PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben or Cutler?

Pages : 1 [2]

JJJ
02-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Big Ben was down 3 with 2 minutes left in the Superbowl with all the momentum going the other way, his primary target hurt, and no running game to speak of. Sorry that was a clutch drive and the guy deserves major props.

Everyone here cites the rings as the only true proof of worthiness and it is. The dude has 2 now and is nails in crunch time. Average QB that you are not scared of through most of the game, definitely. Guy you don't want to have the ball last while protecting a small lead, definitely.

He is the only American football player anyone knows over here in Switzerland because of his Swiss name: Röthlesberger.

~Crash~
02-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Cutler ......... Pitts D won that game ......

Could you imagine Cutler with a real Defense ?;)
:angel:

~Crash~
02-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Big Ben was down 3 with 2 minutes left in the Superbowl with all the momentum going the other way, his primary target hurt, and no running game to speak of. Sorry that was a clutch drive and the guy deserves major props.

Everyone here cites the rings as the only true proof of worthiness and it is. The dude has 2 now and is nails in crunch time. Average QB that you are not scared of through most of the game, definitely. Guy you don't want to have the ball last while protecting a small lead, definitely.

He is the only American football player anyone knows over here in Switzerland because of his Swiss name: Röthlesberger.

good becase he take second to cutler for me -I

BroncoMan4ever
02-06-2009, 01:43 AM
So the team that lost it's last 3 games, and averaged 18 points in those losses, was going to put up 39 points and lose by only 1 against a team that almost won the Super Bowl? It's great that you think so highly of Denver's offense but unfortunately those thoughts are not very reality based. This team couldn't beat Buffalo at home and then got blown out by the Chargers but you have them competing in the Super Bowl. That's good stuff.

he was right. had it been Denver versus Arizona. Jay would have led his offense to at least 10 more than the 20 points Ben did, and Denver still would have lost because the defense would allow the Cardinals to drop 50 on them.

jay is the only reason we won anything this year. Ben just happened to be the QB of a team that's defense won games.

BroncoMan4ever
02-06-2009, 01:48 AM

Can you imagine Cutler with even a middle of the pack defense? Cutler just needs a defense that can hold the opposition to 21 a game. we don't need a record breaking defense, or one that only allows 13 points a game. a 1 TD less average allowed by our defense this season and we would have gone 11-5 and made the playoffs.

Ben is the opposite. Give him a middle of the pack defense and he is lucky to finish the season 8-8.

snowspot66
02-06-2009, 04:48 AM
So the team that lost it's last 3 games, and averaged 18 points in those losses, was going to put up 39 points and lose by only 1 against a team that almost won the Super Bowl? It's great that you think so highly of Denver's offense but unfortunately those thoughts are not very reality based. This team couldn't beat Buffalo at home and then got blown out by the Chargers but you have them competing in the Super Bowl. That's good stuff.

I have them competing in the Super Bowl? Way to put words into my mouth. I never said anything like that. I just said if we played the Cardinals that's how the game would have played out. But you know it's true that if we played the Cardinals it would have been a shootout and we would have lost because of our defense.

GoBroncos DownUnder
02-06-2009, 05:13 AM

Agreed, but you HAVE TO admit, of Ben's 2 SB victories:
The second was Elway-esque, :notworthy while
the First was more Dilfer-esque!!! ROFL!

TonyR
02-06-2009, 06:49 AM
But you know it's true that if we played the Cardinals it would have been a shootout...

No, frankly I don't know that it's true. The Broncos team as it was at the end of this season vs. the Cardinals team as it was at the end of this season would have resulted in a blowout. They were playing really well on both sides of the ball, particularly on offense, and we weren't. They would have beat us like a drum, worse than the Chargers did. What team were you watching at the end of the year to even begin to suggest otherwise? You're not keeping it real. I love the Broncos but you have to be a bit more rational about this.

Spider
02-06-2009, 06:59 AM

talk about scary good .........

colonelbeef
02-06-2009, 08:02 AM

I agree with your points about Ben, but rings are not the only true proof of worthiness as far as QB's go. Takes a team effort and some luck injury-wise to get that done.

All you need to know is that Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were SB champs, yet Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, Dan Fouts, and Fran Tarkenton were not.

snowspot66
02-06-2009, 08:07 AM
No, frankly I don't know that it's true. The Broncos team as it was at the end of this season vs. the Cardinals team as it was at the end of this season would have resulted in a blowout. They were playing really well on both sides of the ball, particularly on offense, and we weren't. They would have beat us like a drum, worse than the Chargers did. What team were you watching at the end of the year to even begin to suggest otherwise? You're not keeping it real. I love the Broncos but you have to be a bit more rational about this.

The Cardinals had some blowouts of their own at the end of the year too. Arguably worse than ours. They only turned it on enough for the playoffs.

400HZ
02-06-2009, 08:18 AM
The Cardinals had some blowouts of their own at the end of the year too. Arguably worse than ours. They only turned it on enough for the playoffs.

They had blowouts after they had clinched their division, not as they were pissing the division down their leg.

vancejohnson82
02-06-2009, 08:38 AM
They had blowouts after they had clinched their division, not as they were pissing the division down their leg.

thats cute...I hope you have dreams of Santonio Holmes hopping over Charger defenders until September

400HZ
02-06-2009, 09:56 AM
thats cute...I hope you have dreams of Santonio Holmes hopping over Charger defenders until September

At least I have current playoff nightmares. ;D

GoBroncos DownUnder
02-06-2009, 10:42 AM
What do you mean? ALL your playoffs ended in nightmares!!:rofl:
LOSER!;D

snowspot66
02-06-2009, 12:33 PM

They would have been blowouts even if they hadn't clinched. Clinching the NFC West is even less prestigious than the AFC West even in it's current state.

vancejohnson82
02-06-2009, 12:37 PM

well, the last nightmare I had about the playoffs had Champ Bailey dropping a pick 6 in the AFC CHampionship game in '05...and then the subsequent undressing of our team from there on out

it still goes on in my head

TonyR
02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
...and then the subsequent undressing of our team from there on out...

And coincidentally, do you remember who did the undressing? QB by the name of Ben Roethlisberger...

snowspot66
02-06-2009, 03:04 PM
And coincidentally, do you remember who did the undressing? QB by the name of Ben Roethlisberger...

Who threw three balls in that game that should have been picked if I remember right. Not just a defender was there but a defender just plain dropped it.

But it got us Cutler in the end so it's all good.

Circle Orange
02-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Ben R. is the new Brady. He's a guy that football fans will call average for many years until there's just so much data you can't ignore it any longer.

He's probably a future HOF QB and yet another example that big, fancy stats mean jack ****.

Big Ben is good, but I'm starting to think a dancing chimp could win a SB with that organization. And why is it the last two appearances have had controversy and funky stuff?

That being said, Ben does have pretty nice knees. :rofl:

Mushmouth
03-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Don't you all feel pretty stupid now? Cutler 137 votes to 44. What a bunch of retards.
Facking tards, the lot of you.
"Oh Cutler's better!" Yeah, whiny baby b**** Cutler. Wow, what a bunch of brain dead, dumbass idiots you are.
DUMBASSES.

Mushmouth
03-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Dumbasses8')

azbroncfan
03-03-2009, 08:07 PM

They gave up 56, 48, 47, 37 pts. They weren't all with division clinched either.