PDA

View Full Version : The Boss

Dagmar
02-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Anyone going on April 10th?

I believe he has a small concert this afternoon...

The Boss = :thanku: :thanku: :thanku: :thanku: :thanku: :thanku: :thanku:

Dagmar
02-01-2009, 08:47 AM
His new album http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/bruce_working_cover_14452.jpg

Dagmar
02-01-2009, 08:49 AM
http://www.timeout.com/chicago/resizeImage/htdocs/export_images/138/138.x600.music.springsteen.rev.jpg

http://media.npr.org/blogs/bryantpark/images/2007/10/springsteen.jpg

http://www.popstarsplus.com/images/BruceSpringsteenPicture.jpg

The best part of today!!!!!!!!!!! :pimp:

Pseudofool
02-01-2009, 08:53 AM
I heard the Steelers and Cards are opening for him today; should be a good show.

Dagmar
02-01-2009, 08:57 AM
I heard the Steelers and Cards are opening for him today; should be a good show.

The Cardinals? The Steelers? Wow, they better put on a decent show, I've heard this Bruce guy is pretty good.

12 minutes of utter joy.

bowtown
02-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Meh, he's too injury prone for my taste. As long as he keeps Champ happy though, I guess.

Dagmar
02-01-2009, 09:10 AM
http://www.pointblankmag.com/rising3.jpg

Dagmar
02-01-2009, 09:13 AM
http://blogs.trb.com/news/politics/blog/Springsteen-thumb

Dagmar
02-01-2009, 09:13 AM
http://206.47.170.43/music_v1_1/images/bruce-springsteen-pogal-400.jpg

Dagmar
02-01-2009, 09:14 AM
The Boss = better than everything!

gunns
02-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Just not a fan. Don't dislike him but he reminds me of Bob Dylan, can't sing, but great lyrics

Spider
02-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Just not a fan. Don't dislike him but he reminds me of Bob Dylan, can't sing, but great lyrics

he has a few songs out I like , he is brilliant , but I just cant more then 15 minutes of the Boss channel on Sirus ........
Glory Days , Pink Cadillac, Born in the USA , I'm on fire ,Dancin in the Dark ......

Inkana7
02-01-2009, 10:06 AM
"Thunder Road" is brilliant.

BarefootKicker
02-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Best. Album. Ever.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xEKcUm4jkbU/R960EZW5B2I/AAAAAAAADvI/tJwA_urwCag/s400/bruce_springsteen_-_nebraska-front.jpg

Archer81
02-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Boss my ass. More like over the hill hack.

But whatever floats your boat.

:Broncos:

SouthStndJunkie
02-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Bruce Springsteen sucks and I don't care about his political views one way or the other.

I would rather listen to a room full of 6th grade kids on crack playing recorder instruments than hear Bruce Springsteen play in concert.

Hogan11
02-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Not a Boss fan at all but it could be much worse.....they could have U2 back on again.

Dagmar
02-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Yawn. You hate him, but are so self important...

Enjoy your life listening to Britney and T.I.

Spider
02-01-2009, 11:14 AM

LOL oops I farted again ...... I dont know who T.I. is though

gunns
02-01-2009, 11:23 AM
LOL oops I farted again ...... I dont know who T.I. is though

I didn't either till my daughter went to a concert of his the other night. Sorry Rusty, I'll take Led Zeppelin, or as a one man show, Al Green.

SouthStndJunkie
02-01-2009, 11:27 AM

It's just my opinion, if you start a thread on it, you will get opinions that differ from your own. My opinion is no more important than yours.

You could not expect a thread blow banging The Boss without some differing opinions....could you?

Hogan11
02-01-2009, 11:27 AM
as a one man show, Al Green.

Now you're talkin'... :thumbs:

Spider
02-01-2009, 12:12 PM
I didn't either till my daughter went to a concert of his the other night. Sorry Rusty, I'll take Led Zeppelin, or as a one man show, Al Green.

So who is he ?

gunns
02-01-2009, 05:14 PM
So who is he ?

He's just another rapper, hip hop singer that have all begun to sound the same.

theAPAOps5
02-01-2009, 05:16 PM
If this was SB 22 it would be a good show.

Crushaholic
02-01-2009, 05:57 PM
I loved the concert, but Springsteen has just become the poster child for bad tanning...Hilarious!

ZachKC
02-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Bruce is pretty hit and miss with me...lots of really good songs but I don't think I would go to see him in concert.

Popps
02-01-2009, 10:15 PM
His Nebraska record is one of the best I've ever heard.

Outside of that, none of his electric stuff does much for me. As a musician, I respect his live shows... but it's just generally not my thing.

That said, if you don't have Nebraska... grab it. He recorded it on a 4 track, some of it in hotel rooms, I believe.

JJJ
02-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Bruce is pretty hit and miss with me...lots of really good songs but I don't think I would go to see him in concert.

I don't believe someone uttered these words. By far the best concert experience ever is Springsteen.

I have seen many but his show is far and away the best. He routinely plays over 4 hours and you leave exhausted but still wanting more. He has unbelieveable energy and you never know he is going to play. Just simply great and something you must do before you die, or he does.

Hate the guy's politics but his music is such good stuff on so many levels his Obama-love must be overlooked.

cutthemdown
02-02-2009, 03:44 AM
Boss doesn't have a great voice but he writes the songs and they fit his voice perfect.

The songs sounded good and i liked the arrangements. I hate it when bands play like 45 seconds of every song so they can fit a bunch into 12 minutes. Just pick some good songs and arrange them to fit together. I think they did a great job of that.

Seemed like they were really playing but you never know.

IMO they aren't over the hill because they are acting their age. They don't pretend to be young and hip, but instead go for the mature and wise route in there songwriting.

Who cares about a guys politics thats not why I listen to music.

it was by far one of the better halftime shows. Puts the crap Aerosmith pulled to shame. Puts Janet and Justin to shame.

I remember a few yrs back Gloria Estefen and the Miami Sound Machine did a pretty cool set.

I like all types of music though so what seem people just think they are to cool for I actually listen to the musicianship to see if they can play.

A lot of the people bagging on Springsteen probably listen to some really crappy bands they think are cool just because they are modern.

cutthemdown
02-02-2009, 03:46 AM
I don't believe someone uttered these words. By far the best concert experience ever is Springsteen.

I have seen many but his show is far and away the best. He routinely plays over 4 hours and you leave exhausted but still wanting more. He has unbelieveable energy and you never know he is going to play. Just simply great and something you must do before you die, or he does.

Hate the guy's politics but his music is such good stuff on so many levels his Obama-love must be overlooked.

I've been to more concerts then I could count. Hundreds. Springsteen is for sure in the top 10 as far as energy and excitement go. That dude takes putting on a show very seriously.

I've been to some shows that seemed like the band didn't want to be there, or didn't rehearse enough, or partied to much night before etc. You won't get that from Bruce Springsteen.

oubronco
02-02-2009, 05:36 AM
the Boss SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED

Garcia Bronco
02-02-2009, 06:45 AM
More weak sauce from the Boss.

cutthemdown
02-02-2009, 06:50 AM

wow you would rather stay home then go to a Springsteen concert? I've been to a lot of concerts of bands whose albums I wouldn't buy just because it's fun going to concerts.

Outside of a bands that play to loud or have violent fans i can't think of a concert I wouldn't go to.

Kaylore
02-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Bruce Springsteen is the most overrated rock and roll singer of the last thirty years. There isn't one song of his that people really like. He jumped the shark when got on stage with Courtney Cox.

I take it back, I do like "Philadelphia".

Gort
02-02-2009, 08:19 AM
isn't he the midget rock star who writes songs whining about how hard it is being a midget rock star?

he sucks.
his band sucks.
his music sucks.
new jersey sucks.

that's all i have to say about that.

Gort
02-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Outside of a bands that play to loud or have violent fans i can't think of a concert I wouldn't go to.

Menudo? Michael Bolton? Celine Dion? Hannah Montana?

seriously, you cannot think of a band whose concert you wouldn't go to?

Hogan11
02-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Rock 'N Roll and sports generally do not mix very well.

As such, no band can present themselves effectively in the span of a 12 minute set.....let alone an artist like Springsteen, who rivals The Grateful Dead for some of the longest concerts in performing history.

That's why, IMHO, none of these halftime rock shows have worked. Be it Tom Petty, The Rolling Stones, U2 or Springsteen, it's just not enough time for them to do anything effectively in and nearly all of them resort to some sort of hack medley to deal with the restrictions. They should just stick to a one off song like they were on the Tonight Show or something.