody knows for sure until they start playing games.

Nice little slip...... :)

crazyhorse
02-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Nice little slip...... :)

I think it's "probably" accurate.

ZachKC
02-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Meriweather, Mayo, Mankins were all the best guys at the position available in the entire draft. Samuel and Hobbs, and every scrub FA LB they've brought in have gotten some supreme coaching, and have been placed in favorable situations more often than not (always having safety help over the top, playing underneath for a better shot at the pick, etc)

Randy Moss is the best receiver in pro football. Audalius Thomas cost crazy money and really hasn't been worth it, in all honesty. Wes Welker was a smooth hit, but do we credit Pioli for the evaluation or just getting the deal done? I'm not so sure.

One coin flip meant the world to that franchise. Not Scott Pioli.

In each of the last five seasons, the depth and versatility of New England's roster helped overcome key injuries to win five straight AFC East titles. The Patriots have used an average of 40 different starters over the last five seasons, and claimed two NFL records for success in that category. In 2005, the Patriots set a post-merger league record for a division champion by utilizing 45 different starters. In 2003, the Patriots won Super Bowl XXXVIII despite using 42 different starters, the most in league history by a Super Bowl champion. In 2004, the Patriots employed 40 different starters as they won their second consecutive Super Bowl, and in 2006 won their fourth straight AFC East title while using 39 different starters. Last season, the Patriots tied the all-time NFL record with 21 different players scoring touchdowns. Of the 53 players on the Patriots' Super Bowl XLII roster, 43 were acquired after the team's first championship in 2001 and 31 were acquired since the team's third title in 2004.

ZachKC
02-06-2009, 11:25 AM
That bolded part is amazing.

theAPAOps5
02-06-2009, 11:26 AM
I think it's "probably" accurate.

Thats funny because I think its "probably" a wash or at least favoring Denver.

TheReverend
02-06-2009, 11:28 AM
In each of the last five seasons, the depth and versatility of New England's roster helped overcome key injuries to win five straight AFC East titles. The Patriots have used an average of 40 different starters over the last five seasons, and claimed two NFL records for success in that category. In 2005, the Patriots set a post-merger league record for a division champion by utilizing 45 different starters. In 2003, the Patriots won Super Bowl XXXVIII despite using 42 different starters, the most in league history by a Super Bowl champion. In 2004, the Patriots employed 40 different starters as they won their second consecutive Super Bowl, and in 2006 won their fourth straight AFC East title while using 39 different starters. Last season, the Patriots tied the all-time NFL record with 21 different players scoring touchdowns. Of the 53 players on the Patriots' Super Bowl XLII roster, 43 were acquired after the team's first championship in 2001 and 31 were acquired since the team's third title in 2004.

Faulk, Vrabel and Brown are probably the only guys I'd personally term with "versatile"

bronclvr
02-06-2009, 11:36 AM
How Will Haley, Pioli Mix?
Posted by Tom Curran: Friday, February 6, 2009 11:04 AM

Now that the Chiefs have hired former Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley, it's worth wondering how he and GM Scott Pioli will get along. League sources who know both men noted that the two have forceful personalities that probably haven't lessened much since they worked together with the Jets a decade ago.

It's a reasonable question. Haley is a guy who will strongly voice his opinions on issues, as he explained during Super Bowl week.

Pioli, meanwhile, is one of the hardest-working front office men in the NFL. And once he reaches a conclusion on something, it's not easy to move him off his mark.

In New England, Bill Belichick and Pioli had a relationship where, when there was a significant difference of opinion on a player for instance, the two sides would move on to another player rather than get into a peeing contest.

Now, with Pioli in the "final say" position and Haley taking charge of his first team, it will be interesting to see how both men approach the uphill climb of getting the Chiefs on track.

Additionally, neither guy seems to suffer fools (or perceived fools) well. In a rebuilding climate where they have no immediate track record, they are both going to be subject to frequent questioning either directly or, if they aren't available for comment, indirectly.

The first order of business for the pair may be deciding if they want to pursue Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel, franchised by New England on Thursday.

The Chiefs hold the third pick in the draft. Extracting Cassel from New England will cost two first-rounders if KC goes about signing him conventionally. If they work a deal, it could easily cost a first and a third or better.

For a team with multiple issues and grumbling stars at tight end and running back, that could be a lot to expend.

http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2009/02/how-will-haley-pioli-mix.html

crazyhorse
02-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Thats funny because I think its "probably" a wash or at least favoring Denver.

So you feel that McDaniels is more of an upgrade over Shanny, than Haley is over Edwards? I doubt that, but okay. Like I said, no one knows for sure what will happen.

In my opinion It wont take much for Haley to be better than Edwards. But it will take a very very good 1st season for McDaniels to be an upgrade over Shanahan.

ZachKC
02-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Faulk, Vrabel and Brown are probably the only guys I'd personally term with "versatile"

All of that info and you pull that out? Head in the sand.

TheReverend
02-06-2009, 12:20 PM
All of that info and you pull that out? Head in the sand.

Listen, we'll see.

I'm not saying I'm 100% right, I'm saying I don't think Pioli deserves much credit for NE.

We'll get to find out soon enough since he's become the messiah of Kansas City.

ZachKC
02-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Listen, we'll see.

I'm not saying I'm 100% right, I'm saying I don't think Pioli deserves much credit for NE.

We'll get to find out soon enough since he's become the messiah of Kansas City.

What more could the guy have done? Multiple Superbowl over a span with a team he basically rebuilt. The numbers of players used in the span of a season and low amount of players that were used from one world title to the next is amazing. I am not calling him the messiah of KC. I will let you flail around in hyperbole.

I am just curious as to what more he could of done.

The NFL doesn't work in a vacuum. Should he have done it without a head coach coaching the team? This is classic Reverend. You go out of your way to rationalize things.

theAPAOps5
02-06-2009, 12:31 PM
So you feel that McDaniels is more of an upgrade over Shanny, than Haley is over Edwards? I doubt that, but okay. Like I said, no one knows for sure what will happen.

In my opinion It wont take much for Haley to be better than Edwards. But it will take a very very good 1st season for McDaniels to be an upgrade over Shanahan.

Of course McD isn't an upgrade over Shanny the offensive coach. So I conceed your point there. But the problem was on defense and selection of Defensive players. Thats where there is an upgrade, but thats my opinion just like yours.

TheReverend
02-06-2009, 12:33 PM
What more could the guy have done? Multiple Superbowl over a span with a team he basically rebuilt. The numbers of players used in the span of a season and low amount of players that were used from one world title to the next is amazing. I am not calling him the messiah of KC. I will let you flail around in hyperbole.

I am just curious as to what more he could of done.

The NFL doesn't work in a vacuum. Should he have done it without a head coach coaching the team? This is classic Reverend. You go out of your way to rationalize things.

Not really. You need to understand that I really don't care enough about KC one way or the other. I like Todd Haley, so I hope he's successful, but I genuinely think Pioli's success was significantly more attributable to coaching and blind ass luck than anything he did.

You could even make a resources argument that any team with HoF coaches that drafts a HoF in the 6th round will be put over the top to multiple superbowls. Two instances, 5 trophies.

But seriously, good luck with Pioli, and we'll have the sample size we need soon enough. I still personally think he got a lot of credit for a throw away sixth round pick that the QB coach flipped a coin on between Tim Rattay and... Tom Brady.

gyldenlove
02-06-2009, 12:35 PM

Piolo - How much of what went in New England was due to Pioli? I still have the feeling that a lot of that was Belichik.

Gailey - Neatly forgetting the 0-10 Brodie Croyle, the offensive line that has gone from a brick wall to a banana peel, the fall of Larry Johnson

Haley - So getting a 2 times league MVP and one time super bowl MVP who holds the record for most passing yards in a super bowl to play well is really hard when you have the best WR duo in the game? You do know that Arizona was 3-7 vs the NFL last year? they only got to .500 by beating up on the NFC West.

ZachKC
02-06-2009, 12:40 PM
No coach is good until they win the Superbowl with **** players.

There it is out there. The standard is set.

cutthemdown
02-06-2009, 12:41 PM

I think we just feel it won't matter what KC does. They are cheap and no one wants to play there. They will struggle IMO against the Broncos when it comes to luring FA.

ZachKC
02-06-2009, 12:43 PM
I love the folks in this thread making these coach and GM \ player connections...trying to knock them down a peg and then turning around talking about Shannahan's great career with the Elway factor.

tsiguy96
02-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Of course McD isn't an upgrade over Shanny the offensive coach. So I conceed your point there. But the problem was on defense and selection of Defensive players. Thats where there is an upgrade, but thats my opinion just like yours.

never say never, he led a great offense (i dont think any OCs from the patriots hvae moved on yet...) for 2 years in a row. he may very well be an upgrade, considering shanny was copying his system.

bowtown
02-06-2009, 12:54 PM
No coach is good until they win the Superbowl with **** players.

There it is out there. The standard is set.

Are you being sarcastic here? I can't tell because you say a lot of dumb things, but if this isn't sarcastic then it certainly ranks right up there as one of the dumbest.

24champ
02-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Are you being sarcastic here? I can't tell because you say a lot of dumb things, but if this isn't sarcastic then it certainly ranks right up there as one of the dumbest.

He's just trolling around...as usual.

rad
02-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I think we just feel it won't matter what KC does. They are cheap and no one wants to play there. They will struggle IMO against the Broncos when it comes to luring FA.

Not anymore. You realize what's going on, right?

KCStud
02-06-2009, 02:58 PM
You don't know what "proven" means. None of them are proven. Pioli could be a product of the New England system. Haley could be a product of two really talented receivers and Ken Wisenhunt's system. None of them have held the jobs they hold now before. We don't know what any promoted GM or coach is going to be like until he has a go at the job for awhile.

So I'm guessing that it was just a coincidence that.

A. Kurt Warner sucked after the stint with the Rams, but when Haley came to the Cards he was good again.

B. Kordell Stewart looking good because of the plays that were called and the strategy the offense had to fit the strength of the players.

C. KC moving to the spread to fit the strengths of Thigpen and having success.

D. Pioli, the vice president of player personnel when the Patriots had great drafts and FA periods.

Oh and I'd really like to hear how KC moving to the spread making Thigpen look good was not from Gailey. We all know Hermit didn't think of it Kaylore

ZachKC
02-06-2009, 03:00 PM
I love the folks in this thread making these coach and GM \ player connections...trying to knock them down a peg and then turning around talking about Shannahan's great career with the Elway factor.

Everyone kind of ran away when this one was dropped. Ha!

http://dontsqueezethejj.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/csp_hydrogen-bomb.jpg

cutthemdown
02-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Who cares we just didn't want Shannahan going to queefies. We could care less about this dude getting the job.

24champ
02-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Must be offseason...everything is hunky doory in KC land.:giggle:

peacepipe
02-06-2009, 04:19 PM
I may be off base here but after watching the news conferance for Haley,he sounds/looks like the guy in the movie Critters. he was the best freind to the kid in the movie. Anyone old enough to remember who i'm talking about?

UberBroncoMan
02-06-2009, 04:41 PM
if the standings are something like this, i'm good with that.

Broncos 16-0
Chiefs 4-12
Raiders 4-12
Chargers 4-12

I honestly believe it's going to eventually be

Broncos
Chiefs
Chargers
Raiders

or what you have...

The Chargers have been in their rare "super talented super bowl team" makeup for a little bit now and have constantly failed. Eventually they will fade away again.

The Chiefs have a young team and a lot to build around. I see them kind of like the Broncos, only without a franchise QB or the O-Line we've got.

The Raiders... what a mess. They have some talent, but their financial situations and Al Davis are what keeps this organization at the bottom.

broncosteven
02-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Maybe someone should pay Chris Collinsworth. He said Haley was KC's next coach 3 weeks ago

But KFC Nation has WPI!

LOL!

broncosteven
02-06-2009, 06:18 PM

Crazy is right.

Herm set the bar pretty low at 2-14.

MickyD's 1st year will be harder to match or better Shanny with the schedule we have.

Simply Red
02-06-2009, 09:05 PM

:rofl:

Simply Red
02-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Everyone kind of ran away when this one was dropped. Ha!

http://dontsqueezethejj.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/csp_hydrogen-bomb.jpg

Wow, did you go to Blue Springs High School, by chance?

Simply Red
02-06-2009, 09:13 PM
In all honesty, I'm just not sure about the hire, yet. I'm thinking it'll be an extreme success or a utter failure. I'm not thinking he'll just be average/acceptable.

Time will tell, I suppose, as for now, I'm fairly emotionless the hire.

Simply Red
02-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Actually, I wanted Shanny, but, oh well.

ZachKC
02-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Actually, I wanted Shanny, but, oh well.

No biggie. It isn't like Elway was coming with him or anything.

SouthStndJunkie
02-06-2009, 10:08 PM
I thought Todd Haley looked/sounded like a douchebag in his press conference today.

5-11

6-10

6-10

Next!

Titts Pioli obviously wanted McDaniels and had to settle for table scraps instead.

ZachKC
02-07-2009, 12:55 AM
I thought Todd Haley looked/sounded like a douchebag in his press conference today.

5-11

6-10

6-10

Next!

Titts Pioli obviously wanted McDaniels and had to settle for table scraps instead.

Yes. It is so obvious isn't it.

crazyhorse
02-07-2009, 04:31 AM
Huh?

This is turning into a never done **** as head coach 1st time head coach is better than your never done **** as head coach 1st time head coach thread.

Whoda thunkit?

azbroncfan
02-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Huh?

This is turning into a never done **** as head coach 1st time head coach is better than your never done **** as head coach 1st time head coach thread.

Whoda thunkit?

Exactly and niether one will do sh#t unless they get some good players. System that they will run will only work if they get good players and talent. Good players=Great coach, Great coach and sh#t talent=sh@t coach and fired after a couple years.