PDA

View Full Version : Marshall: Broncos in Super Bowl XLIV

montrose
01-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Broncos' Marshall enjoying Super atmosphere
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

TAMPA, FLA. — Brandon Marshall has never been shy about making bold predictions, and this morning he made another one.

"Broncos in Super Bowl XLIV," Marshall said.

Marshall, the Broncos' Pro Bowl wide receiver, made the rounds on radio row at the Super Bowl media center, and said he envisioned what it would be like to be here as a participant and not just a spectator.

"It brings excitement to me just being involved in some of these activities now, and the festivities here at the Super Bowl. Watching guys do interviews, for the Cardinals and the Steelers, I'm just starting to imagine how it's going to be for me when we get there," Marshall said.

"I don't think it's a question of 'if' we're going to get there. It's 'when' we're going to get there."

Few people are likely to include the Broncos among the early favorites to play in the Super Bowl next year in Miami. But then again, Marshall has never been lacking for confidence in himself or the Broncos.

Marshall said he has spoken on the phone with new head coach Josh McDaniels.

"He said we're going to score a lot of points," Marshall said. "Coach, I hope that's not putting any pressure on you, but that's what he told me — we're going to score a lot of points."

Marshall has not been in Denver since McDaniels was hired two and a half weeks ago, but said he plans to stop in Denver after playing in the Pro Bowl in early February.

Marshall said he's been running some routes with the receivers and quarterbacks at the University of Central Florida - his alma mater - in Orlando, but that most of his Pro Bowl training has consisted of "bowling, golf and long-distance running."

The running has been going well. The bowling and golf, not so much. "It was ugly," Marshall said.

And Marshall said he has been preparing for something else that will happen at the Pro Bowl he says will be "really big."

Marshall had a pre-planned touchdown celebration in honor of President Barack Obama two days after Obama was elected. After scoring a touchdown at Cleveland, he was preparing to put on a glove to salute Obama when quick thinking teammates stopped him to prevent the team from being penalized.

Marshall wouldn't say what he has planned for the Pro Bowl, only that it would be "another phase of Brandon Marshall."

"You know I'm always up to something," Marshall said.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11582306

OBF1
01-29-2009, 12:53 PM
blah blah blah.... The more this guy talks, the more I think he is from the planet "ME"

Inkana7
01-29-2009, 12:54 PM
blah blah blah.... The more this guy talks, the more I think he is from the planet "ME"

Yeah. I mean, the dude said that the BRONCOS will be in the Super Bowl next year. What a selfish asshat!

no-pseudo-fan
01-29-2009, 01:09 PM
I just dream of a scheme where B Marsh can get the ball in the open field, but I want to see what the defense looks like before I start saying that we are going next year.

TheReverend
01-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Cute little Joey Porter reference. That should make the probowl week and game worthwhile.

telluride
01-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Dear Brandon: Please work on running and catching. Not on running your mouth.

Love,

The Fans

Bronx33
01-29-2009, 01:31 PM

I don't get it?

Smiling Assassin27
01-29-2009, 01:31 PM
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

TAMPA, FLA. Brandon Marshall has never been shy about making bold predictions, and this morning he made another one.

Marshall, the Broncos' Pro Bowl wide receiver, made the rounds on radio row at the Super Bowl media center, and said he envisioned what it would be like to be here as a participant and not just a spectator.

"It brings excitement to me just being involved in some of these activities now, and the festivities here at the Super Bowl. Watching guys do interviews, for the Cardinals and the Steelers, I'm just starting to imagine how it's going to be for me when we get there," Marshall said.

"I don't think it's a question of 'if' we're going to get there. It's 'when' we're going to get there."

Few people are likely to include the Broncos among the early favorites to play in the Super Bowl next year in Miami. But then again, Marshall has never been lacking for confidence in himself or the Broncos.

"He said we're going to score a lot of points," Marshall said. "Coach, I hope that's not putting any pressure on you, but that's what he told me we're going to score a lot of points."

Marshall has not been in Denver since McDaniels was hired two and a half weeks ago, but said he plans to stop in Denver after playing in the Pro Bowl in early February.

Marshall said he's been running some routes with the receivers and quarterbacks at the University of Central Florida - his alma mater - in Orlando, but that most of his Pro Bowl training has consisted of "bowling, golf and long-distance running."

The running has been going well. The bowling and golf, not so much. "It was ugly," Marshall said.

And Marshall said he has been preparing for something else that will happen at the Pro Bowl he says will be "really big."

Marshall had a pre-planned touchdown celebration in honor of President Barack Obama two days after Obama was elected. After scoring a touchdown at Cleveland, he was preparing to put on a glove to salute Obama when quick thinking teammates stopped him to prevent the team from being penalized.

Marshall wouldn't say what he has planned for the Pro Bowl, only that it would be "another phase of Brandon Marshall."

Hell, you could interchange 'Ocho Cinco' for 'Brandon Marshall', and the article would nearly maintain its full meaning.

broncofan2438
01-29-2009, 01:32 PM
wow

MagicHef
01-29-2009, 01:33 PM
He should stop being so selfish and predict that another team will be in the Super Bowl.

UberBroncoMan
01-29-2009, 01:33 PM
I wish he would just shut up -_-

But then again... if a Steve Atwater had yapped a lot or a Rod Smith, they would have been far more well known and probably both HOF bound. (Rod because he's the top undrafted offensive WR in history)

That's what stupid about the NFL. You need publicity in the current area to get anywhere.

NeverBeenToDenver
01-29-2009, 01:37 PM
The NFL? Try the entire entertainment business.

ludo21
01-29-2009, 01:40 PM
LOL

you guys are rediculous for bashing Brandon for saying these things.

The hate on him is too funny.

Bronx33
01-29-2009, 01:43 PM
LOL

QFT..

Florida_Bronco
01-29-2009, 01:44 PM
LOL

Agreed.

bronco militia
01-29-2009, 01:48 PM
word

Killericon
01-29-2009, 01:57 PM
I will say that the "I'm planning something super huge, guys!" thing is wearing on me.

Beantown Bronco
01-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Hell, you could interchange 'Ocho Cinco' for 'Brandon Marshall', and the article would nearly maintain its full meaning.

You'd be hard pressed to find one Ocho Cinco quote where he predicts his team will even make noise in the playoffs....much less the SB. Why do you think he always talks about getting out of there? He's been bad-mouthing the team for years.

MagicHef
01-29-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm really upset at him for being excited about his new coach and predicting that his team will do well. It would be much more gracious of him to predict that all the other teams in the NFL will do better than the Broncos. It's also extremely inappropriate of him to try and entertain fans at an event that is as serious as the Pro Bowl.

no-pseudo-fan
01-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Here is a link to the interview: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e6da9a

The guy wants to win, so he is a little brash.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-29-2009, 02:28 PM
LOL

Seriously. Brandon could give a lecture on quantam physics and these guys would find something to pick at

cabronco
01-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Brandon will officially be changing his last name to Quince this year. Please refer him as such...blah, blah, blah...

Just practice not dropping balls BM & give max effort on every play. TY.

BroncoFiend
01-29-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm really upset at him for being excited about his new coach and predicting that his team will do well. It would be much more gracious of him to predict that all the other teams in the NFL will do better than the Broncos. It's also extremely inappropriate of him to try and entertain fans at an event that is as serious as the Pro Bowl.

I'm sensing some sarcasm there but without any icons I just can't be sure ;)

SouthStndJunkie
01-29-2009, 02:31 PM
The guy stayed out of trouble all season.

That is all I give a **** about....stay out of trouble and you can run your mouth all damn day for all I care.

Show up and play hard and stay clean and trouble free.

MagicHef
01-29-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm sensing some sarcasm there but without any icons I just can't be sure ;)

No one seemed to pick up on the sarcasm in my first post, so I decided to lay it on a little thicker.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Brandon will officially be changing his last name to Quince this year. Please refer him as such...blah, blah, blah...

Just practice not dropping balls BM & give max effort on every play. TY.

Only Mane users would complain about a guy who caught 100 balls for two straight years and question his effort...c'mon

HooptyHoops
01-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Who cares if he talks...Shannon Sharp talked and we all loved him....

Ziggy
I wish he would just shut up -_-

But then again... if a Steve Atwater had yapped a lot or a Rod Smith, they would have been far more well known and probably both HOF bound. (Rod because he's the top undrafted offensive WR in history)

That's what stupid about the NFL. You need publicity in the current area to get anywhere.

Let's take a look at last year's Hall of Fame entrants. Fred Dean, Darryl Green, Art Monk, Emmit Thomas, Andre Tippet, and Gary Zimmerman. None of them ran thier mouths. It's not a requirement, just something that some modern day players do to draw attention to themselves.

24champ
he predicts we will be in the Super Bowl next year...

what a crappy thing to say! If only we had WRs that predicted we would go 0-16. ::)

Killericon
01-29-2009, 02:36 PM
People around here won't be happy until we find the next Rod Smith...Which is probably never going to happen.

Flex Gunmetal
01-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Dear Brandon: Please work on running and catching. Not on running your mouth.

Love,

The Fans

Clowns.

brncs_fan
01-29-2009, 02:49 PM
I would like to see him get off the jam better.

Other than than that I could really care less what he does with his off season as long as he shows up to play and doesn't get in trouble.

Flex Gunmetal
01-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Here is a link to the interview: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e6da9a

The guy wants to win, so he is a little brash.

Lol, Jones' entire article is pretty much taken out of context. She's as good on paper as she is on camera ROFL!

MagicHef
01-29-2009, 02:59 PM
In non-sarcastic mode now, I'm very excited about Marshall another year removed from his injury pairing with a second year Royal. I think our offense could really be amazing if our running game gets straightened out (read: we have at least a decent RB healthy for each game).

Hogan11
01-29-2009, 03:03 PM

Wow, a reference in the third person...oh wait, he said the Broncos will be in the Super Bowl next year, so I guess that is excused ::)

bowtown
01-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Wow, a reference in the third person...oh wait, he said the Broncos will be in the Super Bowl next year, so I guess that is excused ::)

No it's excused because WHO THE **** CARES?

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2009, 03:21 PM
why are so many here so down on Marshall? he is a little imature, but is straightening himself out. He is probably the most physically gifted receiver this franchise has ever had, more than likely he is going to rewrite our franchise receiving records, he plays hard every play, and was happy to take on double teams to allow Royal, Stokley and Scheff to be open.

he's a litlte cocky, but he is a good player and teammate.

bowtown
01-29-2009, 03:23 PM
why are so many here so down on Marshall? he is a little imature, but is straightening himself out. He is probably the most physically gifted receiver this franchise has ever had, more than likely he is going to rewrite our franchise receiving records, he plays hard every play, and was happy to take on double teams to allow Royal, Stokley and Scheff to be open.

he's a litlte cocky, but he is a good player and teammate.

But he isn't grammatically correct!!!!

Hogan11
01-29-2009, 03:31 PM
No it's excused because WHO THE **** CARES?

Many cared when Walker said such things.

bowtown
01-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Many cared when Walker said such things.

No, people cared because Javon Walker was saying Denver is not right for Javon and whining to be cut or traded.

Hogan11
01-29-2009, 03:46 PM
No, people cared because Javon Walker was saying Denver is not right for Javon and whining to be cut or traded.

People loathed the fact the he referred to himself in the third person just as much as that, maybe even a bit more. This is different though because he said they were going to the Bowl next year, I suppose. It's funny the selective mindset such a prediction brings on here. Ha!

Los Broncos
01-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Work on turning up field with the ball insted of trying to shake the entire defense and lose yards.

Dedhed
01-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Wow, a reference in the third person...oh wait, he said the Broncos will be in the Super Bowl next year, so I guess that is excused ::)He doesn't even use the 3rd person in the actual interview. I guess that was the author taking creative license.

Watch the interview; the article is complete trash written by a would be tabloid journalist.

Dedhed
01-29-2009, 04:04 PM
People loathed the fact the he referred to himself in the third person just as much as that, maybe even a bit more. This is different though because he said they were going to the Bowl next year, I suppose. It's funny the selective mindset such a prediction brings on here. Ha!
Did anyone watch the actual interview? He doesn't even use the 3rd person.

Dedhed
01-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Lol, Jones' entire article is pretty much taken out of context. She's as good on paper as she is on camera ROFL!

Yeah, after watching the interview that article is just a sad pandering attempt at journalism.

TheReverend
01-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Did anyone watch the actual interview? He doesn't even use the 3rd person.

I was going to leave the same comment.

"It's gonna be another phase in my life" is word for word what's said.

TheReverend
01-29-2009, 04:14 PM

Speaking of... lol. Way to go, Hogan!

That didn't backfire or anything...

Inkana7
01-29-2009, 04:22 PM
This thread embodies just about everything that annoys me with the Mane.

Other than that, this place is great!

tsiguy96
01-29-2009, 04:24 PM
This thread embodies just about everything that annoys me with the Mane.

Other than that, this place is great!

essentially yes. such a large percentage of this board doesnt even support the team, its pathetic.

dbfan4life
01-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Brandon Marshall eats babies.

Flex Gunmetal
01-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Speaking of... lol. Way to go, Hogan!

That didn't backfire or anything...

ROFL!

SureShot
01-29-2009, 04:37 PM
LOL

I wonder what this board was like when Shannon sharp was dropping sound bites.

tsiguy96
01-29-2009, 04:40 PM
I wonder what this board was like when Shannon sharp was dropping sound bites.

the idiots probably called for a public hanging.

La Caspa Del Diablo
01-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Deep down, Marshall has a good heart. He's still a kid. Sometimes he makes some questionable decisions, but he has good intentions. Bullwinkle is a perfect moniker for him.

He's always outgoing with the media. Never standoffish. He's far from an egomaniac and selfish player.

Brandon is a teddy bear.

Hogan11
01-29-2009, 04:47 PM
He doesn't even use the 3rd person in the actual interview. I guess that was the author taking creative license.

Watch the interview; the article is complete trash written by a would be tabloid journalist.

Well, okay, I watched the interview and this does indeed appear to be the case. Since I don't watch every interview link posted on the board (out of Rick Rolled precautions, amongst other things) it appears that I was indeed duped by an "author taking creative license". I guess I deserve it for believing the Denver Post. I apologize to the fanclub for the unfounded accuasation.

Flex Gunmetal
01-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Well, okay, I watched the interview and this does indeed appear to be the case. Since I don't watch every interview link posted on the board (out of Rick Rolled precautions, amongst other things) it appears that I was indeed duped by an "author taking creative license". I guess I deserve it for believing the Denver Post. I apologize to the fanclub for the unfounded accuasation.

It's ok. We don't take you seriously anyway ;D

Hogan11
01-29-2009, 05:00 PM
It's ok. We don't take you seriously anyway ;D

I take the Marshall fanclub about as seriously as they take me.

Seriously though, when I'm wrong about something like this, I man up and admit it. Writers doing something like this Lindsay Jones did is something I really despise. She should be discliplined by the Post for it.

TheReverend
01-29-2009, 05:03 PM

Seriously though, when I'm wrong about something like this, I man up and admit it. Writers doing something like this Lindsay Jones did is something I really despise. She should be discliplined by the Post for it.

Yes, genuine admissions:

I apologize to the fanclub for the unfounded accuasation.

You're an absurd human being, but you provide me with a considerable amount of entertainment, so please never change.

theAPAOps5
01-29-2009, 05:07 PM
LOL

Its pathetic really.

SureShot
01-29-2009, 05:09 PM
"I jumped to conclusions without actually watching the video, well because I heard Apa broke somebody's computer with a rick roll or something...honest!"

lol

Hogan11
01-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Yes, genuine admissions:

You're an absurd human being, but you provide me with a considerable amount of entertainment, so please never change.

Whatever. I sincerely apologized (back handed as it may have been), what you may think of it (or me) is of no value nor concern to me whatsoever.

TheReverend
01-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Whatever. I sincerely apologized (back handed as it may have been), what you may think of it (or me) is of no value nor concern to me whatsoever.

I was complimenting you (back handed as it may have been)

You're slow so, I'll point this out: See what I did up there?

tsiguy96
01-29-2009, 05:42 PM

stop being so quick to call him an idiot and want him cut and none of this will be an issue. he has done absolutely nothing to warrant the way morons like you treat him over the past year. besides wanting to make the super bowl, actually being a starter in the pro bowl, and hoping he gets double covered so his teammates will be open to catch the ball and thus win the game. how much more can you expect of him?

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2009, 05:52 PM

i think it is different though, for the simple reason Marshall is talking about his team and what he wants to do with this team. Walker was talking about how this team isn't right for him. Had Walker been talking about wanting to come back and be a pro bowler for the Broncos, no one would give a damn how he said it.

Hogan11
01-29-2009, 05:52 PM
stop being so quick to call him an idiot and want him cut and none of this will be an issue. he has done absolutely nothing to warrant the way morons like you treat him over the past year. besides wanting to make the super bowl, actually being a starter in the pro bowl, and hoping he gets double covered so his teammates will be open to catch the ball and thus win the game. how much more can you expect of him?

When have I ever said I wanted him cut? Show that to me please.

Hogan11
01-29-2009, 05:58 PM
i think it is different though, for the simple reason Marshall is talking about his team and what he wants to do with this team. Walker was talking about how this team isn't right for him. Had Walker been talking about wanting to come back and be a pro bowler for the Broncos, no one would give a damn how he said it.

The article was a misrepresentation of the video interview and the quote under discussion turned out to be basically untrue as printed. Since Marshall never said it like it was printed, there's no real reason to discuss it.

elsid13
01-29-2009, 06:03 PM
That was very bad article. It wasn't very well written, the editors at the Post should be fired for letting that slip through.

theAPAOps5
01-29-2009, 06:45 PM
"I jumped to conclusions without actually watching the video, well because I heard Apa broke somebody's computer with a rick roll or something...honest!"

lol

Did you enjoy the last tidbit I sent you just the other day? I hope so because it was your last......... ;)

azbroncfan
01-29-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't care if he talks I just want him to keep clean off the field and make it through the SB parties and ProBowl parties without getting arrested.

tsiguy96
01-29-2009, 07:11 PM
When have I ever said I wanted him cut? Show that to me please.

when you only say negative things about him when he may be more of a team player then little jay cutler. try being positive about thsi team once in awhile, youll live longer and enjoy the idea that the NFL is entertainment, and all your whining and complaining will never do anything to change the broncos. not that it should, pat bowlen wants a title more then anyone on this message board.

broncosteven
01-29-2009, 07:16 PM
...Marshall said he's been running some routes with the receivers and quarterbacks at the University of Central Florida - his alma mater - in Orlando, but that most of his Pro Bowl training has consisted of "bowling, golf and long-distance running."

He lost a thumb while bowling, it was surgically reattached and he compressed a vertabre in his lower back golfing.

Nothing serious.

Tombstone RJ
01-29-2009, 07:30 PM
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

TAMPA, FLA. Brandon Marshall has never been shy about making bold predictions, and this morning he made another one.

"He said we're going to score a lot of points," Marshall said. "Coach, I hope that's not putting any pressure on you, but that's what he told me we're going to score a lot of points."

eh, what's the big deal? At least he is up beat and positive.

Hogan11
01-29-2009, 07:39 PM
when you only say negative things about him when he may be more of a team player then little jay cutler. try being positive about thsi team once in awhile, youll live longer and enjoy the idea that the NFL is entertainment, and all your whining and complaining will never do anything to change the broncos. not that it should, pat bowlen wants a title more then anyone on this message board.

So you couldn't find anything....no surprise really, since I never said anything of the kind.

As for the rest of your blather, not only is it totally off base but it's totally irrelevant.

Alkazar
01-29-2009, 07:53 PM
the idiots probably called for a public hanging.

No, we were usually laughing it up over his shots. By that time he had firmly established himself as the greatest TE in the NFL.

DBroncos4life
01-29-2009, 07:58 PM
If Marshall doesn't break every WR record this season he is a bust.

SureShot
01-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Did you enjoy the last tidbit I sent you just the other day? I hope so because it was your last......... ;)

Oh noes! Why?

And yes I did enjoy it thank you.

(Jae)
01-29-2009, 08:13 PM
I love Brandon Marshall threads.
Everytime I see his name in a thread title, I laugh to myself before I click on it.

They always turn into such trainwrecks..........but I cant help but look even though I know the outcome.
The thread title could be "Brandon Marshall woke up this morning", and it will still be 5 pages long, with replies like

"Well instead of waking up in the morning, I'd rather he work on his routes and catching the ball" .
&
"I bet he didnt he didnt even cook his dog breakfast, him and his damn selfish ME attitude"

Brandon Marshall Threads =

http://i39.tinypic.com/mbquxe.gif

DBroncos4life
01-29-2009, 08:15 PM
I love Brandon Marshall threads.
Everytime I see his name in a thread title, I laugh to myself before I click on it.

They always turn into such trainwrecks..........but I cant help but look even though I know the outcome.
The thread title could be "Brandon Marshall woke up this morning", and it will still be 5 pages long, with replies like

"Well instead of waking up in the morning, I'd rather he work on his routes and catching the ball" .
&
"I bet he didnt he didnt even cook his dog breakfast, him and his damn selfish ME attitude"

Brandon Marshall Threads =

http://i39.tinypic.com/mbquxe.gif

Who could have thought that would have went so wrong lol.

CoBear23
01-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah. I mean, the dude said that the BRONCOS will be in the Super Bowl next year. What a selfish asshat!

HAHAHA

BroncoBuff
01-29-2009, 08:53 PM
That article today about B-Marsh maybe grasping the WCO a little slowly ... I hope he's up to speed with this one quick. Royal and Stokley I have no worries about, but B-Marsh you wonder. Maybe the complexity of the offense is what derailed Chad Jackson there ???

Dedhed
01-29-2009, 09:05 PM
I admire that you're man enough to admit you missed the boat here, but take from it the lesson that the media can paint any picture they want. Find the truth before you jump on a bandwagon.

Popps
01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Brandon obviously hasn't been made aware of The Gutless, and all it represents.

SportinOne
01-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Brandon is Brandon. Accept it.

BroncoMan4ever
01-29-2009, 10:10 PM
If Marshall doesn't break every WR record this season he is a bust.

in that case i say get his extension signed now, so we don't have to pay him top receiver money.