PDA

View Full Version : i will be home for the SB

Spider
01-31-2009, 03:02 PM
wife comes home with brats , chips ,all kinds of dip , party tray , then it dawned on me ............I AM HOME FOR THE SUPER BOWL

Inkana7
01-31-2009, 03:07 PM
Enjoy!!

baja
01-31-2009, 03:13 PM
<b>wife comes home with brats </b>, chips ,all kinds of dip , party tray , then it dawned on me ............I AM HOME FOR THE SUPER BOWL

You shouldn't talk about your kids like that. ;D

Dr. Broncenstein
01-31-2009, 03:20 PM
don't eat the kids

Conklin
01-31-2009, 03:22 PM
don't throat punch the wife

tsiguy96
01-31-2009, 03:25 PM
thanks for the update. i can now go on the rest of my day without worry or wonder about what your future holds for the super bowl.

SureShot
01-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Can we sticky this?

Malcontent
01-31-2009, 03:27 PM
I for one am overjoyed at the news!!

Spider
01-31-2009, 03:34 PM
You shouldn't talk about your kids like that. ;D

LOL meet em sometime
don't eat the kids is this medical advice ? ;D if so how much do I owe ya ?
don't throat punch the wife if any one deserves one it is her ;D .......
thanks for the update. i can now go on the rest of my day without worry or wonder about what your future holds for the super bowl. well of course ....... you worship the ground I walk on ........
Can we sticky this? at least give it thread of the year status ....
I for one am overjoyed at the news!! as am I ;D there was talk of me taking another truck and re powering a load going to Syracuse new York . ;D

ludo21
01-31-2009, 03:34 PM
i am not, which sucks cause I would love to be at home with my AZ Card fan friends.

Spider
01-31-2009, 03:35 PM
i am not, which sucks cause I would love to be at home with my AZ Card fan friends.

Bummer bro .......

barryr
01-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Wow, how interesting. Next Truman will show(tell) us what he's having for dinner. Can't wait.

Malcontent
01-31-2009, 03:47 PM

Its gonna be crazy here Ludo....where you at anyhow?

Dudeskey
01-31-2009, 03:48 PM
I wish I was in Phoenix. I'm getting sick of freezing my ass off...™

Spider
01-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Wow, how interesting. Next Truman will show(tell) us what he's having for dinner. Can't wait.

anyone here speak Idiot ?

Spider
01-31-2009, 03:55 PM
I wish I was in Phoenix. I'm getting sick of freezing my ass off...

man it got damn cold in Pueblo the other night .......I was thinking of asking the fat waitress to keep me warm ......... but she would have just called for security like all the rest ;D

Miss I.
01-31-2009, 04:04 PM
It's really nice today in the Springs. Though I think it is going to be chilly tomorrow. I am very excited to watch the game, but it would've been nice to not be watching it at home. Kind of boring to yell at the TV by myself. I just hope the Cards pull it out, but the Steelers have this way of beating teams from the NFC West and winning superbowls.

Spider
01-31-2009, 04:05 PM
It's really nice today in the Springs. Though I think it is going to be chilly tomorrow. I am very excited to watch the game, but it would've been nice to not be watching it at home. Kind of boring to yell at the TV by myself. I just hope the Cards pull it out, but the Steelers have this way of beating teams from the NFC West and winning superbowls.

watch it naked ...... something different ;D

Miss I.
01-31-2009, 04:07 PM
watch it naked ...... something different ;D

That's not different. Hilarious!

Spider
01-31-2009, 04:08 PM
That's not different. Hilarious!

;D......... a woman after me own heart .......

Dudeskey
01-31-2009, 04:16 PM
man it got damn cold in Pueblo the other night .......I was thinking of asking the fat waitress to keep me warm ......... but she would have just called for security like all the rest ;D

yeah... It was 25 degrees in La Junta when I was unloading there. Got into pueblo and it was 9. I did that stop in less than 10 minutes I was working so fast, lol.

Spider
01-31-2009, 04:22 PM
yeah... It was 25 degrees in La Junta when I was unloading there. Got into pueblo and it was 9. I did that stop in less than 10 minutes I was working so fast, lol.

LOL dont blame you .... I guess every where else in the area was warmer then pueblo ...... sitting there with an exposed engine ....... I got a room ;D clerk asked just 1 ? I said only if you dont want to stop by after work ;D .......so it was just a single room

Dudeskey
01-31-2009, 04:29 PM
LOL dont blame you .... I guess every where else in the area was warmer then pueblo ...... sitting there with an exposed engine ....... I got a room ;D clerk asked just 1 ? I said only if you dont want to stop by after work ;D .......so it was just a single room

After work, LOL ... Seems to be. Hell even Alamosa's been warmer. Thats a head scratcher...

Spider
01-31-2009, 04:32 PM
After work, LOL ... Seems to be. Hell even Alamosa's been warmer. Thats a head scratcher...

LOL I was in Blanco Colorado back in 87 or 88 freezing cold , I never seen cold like that , and damned if I didnt take out my drive line trying to slide my 5 th wheel .... I was to lazy to get out and dolly down my trailer ( this was back when Ft. Garland was still a P.O.E.)

OBF1
01-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Do not talk about cold... Do you know it did not even reach 80 degree's in SoCal today ??? I can hardly take these brutal winters anymore.

Spider
01-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Do not talk about cold... Do you know it did not even reach 80 degree's in SoCal today ??? I can hardly take these brutal winters anymore.
sissy ............

Miss I.
01-31-2009, 05:57 PM

Yes, what a terrible tragedy for you, on the other hand you live in the same state as the Raiders and the Chuggers and they are a blight forever, whereas winter not so long and living near Denver has advantages.;D

Dudeskey
01-31-2009, 07:14 PM
LOL I was in Blanco Colorado back in 87 or 88 freezing cold , I never seen cold like that , and damned if I didnt take out my drive line trying to slide my 5 th wheel .... I was to lazy to get out and dolly down my trailer ( this was back when Ft. Garland was still a P.O.E.)

Damn. That and your fuel didn't gel up... I'm still too lazy half the time to slide my tandems. Just leave them slid all the way back when I drive out. Not to mention weight hasn't been an issue since I've been on this run. I rarely gross over 45,000... ;D

Spider
01-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Damn. That and your fuel didn't gel up... I'm still too lazy half the time to slide my tandems. Just leave them slid all the way back when I drive out. Not to mention weight hasn't been an issue since I've been on this run. I rarely gross over 45,000... ;D

;D

HooptyHoops
01-31-2009, 08:35 PM

LOL...I haven't seen the name La Junta for quite some time...I used to live in that lovely town for three years in high school....

Spider
01-31-2009, 08:39 PM
for a time I considered moving to Lamar Colorado ...... i was hauling alot of Cattle in and out of that feed lot there ( name of the place escapes me at the moment ) I was trucking for Bell Creek out of Dodge City Kansas

Spider
01-31-2009, 08:41 PM
emmerick , or something like that on 287 ......JBS I remember but that isnt the one

Dudeskey
01-31-2009, 08:47 PM
for a time I considered moving to Lamar Colorado ...... i was hauling alot of Cattle in and out of that feed lot there ( name of the place escapes me at the moment ) I was trucking for Bell Creek out of Dodge City Kansas

A lot of work on beef in general around there... I've wondered as hard as those cattle guys say they run if its worth it... Could've Been either of the two you mentioned. JBS is based out of Greeley. I think Emerick is just north of there (Lamar) in Wiley...

broncogary
01-31-2009, 08:51 PM
LOL...I haven't seen the name La Junta for quite some time...I used to live in that lovely town for three years in high school....

When you a freshman, eh? :thanku:

Spider
01-31-2009, 08:52 PM
A lot of work on beef in general around there... I've wondered as hard as those cattle guys say they run if its worth it... Could've Been either of the two you mentioned. JBS is based out of Greeley. I think Emerick is just north of there in Wiley...

man I ran my ass off ,then sit for a week , then pull 30 hour runs , then do some locals ...... JBS out of Greeley ? Back in my day they had Monforts , Pharr , there was one other one but he closed up by the time I got to know the area .trucking was ed Duggan , Also GTL greeley Truck lines , Booth , Monfort ( as far as cattle goes ) .. times change I guess

Dudeskey
01-31-2009, 08:58 PM
man I ran my ass off ,then sit for a week , then pull 30 hour runs , then do some locals ...... JBS out of Greeley ? Back in my day they had Monforts , Pharr , there was one other one but he closed up by the time I got to know the area .trucking was ed Duggan , Also GTL greeley Truck lines , Booth , Monfort ( as far as cattle goes ) .. times change I guess

You're talking about JBS as in JB Swift, right? I've seen nothing but reefers w/ those guys

Spider
01-31-2009, 08:59 PM
worst run I had was from Delta Utah going to Yuma Ari ....... damn 1977 kenny whopper 4+6 tranny 400 cummins 3:55 rear ends no AC ,no power steering , 7 inch strait pipes .......I was never so happy to climb out of a truck in my life

Spider
01-31-2009, 09:00 PM
You're talking about JBS as in JB Swift, right? I've seen nothing but reefers w/ those guys

No there is a feedlot on a county road out there called JBS feedlots ........i could have the wrong name though , this was back in the Late 80's early 90's

Dudeskey
01-31-2009, 09:01 PM

Yep, I gotta see that town every morning. But I know if I stop in front of the Love's over there to take a nap, I have an alarm clock courtesy of BNSF & their loud ass horns ;D

Dudeskey
01-31-2009, 09:02 PM
No there is a feedlot on a county road out there called JBS feedlots ........i could have the wrong name though , this was back in the Late 80's early 90's

Oh yeah, you go back a ways further than me. I've only been doing this for about 4 years or so.

Dudeskey
01-31-2009, 09:04 PM
worst run I had was from Delta Utah going to Yuma Ari ....... damn 1977 kenny whopper 4+6 tranny 400 cummins 3:55 rear ends no AC ,no power steering , 7 inch strait pipes .......I was never so happy to climb out of a truck in my life

I've been spoiled. Oldest truck I've gotten into was a '96 W900. Nothing fancy, just a detroit 470 & a 10 speed rockwell. And that was to go pick up one of those hopper trailers (for feed I think) out of Ellinwood, KS. But I fell in love w/ the W9 on that trip.

Spider
01-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh yeah, you go back a ways further than me. I've only been doing this for about 4 years or so.

;D i got my 1 st gig in 1983 , running produce from Greeley area down to Denver in state , went OTR as soon as I was old enough , in 88 .... everyone tells me I hide my age well..........

Spider
01-31-2009, 09:09 PM
I've been spoiled. Oldest truck I've gotten into was a '96 W900. And that was to go pick up one of those hopper trailers (for feed I think) out of Ellinwood, KS. But I fell in love w/ the W9 on that trip.

;D i pushed some real junk down the road 72 Cab over Freight shaker was the worst one .. man that truck would beat you to death .........Oldest truck I drove was 57 Kenworth , newest truck I drove was a 2004 T 800 ......I have even driven a B model Mack once ...i hated that truck

Mk69
01-31-2009, 09:16 PM

Colorado Beef is out on 287. The other 2 I can think of by Lamar are 4 States & Beef City.

Spider
01-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Colorado Beef is out on 287. The other 2 I can think of by Lamar are 4 States & Beef City.

Maybe thats it ..... I know it is right there by the 287 50 get together

Mk69
01-31-2009, 09:19 PM
Yeah, right at the Wiley Junction.

Spider
01-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah, right at the Wiley Junction.

that be the one ... but I also remember one off of 287 just south of town there , take a left at a county road , maked by a big sign , I didnt go to that one but twice

Mk69
01-31-2009, 09:31 PM
That one might be Beef City & I think there are 2 4 States, one east of town & one north. Not sure on that but I do know that you can really smell them, especially after it rains. They say it's "the smell of money" around here. ;)

Spider
01-31-2009, 09:35 PM
That one might be Beef City & I think there are 2 4 States, one east of town & one north. Not sure on that but I do know that you can really smell them, especially after it rains. They say it's "the smell of money" around here. ;)

;D I have heard that saying .........

Dudeskey
01-31-2009, 11:41 PM
;D i pushed some real junk down the road 72 Cab over Freight shaker was the worst one .. man that truck would beat you to death .........Oldest truck I drove was 57 Kenworth , newest truck I drove was a 2004 T 800 ......I have even driven a B model Mack once ...i hated that truck

LOL Holy ****... Had to sign off for a bit. The Mrs. was challenging me to a game of cribbage and she backed it up- handed my ass to me lol...

Spider
02-01-2009, 12:48 AM
LOL Holy ****... Had to sign off for a bit. The Mrs. was challenging me to a game of cribbage and she backed it up- handed my ass to me lol...

;D I have never played Cribbage