PDA

View Full Version : Turbotax 2009 discounts?

OOJack
02-04-2009, 04:43 PM
If you need more than the Free version (ie Deluxe, Premier, etc.) I've found 25% off Federal and State at http://www.statefarm.com/landing/tax.asp. And 30% off of Federal only from http://turbotax.intuit.com/microsite/home.jsp?priorityCode=3468339950&cid=all_wachov_aff_3468339950&_requestid=58530.

I've seen better deals in the past. Does anyone know of better discounts for Turbotax 2009?

I prefer TurboTax online since it imports all my previous year information and stores all my tax returns, so the other free tax products will not work for me.

Thanks in advance!

dbfan4life
02-04-2009, 05:13 PM
If anyone has a State Farm product, you can use the Deluxe edition for free.

OOJack
02-04-2009, 05:15 PM
If anyone has a State Farm product, you can use the Deluxe edition for free.

I think you have to have a Bank account, right? I have State Farm insurance and am not seeing the link for that?!?

Memento
02-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Ask Tim Geithner where he got his.

dbfan4life
02-04-2009, 08:43 PM
I think you have to have a Bank account, right? I have State Farm insurance and am not seeing the link for that?!?

You have to register @ statefarm.com first. Once you log in, the link is on the right, I think.

OOJack
02-04-2009, 08:48 PM
You have to register @ statefarm.com first. Once you log in, the link is on the right, I think.

I know thats how it was last year, but I don't see a link as a site registered insurance holder this year. The link I sent above says you need to be a bank account holder to get the free Deluxe.

dbfan4life
02-04-2009, 09:41 PM
I know thats how it was last year, but I don't see a link as a site registered insurance holder this year. The link I sent above says you need to be a bank account holder to get the free Deluxe.

At 2nd glance, you might be right. I forgot I had a couple State Farm Bank credit cards. When you log in, does it have the 'File my taxes for free' link?

OOJack
02-04-2009, 10:25 PM
At 2nd glance, you might be right. I forgot I had a couple State Farm Bank credit cards. When you log in, does it have the 'File my taxes for free' link?

Doesn't seem to be. Sucks, cause last year, it was free for any type of account...

dbfan4life
02-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Doesn't seem to be. Sucks, cause last year, it was free for any type of account...

True. You know what? I work for an agent, I'll lodge a complaint with him in the morning! 8')

TheReverend
02-05-2009, 05:00 AM
Actually, in that same vein, a virus on my computer at home made me reset the damn thing and I lost last years tax return, which I wisely never made a print out of, and I had a **** ton of losses to carry forward to this year... anyone have a clue on how to retrieve them?

rugbythug
02-05-2009, 07:26 AM
Actually, in that same vein, a virus on my computer at home made me reset the damn thing and I lost last years tax return, which I wisely never made a print out of, and I had a **** ton of losses to carry forward to this year... anyone have a clue on how to retrieve them?

Reset-means reinstall I am assuming right? You could get one of those services that resurrect data from dead hard drives. I had to do that for one. The service said it would cost 1100.00. I told them I only had 500 and they said we will take it. Got everything back. Pictures, tax data everything.

TheReverend
02-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Reset-means reinstall I am assuming right? You could get one of those services that resurrect data from dead hard drives. I had to do that for one. The service said it would cost 1100.00. I told them I only had 500 and they said we will take it. Got everything back. Pictures, tax data everything.

Hmmm... thanks but I'll just put the effort into recalculating capital gains losses and such.