PDA

View Full Version : Royal to be on ESPN Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL

SpiritGuy
01-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Found this on another forum

Eddie Royal will be featured on ESPN2's "Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL" show.

Airtimes are:
ESPN2 Sat, Jan 31 12:00 AM ET (Friday - 10pm MT)
ESPN2 Sat, Jan 31 11:00 PM ET (9pm MT)

"Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL "
An in-depth look at the first pro season for RB Matt Forte (Bears), WR Eddie Royal (Broncos) and QB Matt Ryan (Falcons).

no-pseudo-fan
01-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Awesome find. I will be there.

Kaylore
01-30-2009, 11:36 AM
How did they pick those guys? Don't they pick them at the start of the season? That's an amazing set of choices. All three of them took the league by storm.

dbfan21
01-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks for letting us know. My DVR will be set!! I am excited to see what Eddie's thoughts were back when the season began...:afro:

Beantown Bronco
01-30-2009, 12:02 PM
How did they pick those guys? Don't they pick them at the start of the season? That's an amazing set of choices. All three of them took the league by storm.

Too good a lineup. You have to assume they "lost" the tapes of all the other rooks they followed around that either didn't make for good tv or just plain sucked. There's no way they only filmed these three.

Peoples Champ
01-30-2009, 12:03 PM
will DVR it

no-pseudo-fan
01-30-2009, 12:12 PM

You follow 6 and pick 3.

Kaylore
01-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Too good a lineup. You have to assume they "lost" the tapes of all the other rooks they followed around that either didn't make for good tv or just plain sucked. There's no way they only filmed these three.

I'm thinking they didn't follow anyone and just took stock footage of them and interviewed them after the fact. Even if they picked ten, that's still a hit rate executives could only pray for. I remember the packers late round corner "tadpoll" and one of our defensive linemen who both washed out in a few years. That seems more believable.

ND Bronco Fan
01-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I have recently switched to Directv and I just have to gloat a little bit, I absolutely love the ability to log into my account and set my dvr to record a show such as this. I would forget if I had to wait until I got home.

Beantown Bronco
01-30-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm thinking they didn't follow anyone and just took stock footage of them and interviewed them after the fact. Even if they picked ten, that's still a hit rate executives could only pray for. I remember the packers late round corner "tadpoll" and one of our defensive linemen who both washed out in a few years. That seems more believable.

If this is the same show that NFL Network originally carried a few years back, then it literally is a special film crew that followed these guys around throughout training camp and for some of their first season.

La Caspa Del Diablo
01-30-2009, 12:29 PM
I think NFL Films profiled Nick Eason one year on this particular show. Was he the last Bronco?

Beantown Bronco
01-30-2009, 12:31 PM
I think NFL Films profiled Nick Eason one year on this particular show. Was he the last Bronco?

Yup.

hades
01-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Cool, I just logged onto my DirecTv account adn set the DVR, first time I ever tried it! (that way I won't forget when I get home)

You have scheduled a recording for Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL - Part II on channel 72 for Fri, Jan 30 at 11:00 PM CST.

Kaylore
01-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Yup.

That's the episode I'm talking about. Eason and that corner for the packers. Total wash outs. I have trouble believing they followed Forte, Royal and Ryan around and - holy shnikes! They are ALL awesome! Whoda thunk? I bet its stock footage and post season interview voice over.

Beantown Bronco
01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
That's the episode I'm talking about. Eason and that corner for the packers. Total wash outs. I have trouble believing they followed Forte, Royal and Ryan around and - holy shnikes! They are ALL awesome! Whoda thunk? I bet its stock footage and post season interview voice over.

Which is why I said that there was zero chance of these being the only guys they followed around. They probably followed a bunch around and simply omitted those who either didn't make for good tv or sucked.

As good as these three are, I just find it hard to believe that they are the three best they could find if they're using simply stock footage of every rookie.

Here are the past rosters for those interested:

2002 roster = David Carr, Joey Harrington, Mike Williams, Jeff Hatch, Jeremy Shockey and Josh Robinson

2003 roster = Carlson Palmer, Charles Rogers, Nick Eason and Jeff Roehl

2004 roster = Byron Leftwich, Jeff Roehl and Anquan Bolden

2005 roster = Antrel Rolle, Alex Smith, Matt Jones and Carnell “Cadillac” Williams

2006 roster = QB Vince Young, Saints RB Reggie Bush and ex-Olympic skier Jeremy Bloom of the Eagles

Inkana7
01-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Jeff Roehl was a rookie in the NFL both in 2003 and 2004. That's impressive.

gyldenlove
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Can anyone put it online after it airs, I can't watch it. I want to see what is going on with Royal.

On a side note, am I the only one who would have loved to see him get the extra 20 yards to reach 4 digits as a rookie?

Beantown Bronco
01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Jeff Roehl was a rookie in the NFL both in 2003 and 2004. That's impressive.

Nice. Missed that. I blame aol

http://television.aol.com/show/hey-rookie-welcome-to-the-nfl-2003/371933/main

http://television.aol.com/show/hey-rookie-welcome-to-the-nfl-2004/111533/main

BroncoBuff
01-30-2009, 07:34 PM
thx

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-31-2009, 01:52 AM
I hate espn. They don't know how to stay on schedule. Tivo recorded on time but got 15 minutes of some other dumda$$ show.

BroncoDoug
01-31-2009, 02:07 AM
I hate espn. They don't know how to stay on schedule. Tivo recorded on time but got 15 minutes of some other dumda$$ show.

Yeah, that is pretty dumb, same here....

Its on again tomorrow night, I set the DVR to record it and the following hour, just in case....

gunns
01-31-2009, 08:15 AM

That's what happens when they have a live show on before, like the NBA, that runs over. Throws the shows off. Or they cut a show afterward off to get on schedule and it's the show I wanted to watch. Just cut the damn Sportscenter!

Breck Bronc
01-31-2009, 10:25 AM
That's the episode I'm talking about. Eason and that corner for the packers. Total wash outs. I have trouble believing they followed Forte, Royal and Ryan around and - holy shnikes! They are ALL awesome! Whoda thunk? I bet its stock footage and post season interview voice over.Eason has a good chance of winning a Super Bowl ring tomorrow. He's had two productive years as a backup DE for the Steelers.

La Caspa Del Diablo
01-31-2009, 09:18 PM
It's on now.

TheReverend
02-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Anyone catch it? My right just started burning like crazy last night around 8 EST, and I finally couldn't handle keeping it open anymore at 1042.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-01-2009, 12:27 PM
It freaking happened again. this time 8 minutes of some damn video madden with kids that have never seen a football live, much less threwn one.

broncosteven
02-01-2009, 02:33 PM

I think they did stock footage until the week we played Buffalo, they mentioned that week for all 3 guys.

It was fun watching Eddy play. I remember posting that he is a rookie bust until he performed on the field. The guy delivered.

broncosteven
02-01-2009, 02:35 PM
It freaking happened again. this time 8 minutes of some damn video madden with kids that have never seen a football live, much less threwn one.

Was that the Madden Challenge with all the Gansta's and Wiggers playing? Why were they all chewing their shirts? Is that cool? I stopped my daughter from doing that at 4 years old.

broncofan7
02-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Was that the Madden Challenge with all the Gansta's and Wiggers playing? Why were they all chewing their shirts? Is that cool? I stopped my daughter from doing that at 4 years old.

LOL---For some reason we never see anyone wellspoken on that show. I still play every now and then online and quite honestly, I suck. Oh to be 15 years old again.....Now break out some tecmo superbowl and it's on......

TheReverend
02-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Recap please, assholes.

Inkana7
02-01-2009, 03:34 PM

I don't mind those idiots, usually. Except for this one kid. Calls himself "Dynasty" and has one of those dirty "****staches". Talks like he's a straight up G, even though he's 5'4" about 115, and is white as a ghost.

eddie mac
02-01-2009, 03:41 PM

Wash out with us but he's playing in a Superbowl today.:wiggle:

montrose
02-02-2009, 09:28 AM

That's exactly it. There wasn't anything they showed during the season that would lead you to believe they followed them. There was some draft day footage of Ryan, but considering his status I'm sure that was already on file. Per Royal and Forte, they just took game clips and a few clips of them practicing and put in voice overs.

Kaylore
02-02-2009, 09:45 AM
That's exactly it. There wasn't anything they showed during the season that would lead you to believe they followed them. There was some draft day footage of Ryan, but considering his status I'm sure that was already on file. Per Royal and Forte, they just took game clips and a few clips of them practicing and put in voice overs.

Figures. It's an either-or thing. Either they pick two guys that seem like good stories but will probably wash out, or they interview guys that were good during the season after the fact and ask them how their season went.

Well at least we got one of the good ones. ;D

Dagmar
02-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Recap please, a-holes.

Well, since you asked so nicely...