PDA

View Full Version : Lions will release Furrey!!

ludo21
01-29-2009, 06:25 PM
:strong:

This guy could be Stokes replacement when he goes down with an injury. I say we go get him!

Saw it on ticker on NFL N, no link

Archer81
01-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Would not be a bad pickup as a 4th option. Depth = good thing.

:Broncos:

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2009, 06:52 PM
i saw this the other day. it is an interesting thought as he has shown he can be a good receiver, but the last 2 years he hasn't been anything special.

Archer81
01-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Was anyone special when your team goes 2-30 over two years?

ludo21
01-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Was anyone special when your team goes 2-30 over two years?

Calvin Johnson ;D - led the league in TD's. = BEAST!

Depth is a great thing, I hope Mickey D. is not content with what we got on offense.

watermock
01-29-2009, 07:03 PM
http://regmedia.co.uk/2007/06/28/cat_furry.jpg

No thanks

Archer81
01-29-2009, 07:05 PM

Depth is a great thing, I hope Mickey D. is not content with what we got on offense.

Someone needs to rescue that fool before he is 35 and wondering what the **** just happened?

Killericon
01-29-2009, 07:09 PM
I love the guy.

tsiguy96
01-29-2009, 07:25 PM

everyone is on the fitz bandwagon...look what calvin johnson did on the worst team in NFL history. 1300+ yards and a ton of TDs on top. hes absolutely a monster and could be the best receiver in the history of the NFL. on a better team.

broncosteven
01-29-2009, 07:25 PM
We need to go after more CB's and WR's I am all for it!

We should also bring in a big time QB to push Cutler and take up more cap and roster space.

Inkana7
01-29-2009, 07:53 PM
He had 100 catches a few years back, a year removed from playing Safety.

La Caspa Del Diablo
01-29-2009, 08:01 PM
:strong:

This guy could be Stokes replacement when he goes down with an injury. I say we go get him!

Saw it on ticker on NFL N, no link

Why does every little white WR have to be compared to another little white WR?

DBroncos4life
01-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Why does every little white WR have to be compared to another little white WR?

Welker

JCMElway
01-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Had to be done.....

BroncoDoug
01-29-2009, 09:51 PM

We should also bring in a big time QB to push Cutler and take up more cap and roster space.

Wait, what?

Are you serious?

Killericon
01-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Wait, what?

Are you serious?

No kidding.

Yeah, let's bring in someone with Pro Bowl credentials!

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2009, 10:18 PM

it would not surprise me if he looked at our offense and decided it was fine as is, but i hope he looks at it and says, we need depth at WR, depth on the line, and a RB.

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2009, 10:21 PM

outside of Marshall and Royal we have an aging injury prone Slot Receiver(best in the game when healthy) and nothing. we need some depth.

also behind Champ we could use an upgrade at CB

BroncoInferno
01-29-2009, 11:11 PM
You guys only like him because he's white, you racists.

montrose
01-29-2009, 11:16 PM
If I'm Mike Furrey, I'm not sure if I'd be happy to be moving on or upset that the worst team in history doesn't want me.

tsiguy96
01-29-2009, 11:20 PM
If I'm Mike Furrey, I'm not sure if I'd be happy to be moving on or upset that the worst team in history doesn't want me.

what a horrible perspective, and one thats 100% false as well.

when teams suck, they usually cut a large percentage of their players. just because they are going to focus more on the draft and try and fill out tehir roster with other people doesnt mean he sucks. he should be happy he gets to be on a team thats comeptitive.

Popps
01-29-2009, 11:21 PM
There's something sort of amusing about the thread title. (The idea of the Lions unleashing the fury!)

Los Broncos
01-29-2009, 11:22 PM
http://regmedia.co.uk/2007/06/28/cat_furry.jpg

No thanks

:rofl:

montrose
01-29-2009, 11:27 PM
what a horrible perspective, and one thats 100% false as well.

when teams suck, they usually cut a large percentage of their players. just because they are going to focus more on the draft and try and fill out tehir roster with other people doesnt mean he sucks. he should be happy he gets to be on a team thats comeptitive.

Dude, it was kind of a joke...

Greybeard
01-29-2009, 11:34 PM
i saw this the other day. it is an interesting thought as he has shown he can be a good receiver, but the last 2 years he hasn't been anything special.

But then, Ed McCaffrey wasn't much of anything special, until he came here, either.

-----

BroncoMan4ever
01-30-2009, 12:05 AM
But then, Ed McCaffrey wasn't much of anything special, until he came here, either.

-----

i wasn't saying i was against it. if he will come cheap that's great, but i am wanting more of a deep threat addition to the receiving corps instead of a new slot type of receiver

Greybeard
01-30-2009, 01:34 AM
i wasn't saying i was against it. if he will come cheap that's great, but i am wanting more of a deep threat addition to the receiving corps instead of a new slot type of receiver

Actually, we can point to the Smith/McCaffrey era there, too. The Broncos
then were considered an explosive team. But neither Smith nor McCaffrey
had that deep speed.

On the other hand, Fast Eddie does have deep speed. And Marshall has been
behind defenses several times already.

Nonetheless, when considering a "deep threat," where would he play? Is he
going to put either Marshall or Royal on the bench? Will he beat out even
Darrell Jackson for the #3 outside spot? And don't forget Chad Jackson, with
his 4.3 speed, who was injured, more than he was a "bust."

In the slot, however, is Stokley, who, going into his 11th season, is getting
relatively long in the tooth by WR standards. If they have any need at WR,
it is in the slot, not outside, where they are already loaded.

-----

dekers
01-30-2009, 02:37 AM
There's something sort of amusing about the thread title. (The idea of the Lions unleashing the fury!)

ROFL!

cutthemdown
01-30-2009, 03:50 AM
Broncos should look for a physical WR. When they go 3 WR put Royal in the slot and Marshal and player to be named later outside.

Drek
01-30-2009, 04:05 AM
Furrey has had some good seasons at WR. A team desperate for help at the position will offer him solid money and the chance to be at least a #3, probably more like a #2.

dbfan21
01-30-2009, 07:13 AM
Furrey must be the happiest guy in the NFL to get released from the Lions. What a gift! He will land with a team within the next 4-5 weeks easy.

cmhargrove
01-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Actually, we can point to the Smith/McCaffrey era there, too. The Broncos
then were considered an explosive team. But neither Smith nor McCaffrey
had that deep speed.

On the other hand, Fast Eddie does have deep speed. And Marshall has been
behind defenses several times already.

Nonetheless, when considering a "deep threat," where would he play? Is he
going to put either Marshall or Royal on the bench? Will he beat out even
Darrell Jackson for the #3 outside spot? And don't forget Chad Jackson, with
his 4.3 speed, who was injured, more than he was a "bust."

In the slot, however, is Stokley, who, going into his 11th season, is getting
relatively long in the tooth by WR standards. If they have any need at WR,
it is in the slot, not outside, where they are already loaded.

-----

The whole "deep threat" thing is a 50/50 proposition. First, you need great speed (which most number one receivers have). Second, and probably most overlooked is the actual route running.

Rod Smith was nowhere as physically gifted as Brandon Marshall, but he had some crafty route running (an especially good hitch and go). He could get open, but was often caught from behind. Other than slants, Brandon has never been a very disciplined route runner. He is more of a freelancer and that needs to change.

With the time our O-line has given Cutler, I thought it was pretty amazing that we couldn't pull double moves and pump fakes to get open deep. We'll see what Mickey D has in store next year.

lex
01-30-2009, 08:55 AM
I think another good pick up would be that Anderson guy who has been playing in Houston (the one who played for Colorado St.). I think he's a UFA.

lex
01-30-2009, 08:57 AM
The whole "deep threat" thing is a 50/50 proposition. First, you need great speed (which most number one receivers have). Second, and probably most overlooked is the actual route running.

Rod Smith was nowhere as physically gifted as Brandon Marshall, but he had some crafty route running (an especially good hitch and go). He could get open, but was often caught from behind. Other than slants, Brandon has never been a very disciplined route runner. He is more of a freelancer and that needs to change.

With the time our O-line has given Cutler, I thought it was pretty amazing that we couldn't pull double moves and pump fakes to get open deep. We'll see what Mickey D has in store next year.

Rod was faster in his younger years and he could go up and get it. He was very athletic when he was younger.