PDA

View Full Version : General Baseball Thread 2009

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

DBroncos4life
05-19-2009, 07:23 PM
I think the Tigers stole starting pitcher Edwin Jackson from Tampa Bay when they traded for him and gave up Matt Joyce, who is currently in the minors.

Edwin Jackson is 3-2 with a 2.42 ERA in 8 starts this year with an 11/41 BB/K ratio.

He is still young at 25 years old.

I loved Jackson I thought the world of him when he was in LA.

SouthStndJunkie
05-19-2009, 07:27 PM
I loved Jackson I thought the world of him when he was in LA.

He is very talented....he can be as good as he wants to be....it looks like he may be putting it together this year.

DBroncos4life
05-19-2009, 07:29 PM
He is very talented....he can be as good as he wants to be....it looks like he may be putting it together this year.

Dodgers held on to him as long as they could but he just didn't ever seem to want to turn the corner.

SouthStndJunkie
05-19-2009, 07:32 PM
The Tigers one-hit the Rangers tonight and won 4-0.

This was the first victory for Dontrelle Willis since September 25, 2007.

Dontrelle has really struggled the last few years and this was a huge win for his confidence....his problems have mostly been between his ears.

Dontrelle's line tonight: 6.1 innings 1 hit 0 ER 2 BB 5 Ks.

100 pitches....62 for strikes.

A feel good win for the Tigers tonight.

21-16 and in first place.

SouthStndJunkie
05-20-2009, 02:55 AM
I'm so proud right now. 5-0, 0.5 ERA. He'll cool off, but he has served notice that he will be one of the young pitching stars in this league for a while.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2009/0504_large.jpg

Kid A....you had to like the comeback for your Royals tonight.

4 runs in the bottom of the 9th to come back and beat the Tribe.

SouthStndJunkie
05-20-2009, 02:57 AM
I would love to see your Royals battle it out with my Tigers all year for first place in the AL Central.

F the White Sux, Tribe, and Twinkies.

TheChamp24
05-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Props to Todd Helton for getting the 2,000th hit of his career.

Great hitter, who I honestly think got his big power numbers from some performance enhancing drugs because he was a monster hitter than all of a sudden became a great hitter ala Tony Gwynn.

SouthStndJunkie
05-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Great hitter, who I honestly think got his big power numbers from some performance enhancing drugs because he was a monster hitter than all of a sudden became a great hitter ala Tony Gwynn.

I agree....he went from mashing 30 to 49 HRs a year to hitting 15 to 17 a year.

Helton is still a heck of a hitter without the help, but he was probably juicing along with most everyone else.

Kid A
05-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Kid A....you had to like the comeback for your Royals tonight.

4 runs in the bottom of the 9th to come back and beat the Tribe.

That was crazy. I was flipping between the Nuggs game and that until Jacobs and Tehan went back to back. Our offense is so anemic lately, but we do finally have a few power hitters, albeit wildly inconsistent ones.

Should be a fun series here in a couple weeks between the Tigers and Royals. I just want to be in the hunt for the division at the end of the season. In 03 we were great up until the All-Star break, and faded. I think this team is a much more legitimately talented team than that one, but we'll still need to get on some hot streaks to have a shot.

Natedog24
05-20-2009, 11:42 PM
So far so good Dodger fans :)

Its only May 20th but damn this is a fun team to watch, with or without Manny. Still plenty of time for things to go south but Joe Torre has done an incredible job of managing this team thus far and keeping them on track despite the whole Manny thing.

Go Blue!

Orange Blood
05-21-2009, 02:40 AM
Dodgers held on to him as long as they could but he just didn't ever seem to want to turn the corner.

That's horse****.

He was called up at age 19. The Dodgers dealt him at 22.

Held on to him as long as they could MY ASS! It's unreasonable to expect a 22-year-old to turn the corner and finally get it at that age.

80smith
05-21-2009, 12:01 PM
I would love to see your Royals battle it out with my Tigers all year for first place in the AL Central.

Tigers do not scare me. Its the Royals that I worry about. But if the rumors are correct and the 2005 world series champs get Peavy.... Yeah! :yayaya:

Hogan11
05-21-2009, 12:08 PM

The Pirates have won five straight after a truly miserable losing streak and take on the White Sox next.....so maybe my boys will be able to help you out some and keep the Sox around the bottom of the division, Peavy or no Peavy.

SouthStndJunkie
05-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Tigers do not scare me. Its the Royals that I worry about. But if the rumors are correct and the 2005 world series champs get Peavy.... Yeah! :yayaya:

Good....I hope everyone keeps looking past and underestimating the Tigers this year.

SouthStndJunkie
05-21-2009, 12:45 PM
The Pirates have won five straight after a truly miserable losing streak and take on the White Sox next.....so maybe my boys will be able to help you out some and keep the Sox around the bottom of the division, Peavy or no Peavy.

That would be nice....hope they put a whooping on them.

80smith
05-21-2009, 01:03 PM

Cant say much to this since its 9 - 0 Twins.....................

Hogan11
05-21-2009, 01:27 PM

Well, the only reason why I kinda like going up against the White Sox is that at least one game is guarenteed to be aired on WGN and with them facing the Cubs after that, I may get a few Pirate games on TV for a change. A rare treat for the out of market Bucs fan.

SouthStndJunkie
05-21-2009, 01:52 PM
That's horse****.

He was called up at age 19. The Dodgers dealt him at 22.

Held on to him as long as they could MY ASS! It's unreasonable to expect a 22-year-old to turn the corner and finally get it at that age.

Edwin Jackson with another solid outing today, as the Tiger sweep the Rangers. 6 straight wins for the Tigers.

Edwin Jackson goes to 4-2 on the year with 8 innings of solid work.

ERA is 2.55 on the year. He struck out 7 today....but he also walked 5.

SouthStndJunkie
05-21-2009, 02:29 PM

It is now 20-0 Twins.....bwahaha

Touchdown Vikings....extra point pending.

80smith
05-21-2009, 03:59 PM

It's going to be a long season for us Sox fans.......

80smith
05-21-2009, 04:00 PM

But Sox still took the series 2-1. (Thinking positive here....:pray:)

TheChamp24
05-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Edwin Jackson with another solid outing today, as the Tiger sweep the Rangers. 6 straight wins for the Tigers.

Edwin Jackson goes to 4-2 on the year with 8 innings of solid work.

ERA is 2.55 on the year. He struck out 7 today....but he also walked 5.

Yeah, Mike Hampton started out one year 9-2 with a sub 3 ERA for the Rockies.

80smith
05-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Well, the only reason why I kinda like going up against the White Sox is that at least one game is guarenteed to be aired on WGN and with them facing the Cubs after that, I may get a few Pirate games on TV for a change. A rare treat for the out of market Bucs fan.

Have you thought about getting the MLB.TV? I had it last year and liked it. I did not get it this year cause I knew the Sox were going to be bad this year.

SouthStndJunkie
05-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Yeah, Mike Hampton started out one year 9-2 with a sub 3 ERA for the Rockies.

Quit pissing on my parade.

Of course Edwin Jackson could **** the bed, but I am encouraged from what I have seen so far.

BTW....the Rox come to town for a series with the Tigers starting on Friday.

Hogan11
05-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Have you thought about getting the MLB.TV? I had it last year and liked it. I did not get it this year cause I knew the Sox were going to be bad this year.

The MLB Network you mean? This is my first year of having it, but it appears 90% of the focus is on the usual large market clubs. Doing a subscription makes no sense really since I work evenings and would miss the majority of the games anyways

SouthStndJunkie
05-21-2009, 05:22 PM
The agent for San Diego Padres pitcher Jake Peavy expressed doubt early Thursday that his client would sign off on a proposed trade to the Chicago White Sox.

By Thursday evening Peavy had nixed the trade, the Chicago Sun Times and Chicago Tribune reported.

Kid A
05-21-2009, 05:57 PM
The agent for San Diego Padres pitcher Jake Peavy expressed doubt early Thursday that his client would sign off on a proposed trade to the Chicago White Sox.

By Thursday evening Peavy had nixed the trade, the Chicago Sun Times and Chicago Tribune reported.

He must have seen their game today ROFL!.

Your Tigers have a three game lead now after sweeping Texas. The rest of the division is certainly headed the right direction for you. Royals wasted two solid starts from Meche and Greinke with their godawful defense and relief pitching this week. Need to get it together against the Cards this weekend.

80smith
05-21-2009, 06:52 PM
He must have seen their game today ROFL!.

Your Tigers have a three game lead now after sweeping Texas. The rest of the division is certainly headed the right direction for you. Royals wasted two solid starts from Meche and Greinke with their godawful defense and relief pitching this week. Need to get it together against the Cards this weekend.

My thoughts exactly! :rofl:

Natedog24
05-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Quit pissing on my parade.

Of course Edwin Jackson could **** the bed, but I am encouraged from what I have seen so far.

BTW....the Rox come to town for a series with the Tigers starting on Friday.

Now that Edwin has figured it out, with the stuff he has, I'll be surprised if he flames out again.

lex
05-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Wow, Jim Hendry got rid of a lot of guys this past year and didnt really seem to get anything for it. I guess when the Peavy trade fell through, he had committed to the idea of trading guys. And now they suck. Meanwhile, I dont know why the Cubs hold on to D Lee. Not enough offense from a 1B playing half his games at Wrigley Field. Now that Aramis is hurt, he is being exposed as the paper tiger he is. BTW, Ive said this before and it seems like when I call him out, he plays well--for one game.

SouthStndJunkie
05-22-2009, 12:18 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4194848

Padres deal Gerut for Gwynn Jr.

Tony Gwynn's son is going to get the chance to wear a San Diego Padres uniform just like his Hall of Fame father.

The Padres acquired outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr. from the Milwaukee Brewers on Thursday in exchange for outfielder Jody Gerut.

Gwynn Jr. got the news of the trade in a call from his father, who played for the Padres for 20 seasons and is now San Diego State's baseball coach.

The younger Gwynn played parts of three seasons in the majors. The Padres said he will be in uniform for Thursday night's game against San Francisco and will wear No. 18. His father's No. 19 has been retired.

Gwynn Jr., 26, is hitting .309 for the Brewers' Triple-A affiliate in Nashville. In 2007, he helped to keep the Padres out of the playoffs with a game-tying triple off then-San Diego closer Trevor Hoffman that tied a game in which the the Brewers eventually won. Hoffman now pitches for the Brewers.

Gerut, 31, is batting .227 with four home runs and 14 RBIs. He enjoyed a fine 2008 season, hitting .296 with 14 home runs and 43 RBIs in 328 at-bats.

Hogan11
05-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Jody Gerut is a total waste of space.

Can the Duke take out the pale hosers tonight? Hmmmm

Hogan11
05-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Evidently not, I hate interleague play :(

SouthStndJunkie
05-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Tigers beat the Rox 4-3.

20 year old Rick Porcello gets the win and goes to 5-3 on the year.

7th win in a row for the Tigers.

Paladin
05-22-2009, 10:42 PM
When Hurdle leaves, will Don Baylor be the interim manager? I said WHEN not IF.

Can we hope that the Monforts will sell the club?

SouthStndJunkie
05-23-2009, 11:09 PM
The Rox beat the Tigers today 4-3.

Helton went yard....he is off to a nice start this season....batting .340 with 6 HRs and 29 RBIs.

SouthStndJunkie
05-24-2009, 01:51 AM
Jason Giambi hit his 400th career home run tonight against Arizona.

slyinky
05-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Wow, Joe Mauer is tearing it up. He hit his 9th HR equaling last years total and he missed all of April. In 21 games he is hitting .429 with 9 HR 28 RBI and an .844 slugging percentage.

SouthStndJunkie
05-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Wow, Joe Mauer is tearing it up. He hit his 9th HR equaling last years total and he missed all of April. In 21 games he is hitting .429 with 9 HR 28 RBI and an .844 slugging percentage.

Yep....he is really mashing right now.

SouthStndJunkie
05-24-2009, 12:34 PM
I have been impressed with Rox CF Dexter Fowler from the 3 games I have watched him play against the Tigers.

Punisher
05-24-2009, 03:52 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJA6JZ_TKaw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJA6JZ_TKaw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Go Phills

Hogan11
05-24-2009, 10:22 PM
The Bucs never perform well in interleague play (in fact, they're the MLB worst in it), so I'm happy that they at least avoided the sweep.

80smith
05-24-2009, 10:30 PM
The Bucs never perform well in interleague play (in fact, they're the MLB worst in it), so I'm happy that they at least avoided the sweep.

Sad too see that Mark did not get the win. But...............

I hope the Bucs take out the cubs! Go Bucs!

Hogan11
05-24-2009, 10:33 PM
Sad too see that Mark did not get the win. But...............

I hope the Bucs take out the cubs! Go Bucs!

Errors killed them last night......Olhey gave up a couple of bad HR's as well.

Nevertheless, I'm glad to see them leave the south side of town. Kudos to you sir...may we never see your team again. Yikes!

Bring on the Scrubs...err Cubs I mean :D

SouthStndJunkie
05-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Justin Verlander is pitching better than anyone in baseball his last 6 starts....5-0 with a 0.85 ERA and 60 Ks.

He leads the majors in strikeouts with 85.

I was getting worried about Verlander after his stinky 2008 season.

Verlander pitched 7 more shutout innings today, as Detroit beat KC 13-1.

Detroit has a 4 game lead in the division right now.

Kid A
05-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Justin Verlander is pitching better than anyone in baseball his last 6 starts....5-0 with a 0.85 ERA and 60 Ks.

He leads the majors in strikeouts with 85.

I was getting worried about Verlander after his stinky 2008 season.

Verlander pitched 7 more shutout innings today, as Detroit beat KC 13-1.

Detroit has a 4 game lead in the division right now.

We're flirting with disaster right now. Nothing much is going right. We need a couple relievers to step up and some bats to wake up. We do have Greinke going tomorrow, but that won't mean anything if we only score one run.

And, yes, Verlander is looking really good right now.

SouthStndJunkie
05-27-2009, 12:47 AM
We're flirting with disaster right now. Nothing much is going right. We need a couple relievers to step up and some bats to wake up. We do have Greinke going tomorrow, but that won't mean anything if we only score one run.

And, yes, Verlander is looking really good right now.

Props on Greinke shutting down the Tigers....complete game, one run, and 8 Ks.

Greinke now 8-1 on the year with an 0.84 ERA.

SouthStndJunkie
05-27-2009, 02:58 PM
20 year old Rick Porcello goes to 6-3 on the year, as the Tigers beat the Royals 8-3 this afternoon.

Rick Porcello became the second pitcher (Fernando Valenzuela) in the last 50 years to win five straight starts with no more than two earned runs allowed while under the age of 21. Porcello is now 5-0 with a 1.50 ERA over his last five starts.

The Tigers take 2 out of 3 games to win the series and get the lead in the division back to 4 games.

JohnnyV
05-27-2009, 03:01 PM
20 year old Rick Porcello goes to 6-3 on the year, as the Tigers beat the Royals 8-3 this afternoon.

The Tigers take 2 out of 3 games to win the series and get the lead in the division back to 4 games.

I can only wonder if the Tigers will ever make it to the World Series again

SouthStndJunkie
05-27-2009, 04:17 PM

They went in 2006....I don't see why they can't make it again.

They keep pitching like they have so far in 2009 and they will have a chance.

SouthStndJunkie
05-27-2009, 04:19 PM
WTF has happened to Troy Tulowitzki?

I thought he was on his way to being a sure fire stud.

Kid A
05-27-2009, 05:24 PM

Well, making the playoffs is the first step, and the American Central looks like the path of least resistance right now.

SouthStndJunkie
05-27-2009, 06:57 PM
I just read where Carl Crawford is 30 for 30 in stolen bases so far this year.

That is impressive.

SouthStndJunkie
05-27-2009, 11:37 PM
SAN FRANCISCO -- Randy Johnson earned his 299th victory with six impressive innings, yielding three hits and one run in the San Francisco Giants' 6-3 win over the Atlanta Braves on Wednesday night.

Johnson (4-4) retired the Braves' first nine hitters and 15 of the first 16 in a performance reminiscent of the Big Unit in his inimitable prime, although the 45-year-old left-hander has less power and more precision these days.

The five-time Cy Young Award winner struck out five to run his career total to 4,843, second-most in baseball history. He didn't walk a batter and allowed his only run on Casey Kotchman's RBI single in the sixth, which he finished by striking out Chipper Jones for the third time.

Hogan11
05-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Well, the Bucs lost..but it was fun to see Zambrano freak out Ha!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tK0Qj0vENN0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tK0Qj0vENN0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In all fairness, even though Morgan was clearly safe, it was the ump that bumped him and not the other way around, so his meltdown was legit.

That Gatorade machine must take a helluva beating at Wrigley..both him and Dempster busted that thing up during this series.

SouthStndJunkie
05-30-2009, 02:08 AM
Daniel Schlereth, son of Stink, made his major league debut tonight with the Diamondbacks.

He pitched a flawless 5th inning in relief.

Stink was at the game and looked pretty proud.

SouthStndJunkie
05-31-2009, 02:01 PM
The Tigers shut out the Orioles 3-0 today.

Edwin Jackson was dealing again today:

8 innings 2 hits 0 ERs 1 BB 7 Ks

ERA down to 2.30 on the year.

SouthStndJunkie
06-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Ichiro has a 25 game hitting streak right now.

He is batting .352 on the season.

Hogan11
06-02-2009, 12:39 AM
Nice comeback win against the Mutts tonight

Hogan11
06-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Well, it's true. In what looks like a salary dump to the usual critics, The Pirates traded Nate McLouth to the Atlanta Braves today

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AsyfbZzv9O6jFEZAWzlvvXoRvLYF?slug=ap-braves-piratestrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

The bright side spin to all this is that McLouth is hitting under .250 thus far and was starting to make last year appear to be a fluke. Plus, he wasn't making all that much $$$ anyways. The return consists of three prospects:
OF Gorkys Hernandez (the Braves 8th best prospect)
LHP Jeff Locke (The Braves the 10th best prospect )
RHP Charlie Morton (7-2 with a 2.51 ERA and 55 strikeouts to 16 walks in AAA).

Not a bad return, plus it signals the beginning of the Andrew McCutcheon era in Pittsburgh (Fantasy guys take note while he's cheap) and Morton serves as a shot across the bow to Ian Snell (the next Buc out of town IMHO). The downside is that an already weak lineup just got that much weaker because no one expects McCutcheon to tear it up immediately.

I'll miss him, but the deal was just too good to back away from.

Hogan11
06-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Bucs sweep the Mets, Andrew McCutcheon very impressive in his debut

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2009, 04:17 PM
The Big Unit is trying for his 300th win right now.

Hogan11
06-04-2009, 04:39 PM
The Big Unit is trying for his 300th win right now.

Well, if he can't get it against the Nationals....talk about having the table set for you Hilarious!

Taco John
06-04-2009, 05:00 PM
http://mvdesign.mvcreations.com/graph_design/baseball/ichiro.jpg

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2009, 06:10 PM
WASHINGTON -- Randy Johnson had to wait a while for his shot at 300 wins. The crowd was small, and the weather was wet. His performance, however, was more than worthy of the occasion.

The Big Unit hit the big number on Thursday, becoming the 24th pitcher to reach one of baseball's most revered milestones. Johnson tossed two-hit ball over six innings, leading the San Francisco Giants to a 5-1 victory over the Washington Nationals in the first game of a doubleheader.

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Props to Randy Johnson on his 300th win....it will be a while before someone else reaches that milestone.

Sacked by Croel
06-04-2009, 06:23 PM
You're right SSJ. Looking at the active top 50, Halladay, Oswalt, Sabathia, Vazquez, Buehrle, Santana, Zambrano and Peavy are your best bets at 300 and all of them have a long way to go. I think Sabathia is probably the one who has the best chance right now.

<TABLE class=leaders_table><TBODY><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>1.</TD><TD>Tom Glavine (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/glavito02.shtml) (43)</TD><TD align=right>305</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>2.</TD><TD>Randy Johnson (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/johnsra05.shtml) (45)</TD><TD align=right>300</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>3.</TD><TD>Jamie Moyer (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/moyerja01.shtml) (46)</TD><TD align=right>250</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>4.</TD><TD>Andy Pettitte (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/pettian01.shtml) (37)</TD><TD align=right>220</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>5.</TD><TD>Pedro Martinez (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/martipe02.shtml) (37)</TD><TD align=right>214</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>6.</TD><TD>John Smoltz (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/smoltjo01.shtml) (42)</TD><TD align=right>210</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>7.</TD><TD>Tim Wakefield (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/wakefti01.shtml) (42)</TD><TD align=right>184</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>8.</TD><TD>Bartolo Colon (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/colonba01.shtml) (36)</TD><TD align=right>153</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>9.</TD><TD>Livan Hernandez (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hernali01.shtml) (34)</TD><TD align=right>151</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>10.</TD><TD>Tim Hudson (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hudsoti01.shtml) (33)</TD><TD align=right>146</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right></TD><TD>Kevin Millwood (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/millwke01.shtml) (34)</TD><TD align=right>146</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>12.</TD><TD>Mike Hampton (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hamptmi01.shtml) (36)</TD><TD align=right>144</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>13.</TD><TD>Steve Trachsel (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/trachst01.shtml) (38)</TD><TD align=right>143</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>14.</TD><TD>Roy Halladay (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hallaro01.shtml) (32)</TD><TD align=right>140</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>15.</TD><TD>Tom Gordon (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/gordoto01.shtml) (41)</TD><TD align=right>138</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>16.</TD><TD>Derek Lowe (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lowede01.shtml) (36)</TD><TD align=right>132</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>17.</TD><TD>Roy Oswalt (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/o/oswalro01.shtml) (31)</TD><TD align=right>131</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right></TD><TD>Jeff Suppan (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/suppaje01.shtml) (34)</TD><TD align=right>131</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right></TD><TD>Javier Vazquez (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/vazquja01.shtml) (32)</TD><TD align=right>131</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>20.</TD><TD>Mark Buehrle (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/buehrma01.shtml) (30)</TD><TD align=right>128</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right></TD><TD>Jason Schmidt (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/schmija01.shtml) (36)</TD><TD align=right>128</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>22.</TD><TD>Esteban Loaiza (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/loaizes01.shtml) (37)</TD><TD align=right>126</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>23.</TD><TD>Barry Zito (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/z/zitoba01.shtml) (31)</TD><TD align=right>124</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>24.</TD><TD>C.C. Sabathia (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/sabatc.01.shtml) (28)</TD><TD align=right>122</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>25.</TD><TD>Matt Morris (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/morrima01.shtml) (34)</TD><TD align=right>121</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>26.</TD><TD>Freddy Garcia (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/garcifr03.shtml) (34)</TD><TD align=right>118</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right></TD><TD>Chan Ho Park (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/parkch01.shtml) (36)</TD><TD align=right>118</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>28.</TD><TD>Johan Santana (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/santajo02.shtml) (30)</TD><TD align=right>116</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>29.</TD><TD>Russ Ortiz (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/o/ortizru01.shtml) (35)</TD><TD align=right>113</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>30.</TD><TD>Jon Garland (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/garlajo01.shtml) (29)</TD><TD align=right>110</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>31.</TD><TD>Paul Byrd (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/byrdpa01.shtml) (38)</TD><TD align=right>108</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>32.</TD><TD>Chris Carpenter (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/carpech01.shtml) (34)</TD><TD align=right>103</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right></TD><TD>Mark Mulder (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/muldema01.shtml) (31)</TD><TD align=right>103</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>34.</TD><TD>Darren Oliver (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/o/oliveda02.shtml) (38)</TD><TD align=right>102</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>35.</TD><TD>Kelvim Escobar (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/e/escobke01.shtml) (33)</TD><TD align=right>101</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffa" onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right></TD><TD>Shawn Estes (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/e/estessh01.shtml) (36)</TD><TD align=right>101</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right></TD><TD>Jarrod Washburn (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/washbja01.shtml) (34)</TD><TD align=right>101</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>38.</TD><TD>Brad Penny (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/pennybr01.shtml) (31)</TD><TD align=right>99</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right></TD><TD>Carlos Zambrano (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/z/zambrca01.shtml) (28)</TD><TD align=right>99</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>40.</TD><TD>Ted Lilly (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lillyte01.shtml) (33)</TD><TD align=right>97</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>41.</TD><TD>Jeff Weaver (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/weaveje01.shtml) (32)</TD><TD align=right>96</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>42.</TD><TD>Josh Beckett (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/beckejo02.shtml) (29)</TD><TD align=right>95</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right></TD><TD>Brett Tomko (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/tomkobr01.shtml) (36)</TD><TD align=right>95</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>44.</TD><TD>Randy Wolf (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/wolfra02.shtml) (32)</TD><TD align=right>93</TD><TD align=right>L</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>45.</TD><TD>John Lackey (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lackejo01.shtml) (30)</TD><TD align=right>92</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>46.</TD><TD>Miguel Batista (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/batismi01.shtml) (38)</TD><TD align=right>91</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right></TD><TD>A.J. Burnett (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/burnea.01.shtml) (32)</TD><TD align=right>91</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right></TD><TD>Jake Peavy (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/peavyja01.shtml) (28)</TD><TD align=right>91</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right></TD><TD>Sidney Ponson (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/ponsosi01.shtml) (32)</TD><TD align=right>91</TD><TD align=right>R</TD></TR><TR onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=right>50.</TD><TD>Eric Milton (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/miltoer01.shtml) (33)</TD><TD align=right>89</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SouthStndJunkie
06-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Jamie Moyer at 250....too old to get 50 more wins.

Andy Pettitte at 220....no way he gets 80 more wins.

Pedro Martinez at 214 and John Smoltz at 210....no chance.

Everyone else has 185 (Wakefield won his 185th game today) wins or under.

On paper, C.C. Sabathia with 122 wins at 28 years old, looks the most likely to have a chance.

But his body will probably break down before he gets close.

slyinky
06-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Jon Lester has a perfect game, along with 10 K's, through 6 innings against Texas at the moment.

Natedog24
06-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Jon Lester has a perfect game, along with 10 K's, through 6 innings against Texas at the moment.

Cool thanks for the heads up

elsid13
06-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Lester lost it on bad pitch to Young. He locked back in though. Lester is a bright rising star.

elsid13
06-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Lester was brilliant tonight. CG 1 ER, 2 hits and 11ks on 110 pitches. His first 6 inning were some of the best pitching I have every seen

slyinky
06-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Ian Stewart is en fuego. Over his last 4 games he is 10 of 17 (.588) with 4 HR's, 3 doubles, 12 RBI and a SLG% of 1.471.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/1a680759-7cd3-422f-92e5-acc435fead0b.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/8a493763-49e2-4d82-a272-4b5f0879600c.jpg

Hogan11
06-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Well Southstand...Bucs and Tigers tomorrow.

Pittsburgh usually gets destroyed in interleague play so I'm hoping for at least a split here. The pitching has been pretty good of late and keep an eye on McClutchen.

I'm not too optimistic at all, but I hope the Bucs at least show up and are game.

Paladin
06-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Pitt here soon. I will go to see them. But, frankly, Hogan, I am gonna cheer for the Rockies because they are showing some sparks lately.

8 in a row? Moving up the board a bit, eh?

Taco John
06-11-2009, 11:11 PM
The Mariners are 4.5 games out of first place, and in the hunt for a wild card spot... This is nice.

TheChamp24
06-11-2009, 11:54 PM
WTF has happened to Troy Tulowitzki?

I thought he was on his way to being a sure fire stud.

Me too, I thought he would be an absolute stud. Amazing defense, hit around .290, hit 20 homeruns, drive in 90+ and score over 100 runs every year. Part of it is because I think he overthinks and doesn't do what he does best, and take the ball to RF.

Daniel Schlereth, son of Stink, made his major league debut tonight with the Diamondbacks.

He pitched a flawless 5th inning in relief.

Stink was at the game and looked pretty proud.

Still remember that kid when I played against him. I don't think he pitched when I played him, but he played 1B. Maybe I hit against him and grounded out, I don't remember. Some of those athlete's kids can be pretty freakin cocky, but I don't think he was at that age. I know Terry Shumpert's kid was cocky and annoyed the heck out of me.

WABronco
06-12-2009, 01:26 AM
The Mariners are 4.5 games out of first place, and in the hunt for a wild card spot... This is nice.

Ya, it's nice now, but until we show some consistency I won't be able to get rid of that dark cloud-feeling everytime something goes bad. We're still pretty darn flawed, just have to hope our pitching keeps chuggin' away.

Extend Branyan, though. I imagine we will end up trading off our pieces, but it makes far more sense to retain Russ than it does to deal him for a few C-grade prospects. Nobodies going to give up a stud for a 33 year old career journeyman, but if he's found a home here I bet we could get him inked for the next 2 or 3 years. Hard to imagine him being this good, but he's always had the power. A shame it took this organization 6 or 7 years and one front office to find a viable first basemen and power threat...

Hogan11
06-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Pitt here soon. I will go to see them. But, frankly, Hogan, I am gonna cheer for the Rockies because they are showing some sparks lately.

8 in a row? Moving up the board a bit, eh?

Maybe...but that's still Jim Tracy at the helm and sooner or later, his uninterested and distant style of managing will catch up to them. He was the worst manager I ever saw whilst he was in the Burgh, totally there just picking up a paycheck. How he lasted two seasons there is still a huge mystery.

Karenin
06-12-2009, 10:17 AM
That probably had more to do with the fact that Pittsburgh had a crappy team with no talent. Tracy seems to do alright with teams that actually have good players, as most managers do.

Hogan11
06-12-2009, 02:06 PM
That probably had more to do with the fact that Pittsburgh had a crappy team with no talent. Tracy seems to do alright with teams that actually have good players, as most managers do.

Yeah yeah, I was waiting for the crappy team thing.....you just wait, this guy knows very little about talent in general. You want examples? Here's three glaring ones:

1) He believed Chris Duffy was a better player than Nate McLouth.

2) He believed Joe Randa was a better option at 3b than Freddy Sanchez.

3) He thought Ronnie Paulino was a better catcher than Ryan Doumit.

It's hard to believe an MLB manager missed that badly on three players...but Tracy has that dubious distinction.

Another thing you can look forward to is him taking too much credit when the team wins and totally blaming the players when the team loses...Like Tracy never made a managerial mistake in his entire life. Even Dodger fans will tell you about that one.

He's one of the very worst managers I've ever seen...I hope for the Rockies sake that he's smartened up some.

Karenin
06-12-2009, 02:15 PM
So far he's looked good, hasn't made too many huge mistakes which makes him look like Bobby Cox compared to Hurdle. I think that's probably why he seems like a good manager at this point, he is a refreshing change from Hurdle, who I genuinely believe was the worst manager in baseball.

Paladin
06-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Well, he's here for one year, Hogan. I actually thought that Baylor would be named the Interim with a chance to get the permanent position for a second chance.......

But what do I know about it?

Hogan11
06-12-2009, 04:57 PM
So far he's looked good, hasn't made too many huge mistakes which makes him look like Bobby Cox compared to Hurdle. I think that's probably why he seems like a good manager at this point, he is a refreshing change from Hurdle, who I genuinely believe was the worst manager in baseball.

I have a hard time thinking anyone is worse than Tracy, but we'll see.

Hogan11
06-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Well, he's here for one year, Hogan. I actually thought that Baylor would be named the Interim with a chance to get the permanent position for a second chance.......

But what do I know about it?

Maybe Baylor will get a legit shot after the season, who knows?

Ian Snell (the next candidate for the bullpen unless some club is stupid enough to trade for him) on the mound tonight, which means Detroit is already ahead before the game begins......

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Well Southstand...Bucs and Tigers tomorrow.

Pittsburgh usually gets destroyed in interleague play so I'm hoping for at least a split here. The pitching has been pretty good of late and keep an eye on McClutchen.

I'm not too optimistic at all, but I hope the Bucs at least show up and are game.

Game on right now.

Andrew McCutchen looks Ichiro fast.

Hogan11
06-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Game on right now.

Andrew McCutchen looks Ichiro fast.

He's the real deal no doubt....I hated to see Nate leave, but I understood the move. Too bad Snell has been garbage ever since signing the big contract, tonight will be the Tigers easiest game of the series.

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 05:48 PM
He's the real deal no doubt....I hated to see Nate leave, but I understood the move. Too bad Snell has been garbage ever since signing the big contract, tonight will be the Tigers easiest game of the series.

You watching the game?

Hogan11
06-12-2009, 05:51 PM
You watching the game?

MLB Gameday is the best I can do unless they play the Mets or Cubs

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 05:55 PM
MLB Gameday is the best I can do unless they play the Mets or Cubs

That sucks.

I am lucky to get Fox Sports Detroit, so I get to watch all of the Tigers games.

20 year old Rick Porcello is on the mound for Detroit tonight....and it looks like he just got out of a jam.

Pseudofool
06-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Anyone see Milton Bradley throw the ball into the stands with only two outs, today v. the Twins. Good stuff.

Hogan11
06-12-2009, 06:00 PM
That sucks.

I am lucky to get Fox Sports Detroit, so I get to watch all of the Tigers games.

20 year old Rick Porcello is on the mound for Detroit tonight....and it looks like he just got out of a jam.

Yup, Bucs needed to score there and didn't :nono:

Gameday works for me since I work evenings anyways.

I'm surprised you're catching this game with Game 7 on and all

Hogan11
06-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Anyone see Milton Bradley throw the ball into the stands with only two outs, today v. the Twins. Good stuff.

That guy has always been a psycho and a half.

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 06:01 PM

I missed that....I am sure it will be replayed many times.

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Yup, Bucs needed to score there and didn't :nono:

Gameday works for me since I work evenings anyways.

I'm surprised you're catching this game with Game 7 on and all

I have 2 TVs going right now.

Hogan11
06-12-2009, 06:03 PM
I have 2 TVs going right now.

Now that's lucky

Good luck to the Wings.

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Now that's lucky

Good luck to the Wings.

Thanks....I think they should win at home....but you never know.

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Detroit's bats have gone cold the last few weeks.

They need to start scoring some more runs....good starting pitching has been bailing out the bats.

Hogan11
06-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks....I think they should win at home....but you never know.

Hope so, can't stand the Pens.

Snell is surprising me thus far....he hasn't been his usual terrible self

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Porcello, the rookie pitcher, with Detroit's only 2 RBIs of the game so far.

The kid looks like he can swing the bat.

80smith
06-12-2009, 06:54 PM

That was funny!! :rofl: I'm going to give some of my co-workers cub fans some BS for that and the fact that I'm finally rooting for the cubs and they suck!

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Detroit takes the first game of the series 3-1.

80smith
06-12-2009, 10:43 PM

Congrats..... Looks like the tigers will take the division.....

SouthStndJunkie
06-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Congrats..... Looks like the tigers will take the division.....

Way too early for talk like that.

Hogan11
06-13-2009, 12:16 AM

I've lost all faith in Snell this season, so I didn't expect much from his start. Duke and Ohlendorf are facing you next.....they've both pitched very well this season, these should be very good games.

SouthStndJunkie
06-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Marcus Thames takes Zach Duke deep....1-0 Tigers.

Punisher
06-13-2009, 05:16 PM
****ing Phillies playing like ****

Hogan11
06-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Marcus Thames takes Zach Duke deep....1-0 Tigers.

Adam LaRoche answers 1-1

Hogan11
06-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Armando in trouble........Good inning for the Bucs

Hogan11
06-13-2009, 05:58 PM
They yanked Armando kinda quick IMO.

Orange Blood
06-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Hogan, SSJ

Did you see this?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090611&content_id=5265568&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Hogan11
06-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Hogan, SSJ

Did you see this?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090611&content_id=5265568&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Oh yeah, saw that. Kinda wish I was on hand for it. Mazeroski is always hanging around that park....he's an easy autograph/pic.

I seem to have this knack of being at the series where they honor The Crawdads (the Negro League team they had there), so it's not unusual seeing them in retro uni's for me.

SouthStndJunkie
06-13-2009, 06:20 PM
They yanked Armando kinda quick IMO.

Armando Galarraga started the year hot and then has sucked ass since...although his last few starts had been a little better coming into tonight.

He is very hittable these days.

SouthStndJunkie
06-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Hogan, SSJ

Did you see this?

Thanks for the link.

SouthStndJunkie
06-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Grand slam for Sanchez.

8-2 Pirates.

Hogan11
06-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Grand slam Freddy Sanchez!! :thumbs:

SouthStndJunkie
06-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Raburn goes yard.

8-3 Pirates.

Orange Blood
06-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Oh yeah, saw that. Kinda wish I was on hand for it. Mazeroski is always hanging around that park....he's an easy autograph/pic.

I seem to have this knack of being at the series where they honor The Crawdads (the Negro League team they had there), so it's not unusual seeing them in retro uni's for me.

Nice! Did the Pirates have any old Negro Leaguers on hand when they wore the Crawdads threads?

Hogan11
06-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Nice! Did the Pirates have any old Negro Leaguers on hand when they wore the Crawdads threads?

One I think....they're not too many of them left.

Hogan11
06-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Good outing by Duke tonight, Tigers will be facing Ohley tomorrow for the rubber match.

SouthStndJunkie
06-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Good outing by Duke tonight, Tigers will be facing Ohley tomorrow for the rubber match.

Dontrelle Willis will be taking the mound for the Tigers....he has had one or two good starts and a handful of completely awful starts....his problems are between his ears ala Chuck Knoblauch.

Paladin
06-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Rockies take second game form Mariners, 5-3. Ten in a row. Now just two games under .500. Would be good for them to be near .500 before the Break......

Hogan11
06-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Dontrelle Willis will be taking the mound for the Tigers....he has had one or two good starts and a handful of completely awful starts....his problems are between his ears ala Chuck Knoblauch.

It'll be interesting....haven't seen him since his Fish days...forgive me if I hope for one of his awful starts Ha!

Ohlendorf has been pretty solid in most of his starts. If the Bucs bring the bats like they did today, it should be a pretty good matchup.

Nothing against the Tigers at all (and how can I have with all those ex-Buc managers on the team) but I would love to get the win and move above the Cubs in the standings.....they are some pretty arrogant MFer's.

broncocalijohn
06-13-2009, 11:47 PM

He started to suck for me when he was pitching in the World Baseball Classic in 2006. I paid good money to watch him suck outloud and in front of the world.

On a happier note, got back from the Angels putting the beat down again on the Padres. Torri Hunter goes for 3 bombs and 4 in 2 games. He is moving up in the All Star ballot but the dude needs to get the votes for starting. He will take the Gold Glove this year just based on his plays for the first two months. So, if you are voting, save a spot for Torri Hunter, outfield, AL. Thank you.

SouthStndJunkie
06-14-2009, 02:09 AM
Miguel Tejada got his 2,000th hit tonight and Lance Berkman hit his 300th homer in the same game.

SouthStndJunkie
06-14-2009, 02:11 AM
Nothing against the Tigers at all (and how can I have with all those ex-Buc managers on the team) but I would love to get the win and move above the Cubs in the standings.....they are some pretty arrogant MFer's.

I am a big Jimmy Leyland fan.

He grew up in Perrysburgh, Ohio....which is about 15 minutes from where I grew up and currently live.

I like that crusty bastard a lot....I hope he gets an extension this season.

SouthStndJunkie
06-14-2009, 12:21 PM
The bad Dontrelle Willis showed up today.

I will be surprised if he makes it out of the 2nd inning.

Karenin
06-14-2009, 01:17 PM
lol "bad Dontrelle Willis." That implies that there is such thing as "good Dontrelle Willis." Hint: There isn't, he is terrible.

SouthStndJunkie
06-14-2009, 01:47 PM
lol "bad Dontrelle Willis." That implies that there is such thing as "good Dontrelle Willis." Hint: There isn't, he is terrible.

Dontrelle used to be good several years ago.

In one start this year, he had it together and pitched 6.1 innings of 1 hit ball.

That said, this is probably his last start as a Tiger.

8 more walks for Dontrelle today.

Karenin
06-14-2009, 01:50 PM
one good start and one good year 4 years ago do not a good pitcher make

SouthStndJunkie
06-14-2009, 01:51 PM
one good start and one good year 4 years ago do not a good pitcher make

No argument from me, because I agree.

Hogan11
06-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Well, I'm happy that the bad Willis showed up.....The Bucs have a tendency of making bad pitchers look good, glad that didn't happen today.

Many don't believe it when I say this team isn't as bad as they appear to be on paper. They're not that far out.

Here's hoping the Bucs can do the same thing against the Twins

TonyR
06-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Yanks took Santana and the Mets out behind the woodshed today. 15-0.

Paladin
06-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Rockies pounded the Mariners 7-1. Picked up five runs in one inning.

Rockies are one game out of .500. Off tomorrow and Tbay on Tuesday.

Fun watching the past 11 games..

SouthStndJunkie
06-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Nice to see the Rockies salvage their season.

Hogan11
06-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Nice to see the Rockies salvage their season.

I wanna see your Boys do some damage on the Cards.

SouthStndJunkie
06-14-2009, 08:19 PM

Thanks and congrats on taking 2/3....the Tigers will be throwing Justin Verlander (7-2 3.02 ERA 106 Ks), Edwin Jackson (6-3 2.24 ERA), and Rick Porcello (7-4 3.71 ERA) at the Cardinals.

Those 3 starting pitchers have been the strength of the team so far this year.

They need to start hitting the ball again....the bats have been quiet in June.

Paladin
06-14-2009, 08:38 PM

They already did. The Rockies swept them........

They swept the Brewers and the Mariners.......

It was in all the papers......

Opps.... that wasn't for the Rockies, was it? Sorry.....

TheChamp24
06-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Wow, just read the article on ESPN that Torrealba's son was kidnapped. It is crazy how fame and money can affect these athletes in other countries.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4258424

Orange Blood
06-16-2009, 11:34 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9YKxf3OkpJc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9YKxf3OkpJc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SouthStndJunkie
06-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Sammy Sosa is one of the 104 major league players who tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance in 2003, the New York Times reported, citing lawyers who have knowledge of the drug-testing results from that year.

SouthStndJunkie
06-17-2009, 08:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4268084

Pudge sets mark for games caught

SouthStndJunkie
06-18-2009, 04:41 PM
The Rox hit the .500 mark at 33-33 with their win today.

bronco_boi_5280
06-18-2009, 04:46 PM
The Rox hit the .500 mark at 33-33 with their win today.

Rox going to nab the wild card, believe it!

Paladin
06-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Pirates next. Come on down!!!!

Sorry Hogan, gonna cheer for the Rox, but I will enjoy watching the Pirates play.

You say McCouth and who else to watch? I will be looking for LaRoache....

SouthStndJunkie
06-19-2009, 03:12 PM
DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers have extended manager Jim Leyland's contract through the 2011 season.

The club announced the two-year contract extension Friday.

The 64-year-old Leyland is in his fourth season managing the Tigers. He has a 292-260 record during his time with the team and led Detroit to the American League pennant in 2006.

Tigers general manager David Dombrowski said in a statement that Leyland is an "outstanding manager" and the team looks forward to him leading Detroit "for years to come."

WABronco
06-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Sammy Sosa is one of the 104 major league players who tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance in 2003, the New York Times reported, citing lawyers who have knowledge of the drug-testing results from that year.

http://www.wisecamel.com/images/Sosa%20B%20and%20A%203.jpg

1992 Cubs 67 262 41 68 7 2 8 0 25 19 1 63 4 2 4 4 .260 .317 .393

1993 Cubs 159 598 92 156 25 5 33 0 93 38 6 135 0 1 4 14 .261 .309 .485

LoL

SouthStndJunkie
06-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Smart move by Sammy to juice when you really think about it.

He went from an average journeyman who would have lasted 5-6 years in the show to an 18 year career where he made money beyond his wildest imagination and was a superstar.

So what if he does not make the HOF....he would not have come close had he not juiced. If he managed his money decently, he and the next several generations of Sosa's will have no money worries.

I am just playing devil's advocate....but I can see why these guys juiced.

Pseudofool
06-19-2009, 05:54 PM
I posted a thread in the MLB forum, but noone seems to go there. Anyone think Mauer can hit .400. He's at .425 in a 160 at bats and is getting on base at 50% of the time.

SouthStndJunkie
06-19-2009, 06:04 PM
I posted a thread in the MLB forum, but noone seems to go there. Anyone think Mauer can hit .400. He's at .425 in a 160 at bats and is getting on base at 50% of the time.

The odds are against him....at some point he will slump for a few weeks.

.400 is tough to carry for an entire season.

I will be rooting for him to hit .400 if he is close come September.

My favorite all-time non-Tiger George Brett came close in 1980 with a .390 average. I remember following that religiously in the newspaper when I was a kid. That was in the day before Sportscenter and 24 hour news was mainstream. Back then the boxscores in the paper and TWIB were how a kid got his MLB fix. That and Tigers games with Ernie Harwell on the radio....and the occasional game on TV.

Pseudofool
06-19-2009, 06:12 PM
I agree. I think he might have a shot if he gets moved off catcher, which is likely, in the future.

Hogan11
06-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Pirates next. Come on down!!!!

Sorry Hogan, gonna cheer for the Rox, but I will enjoy watching the Pirates play.

You say McCouth and who else to watch? I will be looking for LaRoache....

McCutchen, Andy LaRoche and Freddy Sanchez of course. The pitching staff (save for Snell) has been decent as well. The Bucs are not a great road team (and I'm being kind saying that) but I hope they at least show up.

They are not as bad as many people seem to think they are.

Hogan11
06-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Wow...Ohle didn't have it tonight :(

spdirty
06-19-2009, 09:44 PM
damn. 14/15 and theyre still only 1 game over .500.

Paladin
06-19-2009, 11:11 PM
McCutcheon and Morgan were impressive. But Marquis was even more so, I thought. Tried to stretch him a bit in the ninth but the Rox win 7-3. The Rox have come to life from so far down (12 down at one point) and to be up one now is a great story so far. about a hundred games to go, and they are at lest relevant. Could even catch the Dudgers. We
could have a decent season after all.

Some talk of Snell to the Rox but that got shot down in a New York minute....

SouthStndJunkie
06-19-2009, 11:34 PM
The Tigers smashed the Brewers in a rain shortened game tonight.

Nice to see the bats finally get going.

Marcus Thames is finally healthy and went yard twice....that dude can mash when given the chance. Thames should be starting the rest of the year.

Miguel Cabrera did some yard work (13) and Curtis Granderson did as well (17).

Granderson is probably my favorite Tiger. He has really started to hit for some power this year. He is on pace for 40 HRs. They tried moving him down in the lineup, but I am glad he is leading off again. His doubles and triples are really down this year though.

SouthStndJunkie
06-20-2009, 12:33 AM
I was just looking at Randy Johnson's stats and he has 4858 Ks.

It would be nice to see him reach 5000 Ks....only Nolan Ryan has achieved that mark (5714). He would probably have to pitch next year to get there.

The Big Unit is probably the last player to have a legit shot at 5000 Ks....these days players don't pitch as many innings and their pitch counts are monitored closely.

I doubt we see another pitcher get to 4000 Ks....think about it....that is 200 Ks a year for 20 years.

Taco John
06-20-2009, 12:40 AM
July is almost here, and the Mariners are still playing relevant baseball - only 4.5 games back. That, in itself, is a successful season - all things considered.

SouthStndJunkie
06-20-2009, 12:44 AM
July is almost here, and the Mariners are still playing relevant baseball - only 4.5 games back. That, in itself, is a successful season - all things considered.

You had to enjoy Junior's pinch hit HR tonight.

bronco_boi_5280
06-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Holy hell, wild game tonight.

I was sure the Rox had blown it with that 7th inning. But they sure came back the 8th and 9th.

Karenin
06-20-2009, 10:06 PM
I'd hate to be a Pirates' fan tonight. Well, I'd hate to be a Pirates' fan anytime, but especially tonight.

Natedog24
06-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Amazing...

The Dodger's actually beat the Angels and Jeff Weaver wins the battle of brothers.

Go Blue!
July 3rd is a day closer :strong:

bronco_boi_5280
06-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Speaking of the Dodgers, I'm going to see Manny next week. I know it shouldn't be a big deal (and is going against my Rockies fandom), but when all you have is Triple A baseball, you take what you can get. Mannywood hits the 505!

bronco_boi_5280
06-21-2009, 12:34 AM
Also, had a business thing in Chicago last week, so I got a chance to check out Wrigley.

It's pretty neat I guess. I don't know, I think it's one of those hyped things that will never blow your mind like maybe you expect it to? But it is an institution, and now I can say I've been, for what that's worth.

Hogan11
06-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Holy hell, wild game tonight.

I was sure the Rox had blown it with that 7th inning. But they sure came back the 8th and 9th.

The bullpen blew it for the Bucs....Grabow blowing that lead is unexcusable :nono:.

Hogan11
06-21-2009, 07:23 AM
Also, had a business thing in Chicago last week, so I got a chance to check out Wrigley.

It's pretty neat I guess. I don't know, I think it's one of those hyped things that will never blow your mind like maybe you expect it to? But it is an institution, and now I can say I've been, for what that's worth.

That's kinda how I felt when I went to Fenway Park in 2002....I guess they've done some renovations since then, they should've, it needed it.

Paladin
06-21-2009, 07:57 AM
The bullpen blew it for the Bucs....Grabow blowing that lead is unexcusable :nono:.

Ianetta was the hero in that game. His three run jack tied it. The Pirates had a chance to win it in the ninth, but Street did a good job when he got Andy LaR to bounce aan easy grounder that led to a force out of Adam LaR at second. Helton's smash was epic. Pera;ta had a great outing. It was a neat game to watch.

BroncoBuff
06-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Mariners' pitching is unreal ... love me some Aardsma, Felix and Washburn.

Now if they could just hit the damn ball! :moody:

SouthStndJunkie
06-21-2009, 01:35 PM
The Tigers swept the Brewers this weekend.

elsid13
06-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Nick Green wins it in the bottom of the 9th on walk off HR for the Sox. And Dice K to the DL with inflamed shoulder joint.

Dale Snorts Blow
06-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Nick Green wins it in the bottom of the 9th on walk off HR for the Sox. And Dice K to the DL with inflamed shoulder joint.

**** the Nation and **** you!!! Keep your lousy posts on Sons of Sam Horn.

slyinky
06-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Calm down. Oh, and you have some white stuff on your nose.

elsid13
06-21-2009, 04:20 PM

What your problem?

BroncoBuff
06-21-2009, 05:20 PM
MARINERS SWEEP D-BACKS!
MARINERS SWEEP D-BACKS!
MARINERS SWEEP D-BACKS!

(I can hear the stadium cheering out my open window)

Over .500 now ........

Dale Snorts Blow
06-21-2009, 05:46 PM
What your problem?

This is my problem. **** the Nation and all their douchebag fans like you!!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bandwagon%20red%20sox%20fan

1. bandwagon red sox fan

95% of red sox fans as of 2005. made up of mostly fat, irish, red faced women and scrawny white homeboys who will wear their 2004 world championship tilted to the side like a god damn monkey while their over sized manny jerseys will hang all the way down to their knees. 10 years ago these bandwagoners didn't have to suffer watching mo vaughn gain 300 pounds, jose offerman trot around the bases like he was a in beer softball league, or mark portugal tripping over his own feet while pitching off the mound in almost every god damn start. But now they feel like true fans because they can name 3 players on the team.

Dale Snorts Blow
06-21-2009, 05:59 PM
What your problem?

This movie is gayer than an anal poundingROFL!

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7039/feverpitch.jpg (http://img40.imageshack.us/i/feverpitch.jpg/)

elsid13
06-21-2009, 06:07 PM
This is my problem. **** the Nation and all their douchebag fans like you!!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bandwagon%20red%20sox%20fan

1. bandwagon red sox fan

95% of red sox fans as of 2005. made up of mostly fat, irish, red faced women and scrawny white homeboys who will wear their 2004 world championship tilted to the side like a god damn monkey while their over sized manny jerseys will hang all the way down to their knees. 10 years ago these bandwagoners didn't have to suffer watching mo vaughn gain 300 pounds, jose offerman trot around the bases like he was a in beer softball league, or mark portugal tripping over his own feet while pitching off the mound in almost every god damn start. But now they feel like true fans because they can name 3 players on the team.

Since my family has been fans for the last 60s years then me being a fan shouldn't be problem for some ****ing a-hole on the internet. For you information I saw Mo first homerun, I know who Gator is and I was there when Ellis Burk broke into the league. So a-hole if you want to start something bring it on.

Hogan11
06-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, congrats to the Rox on the sweep....I knew my Boys record @ Coors was bad, but I hoped they'd take at least one game in this series. Oh well........

It's still going to take a lot more to make me believe in Jim Tracy being a decent (did someone say "good"?) manager..ride the wave whilst you can.

Paladin
06-21-2009, 07:02 PM
You know, I don't really care if Tracey is a "good" manager or not, but maybe he is in the right spot at the right time. If he is a one year wonder, that's fine. But he is helping the Rox win and that is better than a lot of teams around the league (ahem!) can say right now. The Rox are on a great run. I don't know if it will continue in LA or not, but I like their chances. I just want someone to knock off the Giants and the Cubs and the Brewers and send them all on a seven game losing streak.

Now, to the game. I really like McCutcheon and Morgan in the 2 hole brings double trouble. LaRoche (both) are good but I think basically died in the third game. This last was the game I thought Pitt would take because De la Rosa is not that good of a pitcher, and the first two innings proved that. But the Rox bats came to life and that was that. (I hope Gregg Smith gets back soon, and that De la Rosa goes to the Bull pen. But I don't know if Smith can pitch........)

BroncoBuff
06-21-2009, 07:19 PM
How about this baseball movie?

http://www.movingimageposters.com/images/final_season.jpg

Karenin
06-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Well, congrats to the Rox on the sweep....I knew my Boys record @ Coors was bad, but I hoped they'd take at least one game in this series. Oh well........

It's still going to take a lot more to make me believe in Jim Tracy being a decent (did someone say "good"?) manager..ride the wave whilst you can.

Yea, it must be killing you to see him succeed now that he has talent. Makes you realize that the #1 reason he failed in Pitt is because they are a terrible organization.

Hogan11
06-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Yea, it must be killing you to see him succeed now that he has talent. Makes you realize that the #1 reason he failed in Pitt is because they are a terrible organization.

Hardly. Instead of dealing with what the small market economics left him effectively (like Felipe Alou did for years in Montreal) Tracy simply mailed it in and stopped doing his job after year one. There's no love lost here for Jim Tracy.

broncocalijohn
06-22-2009, 02:43 PM
You know, I don't really care if Tracey is a "good" manager or not, but maybe he is in the right spot at the right time. If he is a one year wonder, that's fine. But he is helping the Rox win and that is better than a lot of teams around the league (ahem!) can say right now. The Rox are on a great run. I don't know if it will continue in LA or not, but I like their chances. I just want someone to knock off the Giants and the Cubs and the Brewers and send them all on a seven game losing streak.

They are first going to Orange County not LA. Please do not lump the Angels in with LA. Only Arte Moreno added that to get more exposure and the LA fans to jump ship to the Angels (Who in their right mind that has a job, obeys the law and has a thing called manners, want to be a Dodgers fan like those Raider fan-esque that comes to the park?) Hogan, we will show you how you slow down this team once they come to Angels stadium. I will actually be there. Look for me as I will be wearing Red. :~ohyah!:

broncocalijohn
06-22-2009, 02:46 PM
BTW: Red Sox fans have become the most obnoxious fans when rivals come to Angels stadium. It used to be the Yankees and I personally say the Dodgers/Faiders fans but seems most Angels fans agree that the Bandwagoning nation of the Red Sox are a pain in the A$$. Some might not be but I am sure these "Sox" fans came around this decade.

24champ
06-23-2009, 01:42 AM
Only Arte Moreno added that to get more exposure and the LA fans to jump ship to the Angels.

Arturo is too embarrassed to be associated with Anaheim...I don't blame him.

Paladin
06-23-2009, 03:41 PM
They are first going to Orange County not LA. Please do not lump the Angels in with LA. Only Arte Moreno added that to get more exposure and the LA fans to jump ship to the Angels (Who in their right mind that has a job, obeys the law and has a thing called manners, want to be a Dodgers fan like those Raider fan-esque that comes to the park?) Hogan, we will show you how you slow down this team once they come to Angels stadium. I will actually be there. Look for me as I will be wearing Red. :~ohyah!:

11-1

SouthStndJunkie
06-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Pinch-hitter Ryan Raburn hit a two-run homer in the ninth inning, lifting Detroit to a 5-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night.

Tigers are now 39-31 and still lead the division by 4 games.

Hogan11
06-24-2009, 07:58 AM
If they can get a bag of peanuts for Ian Snell, I'd say pull the trigger ASAP.

broncocalijohn
06-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Arturo is too embarrassed to be associated with Anaheim...I don't blame him.

yes, because when people think of LA, they dont think of riots, traffic or a $500 billion deficit. I have a feeling that most people have a positive reaction to Anaheim (home of Disneyland) than Los Angeles (home of Mexico North). Well, we slowed down the Rocks for one game. Let us see if we can make it two in a row. Angels...... First place! Lot of crap has come to this team this year and yet they get to first place. Rangers are slipping.

Paladin
06-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Actually, two misses (should have been errors) by Stewart and Barmes' slump gave the game to the LA team. That LA team is rather a weak sister to Tampa and and a couple of other teams in the AL. No WS for them this year, I'm thinking......

SouthStndJunkie
06-24-2009, 09:18 PM
DETROIT -- Gerald Laird and Miguel Cabrera homered to help the Detroit Tigers win their sixth straight game, beating the Chicago Cubs 5-3 on Wednesday night.

It is always fun to beat the Cubs and watch their fans pout.

Tigers are now 40-31 and have a 5 game lead in the division.

BroncoBuff
06-24-2009, 09:43 PM
The Dodgers want Jarrod Washburn .... ARRGHHH!

Too soon, Mariners are still in it. Maybe at the All-Star break.

Right now Brandon Morrow is trying to give the game on a platter to San Diego .... HEY BRANDON! Have you EVER heard of a first-pitch strike? They're taking EVERY first pitch now ... fer hevvinsake lob it over to get ahead if you have to.

There we go .... SD ties the score with a single. Lucky Morrow got out of it with a rundown.

24champ
06-24-2009, 10:08 PM
The Dodgers want Jarrod Washburn .... ARRGHHH!

LA will have another parade in October/November. :~ohyah!:

BroncoBuff
06-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Aardsman is rolling through the 9th .... he's become one hell of a closer.

Mariners' pitching is lights out ... best in the AL.

If it weren't for the red-hot Rockies sweeping us last week, we'd be in or 1 game outta first place.

SouthStndJunkie
06-25-2009, 02:06 PM
DETROIT -- Magglio Ordonez ended a career-long, 40-game drought without a home run by connecting for the go-ahead shot, leading the Detroit Tigers over the Chicago Cubs 6-5 Thursday for their seventh straight victory.

Ordonez connected for a two-run homer in the fourth inning. The AL Central leaders held on to complete the three-game sweep, and matched their longest winning streak of the season.

Sweet....Maggs breaks his HR drought, the Tigers sweep the Cubs, and the winning streak is now at 7 games.

10 games over .500....I did not expect to see that 72 games into the season.

SouthStndJunkie
06-25-2009, 02:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Magglio-Ordonezs-Hair-Skybox-and-bat-for-charity_W0QQitemZ180373227902QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS _SM_Fan_Shop?hash=item29ff15097e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1240|240%3A13 18|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Magglio Ordonez's Hair, Skybox and bat for charity

Looks like a hairy chick's beaver I unfortunately and drunkenly stumbled into one night many years ago.

24champ
06-25-2009, 04:46 PM
yes, because when people think of LA, they dont think of riots, traffic or a $500 billion deficit. I have a feeling that most people have a positive reaction to Anaheim (home of Disneyland) than Los Angeles (home of Mexico North).

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP)—An off-duty police officer shot and wounded two men who had assaulted him in the crowded Angel Stadium parking lot after Wednesday night’s Colorado Rockies-Los Angeles Angels game, authorities said.

The officer, who was walking to his car with his wife and two small children about 25 minutes after the game, was hit in the head with beer bottles, police Sgt. Tim Schmidt said.

“We think he was the victim of a crime,” Schmidt said.

The officer called a dispatcher at his department and asked for help, saying two men had choked him and asked him to get away from his car, Sgt. Rick Martinez said.

The off-duty officer then shot the men with his duty weapon, Martinez said. Police did not immediately identify the officer or the shooting victims.

One man was shot in the chin and was in critical condition, the other was shot in the upper arm and in serious but stable condition.

The officer also was taken to a hospital with a head wound, but was released early Thursday, Martinez said.

No one else in the parking lot was hurt, Martinez said.

The Orange County District Attorney’s office joined the Anaheim Police department in investigating the incident, which is required in officer-involved shootings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-angelsstadiumshooting&prov=ap&type=lgns

Angels Stadium just came out with a new slogan, "where rat infestation and assault in the parking lot are the norm..."

SouthStndJunkie
06-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Ichiro is on a hot streak right now.

4 more hits so far today....batting average at .369.

Hogan11
06-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Talk about being a puss...Ian Snell requested to go down to the minors today because he couldn't deal with the "negativity" of the press and the fans. Yeah, like the 2-8 record with the 5+ ERA has nothing to do with it ::)

He's history, mark it down.

On the plus side, the Bucs took two of three from the Tribe and have the Royals limping in next. Since they play much better at home, maybe they can make a move back out of the cellar.

Paladin
06-26-2009, 11:48 PM
On Wed, Rox got a whipping. I thought they loked tired. After the day of rest, they come out 4-2 against the A's. Peralta gave up a walk for one score, but the A's did not get anothere in a bases loaded 8th.

I hope they can keep up the play. 17 wins in the last 20 is pretty good......

SouthStndJunkie
06-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Brandon Inge hit a 2 run HR with 2 outs in the 9th to lead Detroit to a 4-3 comeback win over Houston today.

Inge will not make it, but he deserves some thought at making the all-star team at 3B.

He plays gold glove caliber defense and this year he is batting .274 with 18 HRs and 51 RBIs....with a lot of clutch hits.

Actually, looking at the stats, Evan Longoria is about the only 3B with more impressive stats. With A-Rod being hurt and batting .227, maybe Inge has a chance.

SouthStndJunkie
06-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Rox now 40-35 after sweeping the A's.

DomCasual
06-28-2009, 05:32 PM
I have been avoiding baseball threads all season - it's bad luck. I'm DEFINITELY avoiding the Rockies threads. But I just wanted to point out here that the Rox have played less home games (and consequently, more road games) than any team in baseball - by quite a long ways, all things considered.

That's pretty amazing, for a team that has historically BOMBED on the road.

The second half of the season is shaping up to be fun.

Paladin
06-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Did I read that they have played 30 out of the last 45 games on the road? I don't know of that is accurate, but they sure are playing good ball right now.....

DomCasual
06-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Did I read that they have played 30 out of the last 45 games on the road? I don't know of that is accurate, but they sure are playing good ball right now.....

After they finish this trip (three more games, against the Dodgers), they will have played 30 out of 45 on the road.

It's just been a completely bizarre run - completely unexpected.

Paladin
06-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Home: 17-15; Road 23-20.
Home: 32, Road: 43 (46).

Some long home stands coming.......

broncofan2438
06-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Typical Dodgers......No hitting and crap pitching

SouthStndJunkie
06-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Mariano Rivera notched his 500th career save tonight.

Baba Booey
06-28-2009, 09:59 PM
God damn the Mets suck.

SouthStndJunkie
06-28-2009, 09:59 PM

You're not seriously complaining about the Dodgers....are you?

They are 20 games over .500 at 48-28.

More wins than any other team in baseball.

TheChamp24
06-28-2009, 10:00 PM
I think early in the season I was looking at the Rockies schedule and noticing a ton of road games in the 1st half of the season, I thought it was horsecrap, but things are shaping up nicely if they pound it at home.

WABronco
06-28-2009, 10:49 PM
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090628&content_id=5587778&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

Wow.

17 K's for Ian Snell in his first start since his demotion...and 13 consecutive K's at one point. That's insane.

Hogan11
06-28-2009, 11:07 PM
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090628&content_id=5587778&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

Wow.

17 K's for Ian Snell in his first start since his demotion...and 13 consecutive K's at one point. That's insane.

Good for him, but I have to be honest......it pisses me off that he can do that kinda thing @ AAA, but not in Pittsburgh.

broncocalijohn
06-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Actually, two misses (should have been errors) by Stewart and Barmes' slump gave the game to the LA team. That LA team is rather a weak sister to Tampa and and a couple of other teams in the AL. No WS for them this year, I'm thinking......

well, we took the best record for interleague play so you better hope we dont make it. We lost a starting pitcher to a car accident, had Lackey, Escobar and Santana out for most of the beginning of the year and only Lackey has returned. Bullpen collapsed except a few guys, Vlad on the DL for 30 days and has only 2 homeruns, starting 2nd baseman sent to AAA after batting over .300 last year and starting lineup for pitchers includes a 30 year old rookie who is 7 and 1. All this and 2 1/2 games in first place. I will take it sooooo far.

broncocalijohn
06-30-2009, 01:27 PM

You have got to be one of the retards at the mane. You hit and run with some of the inept comments. Is this on purpose? Dodgers best record and dont have the Hammering Cheat for 50 games and you are somehow complaining about a non existent problem. You biatched about the Lakers and now the Dodgers. You also made me defend the Dodgers who I dispise. Thanks a lot.

broncocalijohn
06-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Brandon Inge hit a 2 run HR with 2 outs in the 9th to lead Detroit to a 4-3 comeback win over Houston today.

Inge will not make it, but he deserves some thought at making the all-star team at 3B.

He plays gold glove caliber defense and this year he is batting .274 with 18 HRs and 51 RBIs....with a lot of clutch hits.

Actually, looking at the stats, Evan Longoria is about the only 3B with more impressive stats. With A-Rod being hurt and batting .227, maybe Inge has a chance.

Inge would have to jump over Figgins of the Angels to make it. I cant see how he doesnt make it with his BA, steals and runs this year. He is on fire and will be wanted by many teams looking for leadoff hitters next year.

24champ
06-30-2009, 01:44 PM
You also made me defend the Dodgers.

Hell has frozen over...what's next? You going to wear a Kings Kopitar jersey to the Pond?ROFL!

SouthStndJunkie
06-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Albert Pujols hit 2 more HRs tonight.

That gives him 30 HRs and 77 RBIs so far this year.

Kaylore
06-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Are the Rockies this good? We went to watch them play the Mariners and they looked pretty good and then have followed them since. Hawpe and Smith are dynamite and Jimenez and Marquis are absolutely sick. Is this fo rizzle?

Paladin
06-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Marqise mowed the Dodgers down tonight for a 3-0 win Two hit shutout.

Did you know that the Dodgers have not been in the WS since 1988 while all four of the other teams in the Division have been have made recent WS apperences?

broncocalijohn
07-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Marqise mowed the Dodgers down tonight for a 3-0 win Two hit shutout.

Did you know that the Dodgers have not been in the WS since 1988 while all four of the other teams in the Division have been have made recent WS apperences?

it does make me feel good when i see this. They have stunk for so many years and that is why they have the raider nation following them as it feels like home. They just are gitty about them being actually good the last two years. What will make me sick is watching those morons cheer on Manny when he comes back. They had no problem booing Barry Bonds but one of their own? Well, he deserves a standing ovation. I guarantee it.

24champ
07-01-2009, 02:34 AM

Unless your a Diamondback fan, that is something to hang your hat on. Diamondbacks vs NYY was a great series, add in the whole post 9/11 ordeal and the Yankees in it. It was a emotional series. Not many people will forget, just like they won't forget Kirk Gibsons Home Run. Meanwhile everyone else that made it to the WS since '88 got pretty embarrassed and will be forgotten as time goes on.

Does anyone remember San Diego getting shellacked by the Yankees in 98'? Probably not.

People will remember San Fransisco had an epic collapse against the Angels. Midgets pretty much had it in the bag after game 5...beating the Angels 16-4 and then going into game 6 with a 5-0 lead in the 7th inning. They blew that lead and eventually the series, in what is one of the biggest chokejobs in baseball history. I don't praise the Angels much, but I enjoyed that series thoroughly.

Then there is Colorado, who had a good season and a miracle run...but the magic ended once they faced the Red Sox. They were no match for the Red Sox, got embarrassed. They were outmatched, outgunned, outeverything. Pretty boring, just like the Padres/Yankees series.

So if you Rockies, Giant, Padres fans want to hang your hat on those embarrassing moments. Go ahead. I'll take the Kirk Gibson HR and the WS title in 88 over a more recent embarrassing performance in the WS and being remembered as losers.

Karenin
07-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Sorry, winning a pennant doesn't make you a "loser." that's why every team in baseball hangs up pennants in their stadium regardless of whether or not they win the series. What does make you a loser is when you continually underachieve and lose in the wildcard round (or not even make the playoffs, hello 2007) over and over again, even though you have one of the highest payrolls in baseball.

DomCasual
07-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Are the Rockies this good? We went to watch them play the Mariners and they looked pretty good and then have followed them since. Hawpe and Smith are dynamite and Jimenez and Marquis are absolutely sick. Is this fo rizzle?

Yeah, they're pretty good. They have several key players performing under their averages this year, so it's not like anyone can say they just have a bunch of players playing above their heads.

That being said, the pace they've been on the past month puts them on track for 100+ wins. They're not that good. But I felt at the beginning of the season they could easily win 85-88 games. Now, I think the goal should be most wins in franchise history (89 in 162 games).

DomCasual
07-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Unless your a Diamondback fan, that is something to hang your hat on. Diamondbacks vs NYY was a great series, add in the whole post 9/11 ordeal and the Yankees in it. It was a emotional series. Not many people will forget, just like they won't forget Kirk Gibsons Home Run. Meanwhile everyone else that made it to the WS since '88 got pretty embarrassed and will be forgotten as time goes on.

Does anyone remember San Diego getting shellacked by the Yankees in 98'? Probably not.

People will remember San Fransisco had an epic collapse against the Angels. Midgets pretty much had it in the bag after game 5...beating the Angels 16-4 and then going into game 6 with a 5-0 lead in the 7th inning. They blew that lead and eventually the series, in what is one of the biggest chokejobs in baseball history. I don't praise the Angels much, but I enjoyed that series thoroughly.

Then there is Colorado, who had a good season and a miracle run...but the magic ended once they faced the Red Sox. They were no match for the Red Sox, got embarrassed. They were outmatched, outgunned, outeverything. Pretty boring, just like the Padres/Yankees series.

So if you Rockies, Giant, Padres fans want to hang your hat on those embarrassing moments. Go ahead. I'll take the Kirk Gibson HR and the WS title in 88 over a more recent embarrassing performance in the WS and being remembered as losers.

Man, I hate the Dodgers.

;)

Natedog24
07-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Dodgers go 29-21 without Manny. I was hoping for the Dodgers to go at least .500 without Manny and they exceeded my expectations due largely to some great pitching and some tremendous production from Juan Pierre.

Hogan11
07-02-2009, 04:07 PM
I was in favor of dealing Nyger Morgan...he's great defensively but has no bat and is 30. Do I like that the Bucs traded for failed flavor clown and locker room cancer Lastings Milledge? Whaddya think?!?!? All I can hope for is that the guy finally matured into a human being instead of remaining a 20 something, self-centered azzhole.

Good game today, even though they blew a 5 run lead against the douchbag Mets. They showed heart, even after all the subversion from the front office, what more can you ask for from players in that kind of position?

Fantasy guys, grab Garrett Jones on the cheap whilst you can.

DomCasual
07-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I was in favor of dealing Nyger Morgan...he's great defensively but has no bat and is 30. Do I like that the Bucs traded for failed flavor clown and locker room cancer Lastings Milledge? Whaddya think?!?!? All I can hope for is that the guy finally matured into a human being instead of remaining a 20 something, self-centered azzhole.

Good game today, even though they blew a 5 run lead against the douchbag Mets. They showed heart, even after all the subversion from the front office, what more can you ask for from players in that kind of position?

Fantasy guys, grab Garrett Jones on the cheap whilst you can.

The Pirates problem is that they never had Jim Tracy and Josh Fogg in the organization at the same time. The combination of the two is lethal.

Hogan11
07-02-2009, 04:35 PM
The Pirates problem is that they never had Jim Tracy and Josh Fogg in the organization at the same time. The combination of the two is lethal.

Ha! Yeah, it must be in the combination, because neither of them was worth a **** by themselves whilst in the Burgh.

Sacked by Croel
07-02-2009, 06:36 PM

This trade was a steal for the Bucs. When you consider Milledge is only 24, he shouldn't even be considered a failure. He actually had a promising season with 14 HR/24 SB in 500+ at-bats in the majors last season.

The Nats did him wrong early in the season by making him a scapegoat for their poor start. He only got 24 at-bats in the majors before a demotion to the minors.

The Nats were playing Milledge in CF where he was struggling, but he shouldn't have even been there in the first place. With the Pirates, he will get to play LF and will be able to focus on his hitting.

I wouldn't bet on Milledge, but he still could be a star. Players like Nyjer Morgan are a dime a dozen. This is a good roll of the dice for the Pirates.

Hogan11
07-02-2009, 06:59 PM
This trade was a steal for the Bucs. When you consider Milledge is only 24, he shouldn't even be considered a failure. He actually had a promising season with 14 HR/24 SB in 500+ at-bats in the majors last season.

The Nats did him wrong early in the season by making him a scapegoat for their poor start. He only got 24 at-bats in the majors before a demotion to the minors.

The Nats were playing Milledge in CF where he was struggling, but he shouldn't have even been there in the first place. With the Pirates, he will get to play LF and will be able to focus on his hitting.

I wouldn't bet on Milledge, but he still could be a star. Players like Nyjer Morgan are a dime a dozen. This is a good roll of the dice for the Pirates.

In theory, yes..you're correct. I know he was once a highly rated prospect and has great potential BUT I also know this is the same guy who jogs to first on ground balls, walks in to pick up singles hit into the outfield, ran around the ballpark high fiving fans after he hit his first HR and has had unhealthy issues with underage girls. (I'm not even going to mention his gangsta rap album).

The guy is an immature douchbag who's hard to really cheer for at this point until he proves otherwise. I just hope someone got this guy's head out of his ass and got him to grow up because this is not the type of guy I would want anywhere near a kid like McCutcheon if he hasn't.

SouthStndJunkie
07-03-2009, 11:25 PM
The Tigers beat the Twins in the Metrodome (where they usually get their asses kicked) 11-9 in 16 innings.

They emptied their bullpen though....they better hope Edwin Jackson can go 7 or 8 innings on Saturday.

Game Time: 5 hours and 7 minutes.

SouthStndJunkie
07-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Placido Polanco is one of the most underrated players in baseball.

He came through twice in the clutch tonight.

He plays a great second base and is a solid batter in the #2 slot.

Placido has batted .312 in his 5 years in Detroit, plays great defense, and usually comes through in the clutch.

TheChamp24
07-04-2009, 11:43 AM
This season Polanco hasn't been that great. Only hitting .259 with a .310 OBP and a OPS of .700.
He is a solid 2B, I'd say maybe slightly above average.

SouthStndJunkie
07-04-2009, 01:04 PM
This season Polanco hasn't been that great. Only hitting .259 with a .310 OBP and a OPS of .700.
He is a solid 2B, I'd say maybe slightly above average.

I know what his stats are this year and he has started slowly, but his value to the team goes deeper than stats.

He plays a stellar second base and is clutch at the plate.

I would also guess that only a handful of other 2nd baseman have batted .312 over the last 5 years.... he also set a new Major League record for 2nd basemen by playing in 144 consecutive errorless games in 2007.

I am not saying he is a super stud, but that he is the nuts and bolts kind of player that is undervalued around the league.

I pretty much watch every Tigers game year in and year out and he plays baseball the way it should be played.

Of course he is not in the same class as the Chase Utleys....but there are only a handful of 2nd baseman I would take over him the last 5 years in terms of all around game.

Hogan11
07-04-2009, 02:10 PM
**** the Marlins and **** Jeffrey Loria.

broncocalijohn
07-05-2009, 11:57 AM
**** the Marlins and **** Jeffrey Loria.

hey, its past the 4th of July and Pirates are still in it. Be thankful for that at least. On your Garrett (Jones) prediction, I have heard it from other FB gurus so you might have something there.

elsid13
07-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Tim Wakefield All-star along with 5 other Red Sox

SouthStndJunkie
07-05-2009, 12:17 PM
The Tigers get 3 in the all-star game: Justin Verlander, Edwin Jackson, and Curtis Granderson.

I was a little surprised (but pleased) to see Granderson make it.

elsid13
07-05-2009, 12:34 PM
The only one that made that I have a problem with is Jeter. I just think he is overrated

SouthStndJunkie
07-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Tim Wakefield All-star along with 5 other Red Sox

Good for Wakefield, he deserves it.

elsid13
07-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Good for Wakefield, he deserved it.

Yeah he did, and he is extremely excited about it. Papi just gave him great big hug in the dugout during his interview telling him how proud the team is of him.

TheChamp24
07-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Hawpe and Marquis for the Rockies, glad both of them got in, was unsure of Marquis and Hawpe was pretty much a given.
I actually question only 3 Dodgers making the team, I think Matt Kemp should've been added before Hunter Pence.
Probably should be another OF at least in the NL. Surprised all of the 1B, Prince, Gonzalez and Howard all made the team. Not saying they all don't deserve it, but thought one of them would've been left out to bolster up another position.

As for the AL, I don't necessarily agree with Wakefield getting the nod. Kevin Millwood is pitching outstanding, Jered Weaver has as well. Really surprised with Millwood not getting in actually looking at the numbers.
Also, take note, as this may be the only All Star Game ARod misses in his career.

Hogan11
07-05-2009, 02:22 PM
hey, its past the 4th of July and Pirates are still in it. Be thankful for that at least. On your Garrett (Jones) prediction, I have heard it from other FB gurus so you might have something there.

Well, they're starting to fade out now.

As for players like Garrett Jones & McCutcheon.....I don't come in here and just blow smoke. As a fan of an off the radar small market club, I can at least make the FB guys who lives revolve around the large market 8 aware of potential steals on that front.

sreggin setah nagoh
07-05-2009, 03:11 PM
The only one that made that I have a problem with is Jeter. I just think he is overrated

You're just being a hater. The two best shortstops in the AL this year (Bartlett, Jeter) made the All-Star squad. I don't see what's there to whine about.

sreggin setah nagoh
07-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Good for Wakefield, he deserves it.

Yeah he did, and he is extremely excited about it. Papi just gave him great big hug in the dugout during his interview telling him how proud the team is of him.

Wakefield has enjoyed a distinguished career. It's a shame that he had never been to the All-Star Game. He probably should have gone at least once (1995) in his career.

This honor is not a lifetime achievement award though. Joe Maddon paid him a favor. Wakefield didn't deserve it. Both of you are wrong on this.

Like jth1331 alluded to, if I were Kevin Millwood, Felix Hernandez or Jared Weaver, I wouldn't be very happy about it.

Karenin
07-05-2009, 04:04 PM
how long do you think it's going to take for the mods to figure out your username and ban you? i'm guessing about 2 more posts.

bronco_boi_5280
07-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Pretty disappointing weekend for the Rox. Blown leads all over the place.

And a huge L-O-L @ sreggin setah nagoh (http://orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=10931)

Hogan11
07-05-2009, 06:32 PM
And a huge L-O-L @ sreggin setah nagoh (http://orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=10931)

Yeah, that's really hilarious ::)

bronco_boi_5280
07-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Comedy gold, I tell ya!