PDA

View Full Version : Way to rip off rings, NFL

TheReverend
02-01-2009, 07:29 PM
One trophy gone. Leinart NEEDS to take over this season before investment is completely lost, and the refs completely bargained the lombardi trophy away to the steelers. Whoever disagrees is blind. This is a tragedy. Write the commissioner. Write whoever you can. The crew was horrid. The game was horrid. The "large market" was fixed. Again. (Remember Pitt vs Sea).

How sad.

The sport we love is a pseudo-sport.

HEAV
02-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Your madness outweights your stats every time.

Steelers earned this Title.

Inkana7
02-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Your madness outweights your stats every time.

Steelers earned this Title.

Psh. Okay. Look at the penalty ratio their last two Super Bowls.

Ninjatime
02-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Way to not stop Pittsburgh on the final drive of the games reffs. You should have penalized them or something so they couldnt score.

extralife
02-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Recall the Steelers had a game winning first down turned into a safety in this game. I don't like the Steelers, but the penalties cut both ways this time.

theAPAOps5
02-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Heav there were some very questionable calls. Take away the holding calls by Gandy as they all were warranted and there were some head scratchers. I am not going as far to say it was fixed but it seemed very lopsided in the calls for most the came. And Harrison should have been kicked out of the game as well as Hines Ward. Both players threw punches as defined by the rules.

Steelers made plays I won't argue that. Just seemed iffy on some of those calls against the Cardinals.

Popps
02-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Didn't the refs call the rare safety in the endzone holding that gave Arizona a chance to win the game?

If Arizona's D makes a stop, the game is over and they win.

Not saying the refs had a great game, and I watched it with friends so maybe I missed something, but I thought Arizona had every chance to win the game.

HEAV
02-01-2009, 07:41 PM
As BRONCOS fan's we have no (Zero) room too talk about getting calls.

Steelers and Cards played their respective asses off tonight.

Two years ago I hated the Steelers super bowl win. But tonight the Steelers earned it.

theAPAOps5
02-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Popps it had nothing to do with Arizonas defense. Ben made a perfect throw nothing stops that.

I think the biggest question from this game will be why didn't they at least review the last play. It was more questionable than other booth reviews.

Ninjatime
02-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Recall the Steelers had a game winning first down turned into a safety in this game. I don't like the Steelers, but the penalties cut both ways this time.

I agree. Glad to see a couple people that arnt in a NFLISFIXED frenzy.

Finger Roll
02-01-2009, 07:45 PM
I was rooting really hard for Arizona but the defense blew it big time. No excuses they should be ashamed of themselves. And I'm sick of fans blaming games on refs. Do you really think the NFL needs to fix games to get ratings up like the NBA? Risk losing credibilty?

spdirty
02-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I was so pissed off I left the super bowl party I was at (me and my old man) just to go home. Didnt wanna watch anymore of the WWE refs. Then I had to speed home to catch the last few minutes.

All said and done though, cards shouldve won...all came fown to that last play of the first half. Other than that the Cards thoroughly outplayed em.

NFLBRONCO
02-01-2009, 07:51 PM
I was rooting really hard for Arizona but the defense blew it big time. No excuses they should be ashamed of themselves. And I'm sick of fans blaming games on refs. Do you really think the NFL needs to fix games to get ratings up like the NBA? Risk losing credibilty?

While I respect everyone who voiced their opinion on this thread. I agree with you F Roll it does get old fans are sounding like the Spurs and Cuban after every big game if calls don't go their way. Arizona had a chance to stop them they couldn't. Yes they had bad calls they should have never called but, that's part of the game.

Pseudofool
02-01-2009, 07:52 PM
I couldn't believe some of the Terrible Towels thrown AZ way. Esp. that attacking the holder bs; what was that all about?

Br0nc0Buster
02-01-2009, 07:55 PM
There were some questionable calls
With that said Arizona had a chance to win and did not get it done

If Warner doesnt throw that pick 6 before half Cards win

Rock Chalk
02-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Didn't the refs call the rare safety in the endzone holding that gave Arizona a chance to win the game?

Not saying the refs had a great game, and I watched it with friends so maybe I missed something, but I thought Arizona had every chance to win the game.

They did have every chance and that was DESPITE the ref's.

That's just it Popps. Its why I think some of the people are upset. The last two ****tsburgh Superbowls had some very questional officiating.

Taylor and Harrison both should have been ejected from the game. The running into the Holder penalty was bull as the Cardinal was tripping over a Steeler as he was falling forward and the contact was purely incidental, unintentional and unavoidable not to mention there was no danger to the holder.

Id complain more if I thought the officiating was bad enough to affect the end result but it really didnt. Warner made one bad play that essentially cost them the game. He was otherwise terrific and Arizona outplayed the Squeelers throughout the game.

Id give Arizona the trophy 7 times out of 10 in this. I really thought they were the best team, they just got beat tonight is all.

theAPAOps5
02-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I woke my daughter up screaming about that holder call. And Harrison's cheating bitch ass should have been tossed. Even Madden who rarely calls out players in the game said he should be tossed. It was weak.

loborugger
02-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Two years ago I hated the Steelers super bowl win. But tonight the Steelers earned it.

Ya, I'd agree with that.

Popps
02-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Id complain more if I thought the officiating was bad enough to affect the end result but it really didnt. Warner made one bad play that essentially cost them the game..

That was a heck of a run-back on Pitt's part, too. That' the thing... defensive talent just finds a way to win games. Tipped balls leading to INTs, sacks on crucial drives... etc.

I think if this game is played 10 times, Pittsburgh wins 7. But, that's just because I buy into their model. Big defense, nasty players, the ability to run the ball and a QB who can take care of business.

Arizona is pretty to watch in the passing game and Fitzgerald is an absolute freak, but I think the better team won tonight.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Pitt has won the most SBs. They just build around the proper model, imo.

Ninjatime
02-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Yay. People agree with me! They agree with you too Rev, they're just agreeing with your previous statements!

Rock Chalk
02-01-2009, 08:09 PM

Yeah they called a good penalty. Not all the calls were bad Popps. Some went against Zona, some didnt. Like I said, I dont think the calls were bad enough to affect the outcome of the game. But the questional nature of two straight Squeeler superbowls is enough to make people wonder with reason IMO.

And Arizona's D didnt blow it. Pittsburgh made some great plays. Zona's D would have blew it had they played prevent, but they kept attacking. Pitt just made the plays on the last drive. Kudo's to them.

ZachKC
02-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Steelers are Superbowl Champions this year...and earned it every step of the way.

Taco John
02-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I didn't like the officiating in the Steelers/Seahawks game. I thought the Seahawks got jobbed. I didn't feel that way about Arizona tonight. They had plenty of opportunities. In the end, I feel like the best team won.

Rock Chalk
02-01-2009, 08:19 PM
I didn't like the officiating in the Steelers/Seahawks game. I thought the Seahawks got jobbed. I didn't feel that way about Arizona tonight. They had plenty of opportunities. In the end, I feel like the best team won.

Not me. I think Pittsburgh deserved the win but I think 7 out of 10 times Zona wins teh game.

Kinda like last year. NE was the better team, they just didnt win the game that mattered most. But 9 times out of 10 I bet NE would have won that game.

tsiguy96
02-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Steelers are Superbowl Champions this year...and earned it every step of the way.

cant deny that. toughest schedule in the NFL and still come out on top. that said, i think big ben is slightly overrated. "he wins" is not always attributed to the QB when you have a consistent top 3 defense.

HooptyHoops
02-01-2009, 08:26 PM
I started to question after that 'ruffing the passer' call that lead to the TD, but the Stellers actually made the plays to win the game. But, did you guys see Warners stat line...crazy!!

ZachKC
02-01-2009, 08:27 PM
cant deny that. toughest schedule in the NFL and still come out on top. that said, i think big ben is slightly overrated. "he wins" is not always attributed to the QB when you have a consistent top 3 defense.

This is cliche but it seems to ring true...when you need him to make something happen he does. He finds the right person at the right time. That is a credit to the talent around him as well but someone is distributing that ball really really well.

Florida_Bronco
02-01-2009, 08:28 PM
As BRONCOS fan's we have no (Zero) room too talk about getting calls.

You're a tool.

ZachKC
02-01-2009, 08:48 PM
You're a tool.

Damn, is he not on the much talked about FB "respected football poster" list?

snowspot66
02-01-2009, 08:50 PM
The only issue I have is the no review of that last play. That put a big fat sour note on the end of the game. I could live with the Steelers winning but to not even finish the game properly is complete ****. EVERY close call like that is reviewed. Why not in the Superbowl of all games?

Taco John
02-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Not me. I think Pittsburgh deserved the win but I think 7 out of 10 times Zona wins teh game.

I definitely don't believe that. If the Steelers would have scored a touchdown instead of a field goal there in the third quarter, the game would have been over then. That's exactly where I thought that this game would be in the third quarter.

I think the Steelers let up and found themselves in a game in the fourth quarter.

I would take the Steelers in exactly the opposite of what you said: Steelers 70%-Arizona 30%.

Florida_Bronco
02-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Damn, is he not on the much talked about FB "respected football poster" list?

I think you're confusing him with Drek. HEAV was a really good poster awhile back until he started to act more like Wolfe.

ZachKC
02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I think you're confusing him with Drek. HEAV was a really good poster awhile back until he started to act more like Wolfe.

So he IS on the list of lists?

Spider
02-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I definitely don't believe that. If the Steelers would have scored a touchdown instead of a field goal there in the third quarter, the game would have been over then. That's exactly where I thought that this game would be in the third quarter.

I think the Steelers let up and found themselves in a game in the fourth quarter.

I would take the Steelers in exactly the opposite of what you said: Steelers 70%-Arizona 30%.

I dont , 70-30 Cards , Wizenhunt started catching on to the steelers but a little to late ....Cards made some real nice adjustment , steelers not so much ...

Florida_Bronco
02-01-2009, 08:59 PM
So he IS on the list of lists?

Can you read? Maybe you should go back and try again.

ZachKC
02-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Can you read? Maybe you should go back and try again.

Maybe you should just post your list. So everyone can know who is and isn't worthy of posting on OrangeMane.

Florida_Bronco
02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Maybe you should just post your list. So everyone can know who is and isn't worthy of posting on OrangeMane.

You wouldn't make the cut.

Broncoman13
02-01-2009, 09:03 PM
The calls evened out in the 2nd half but the first half was horribly officiated. I was pulling for the underdog and thought the underdog got hosed on a bunch of calls. And, from what I saw tonight, the best team did not win. The Steelers were out played but true to their MO they won ugly. I hate the Steelers as a whole but Mike Tomlin is sure fun to listen to. Easily one of my favorite coaches in the NFL.

BroncoMan4ever
02-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Popps it had nothing to do with Arizonas defense. Ben made a perfect throw nothing stops that.

I think the biggest question from this game will be why didn't they at least review the last play. It was more questionable than other booth reviews.

i think Holmes deserves more credit on that catch. it was incredible that he was able to keep his feet in bounds, but it was a great throw with 3 Cards covering.

ZachKC
02-01-2009, 09:05 PM

Oh snap!

Ninjatime
02-01-2009, 09:17 PM

Would I?

Florida_Bronco
02-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Would I?

This is the first I remember seeing you post. 8')

SouthStndJunkie
02-01-2009, 09:25 PM

I agree....they called that holding penalty for a safety and then on Pittsburgh's last drive they called another holding penalty to put the Steelers in a 1st and 20 hole.

If the fix was in, those 2 calls would not have been made.

lazarus4444
02-02-2009, 05:34 PM
I was wishing that they used that one referee crew that rarely calls any penalties for the super bowl. I love it when the refs let them play and only call very obvious fouls. Unfortunately, this crew wasn't the one I would like to have reffed the game, oh well.