PDA

View Full Version : Help - The Cardinals Defense.

Inkana7
02-02-2009, 06:05 PM
After paying close attention to the Cardinals defense the past two games, I'm very intrigued by it. It looks like a 3-4, with a LB playing another line spot. They also showed a lot of 4-3 looks. It seems to be a very successful defense, but one I don't really understand.

Can anyone explain the Cards' Defense for me? And also, what's the chance that Denver utilizes a similar scheme this season?

Thanks.

oubronco
02-03-2009, 07:35 AM
whats confusing to you is you watch Denvers Defense play and they can't shyt themselves and when watching Arizona's and it works it is confusing to actually see a Defense that actually works

cmhargrove
02-03-2009, 07:38 AM
The reason you don't recognize it is because it's creative, and was built to take advantage of the talent on their roster. That's a foreign concept around here lately.

Seriously, many teams now try to disguise their defense with pre-snap reads and adjustments to the QB. 4-3 teams do it, and 3-4 teams do it.

It is really about two things: 1) better coaching, and 2) better players. Hopefully we are in for both next year.