PDA

View Full Version : The official super duper superbowl thread ( leave your underwear at the door)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

cabronco
02-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Why didn't they review that last play?

Bull****.

Al Michaels said they were going to , then 2 milliseconds later Pitts. wins. ?

Ninjatime
02-01-2009, 08:31 PM
What about the dozen extra absurd penalties outside one Harrison play?

Guys… can we slow down and get a little realistic here? Not to excuse a blown call by the officials, but does anyone care if San Diego stops them on 3rd or 4th down, or for the 2 point conversion? Did the Chargers make some great play that I missed or did the ball just pop out of Jay’s hand? People are acting like situations like this don’t happen EVERY game. Let’s take last night’s game for example. Why aren’t people banging doors down on the blown Pass Interference call that gave the Eagles the ball on the 1, when it should’ve been offensive PI? Answer: Because the Cowboys won in spite of the call and it wasn’t in the waning seconds. If that call happens with 00:12 seconds on the clock and the Eagles win it, those refs are on the execution block with Hochuli, but it didn’t, so Hochuli’s on the stand alone. Nevermind the flagrantly illegal blocks to the back that weren’t called on both Sproles kick return TD and his TD scamper. As the league office says, “Calls even themselves out”. As the great coaches say, “Great teams find a way to win”.

In summary, Norv and the Chargers could be best served by the “immortal words” of Fergie (sarcasm button off, now), “Big girls don’t cry.”

Yar.

gunns
02-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I know a lot of people wont agree with this, but the best player on the field was probably Warner. He moved the team by throwing to Breaston and guys not named Boldin or Fitzgerald. When Arizona was down 20-7, many thought Fixburghs defense was too good for Arizona to come back. You had people on here saying good defense beats good offense and what not. Except, for Arizona did come back.

I still think it should have been Harrison but I agree with what you are saying about Warner, but not about defenses. Been watching football for almost 45 years and offense STILL wins games and defense STILL wins championships. I thought if Arizona's defense picked it up even more than they had in the playoffs they could win. They should have stopped Pitt on that last drive. But in the end it was Pittsburgh's D and Harrison in particular that won that game.

SouthStndJunkie
02-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Larry Fitzgerald ended up with 30 catches for 546 yards and 7 TDs in the playoffs.

If you add his regular season and playoff stats together:

126 catches for 1977 yards and 19 TDs.

Inkana7
02-01-2009, 09:23 PM
That's incredible.

DBroncos4life
02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Larry Fitzgerald ended up with 30 catches for 546 yards and 7 TDs in the playoffs.

If you add his regular season and playoff stats together:

126 catches for 1977 yards and 19 TDs.

and he is willing to take a pay cut to keep other talent around him. Others should learn from him.