PDA

View Full Version : Great brake down of 2009 free agents

Elway777
01-29-2009, 04:07 PM
http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php Deanglo Hall is a guy that interest me. Only 25 with a ton of tallent that maybe signed for about 5 million if we decide to cut Bly and go younger. Suggs would have to be #1 on our wish list.

broncosteven
01-29-2009, 04:09 PM
I thought this thread was about one of Spiders rigs breaking down or getting run into.

Put the Break on Spider so the truck does not roll into the street.

j/k I love me some Spider

Smiling Assassin27
01-29-2009, 04:17 PM
De Angelo Hall? Well, I guess in his defense, he'd only get toasted by Eddie Royal in practice and not in games anymore.

tsiguy96
01-29-2009, 04:20 PM
deangelo hall is already in negotiations with the redskins, i believe he said he wants to stay there because he has family there.

ludo21
01-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Hit the BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Break down of Free Agents....

There we go ;D

I want Suggs or Scott, that would be sweet.

Ray Finkle
01-29-2009, 04:24 PM
http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php Deanglo Hall is a guy that interest me. Only 25 with a ton of tallent that maybe signed for about 5 million if we decide to cut Bly and go younger. Suggs would have to be #1 on our wish list.

Hall? Have you seen him play the last two years? You complain about Bly and want Hall?

broncosteven
01-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Hit the BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Break down of Free Agents....

There we go ;D

I want Suggs or Scott, that would be sweet.

Is TO available?

NUB
01-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Deangelo Hall sucks ass, forget him.

I hope we go after Brandon Jacobs if at all feasible.

Elway777
01-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Hall? Have you seen him play the last two years? You complain about Bly and want Hall? If the price is right ,I might be willing to take a shot at him. He is only 25 and Nolan might be able to get something out of him. In might be a top 10 corner in teams of talent. I would not mind a incentive based contract .

Smiling Assassin27
01-29-2009, 04:34 PM
deangelo hall is already in negotiations with the redskins, i believe he said he wants to stay there because he has family there.

is this a 'family-family' or a 'travis henry family'?

HooptyHoops
01-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Man, we need to go after some DL players

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2009, 05:05 PM
i wouldn't mind going after Dansby, Vilma, Scott and Suggs. We might get lucky and get at least 1 of them.

on the offensive side i would be happy with Nate Washington. Be a nice addition to our Receiving corps and a really good deep threat. Another option, and i already know i am going to get flamed for this....Ashley Lelie. after a few years getting overlooked on garbage teams, he knows he isn't a starting NFL receiver and would probably be happy to get with a good offense. He would be really good as a deep threat when we go into 4 wide sets.

Paladin
01-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Get a Scott or Dansby and draft Rey, and there is a great LB corps growing there. Need to get Brace and then a DE and I think the D would be massively improved.....

eddie mac
01-29-2009, 05:12 PM
De Angelo Hall? Well, I guess in his defense, he'd only get toasted by Eddie Royal in practice and not in games anymore.

Hall is **** in zone that's why he was a disaster in Oakland. He's one of the better man to man CB's out there.

Killericon
01-29-2009, 05:13 PM
If we could get Brandon Jacobs on a 2-4 year contract, a decent DT, a decent Safety and either Suggs or a good interior LBer, then we'll be swet for going into the draft.

mr007
01-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Hall is **** in zone that's why he was a disaster in Oakland. He's one of the better man to man CB's out there.

Oakland played a lot of man when Eddie torched him.

Inkana7
01-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Oakland played a lot of man when Eddie torched him.

Off man, some zone.

chickennob2
01-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Gabe Watson from the cards. That would be sweet.

ChampBailey24
01-29-2009, 06:23 PM
not sure why everyone wants derrick ward. i mean hes good but hes almost 30

broncosteven
01-29-2009, 06:28 PM
We need a QB to push Cutler. Maybe we can get Warner?

Ray Finkle
01-29-2009, 06:48 PM
If the price is right ,I might be willing to take a shot at him. He is only 25 and Nolan might be able to get something out of him. In might be a top 10 corner in teams of talent. I would not mind a incentive based contract .

I could combine poop and a Mr. Potato Head and have a more complete CB for only about $30 (10 for the Mr. Potato Head, 20 for a good steak).....

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2009, 06:55 PM

Warner will be a starter next season and will be looking for a deal for about 3 years and about 20million probably.

we just need an intelligent veteran who knows he isn't a starter to backup Cutler.

broncogary
01-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Off man, some zone.

Yeah, he was way off. :wiggle:

broncosteven
01-29-2009, 07:09 PM
An overpriced RB would be a nice addition to our team.

kdissette
01-30-2009, 12:40 PM
I think we wont get a as many FA as we seem to think. I would doubt that we get haynesworth, I just dont see us paying that much money for a DT that isnt even a 3-4 player. I do see us being a contender for peppers cuz he said he would prefer to be a standup LB in a 3-4. I really think we do need a solid backup QB in FA some kind of solid veteran who hasnt been put thru the ringer. I also think we need some major help in the secondary. We literally have no safetys and there are a few options out there. I think we will get a few LBs in the draft and some depth on the Oline. Hopefully we dont sell the farm for a player that isnt going to help....and oh yeah we will sign a RB in FA so we can draft LB in the draft.

tsiguy96
01-30-2009, 12:43 PM

warner just took a proudly pathetic franchise to the superbowl. you honestly think he would come to denver to be a backup a year after being in the super bowl? really?

ward63
01-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I would see McD wanting Lamont and James Sanders

TonyR
01-30-2009, 01:28 PM
If we could get Brandon Jacobs on a 2-4 year contract...

I can't see the Giants letting him go. He's really the key to what they do offensively.

Ninjatime
01-30-2009, 01:32 PM
We dont need a RB like Jacobs, we have that already in Hillis, plus Hillis is a better reciever. We need Safeties, and lots of them! Along with a few other impact defensive players.

TonyR
01-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Interesting that the Ravens also have the #1 FA center in the league that they have to sign.

Jason Brown, Ravens. Age: 26.
One of the top young centers in the NFL, Jason Brown will either be franchised or offered a huge contract this offseason.

TonyR
01-30-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm surprised nobody has commented on this:

Domonique Foxworth, Falcons. Age: 26.
Acquired from the Broncos, Domonique Foxworth played extremely well for the Falcons. Let's see if performs just as well when he's not in his contract year.

Ranked #3? Seriously?

TonyR
01-30-2009, 01:45 PM
And here's one of the most loved mentioned FA's on this board.

O.J. Atogwe, Rams. Age: 28.
Overrated, thanks to his 13 picks in the past two seasons. O.J. Atogwe sometimes gets lost in coverage, which really hurts the Rams. However, he occasionally makes up for it with a big play. Atogwe gambles a lot and can come up with a huge interception, but he just as easily hurts St. Louis on the next drive.

Killericon
01-30-2009, 01:51 PM
We should offer Shane Lechler $3,000,000 a season.

UberBroncoMan
01-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Chris Canty Chris Canty Chris Canty

I'll say it again... Chris Canty!

oubronco
01-30-2009, 05:03 PM
D Hall sucks balls

broncosteven
01-30-2009, 05:25 PM
We should offer Shane Lechler $3,000,000 a season.

Man after my own heart!

How about we sell the farm for Mason Crosby? We really need to address CB, WR, QB, P, and K this offseason.

Who needs one safety let alone 2?!

broncolife
01-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Man after my own heart!

How about we sell the farm for Mason Crosby? We really need to address CB, WR, QB, P, and K this offseason.

I thought Kern did a good job at punting this season.

broncosteven
01-30-2009, 05:39 PM
warner just took a proudly pathetic franchise to the superbowl. you honestly think he would come to denver to be a backup a year after being in the super bowl? really?

Do we need Hall to come in at CB?

I was being a dick.

Ninjatime
01-30-2009, 05:51 PM
When are we able to start making FA signings anyway? After SB? I wanna get this **** rolling.

Inkana7
01-30-2009, 05:52 PM
FA starts Feb. 29th.

BroncoDoug
01-30-2009, 08:44 PM
why not go after Rob Bironus (sp?), we need a Kicker, and he is only 31

Killericon
01-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Man after my own heart!

We have around $40 Million to play with. If signing Lechler to a monster contract is the difference between getting a good safety(Or DE, or something we actually need) and not getting one, then **** him. If we can afford it, which seems like the likeliest scenario, then I think we should try to get the best punter in the game(by a wide margin). Yes, Kern did good. I just think we'll be able to afford the substantial upgrade. Seriously, if the $3 Million is the difference between OJ Atogwe and just throwing Manuel back out there, then I take it back.

BroncoMan4ever
01-31-2009, 12:06 AM
why not go after Rob Bironus (sp?), we need a Kicker, and he is only 31

i thought the same thing, but i don't think we will be putting down around 3million a year for a kicker with as many holes as we have.

kappys
01-31-2009, 02:36 AM
I would like to see us go after Mike Peterson and Brian Dawkins. We need some vets on this team and I think both of them still have a couple of good years left and would be instant upgrades. Hopefully both would come at a reasonable price.

At RB I think Lamont Jordan would be a good guy to bring into camp, though I wouldn't want to see him starting.

Drek
01-31-2009, 06:03 AM
Warner will be a starter next season and will be looking for a deal for about 3 years and about 20million probably.

we just need an intelligent veteran who knows he isn't a starter to backup Cutler.
If Cutler still needs a no competition veteran caddy then that doesn't say a lot about his progress in the last few years.

Its time to draft a mid-round project that McDaniels can start developing, in the event that Cutler has a significant injury, is unreasonable on an extension, or just doesn't ever take the next step.

Rock Chalk
01-31-2009, 06:18 AM
If Cutler still needs a no competition veteran caddy then that doesn't say a lot about his progress in the last few years.

Its time to draft a mid-round project that McDaniels can start developing, in the event that Cutler has a significant injury, is unreasonable on an extension, or just doesn't ever take the next step.

But, the orangemane says Cutler is already there and is elite!

Drek
01-31-2009, 06:55 AM
But, the orangemane says Cutler is already there and is elite!

2nd ranked offense!

8 RBs on IR!

SoDak Bronco
01-31-2009, 07:46 AM
hall is a selfish little piece of ****..no way we bring in a me-guy, you kidding me???????????

Cito Pelon
01-31-2009, 08:58 AM
Seems like there is a lot of good/great talent available at FA this year on D. Hopefully the team goes after some of these guys. A quick turnaround to a solid D would be nice to see. There's a lot of talent available at DL, LB, S, CB.

TheManeMan
01-31-2009, 11:52 PM
FA starts Feb. 29th.

Feb 27th ;)

NFLBRONCO
02-01-2009, 12:02 AM
I'd rather spend FA money on front 9 then CB unless we plan on moving Champ and Bly in 09.

Inkana7
02-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Feb 27th ;)

Thanks, my bad!

cutthemdown
02-01-2009, 10:09 AM
2nd ranked offense!

8 RBs on IR!

If you rank based on yrds. The thing is though in NFL it's all about points scored.

Drek
02-01-2009, 10:29 AM
If you rank based on yrds. The thing is though in NFL it's all about points scored.

I know, just parroting the mantra of the "nothing wrong with our offense!" crowd who somehow thinks a 2nd ranked offense by yardage but 16th by points isn't its own unique brand of offensive failure.

You can drive 99 yards from one end zone to the next but if you don't finish it off with 6 then you didn't get the job done as well as you should've.

jebures
02-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Ashley Lelie as our #3, thank you ang good night. Shanny is gone now so why not, i loved the guy when he was here.

broncosteven
02-01-2009, 02:48 PM
We have around $40 Million to play with. If signing Lechler to a monster contract is the difference between getting a good safety(Or DE, or something we actually need) and not getting one, then **** him. If we can afford it, which seems like the likeliest scenario, then I think we should try to get the best punter in the game(by a wide margin). Yes, Kern did good. I just think we'll be able to afford the substantial upgrade. Seriously, if the $3 Million is the difference between OJ Atogwe and just throwing Manuel back out there, then I take it back.

Look what getting "The Todd" got us. I am reading Fatisis's book and think in hindsight they should have stuck with Knor and his consistent 42 yards rather than go overboard with Todd and his straight down the middle everytime kicks and his attitude.

Field position is big but get me a guy that can angle and set up the gunners over the boomer who outkicks his coverage.

Killericon
02-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Look what getting "The Todd" got us. I am reading Fatisis's book and think in hindsight they should have stuck with Knor and his consistent 42 yards rather than go overboard with Todd and his straight down the middle everytime kicks and his attitude.

Field position is big but get me a guy that can angle and set up the gunners over the boomer who outkicks his coverage.

Lechler can't angle?!? I don't think comparing him to Sauerbrun is fair.

Elway777
02-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Ashley Lelie as our #3, thank you ang good night. Shanny is gone now so why not, i loved the guy when he was here. I also like the idea. Lelie as our 4 receiver with Jackson as our 5 receiver.