PDA

View Full Version : What I want to see from the Broncos franchise.

HEAV
02-01-2009, 08:30 PM
I want to see the BRONCOS in the Super Bowl in 2-3 years and be a franchise that people want to see play on Sundays.

Young coach, young quarterback... it's set. Just need the defense, the attitude and the tougness brought back to this soft team.

It can happen BRONCOS fans!

lex
02-01-2009, 08:31 PM
We need a runnig game too.

Gcver2ver3
02-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I want to see the BRONCOS in the Super Bowl in 2-3 years and be a franchise that people want to see play on Sundays.

Young coach, young quarterback... it's set. Just need the defense, the attitude and the tougness brought back to this soft team.

i believe...

theAPAOps5
02-01-2009, 08:39 PM
So as I watch yet another SB without the Orange and Blue I wonder when will be our turn again. I hope sooner than later. In a perfect world I hope the new Defensive coaches can turn some of our near busts like Moss and Crowder into serviceable players and get a few pieces and make a run.

Will it happen probably not but I still think McD and the staff are going to make a difference.

Spider
02-01-2009, 08:41 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of big boobed cheerleaders , but this will work .....

NFLBRONCO
02-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Just need the defense, the attitude and the tougness brought back to this soft team. It can happen BRONCOS fans!

I'd love a tough team

HEAV
02-01-2009, 08:45 PM
So as I watch yet another SB without the Orange and Blue I wonder when will be our turn again. I hope sooner than later. In a perfect world I hope the new Defensive coaches can turn some of our near busts like Moss and Crowder into serviceable players and get a few pieces and make a run.

Will it happen probably not but I still think McD and the staff are going to make a difference.

I feel more confident now in the BRONCOS than I have in the last 3 years.

Josh is going to get us back to being a franchise that teams hate/fear playing.

I have alot of faith in Nolan turning this defense around.

Will be back, we will be back!

theAPAOps5
02-01-2009, 08:48 PM
I feel more confident now in the BRONCOS than I have in the last 3 years.

Josh is going to get us back to being a franchise that teams hate/fear playing.

I have alot of faith in Nolan turning this defense around.

Will be back, we will be back!

You know I feel the same way. I like what McD has brought in. I can't wait to see what the draft and FA brings.

Fusionfrontman
02-01-2009, 08:52 PM
I feel it too. After seeing this TOUGH team...mentally as well as physically win another SB, I think if we get tough, we will be there in 2 years. I hope the players hate Mickey-D the first half of the season and then realize when we are 8-2 that he is amazing.

HEAV
02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I feel it too. After seeing this TOUGH team...mentally as well as physically win another SB, I think if we get tough, we will be there in 2 years. I hope the players hate Mickey-D the first half of the season and then realize when we are 8-2 that he is amazing.

Mike Tomlin was hard on the Steelers in training camp his first year (2007) and that set the tone last year. He wasn't playing any games or going to let those guys think that since Cowher was gone that it was party time.

This year he eased it back alittle in Camp (except for Hampton) and let the team leaders crack the whip on the other guys.

I want to see Josh McDaddy come in and kick the crap outta these guys this summer. Let's find out who really wants to be a BRONCO and who is just here for a check.

Fusionfrontman
02-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Mike Tomlin was hard on the Steelers in training camp his first year (2007) and that set the tone last year. He wasn't playing any games or going to let those guys think that since Cowher was gone that it was party time.

This year he eased it back alittle in Camp (except for Hampton) and let the team leaders crack the whip on the other guys.

I want to see Josh McDaddy come in and kick the crap outta these guys this summer. Let's find out who really wants to be a BRONCO and who is just here for a check.

Right on brother...right on

Florida_Bronco
02-01-2009, 09:18 PM

Not to split hairs, but that mentally tough team made some big mental mistakes that nearly cost them the game.

HEAV
02-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Not to split hairs, but that mentally tough team made some big mental mistakes that nearly cost them the game.

At the end you find a way to win.

Rock Chalk
02-01-2009, 09:22 PM
I hope McKid works out. Im certainly not a fan of Nolan but Im cautiously optimistic than in 5-10 years we will be contenders again :)

lookin' glass
02-01-2009, 09:24 PM
How many of you buy the 'A team is a reflection of their coach' philosophy?
What does McD bring to this equation?

Florida_Bronco
02-01-2009, 09:30 PM
At the end you find a way to win.

Lots of times that don't happen.

rovolution
02-01-2009, 09:40 PM
too bad we have the worst defense in football.

Tomlin had something to work with when he came to the Steelers.

theAPAOps5
02-01-2009, 09:41 PM
I hope McKid works out. Im certainly not a fan of Nolan but Im cautiously optimistic than in 5-10 years we will be contenders again :)

I agree on the Nolan part. But what makes me excited is who he brought in under Nolan. He took the DL coach from SD, who developed a stellar 3-4 line and the LB coach from the Raiders who had one of the better LBs in the league.

He has surrounded himself with really good coaches. Thats what true leaders do. They aren't afraid to surround themselves with staff who compliment their short comings.

Florida_Bronco
02-01-2009, 09:42 PM
too bad we have the worst defense in football.

Tomlin had something to work with when he came to the Steelers.

I think our defense will improve significantly just with decent coaching. There is talent there, we just need to make it work.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
we need a RB and a Defense before we will compete.

if we get a RB we can get by with a middle of the pack defense, if we don't we need a top 10 defense.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2009, 10:08 PM

if that's the case, goodbye to the entire defense, minus Wodyard, Larsen, Barrett, Doom and Champ.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2009, 10:10 PM

i agree. i want our players to hate the coaches, but respect them. i want a Tom Coughlin type of atmosphere between our coaches and players. The players hate him, but respect and work their asses of for him.

Paladin
02-01-2009, 10:10 PM
I agree on the Nolan part. But what makes me excited is who he brought in under Nolan. He took the DL coach from SD, who developed a stellar 3-4 line and the LB coach from the Raiders who had one of the better LBs in the league.

He has surrounded himself with really good coaches. Thats what true leaders do. They aren't afraid to surround themselves with staff who compliment their short comings.

You knoiw, the same thing is true in the business world. I hired people who were younger and smarter than me.

The motherf***ers outsmarted me.............

NFLBRONCO
02-01-2009, 10:12 PM

Something I wished Mike would have done better.

BroncoDoug
02-01-2009, 10:12 PM

Signed,

Every NFL team...minus the steelers

Florida_Bronco
02-01-2009, 10:29 PM
i agree. i want our players to hate the coaches, but respect them. i want a Tom Coughlin type of atmosphere between our coaches and players. The players hate him, but respect and work their asses of for him.

We don't want something to that extreme. Coughlin takes it too far a lot of times.

BroncoMan4ever
02-02-2009, 03:48 AM
We don't want something to that extreme. Coughlin takes it too far a lot of times.

true, but he has his players playing at the highest level they can, and a lot of them hate his ass but respect and work for him.

i am not saying i want the animosity he brings, but i would like to have coaches who will put a player in his place, whether he is a pro bowler or an undrafted FA. too long we have had coaches who were soft, it is time we brought in some hard mother****ers, and i personally am going to enjoy watching Nolan screaming at players and pacing the sidelines this season.

cutthemdown
02-02-2009, 04:14 AM
I want to see Broncos start cultivating a more physical team. Did you see how mean Pitt's defense is? I would fight the whole Broncos defense before I would take on that linebacker Harrison on pitt. We are friggin soft and pathetic. It's like our defense doesn't even play in the same league as Pitt does. Our players should be ashamed. I wouldn't even be afraid to get hit by most of those pansies we roll out there. They don't scare or intimidate anyone.

Dedhed
02-02-2009, 04:21 AM
I want to see a 3-4 defense and a little anger on that side of the ball. Watching Pitt's D makes us look like a bunch of Nancys out there. The Steelers' punter is tougher than our nastiest defender, and we don't have a single guy who I would classify as being "nasty".

cutthemdown
02-02-2009, 04:31 AM
I want to see a 3-4 defense and a little anger on that side of the ball. Watching Pitt's D makes us look like a bunch of Nancys out there. The Steelers' punter is tougher than our nastiest defender, and we don't have a single guy who I would classify as being "nasty".

Yep!!!

Seriously would you be afraid to put on pads and try one or 2 running plays against Broncos? I know I wouldn't have a chance to break even one tackle but i picture them being nice to me and lightly putting me on my ass.

You couldn't pay me enough to run at the Steelers. They would break my back, tear of my head and let the punter use it to warm up with. Those dudes are mean, nasty and take no prisoners.

our defense gets pushed around, scares no one, and plays like a bunch of pansies.

cutthemdown
02-02-2009, 04:34 AM
4-3 3-4 doesn't matter to me. A good 4-3 defense with 2 big DT, 2 big DE, and a fast small group of linebackers is also a proven defense.

Many of the most dominant defenses have been 4-3.

True we have had some good 3-4 recently but really both systems can work.

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2009, 06:58 AM
true, but he has his players playing at the highest level they can, and a lot of them hate his ass but respect and work for him.

i am not saying i want the animosity he brings, but i would like to have coaches who will put a player in his place, whether he is a pro bowler or an undrafted FA. too long we have had coaches who were soft, it is time we brought in some hard mother****ers, and i personally am going to enjoy watching Nolan screaming at players and pacing the sidelines this season.

you know Denver had that in mike shanahan. Mike's dog house was legendary... im sure you all remember. just to show you what i am talking about. The fumbles...There was something amiss this org the last couple years. i am sure it was a lot things. and i think the biggest was mike and his ego. I was listening to 104.3 last night and they were talking about how important a qualified GM makes a franchise and i wholey blieve it

Which is what scares me. This team has not brought alot of talent in here lately unless you count the last 1-3 years. Im not sold on our GM right now. but well find out how we draft this year.

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2009, 07:02 AM
4-3 3-4 doesn't matter to me. A good 4-3 defense with 2 big DT, 2 big DE, and a fast small group of linebackers is also a proven defense.

Many of the most dominant defenses have been 4-3.

True we have had some good 3-4 recently but really both systems can work.

I aggree to a degree. you have to look at what the colleges are putting out as far as talent. Obviously, and how youngers guys are evolveing.

I really do wish we would stay 4-3 with a little bit of 3-4 looks. Due to all the possiblities. and what that would take is first and foremost look at how well players can digest and learn multiple systems.

I would rank it like this if you are looking for players in denvers new world

1. Intellegance
2. Ability
3. Character

cutthemdown
02-02-2009, 07:30 AM
I aggree to a degree. you have to look at what the colleges are putting out as far as talent. Obviously, and how youngers guys are evolveing.

I really do wish we would stay 4-3 with a little bit of 3-4 looks. Due to all the possiblities. and what that would take is first and foremost look at how well players can digest and learn multiple systems.

I would rank it like this if you are looking for players in denvers new world

1. Intellegance
2. Ability
3. Character

I think 3-4 is popular because it's easier to find 265 pound pass rushers OLB/DE then it is 285 pound Dends that can play run and pass. You know guys like Richard Dent, Bruce Smith etc.

I would rate the players like this.

Ability
Toughness
Intelligence

IMO you don't have to have high character to be a great football player. I'm looking for mean nasty players not someone to date my sister.

Kaylore
02-02-2009, 09:37 AM
It's definitely possible. It was time for Shanahan to go. Things were so stale around Dove Valley and a fresh perspective was needed. I feel good about the defensive staff and I have all the confidence in our FO. McDaniels is talented but outside of Dennison and Turner, the rest of the offensive staff doesn't do much for me. We'll see.

I agree with CTD that our team needs to be a physical team. I'm tired of tiny "athletic" linebackers (that aren't even that athletic) that can't shed blocks or rush the passer, and who don't even make any plays in the passing game that their speed is supposed to assist with. I'm tired of seeing us develop premiere defensive linemen only to see them leave for other teams that make the playoffs. I'm tired of seeing our team get obliterated by injuries every year. I'm tired of seeing our defense fold like a tent in the fourth quarter. I'm tired of seeing Jay and the offense have to put up 30 points to have a shot at winning. I'm tired of our special teams looking retarded.

I really hope the fresh perspective in Dove Valley brings some change.

cmhargrove
02-02-2009, 10:20 AM
It's definitely possible. It was time for Shanahan to go. Things were so stale around Dove Valley and a fresh perspective was needed. I feel good about the defensive staff and I have all the confidence in our FO. McDaniels is talented but outside of Dennison and Turner, the rest of the offensive staff doesn't do much for me. We'll see.

I agree with CTD that our team needs to be a physical team. I'm tired of tiny "athletic" linebackers (that aren't even that athletic) that can't shed blocks or rush the passer, and who don't even make any plays in the passing game that their speed is supposed to assist with. I'm tired of seeing us develop premiere defensive linemen only to see them leave for other teams that make the playoffs. I'm tired of seeing our team get obliterated by injuries every year. I'm tired of seeing our defense fold like a tent in the fourth quarter. I'm tired of seeing Jay and the offense have to put up 30 points to have a shot at winning. I'm tired of our special teams looking retarded.

Agreed.

I think we look at the coaches to set the tone for the team.

1. Nolan demands hard work.
2. Nunnely has a greta track record of developing hard-working mean linemen.
3. I like the way Martindale developed his LB's for the Raiders.

All three guys seems demanding of their players, no softies on that list.

listopencil
02-02-2009, 12:28 PM
We have a RB. Hillis.

We need NT, MLB and Safety help. Our D has rotted from the inside out.

TheReverend
02-02-2009, 12:36 PM

Bolded for truth!

montrose
02-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Bolded for truth!

The key thing he wrote was they weren't even that athletic. Speedy guys like Sproles and Bush made us look slow while power backs like LJ ran us over.

rovolution
02-02-2009, 04:38 PM

amen brotha. preach

Hogan11
02-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Tough and nasty without being selfish and stupid.....it's a tall order, but it can be done. Choose wisely.

cutthemdown
02-02-2009, 10:58 PM
The key thing he wrote was they weren't even that athletic. Speedy guys like Sproles and Bush made us look slow while power backs like LJ ran us over.

The Broncos level of talent has sunk so low on defense it's hard to judge them. We may have 3-4 good players out there but because the other 7-8 are total scrubs they can't make plays.

For example it's hard for a CB to make plays when QB gets all day to throw and is never once worried about his health.

It's hard for linebackers to make plays when the dline lets olineman get to second level and block them, or let's running backs burst through the LOS with a full head of steam.

On the dline its hard to make plays when there isnt anyone on the line that demands a double team.