PDA

View Full Version : I just don't get it...

iforgotmypassword
02-05-2009, 10:45 AM
with Haynesworth, Peppers, Suggs, Oj anamananaototaowia nobody thinks we need to pick up a stud.....it's all this oh well we need more then one player stuff.... a stud is exactly what we need, sure we need help all over but A STUD IS HELP ALL OVER Drey Bly is instant better with a Peppers or Suggs, the Safetys are better, DJ is instantly better with a good D-line.... it's just a ripple effect before we can build a D we need a fondation, get one stud, one starter, then draft the lights out on D

one stud is feaseable, let's do it, and I vote in the front seven

peacepipe
02-05-2009, 10:49 AM
We need to pick up a stud,but some think that the money to be spent getting these players is their money. great players are not cheap. we can be cheap & be a 8-8 team or the "Broncos" can spend the money on players that can make the differance.

crush17
02-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Stop saying stud!

Smiling Assassin27
02-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Stop saying stud!

the proper term is 'alpha male'...get it right.

SportinOne
02-05-2009, 12:42 PM
elite defensive lineman: we need at least one. that is all i know for sure...

Broncomutt
02-05-2009, 12:51 PM
IMO we don't need studs.

We need thugs.

Killericon
02-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Stop saying stud!

Hey, the guy needs a stud. Cut him some slack.

BroncoMan4ever
02-05-2009, 01:15 PM
i agree we need a top flight FA. but i just don't like the idea of spending most of our cap room on 1 guy. i would rather get a few solid starters for the same price as it would be to sign a Haynesworth, Peppers, or Suggs.

tsiguy96
02-05-2009, 01:26 PM
i agree we need a top flight FA. but i just don't like the idea of spending most of our cap room on 1 guy. i would rather get a few solid starters for the same price as it would be to sign a Haynesworth, Peppers, or Suggs.

weve been getting a "few solid starters" for years now and it doesnt help. need a playmaker, and drafting a great dlineman is damn near impossible for us.

Peoples Champ
02-05-2009, 01:27 PM
My Vote is Julious Peppers. I know he has been seen at Nuggest games in the last year.

BroncoFiend
02-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Everything I hear about both Haynesworth and Peppers is that they are contract players that will have a hard time getting motivated once they land thier big money deal. That is the biggest concern for me. I'd love to get Suggs but he said he wants to stay with the Ravens.

Not sure about the other guys, but if the person being signed is taken into consideration rather than just the player seen on the field this past year, I would be a lot more comfortable with the decision.

BroncoMan4ever
02-05-2009, 02:48 PM
weve been getting a "few solid starters" for years now and it doesnt help. need a playmaker, and drafting a great dlineman is damn near impossible for us.

we have been getting bargain bin washed up guys or guys that Mike thought could be stars. Niko, Boss, McCree, Manuel are the types of guys we have been bringing in.

McDaniels learned in NE, and as much as i hate NE they have a history of in basically the last decade, they bring in quality guys without having to break the bank on big named guys. That is what i want in Denver. no contracts with 30-40million guaranteed on 1 guy, when we can go after good, strong, good character, high energy guys. give me a team full of guys like Woodyard or Larsen, not superstars but guys who go all out, over a team with 1 superstar.

oubronco
02-05-2009, 03:13 PM
elite defensive lineman: we need at least one. that is all i know for sure...

2 would be a whole lot better :approve:

chaz
02-05-2009, 03:32 PM
playmakers are what separate the best from the rest in the NFL, however the supporting players need to be solid or they'll be exposed ESPECIALLY ON DEFENSE...this is a league where defense is very disadvantaged already.

Long story short, we definitely could use a big name signing but we still won't come out on top until the supporting cast is solid at every spot. Not pro bowlers, but solid. That is when the superstar puts a team over the top.

EDIT:I agree with peacepipe as to the confusion regarding spending...people act like its their own money. I think Bowlen is going to give his new coach every chance to succeed.

chaz
02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
My Vote is Julious Peppers. I know he has been seen at Nuggest games in the last year.

This gets me pretty jacked up...but what are the odds we win the bidding war? I would imagine 5-10 teams would be seriously interested...