PDA

View Full Version : I hate the Steelers and their fans

Kaylore
02-02-2009, 07:52 AM
They are made of poo.

That is all.

ludo21
02-02-2009, 07:55 AM
they are some of the most irrational people Ive ever met. It is so frustrating. They got this blue collar team, but they act like a bunch of pussies and snobs, its annoying.

MagicHef
02-02-2009, 08:00 AM
I kinda like the Steelers themselves, inasmuch as I wish our defense were similar to theirs, but I do loathe their fans.

Paladin
02-02-2009, 08:00 AM
I like the Steelers. Maybe it's because do they have a blue collar team. Lots of people think that Broncos fans are snobs and lack social graces except for the "Wine and Cheese" crowd for whom social graces are a way of life.....

Frankly, I am sure the feelings are mutual all around the NFL. There are some players I don't care for, but on the whole, many are pretty good guys. But I agree that many fans can be a bit over the top in douchebaggery......

Archer81
02-02-2009, 08:01 AM
I lived in Pittsburgh from 1997 til January 2001. Before the Broncos-Steelers AFCCG, everyone was telling me how bad ass the steelers were and how Levon Kirkland was going to kill TD and hurt John Elway. All I said back was...we will see, huh? Sunday rolls up, I take my mom to work at Giant Eagle at like noon, entire store is black and gold. I get my mom at 8pm that night...you couldnt find anything steeler related at all. That right there sums up the nature of the Pittsburgh fans, they are all about the team when they are winning or in championship type games, but turn on them so fast when they lose. I also hate the god damned here we go steelers chant...its like a bunch of neanderthals banging rocks together...stupid ****ers...Wrong team won last night, but thats how it goes.

:Broncos:

Garcia Bronco
02-02-2009, 08:02 AM
they are some of the most irrational people Ive ever met. It is so frustrating. They got this blue collar team, but they act like a bunch of pussies and snobs, its annoying.

Pittsburgh is now a white collar pussy town.

theAPAOps5
02-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Being at the Steelers vs Broncos AFCCG made me hate their fan base. A bunch of posers and championship chasers with their fan base.

toad
02-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Definitly the most arrogant fans in the NFL as far as I can tell....Steelers fans in my workplace drive me crazy because they do have an aire of superiourity, sometimes to the point of being completely illogical about it.

Gort
02-02-2009, 08:09 AM
I lived in Pittsburgh from 1997 til January 2001. Before the Broncos-Steelers AFCCG, everyone was telling me how bad ass the steelers were and how Levon Kirkland was going to kill TD and hurt John Elway. All I said back was...we will see, huh? Sunday rolls up, I take my mom to work at Giant Eagle at like noon, entire store is black and gold. I get my mom at 8pm that night...you couldnt find anything steeler related at all. That right there sums up the nature of the Pittsburgh fans, they are all about the team when they are winning or in championship type games, but turn on them so fast when they lose. I also hate the god damned here we go steelers chant...its like a bunch of neanderthals banging rocks together...stupid ****ers...Wrong team won last night, but thats how it goes.

there's some truth to that. i lived in Pittsburgh for a couple of my college years and back then (1985-1987), the Steelers sucked. you had to really search for a Steelers fan back then. i do remember taking a mechanical drafting class as an engineering elective one semester that was taught by some well-experienced draftsman from local industry who must have been a die hard Steelers fan because the class met on Monday & Wednesday evenings and whenever the Steelers lost the previous day, the Monday class was cancelled. that's about the ONLY Steelers fan i can recall from those years.

Paladin
02-02-2009, 08:13 AM

Sort of like: "Here we go, Broncos, here we go"?

I have several cousins in Pennslyvania. My son went to Pitt. I have family roots in western Penn. I have found the people to be great.

That does not excuse the fans who are pretenders like you're describing, but those sorts of people are found in every fan base. Compare to KC, Chokeland, Dallas, SD, even the Vikes and Browns have messed up fans. Remember the Dirty Bird craze? Not much different, eh? Who can stand Pats fans and Giants fans?

Meh, I just don't pay attention to the antics of idiots except when they come here to this board.....

Rulon Velvet Jones
02-02-2009, 08:29 AM
I've never visited, but I hear it's not that bad of a town now.

Hogan11
02-02-2009, 08:33 AM
I've never visited, but I hear it's not that bad of a town now.

I love the Burgh, great place, always have the best time whenever I'm in town.

I'm largely indifferent to the Steelers though. I really don't pay them any attention unless they get in our way.

Old Dude
02-02-2009, 08:35 AM
They were pretty much a laughing stock, back in the 60s, much like the old Broncos.

But I think that after winning six super bowls, I don't see them as very sympathetic anymore.

Popcorn Sutton
They are made of poo.

That is all.

A Freaking Men!!!

Archer81
Sort of like: "Here we go, Broncos, here we go"?

I have several cousins in Pennslyvania. My son went to Pitt. I have family roots in western Penn. I have found the people to be great.

That does not excuse the fans who are pretenders like you're describing, but those sorts of people are found in every fan base. Compare to KC, Chokeland, Dallas, SD, even the Vikes and Browns have messed up fans. Remember the Dirty Bird craze? Not much different, eh? Who can stand Pats fans and Giants fans?

Meh, I just don't pay attention to the antics of idiots except when they come here to this board.....

Then you sir, are familiar with Isley's Chipped Ham...the grossest invention by man ever.

I generally believe the here we go steelers here we go is th emost obnoxious anthem in the history of sports...and its only annoying to me when Myron Cope would sing it. His voice was so high pitched and wrong that its burned its way into my brain forever. Thats why I hate it.

Archer81
02-02-2009, 08:37 AM
I love the Burgh, great place, always have the best time whenever I'm in town.

I'm largely indifferent to the Steelers though. I really don't pay them any attention unless they get in our way.

I love the city, have friends there, went to High School there. I'd move back if I could afford it, but I hate the Steeler/Penguins/Pirates trifecta...hate them...

Hogan11
02-02-2009, 08:39 AM
but I hate the Pirates...hate them...

Boooooo :thumbsdow

TerrElway
02-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I was a little disappointed by some of the punk a$$ things some of their players did during the game (Harrison and his personal foul, dude kicking the kick returner that he just tackled - it was pretty weak but he kicked the dude while he was down) and I thought they were pretty classless after the game. I've played on a championship team (obviously not in the NFL but not in little league either) and I can understand the celebration etc. etc. but maybe you should acknowledge the great game the opponent played and such and not talk about how great you all are the whole time.

Maybe I'm just being picky but that's my feeling on the matter. Good ahead and be bad ass but show a little class.

bronco militia
02-02-2009, 08:50 AM
I was a little disappointed by some of the punk a$$ things some of their players did during the game (Harrison and his personal foul, dude kicking the kick returner that he just tackled - it was pretty weak but he kicked the dude while he was down) and I thought they were pretty classless after the game. I've played on a championship team (obviously not in the NFL but not in little league either) and I can understand the celebration etc. etc. but maybe you should acknowledge the great game the opponent played and such and not talk about how great you all are the whole time.

Maybe I'm just being picky but that's my feeling on the matter. Good ahead and be bad ass but show a little class.

I don't think I ever gave a **** about how great the packers played in 1998.

but steelers and packers fans really piss me off

rbackfactory80
02-02-2009, 08:52 AM
The thing I hate about them is they are everywhere.

Gort
02-02-2009, 08:53 AM

did you see that one Cardinal defender get penetration on 3rd and 1 (i think it was 3rd and 1) and stop the Steeler running back behind the line? The RB then fell forward for the first down, but the Cardinal player didn't know it and was flexing and strutting for the camera, meanwhile the refs were moving the chains after awarding the 1st down. that was hilarious and that reminded me of the 2008 Denver Broncos.

class has gone from the NFL. the days of Lombardi telling his players "to act like they've been in the endzone before" has been replaced by this "hey, look at me. everybody look at ME!" mentality that trumps everything else. i hate it. if they would just stop showing those post-play antics on TV, they would stop immediately. i'd rather see a crowd shot than some idiot flexing his biceps for the cameras because he happened to fall down on the RB's leg and stop him for a 2 yard gain.

Garcia Bronco
02-02-2009, 08:54 AM

I agree.

WolfpackGuy
02-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Toothless inbreds

Archer81
02-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Boooooo :thumbsdow

I have to be honest... I hate baseball.

Popcorn Sutton
02-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Definitly the most arrogant fans in the NFL as far as I can tell....Steelers fans in my workplace drive me crazy because they do have an aire of superiourity, sometimes to the point of being completely illogical about it.

^^ Agreed ^^

montrose
02-02-2009, 09:08 AM
I'll never forget being surrounded by Pittsburgh fans at Invesco and being told to get out of "their house" and to keep my mouth shut and sit down at "Heinz Field West". I didn't and almost got into a fight because apparently it's disrespectful to cheer for your team when you're surrounded by opposing fans, even if your team is the home team.

With that, I was more disgusted at my own Broncos fans for selling their tickets to Steelers fans and making Invesco a Terrible Towel Zone for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.

theAPAOps5
02-02-2009, 09:12 AM
I'll never forget being surrounded by Pittsburgh fans at Invesco and being told to get out of "their house" and to keep my mouth shut and sit down at "Heinz Field West". I didn't and almost got into a fight because apparently it's disrespectful to cheer for your team when you're surrounded by opposing fans, even if your team is the home team.

With that, I was more disgusted at my own Broncos fans for selling their tickets to Steelers fans and making Invesco a Terrible Towel Zone for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.

I was in the Club Level that infamous day. I am usually very critical of the fans in that section. But that day it was damn near South Stand like a few times. Saw several Steeler fans become Broncos fans b****es. While they had the last laugh they were very polite and respectful after halftime. Unfortunately those were isolated cases and the rest of the Wine and Cheese section was Steeler loud mouth.

Kid A
02-02-2009, 09:15 AM
I like the Steelers. Maybe it's because do they have a blue collar team. Lots of people think that Broncos fans are snobs and lack social graces except for the "Wine and Cheese" crowd for whom social graces are a way of life.....

Frankly, I am sure the feelings are mutual all around the NFL. There are some players I don't care for, but on the whole, many are pretty good guys. But I agree that many fans can be a bit over the top in douchebaggery......

Yep. As a fan of the sport I love what they represent. The Cowboys may be "America's Team," but that circus doesn't represent any kind of ideal football team in my mind. The Steelers, with their consistently great defense, methodical offense, and organizationally consistent attitude are what you want in a NFL team. Not always flashy, but you know they are going to hit you in the mouth--on both sides of the ball.

They have fans everywhere, so people naturally hate them. Of course they have their share of d-bags, but so does Denver. I was mildly embarrassed to be a Broncos fan when I went to Arrowhead this year and had to sit behind a group of the dumbest, drunkest, loudest, white-trash fans in the stadium (no small achievement), who all happened to be wearing Bronco jerseys. Complaining about a fan base for coming out in huge numbers to every road game is a weak thing to complain about. It's something to be jealous about and try to match.

BroncoFanatic
02-02-2009, 09:16 AM
I lived in Pittsburgh from 1990 - 1995. Love the city of Pittsburgh, love the Penguins.

Hate the Steelers and their fans.

I've lived in Philadelphia since 1995, and I can tolerate Iggles fans far easier than Steelers fans

ElwayMD
02-02-2009, 09:19 AM
It's pretty easy to be cocky when your team has been a playoff contender for oh say the past 14 years. Not to mention that it's the only thing they have in Pittsburgh. Go downtown after 5pm and see how much "action" is going on. I lived in Pittsburgh for 10 years. When all you can identify with is the Steelers it tends to become more like a cult than sports fans. I find most of the behavior is just trying to act like a badass because that's the reputation that the Steelers have. If you talk to them during the off-season most of them are normal folks.

HILife
02-02-2009, 09:25 AM
They are made of poo.

That is all.

My brother and my friend are Pitt fans. I'm a Broncos fan and my other brother is a Redskin fan.....I have NO idea how this all happened.

Spider
02-02-2009, 09:33 AM
I hate everyone ......... that works the best

azbroncfan
02-02-2009, 10:44 AM
What is the unemployment rate and welfare rate of Western PA compared to the rest of the country? It has to be fairly high with houses still selling for under 100K.

ElwayMD
02-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Well you have to understand that in Western, PA there's Pittsburgh and then...nada.

montrose
02-02-2009, 11:38 AM
I was in the Club Level that infamous day. I am usually very critical of the fans in that section. But that day it was damn near South Stand like a few times. Saw several Steeler fans become Broncos fans b****es. While they had the last laugh they were very polite and respectful after halftime. Unfortunately those were isolated cases and the rest of the Wine and Cheese section was Steeler loud mouth.

I wasn't at the AFCCG, but the Sunday night game we won in 2007. After Elam kicked the game winner, they were so pissed I loved it.

What bugs the most is I've seen them in Denver, Baltimore and Washington take over a stadium and not only act like it's their own stadium but try to make the home team fans feel like visitors. I'm a relatively solid 5'10, 240 in the LB mold so I'm not going to get pushed around but I've seen many fans get intimated by their tactics. It's like they really believe every stadium in the NFL belongs to them and if you're cheering for the other team - it's no different than coming into Heinz Field wearing an opposing jersey.

Paladin
02-02-2009, 11:45 AM
I hate everyone ......... that works the best

LOL!!!!

Now there is the social graace I talking 'bout.......

broncosteven
02-02-2009, 02:03 PM
They are made of poo.

That is all.

I was going to start a thread calling Steelgirls punks and thugs but thought better of it. I agree I harbor ill will for them all.

Ninjatime
02-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Do you hate all of them, or the 10-20 million people that bandwagon them?

Spider
02-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Do you hate all of them, or the 10-20 million people that bandwagon them?

I hate em all .99.9% chance I hate you also

Miss I.
02-02-2009, 02:44 PM

ah yes Spider there's the social grace again that Paladin was talking about. Please don't throat punch him okay, blood is a biatch to get out of the OM boards. :curtsey:

Spider
02-02-2009, 02:47 PM
ah yes Spider there's the social grace again that Paladin was talking about. Please don't throat punch him okay, blood is a biatch to get out of the OM boards. :curtsey: ;D having mad people skills is a curse sometimes

Bob's your Information Minister
02-02-2009, 02:47 PM
The Broncos and their fans are made of inferior poo.

Spider
02-02-2009, 02:49 PM
The Broncos and their fans are made of inferior poo.

Bob , I wouldnt piss in your asshole if your guts were on fire

Miss I.
02-02-2009, 02:50 PM
I don't know why but something is making me think of this:
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/driscomy/weird20science.jpg

Atwater His Ass
02-02-2009, 02:50 PM
I don't like Steeler fans either, but you really can't argue with the success they've enjoyed on the field.

Here we are lamenting over championships from 10 years ago, while they've been more than competitive over that time span and just won another ring.

elsid13
02-02-2009, 02:54 PM

Looks like someone missed the Orangemane sensitively seminar. Lucky for you, Pez is holding one in month with focus on puppy dogs, wild flowers and sheep loving.

Spider
02-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Looks like someone missed the Orangemane sensitively seminar. Lucky for you, Pez is holding one in month with focus on puppy dogs, wild flowers and sheep loving.

Last time I went . Pez tried to tell me punching kittens was bad ...... Freaking P.C. hippie

broncosteven
02-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Looks like someone missed the Orangemane sensitively seminar. Lucky for you, Pez is holding one in month with focus on puppy dogs, wild flowers and GENE loving.

Fixed it for you.

elsid13
02-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Fixed it for you.

you are going to the Hotrod Real Man Summer Camp. To much Gene Loving in your genes that we need to beat out of you......

elsid13
02-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Last time I went . Pez tried to tell me punching kittens was bad ...... Freaking P.C. hippie

It all the Zima he drinks....

Inkana7
02-02-2009, 04:51 PM

Yup. This about sums it up. They're rabid, arrogant asses when the Steelers win, and meek, gracious suck ups when the Steelers lose.

They suck.

Will Wayfarer
02-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I don't care for Steeler fans, but I hate Kurt Warner much much more. So, I'm completely satisfied with how the SB turned out.

All non-Bronco fans are terrible, some are more idiotic than others, but they're all equally terrible.

Los Broncos
02-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Back when I would go to a Steeler bar for Bronco games, they gave us the big screen for our games but most of the fans would talk smack.

Almost got into a fight once, would of throat chopped him.

boltaneer
02-02-2009, 05:32 PM
This thread is great!

Tombstone RJ
02-02-2009, 07:35 PM
I don't think I ever gave a **** about how great the packers played in 1998.

but steelers and packers fans really piss me off

I can't stand either fanbase. packers fans think football was invented in green bay, arrogant pricks, same with alot of 49ers fans...

Archer81
02-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Back when I would go to a Steeler bar for Bronco games, they gave us the big screen for our games but most of the fans would talk smack.

Almost got into a fight once, would of throat chopped him.

I got into a fight in highschool over the Broncos when I was in Pitt. Got pegged in the back of the head with an iceball, I cut his lip and gave him a lovely black eye. It worked out. He ended up being a good friend. Who knew?

enjolras
02-02-2009, 08:09 PM
They're far better than Patsies fans, and far preferable to everything Cowboys.

Los Broncos
02-02-2009, 10:34 PM
I got into a fight in highschool over the Broncos when I was in Pitt. Got pegged in the back of the head with an iceball, I cut his lip and gave him a lovely black eye. It worked out. He ended up being a good friend. Who knew?

I have come so close to throwing down many time because of what I was wearing.

But the friends after thing is cool, sometimes you need to have it out before you can be bros with someone, funny how life works sometimes.