PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs Next Year

Doggcow
02-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Callin it now.

Even with all the changes, our team is young and not set in their ways yet. I see our offense becoming one of the premier shows in the league, and our defense will be leaps and bounds better.

Not to mention SD is just getting worse.

Flex Gunmetal
02-05-2009, 11:13 AM
I've got the Reds in the superbowl.

Hotrod
02-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Unless our schedule is much easier then it appears today then sorry No playoffs for you.

iforgotmypassword
02-05-2009, 11:26 AM
**** we had it this year with 18 million injuries... can't see us loosin any important factors off of last years team, plus whatever we add... i'd say we SHOULD be there

worm
02-05-2009, 11:32 AM
I am optimistic.

All you have to do is win the division and the AFC West is craptastic.

BroncsRule
02-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Look. At. The. Schedule.

Entirely new schemes and terminology on both sides of the ball..

Same basic cast of miss fits and under performers (on D) -

And the most brutal schedule in at least 20 years.

5-11 is a very real possibility.

Kaylore
02-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Schedules are often different in season than they looked six months before. That said, even I have trouble seeing all the "hard" teams going south that dramatically. Nor do I see us getting that good in one season, particularly on defense. We have a draft, free agency and pre-season before we can even begin to try and predict how this or any team is going to look anyway.

bronco militia
02-05-2009, 11:39 AM
don't worry about the schedule.....

that will work out to the Broncos advantage

Doggcow
02-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Look. At. The. Schedule.

5-11 is a very real possibility.

5-11 is guaranteed better than 2 of the teams in our division. Plus our Defense lacks talent, but with a decent scheme they will be INSANELY better, I'd take the over on 2 turnovers this season, thats how confidant I am they will be stellar compared to last year.

Doggcow
02-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Schedules are often different in season than they looked six months before. That said, even I have trouble seeing all the "hard" teams going south that dramatically. Nor do I see us getting that good in one season, particularly on defense. We have a draft, free agency and pre-season before we can even begin to try and predict how this or any team is going to look anyway.

Yeah Schedules are never for sure. I thought the AFC South and NFC South were going to be cakewalks this year based off of last year. Saying the schedule looks hard is stupid.

TonyR
02-05-2009, 11:57 AM

I think everybody writes off SD too easily. They played well at the end of the year and were more than respectable in the playoffs. They're still significantly better than us until we prove otherwise.

NFLBRONCO
02-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Here is how I look at 09

1. If Shanny was HC I'd expect my standard 8-8
2. New coaches systems lots of new players 6 to 8 wins. I'm giving him a season because of all the changes and lack of talent.

If we do better great but, being realistic it will take some time to get better.

theAPAOps5
02-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Not next year, not with that Defense and that schedule. It will be fun to watch people melt down saying Shanny would have gotten us there.

bronco militia
02-05-2009, 12:30 PM
I expect playoffs every year...

we aint the f'n Chiefs

Gcver2ver3
02-05-2009, 12:40 PM
i agree with the thread starter...the Broncos will contend for a playoff spot...and in fact get in IMO...

5-6 wins ain't happening and the schedule doesn't scare me either...some of those teams will be as good as advertised and others won't...that's just the way it works...

Archer81
02-05-2009, 12:42 PM
I expect a SB run, its not like Shanahan left this team bereft of talent...he just chose ****ty defensive coordinators who picked crappy schemes...

:Broncos:

400HZ
02-05-2009, 12:44 PM
No Wildcards coming out of the West with the schedule the way it is, and the Chargers still own the Broncos.

snowspot66
02-05-2009, 12:45 PM
The Chargers have to play the same schedule. It's a real bitch of a schedule to start out with their usual flat ass play the first half of the year. If they continue their suspect drafting and Norvification it's ours to lose again.

BroncsRule
02-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah Schedules are never for sure. I thought the AFC South and NFC South were going to be cakewalks this year based off of last year. Saying the schedule looks hard is stupid.

Sure, I get that. At this time last year, looking ahead to our '08 schedule, it seemed obvious that our toughest games would be against SD and NE. Games against CLE, JAX and NO were gonna be tough as well, teams like CAR and BUF were probably not gonna be all that, while teams like Altanta and Miami could logically be projected as automatic road kill.

And none of that played out as expected.

BUT..

Denver Broncos 2009 opponents:

Home:

Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Oakland Raiders
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
New England Patriots
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants

Away:

Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Oakland Raiders
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Indianapolis Colts
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

Now, MAYBE we can come close to holing court in our own sorry a$$ division.. Maybe. But, the AFCW being what it is, we more likely blow one to either the Raid or Chefs, and split with SD.

And we can probably beat the Bengals and Browns. Or maybe we only split. The Skins game is winnable. But the Steelers, Pats, 'Boys, Giants, Ravens, Colts and Eagles are all gonna be real tough.

Add it all up, and 7-9 is optimistic, 6-10 likely, 5-11 or worse a distinct possibility.

Archer81
02-05-2009, 12:51 PM
No Wildcards coming out of the West with the schedule the way it is, and the Chargers still own the Broncos.

We'll see. I would be more concerned with why your team went from 14-2 to 8-8 in 3 seasons without major talent losses...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-05-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm very hopeful that with a new coach and new scheme, plus limited injuries, we can jump the playoffs with a 10-6 mark and surprise some folks once we get in.

Plus, I put some money down on the Broncos winning the Super Bowl. So here's hopin'!

Doggcow
02-05-2009, 01:54 PM

Ill take that bet right now. $20, we beat you out for the division.

no-pseudo-fan
02-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I'll tell you what. It is impossible to figure how anyone is going to do at this point. Lots of things happen. Even if a team looks hard now, what if they have a huge injury before we play them? What if the weather doesn't favor there brand of football? What if they play us after a long road game? You never know what could happen. Atlanta got better quickly, Baltimore bounced back from a down year, and Miami looked like a different team.

BroncoMan4ever
02-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Callin it now.

Even with all the changes, our team is young and not set in their ways yet. I see our offense becoming one of the premier shows in the league, and our defense will be leaps and bounds better.

agreed. as long as we get a RB to take pressure off of Jay we will have one of the best offenses in the league.

400HZ
02-05-2009, 02:25 PM
We'll see. I would be more concerned with why your team went from 14-2 to 8-8 in 3 seasons without major talent losses...

Nobody stays at 14-2. And 8-8 was with every bounce in the world going the other team's way until the end of the year. The proof was in the pudding when your team lost by 30 points week 17. Plus we get Merriman back. :)

Inkana7
02-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Merriman won't be anywhere near what he was. He sucked without the roids and he'll suck more without a knee.

JJJ
02-05-2009, 04:07 PM
7-9 wins the division.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Nobody stays at 14-2. And 8-8 was with every bounce in the world going the other team's way until the end of the year. The proof was in the pudding when your team lost by 30 points week 17. Plus we get Merriman back. :)

Yes, that was quite the pudding. Except we had 7 running backs on IR. Oh, and our defense was ****ing atrocious. But yes, that pudding was really something.

Gimme a break.

Oh, and Merriman being back is no guarantee. Did you know that steroid use can lead to degenerative conditions in the knees... just like the one that knocked him out for last season? Rut-roe.

chaz
02-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I think .500 for McDaniels first year would be a moderate success...new systems, terminology, personnel, etc will take at least a year to gel and mature. Then I think McD's 2nd-3rd years we'll be a real factor. I can be patient, but I'm excited to see the Broncos back in the spotlight soon!

loborugger
02-05-2009, 06:31 PM
It had to be done...

http://www.empiresupportersclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/jimmora.jpg

Man, I dont know about calling the playoffs this coming season. New everything could be successful, it could also be very mediocre. Thank God we play in a div against 2 chump teams and another team that doesnt get serious about the season until Thanksgiving.

Los Broncos
02-05-2009, 08:32 PM
It will take some time to adjust with a new coach and scheme, don't see us going next season.

DBroncos4life
02-05-2009, 08:39 PM
I think we will. Turn arounds don't take as long as you think. Two key players is all it really took to turn the Falcons around and if the Fing Phins can go from **** to the playoffs then there is hope for us.

2KBack
02-05-2009, 09:18 PM
I actually think it is quite simple. I think McDaniels is going to improve the offense at least slightly, and Nolan is going to improve the defense a lot.

If Denver even had an average defense last year, do people think they make the playoffs? Yessir.

SoDak Bronco
02-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Clady is going to stone slap merriman back to maryland

strafen
02-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Look. At. The. Schedule.

5-11 is a very real possibility.and 6-9 can actually win the division ROFL!
Seriously though, KC, SD, Oak, all have similar schedules. They're all playing the NFC East and the AFC North

strafen
02-05-2009, 09:27 PM
As it stands right now, we have a chance to make the play-offs as much as any other team in the AFC West. What I want to see is the FA signings, and the draft
That will tell me our chances of making the play-offs. All we have to do is beat SD twice next year, and we'll be in...
SD is not going anywhere, and this new rivalry is here to stay and just gotten started. So, it will be fun with this group of players we've got to see them develop into something special into the next few years

400HZ
02-05-2009, 10:01 PM
I actually think it is quite simple. I think McDaniels is going to improve the offense at least slightly, and Nolan is going to improve the defense a lot.

If Denver even had an average defense last year, do people think they make the playoffs? Yessir.

A lot of you seem to think that your offense was something epic last year, but 16th in the NFL is points scored says otherwise. Nolan's defense wasn't good in SF until he left and Singletary started showing players his ass during halftime. He had success in Baltimore, but so has every other defensive coordinator who has coached that bunch.

strafen
02-05-2009, 10:21 PM
A lot of you seem to think that your offense was something epic last year, but 16th in the NFL is points scored says otherwise. Nolan's defense wasn't good in SF until he left and Singletary started showing players his ass during halftime. He had success in Baltimore, but so has every other defensive coordinator who has coached that bunch.
Dude, this is hilarious >>> Adopt-a-Bronco: Ed Hochuli

Red Sox in 4!

chaz
02-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Clady is going to stone slap merriman back to maryland

valid prediction:thumbsup: