PDA

View Full Version : no evidence of matriarchy

sakuraba
01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
I am tired of all this feminist blah blah about how there was a matriarchy in the past, and everything was utopian. Then there was the evil invasion of the patriarchy and created all the problems in the world. There is no hard or substantial evidence to support the matriarchy theory. Finding some headless fat women carvings proves nothing. Since it's off season I figured we could discuss.

Hotrod
01-29-2009, 03:53 PM
I like to eat crayons.

jhat01
01-29-2009, 03:54 PM
If you ask my mother in law, there is a matriarchy now!

Hotrod
01-29-2009, 03:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matriarchy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Note that in feminist literature, "matriarchy" may be used synonymously with matrilineality.
Matriarchy (also gynecocracy) refers to a hypothetical gynecocentric form of society, in which the leading role is taken by the women and especially by the mothers of a community.[1]

There are no known societies that are unambiguously matriarchal,[2][3][4][5][6][7][8] although there were a number of attested matrilinear, matrilocal and avunculocal societies, especially among indigenous peoples of Asia, such as those of the Minangkabau or Mosuo. Strongly matrilocal societies sometimes are referred to as matrifocal, and there is some debate concerning the terminological delineation between matrifocality and matriarchy. Note that even in patriarchical systems of male-preference primogeniture there may occasionally be queen regnants, as in the case of Elizabeth I of England or Victoria of the United Kingdom.

In 19th century scholarship, the hypothesis of matriarchy representing an early stage of human development — now mostly lost in prehistory, with the exception of some "primitive" societies — enjoyed popularity. The hypothesis survived into the 20th century and was notably advanced in the context of feminism and especially second wave feminism, but it is mostly discredited today.[9]

DomCasual
01-29-2009, 03:56 PM
I like to eat crayons.

I'm more into glue.

bowtown
01-29-2009, 03:56 PM
I am tired of all this feminist blah blah about how there was a matriarchy in the past, and everything was utopian. Then there was the evil invasion of the patriarchy and created all the problems in the world. There is no hard or substantial evidence to support the matriarchy theory. Finding some headless fat women carvings proves nothing. Since it's off season I figured we could discuss.

There's a whole big world out there... you should go explore it.

Tombstone RJ
01-29-2009, 03:58 PM
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

BroncoBuff
01-29-2009, 03:59 PM
I dunno, I'm pretty much pro-women.

Smiling Assassin27
01-29-2009, 03:59 PM
When feminists become saints, we will become their pupils.

Hotrod
01-29-2009, 04:00 PM
I dunno, I'm pretty much pro-women.

They are the devil

HooptyHoops
This thread cracks me up!

Hotrod
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Weird my dogs breath smells like cat :)

broncofan7
01-29-2009, 04:03 PM
IF you are married (to a woman), you are part of a matriarchy.

Tombstone RJ
01-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Weird my dogs breath smells like cat :)

My dog's breath smells like cat schiit.

sakuraba
01-29-2009, 04:05 PM
All for women, just not the misguided rewriting of history to perpetuate an agenda

NUB
http://theantiroom.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/bill_bailey_l.jpg

Hotrod
http://letsgetgreen.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/938-010divorce-posters.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
01-29-2009, 04:15 PM
In the House, this is what they mean by matriarchy:

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:RvYkXKrcYpar4M::www.moonbattery.com/archives/nancy_pelosi.jpg

bombquixote
01-29-2009, 04:22 PM
:lombardi:

Tombstone RJ
01-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Some feminists make me so mad it's hard for me to fathom their seriousness.

Listen, if you are a feminist and really want to fight for women's rights, go to China where they systematically kill female babies by the thousands. Perhaps houndreds of thousands.

Don't sit on your soap box here in the US and tell me I'm oppressing you, go take your fight to a place where it truly is needed.

BIAAATCH!

Hotrod
01-29-2009, 04:26 PM
http://www.getonmyspace.com/Images/Funny_Myspace_Picture/images/funny_myspace_picture-1846.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
01-29-2009, 04:30 PM
"Feminism is mixed up with a muddled idea that women are free when they serve their employers but slaves when they help their husbands." --GK Chesterton

dbfan4life
01-29-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm just gonna drop a big 'ol WTF?? in this thread.

Smiling Assassin27
01-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Shouldn't this thread require a secret handshake or something to post in it?

Flex Gunmetal
01-29-2009, 04:35 PM
I have no idea what the true intentions of this thread are.

Rohirrim
01-29-2009, 04:37 PM
I kind of like it when the woman takes charge, if you get my drift. :wiggle:

USMCBladerunner
01-29-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm with dbfan4life...what is the issue of feminism that is so polarizing...some feminists are out of whack, but feminism isn't that unpalatable...it's just humanism applied with a focus on women...big whoop

OABB
01-29-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm with dbfan4life...what is the issue of feminism that is so polarizing...some feminists are out of whack, but feminism isn't that unpalatable...it's just humanism applied with a focus on women...big whoop

because "humanism" does not require the condemnation of another species to warrant itself. you see, feminism may have started peacefull like you feel, but it has since become something entirely different.

now it is about putting down men, instead of uplifting women.

if women want equality, than they should work to improve their gender rather than discredit ours.

Tombstone RJ
01-29-2009, 04:45 PM
I have no idea what the true intentions of this thread are.

To bitch like women, of course!

TheDave
01-29-2009, 04:46 PM
There's a whole lot of people playing with gun powder in this thread...

Smiling Assassin27
01-29-2009, 04:49 PM
There's a whole lot of people playing with gun powder in this thread...

got a match? 8')

sakuraba
01-29-2009, 04:52 PM
we are all brothers, no handshake required

OABB
01-29-2009, 05:06 PM
I like this thread...btw. it brings me back to that thread about the baltimore cop disciplining that skateboarding little ******....I tried to talk about this stuff than.

sakuraba
01-29-2009, 05:09 PM
or that stupid attention whore Pippa Baca

Houshyamama
01-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Feminism gets a bad name from all the ugly, bitter ****s who spend all day obsessing about how men keep them from being pretty and smart. For some reason, they think it's okay to go yelling from from the rooftops about how women are superior to men.

It gets a bad name from the women who swear up and down that men and women are physically equal and that a woman can do anything a man can do.

Just because we are equal doesn't mean we are identical. We're different. Get over it.

Best thing to do with a feminist such as this is look at her straight in the eyes, in front of others and say (in an extremely patronizing tone): "Now, we all know you're a feminist, and that's ADORABLE, but the grown-ups are talking here so it's time to be quiet."

USMCBladerunner
01-29-2009, 05:59 PM
because "humanism" does not require the condemnation of another species to warrant itself. you see, feminism may have started peacefull like you feel, but it has since become something entirely different.

now it is about putting down men, instead of uplifting women.

if women want equality, than they should work to improve their gender rather than discredit ours.

then as you pointed out, the problem isn't with the philosophy of feminism, it's with some of the radical approaches of some activists...you must be interacting with some militant folks to feel so defensive against an idea so banal as women, as people, should have the same rights, responsibilities, and opportunities as any other person (read men).

Maybe they wouldn't be so angry in their dealings with you if you affirmed this concept, then discussed specific issues. If not, then they should just be dismissed as angry tarts and left alone.

goldengopher1976
01-29-2009, 06:05 PM
"Feminism is mixed up with a muddled idea that women are free when they serve their employers but slaves when they help their husbands." --GK Chesterton

Can't go wrong quoting Chesterton. Seriously, you pretty much can't go wrong.

OABB
01-29-2009, 06:21 PM
then as you pointed out, the problem isn't with the philosophy of feminism, it's with some of the radical approaches of some activists...you must be interacting with some militant folks to feel so defensive against an idea so banal as women, as people, should have the same rights, responsibilities, and opportunities as any other person (read men).

Maybe they wouldn't be so angry in their dealings with you if you affirmed this concept, then discussed specific issues. If not, then they should just be dismissed as angry tarts and left alone.

agreed.

and when you meet one that isn't an angry tart, send her my way. Would love to meet her.